Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Won't have an update to Vortex until tonight. Hit a bit of a block at the moment, need to clear my head before I continue on the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
If Vance gets that flying car I'm going to begin thinking hard about getting Bardakos some ranged weapon and skills with it. Flying deathmobile!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

We could have our very own Mystery Machine, solving cult riddles and mysteries!(with the occasional bout of violence!)

Hey saberwulf, your campaign might go off the rails hard f you let us have that car.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Friar John posted:

Flying deathmobile!

More of a "floats off the ground a few feet with the occasional dip when the engine freaks out" deathmobile, but hey, better than walking!

AzMiLion posted:

Hey saberwulf, your campaign might go off the rails hard f you let us have that car.

Don't worry, I have plenty of material up my sleeve (that doubles as future game fodder if unused) if the party goes off to do their own thing. In reality, the only actual "campaign" right now is that you show up at the Narthex in 9 days. Whatever happens in that gap is easily changed.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention this, but the Metron looks kind of like across between the Red Tail from Cowboy Bebop and the Aliens Loader but with a weird, bulky underside, the arms torn off and the glass blown out.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

saberwulf posted:

More of a "floats off the ground a few feet with the occasional dip when the engine freaks out" deathmobile, but hey, better than walking!
I have to admit that's far less intimidating, but still convenient. Also, I should still look at ways to get Bardakos a ranged weapon so he can do something that's not poking things with a sharp point.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Friar John posted:

I have to admit that's far less intimidating, but still convenient. Also, I should still look at ways to get Bardakos a ranged weapon so he can do something that's not poking things with a sharp point.

Find a high-power man portable winch and a spear? This would basically turn bardakos into scorpion from mortal kombat but I don't see a problem with that.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

AzMiLion posted:

Find a high-power man portable winch and a spear? This would basically turn bardakos into scorpion from mortal kombat but I don't see a problem with that.
...Sheeeeeit I like the sound of that :v:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

AzMiLion posted:

Or reverse it and go for some kind of spear-bungie cord combo. You throw it at them, hit them and get pulled into melee range to wreck poo poo up.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

CottonWolf posted:

Or reverse it and go for some kind of spear-bungie cord combo. You throw it at them, hit them and get pulled into melee range to wreck poo poo up.

Oh god, we have the best ideas. Just wait untill we find wherever the hell Custo's from. definitely going to look for blueprints and weapon tech if we ever find that place. Maybe even find a upgraded body for Custo or Nara :haw:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Get over here! Or not, I'll come to you!

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Funnily enough, I've had a group kind of do that. Ran a pathfinder game with players exploring an old Dwarven hall, and in one room was a lodestone pillar that would violently magnetize if certain floor panels were stepped on. When a big floating head monster came out of a crypt in the wall, the players took the metal grappling hook, shoved it through the big ugly's eye and hooked it into his skull, and then the steel plate brute of the party stomped on a panel. Suffice to say, it was enough force and speed to tear the skull clean out of its face.

I come from the 'put enough effort into it and poo poo, why not' school of GM'ing.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

saberwulf posted:

Funnily enough, I've had a group kind of do that. Ran a pathfinder game with players exploring an old Dwarven hall, and in one room was a lodestone pillar that would violently magnetize if certain floor panels were stepped on. When a big floating head monster came out of a crypt in the wall, the players took the metal grappling hook, shoved it through the big ugly's eye and hooked it into his skull, and then the steel plate brute of the party stomped on a panel. Suffice to say, it was enough force and speed to tear the skull clean out of its face.

I come from the 'put enough effort into it and poo poo, why not' school of GM'ing.

Takes me back to one of my DnD campaigns i was in as a player, long story short. 4 Character of wich 2 were sciency/tinkery types led to some interestnig modifications to the warforged partymember. Some features include but are not limited to a magical fold out sheld, a flamethrower, and wings. The thing was basically the V2 Gundam by that point.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

saberwulf posted:

Guess you could say that Beholder... lost his head.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm off for a weekend away in Edinburgh, I'll try and get something in while I'm there, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to post again till Monday. Hopefully I'll be back just in time to be rescued from drowning by a flying car.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

CottonWolf posted:

I'm off for a weekend away in Edinburgh, I'll try and get something in while I'm there, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to post again till Monday. Hopefully I'll be back just in time to be rescued from drowning by a flying car.

Worst case scenario Custo runs into the lake baywatch style and drags you out. Also, saberwulf. I have some questions about Custo and his internals, But that might be a better idea to do over e-mail? maybe?
Mostly due to the fact that he is a mechanical creature ish, without the mech tag. What would cause that and should Custo even have a clue about it at this point? He knows he's obviously not a Human but I don't know what he should think.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Sure. Just shoot me an email with anything you want to discuss and we'll go from there.

Note to all: Updating may be delayed. I'm ill again, and when I'm not stuck at food pantries I'm devoid of energy, mostly resembling the humble sea sponge.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

I'm out of the sudden death zone. Will have an update in a bit.

Edit: Writing the update now, just gonna be slow because I have to use a drat tablet.

saberwulf fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 12, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Hooray! :woop:

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Will put out an update in the morning, just making sure all of my matters are running smooth.

By the way, if anyone wants a map of the area, I'll probably have one up in the next post. It'll be rough and not-to-scale, but should help orient everyone.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm really sorry I've been silent for the last week.

The short explanation: Internet troubles.

The long version, I had a week off work and decided to reformat my computer to try and fix it's internet issues. Unfortunately, I then couldn't find the drivers for it's wifi adapter, and without it couldn't connect to the net. I had to wait for payday to buy a new one.

I'll have a post soon.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

I think it's a good sign that people are replying within hours of saberwulfs posting, shows how :f5: we are about this game. Still having a blast and thanks for the e-mail wulf, it answered most of my questions and opened up a bunch of new ones which will have to work themselves out IC. Just have a slightly better understanding of what Custo is exactly ish myself now. and the other thing will come into play soon I think.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Welp, I have to teach a bunch more hours than usual this week so my posts might be a bit ADD in content, will try to keep up with the thread.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm afraid I have to finish up a report for my supervisor for Friday, and it's taking much more work than I was expecting it to, so I probably won't be able to write a post till Saturday. Sorry guys.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Excuse me disappearing on the game for a week. My internet was out for a week. I'm back though, so replies should be incoming tonight!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

saberwulf posted:

Excuse me disappearing on the game for a week. My internet was out for a week. I'm back though, so replies should be incoming tonight!
That's what I like to hear!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Free the update, Saberwulf! It wants to be free! :v:

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

I'll let it out of that cage when I drat well please :argh:

But in all seriousness, I was just about to start my post. TIMING!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Who are we waiting on still? Vance? Are you going to do anything or just hang out while we figure stuff out?

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Friar John posted:

Who are we waiting on still? Vance? Are you going to do anything or just hang out while we figure stuff out?

Sorry, that post was supposed to be up earlier but I was sidetracked setting up a live Numenera game. I'll be posting much quicker and the overall game speed will pick up once everyone returns to Jutte.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I've just moved and had no internet access for the past week. We were meant to have some! It should be sorted out early next week, and I'll probably be able to get in a couple of phone posts between now and then. I am still alive!

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Extremely sorry about my absence. I have the post all laid out, but I started a new job so I've been too exhausted to write it out properly. I'll try my best to have it out tomorrow evening, so hang tight!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Wo ist der post, saberwulf?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Friar John posted:

Wo ist der post, saberwulf?

Ja, waar is ie?

This game is so good it's like a drug, and i need my fix.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Sorry about that, guys! Now that I've finished a short story I was writing, and I have most of next week free, the update will be finally be posted. I'm gonna see if I can get some of it written up now, seeing as Easter festivities are over.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

saberwulf, you still alive?

this game is too good to die young :(

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

AzMiLion posted:

saberwulf, you still alive?

this game is too good to die young :(
Seconded seconded seconded!

I'm still pumped to explore the Ninth World!

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Whoa, I am SO sorry for disappearing out of absolutely nowhere on everybody like that! I won't go into too much detail, but suffice to say it was personal issues suddenly attacking me, combined trying to simultaneously juggle a new job, avoid homelessness, and work out if I was going to get shipped off to Cambodia for Christmas. In short, crazy bullshit tsunami. But I've now wrapped all of that up and come out pretty on top, even if my pay sucks poo poo.

So, I ask of you all the fateful question: Is anyone still up for this game, or if the fire has dimmed, is there interest in another one GM'ed by yours truly? I have plenty of adventures stewing around in my head, and with access to all of the Numenera books, I'm a lot more prepared for writing a good game.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

I am still pumped! I almost lost hope, but Bardakos still has plenty of life left in him.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I've no problem with continuing either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

LETS GO.

Custo still has science to do!

E: if we need replacement players i might know a guy. He's proficient with most systems, just gotta teach him numenera real quick.

• Locked thread