Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
For the OP for the Antitribu Mod LP, please follow this link.

Case had always taken it for granted that the real bosses, the kingpins in a given industry, would be both more and less than people. . . . He'd always imagined it as a gradual and willing accommodation of the machine, the system, the parent organism. It was the root of street cool, too, the knowing posture that implied connection, invisible lines up to hidden levels of influence.
— William Gibson, Neuromancer

Please zip up your pants.

My first let's play was of Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I don't think it's very good, and I would certainly change how I did it if I LP'd the game again. You can tell it's an attempt by a novice, and things got better from a technical standpoint as the LP went along. The best thing about the LP was the community of goons that would comment on the LP with knowledge of the old world of darkness and how Redemption related to it. Contradicted it might be a better way of putting it.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is much better in that regard. Bloodlines, as it will be referred to from here on, is the second and only other video game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe. Thankfully, it has no relation to Redemption outside of the Vampire: The Masquerade license. Bloodlines was released in 2004 to a warm reception, though it was absolutely wrought with bugs. A big reason for this was that it used an early version of Valve's source engine, and not all the resources Troika Games needed were available. You can read more about elsewhere from someone who knows more about it than me. The point is that Bloodlines, although buggy, is regarded to be a great game in terms atmosphere, story, character, and use of the Vampire: The Masquerade backdrop. Unfortunately, Troika disbanded soon after the release of Bloodlines because they couldn't find any work. This meant that there was a void to fill if any additional bugs were to be patched.

It's almost 10 years later, and there have been numerous patches from someone known as WESP5 that not only fix bugs, but also restore cut content from the game. The most notable of this is an entire questline which includes its own unique areas. This is only included in the plus version of the patch, which we will be using (8.8 in parts 1-14, 8.9 in 15-29, 9.0 in 30-36, 9.1 in 37+). I should mention that this will be a screen shot lp.

Bloodlines is a good game, even without these patches. Let me put it like this: we, as the protagonist, find ourselves unwillingly intertwined within the realm of vampire politics. All of the warring factions of Los Angeles are competing against the others, some for the power to assert their own autonomy, some for the resources that dominance over the others brings, some for reasons unknown. We are the wild card, essentially an agent who is free to sway the game in favor of whomever we chose. Though our path is relatively fixed, who we help or hurt along the way depends on our own choices. The story of Bloodlines can be summarized by this small phrase: we are caught in the machine. Like a gear in a gear train, we must turn with it, but unlike a gear in a gear train, we can change the effects of our turning.

Lastly, a few things. First, do not expect me to follow a set schedule for updating the thread. I do not have as much free time as I did when I LP'd redemption, so know what you are getting into beforehand. Updates will come whenever they do, and if the LP has to momentarily take a back seat to more important engagements, it will. Keep spoilers in tags. I also plan on emphasizing the let's part of let's play, meaning that there will be a lot of thread participation. Following from this, let me begin the thread with a few choices for you to make...

As of update 38, TheMcD has graciously taken over the LP.

Contents
Prologue
I - Beginnings
II - The Embrace
III - Blood: Your New Heroin

Santa Monica
IV - Surf's Up
V - Thinned Blood
VI - Bloody Mess
VII - A Bounty For the Hunter
VIII - Sibling Rivalry
IX - The Ghost Haunts at Midnight
X - The Hunted Hunter
XI - Bad Blood
XII - By The Way
XIII - An Explosive Beginning

Downtown
XIV - Deus Ex Machina
XV - Traffik
XVI - Realpolitik
XVII - The Anarchs
XVIII - Confessions
XIX - Fun With Pestilence
XX - A Plague For the Angels
XXI - Elizabethan Rendezvous
XXII - Necromantic
XXIII - Occultish Personality
XXIV - Calling Dr. Grout
XXV - Caught in the Machine
XXVI - Patron of the Ancient Arts
XXVII - The Epic of the Ankaran Sarcophagus

Hollywood
XXVIII - A Dish Best Served Cold
XXIX - Dead Ex
XXX - Hunters Hunting
XXXI - Snuff is Enough
XXXII - Carnival of Death
XXXIII - Judge, Jury, and Executioner
XXXIV - Hot Stripper Assassin Action!
XXXV - B-Rated Writer
XXXVI - Gargoyle Removal Service
XXXVII - A Night at the Library
XXXVIII - Monarchy Now
XXXIX - Krise
XL - Verdammt Wir Leben Noch
XLI - Out of the Dark
XLII - S.C.A.N.D.A.L.

Chinatown
XLIII - Cyberlove
XLIV - Hoch Wie Nie
XLV - Die Königin von Eschnapur
XLVI - Crime Time
XLVII - Ecce Machina, Part I
XLVIII - Ecce Machina, Part II

Endgame
XLIX - Les Nouveaux Riches
L - We Live for the Night
LI - Propaganda
LII - Auf Der Flucht
LIII - Egoist
LIV - Untouchable
LV - The Spirit Never Dies

gatz fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
MJ12 writes about events in the oWoD leading up to Bloodlines:

MJ12 posted:

Okay, approximately in this time (1999) in the World of Darkness, the Week of Nightmares was happening. The Week of Nightmares was this huge megacrossover event (like comic ones, and just like comic ones it wasn't terribly well thought out) involving vampires, mages, werewolves, and wraiths. Now, why do I say it wasn't well though out?

Normally, the games exist in similar but different settings. If you're playing mage, for example, the vampires are just these pipsqueaks who think they control the mortal world but are covertly doing the Technocracy's bidding, more or less, by hiding evidence of the supernatural (just the way the Union wants it). If you're playing vampire, mages are generally just hedge sorcerers, not these godlike beings of nigh-omnipotent power that they are in their own line. In werewolf, the important thing to remember is that everything is controlled by Captain Planet Villains who are also demons.

Of course, you then mashed all the settings together for the Week of Nightmares, which is hilarious. There was a lot of angry fan backlash at this, especially vampire fans. There may still be flamewars to this day. There definitely were when this metaplot thing hugely altered the Mage line.

Anyways, in the Week of Nightmares, three really important things happened:

1. There was a Sabbat-Camarilla war that involved mass embraces and mass deaths of new vampires. This woke up an ancient Antediluvian, a ridiculously powerful vampire god. This is mostly a Vampire thing, but it spilled over into Mage. The Sabbat and Camarilla will be explained in more detail through this LP, so don't worry if you're not familiar with the terms yet.

2. Some guys in Wraith nuked a city in the underworld with the ghost of the first nuclear bomb. That city happened to have the "True Black Hand" in it, IIRC (who were a spooky double probationary secret society of vampires who knew the ~truth~ about everything and nobody liked because their book was awful so they got nuked).

3. In Mage, one of the Houses of the Order of Hermes, House Janissary, was exterminated by another mage faction, the Euthanatos. To explain this in more detail, the Order of Hermes were some of the most powerful non-Technocratic mages (the Technocracy being an organization of mages which seeks to impose order and predictability on a fundamentally chaotic world). They have various houses, which specialize in various things. Tremere was once one of their houses, until their, well, vampirism accident. Even to this day, Hermetic mages nurse a huge grudge against the Tremere and seek to burn them down when they can find them. The Janissaries were one of the Hermetic heavy hitters, basically a giant group of magic-wielding commandos. Think, basically, guys like Patrick Galloway from Undying. Gun in one hand, spells with the other.

The Euthanatos are a magical faction based on the idea of 'the good death'. Basically, death and life are cyclical, and sometimes for the good of the world as a whole, and the good of one's soul in the next reincarnation, they have to be killed. If you don't get how they work, watch the Wanted movie. That is literally how the Euthanatos see the world (and how they roll). One of their factions, the Golden Chalice, are explicitly magic wielding super commandos. Imagine if Jason Bourne had the powers of a D&D wizard as well. That's what an average member of the Chalice looks like.

Both of them are members of the Traditions, the mystics who were opposed to the Technocracy's enforcement of order and predictability on the world. They wanted a world safe for mysticism and wonder, where things could be unknown and accepted as unknown. Unfortunately, the Technocracy took significant issues with some of the things they wanted unknown, like "will I get eaten by a dragon when I get my lunch?" or "will this medicine cure my sick child"?

To go on with what actually happened, the Janissaries had been secretly manipulating the Ascension War because their leader thought that the end result of one side or the other winning would have been the total destruction of reality. They used ancient ciphers to encode those messages, with a slight issue. The Jason Bourne references (since the New World Order, one of the Technocratic branches, definitely is Bourne-inspired) might give you a hint.

You see, centuries ago, before the Technocracy existed, there was a group of assassin magi called the Ixoi. They thought the Traditions were corrupt and had to be changed. There were people of two minds in that. One of them thought the Traditions were irreparably corrupt and needed to be changed externally, by shooting them a lot. Another thought they could be redeemed from within. The latter group eventually became the Golden Chalice. The former joined the Order of Reason, which would later become the Technocracy, as the Ksirafai. Eventually, some of the Ksirafai started getting cold feet, and they get into a fight with the others who didn't and become House Janissary.

The remaining Ksirafai loyal to the Order of Reason eventually became part of the New World Order.

Anyways, back to the story, you see, the Janissaries had been using old Ixoi ciphers to communicate their secret conspiracy plans, and one of them was eventually intercepted. That, and the Janissaries setting up some political warfare that ended with a Hermetic archmage being killed, led the Golden Chalice to act. They burned House Janissary and left no survivors.

How's that relevant to Bloodlines? Well, it's mostly the fact that the Traditions are now in chaos and the Technocracy do not know what's going on. This may end up having effects on what happens when the more vampire-relevant stuff goes on, but I'll talk about that in another post, this one's getting long.

citybeatnik writes about The Stoneman

citybeatnik posted:

Strap in kids - this is going to be a brief but wild ride.

Follow along with me to the wild days of Vampire, where people were still trying to decide between SERIOUS BUSINESS and superheroes with fangs. This is pre-Revised, mind. Now the thing with Caitiffs is that, well, Caine technically was one - each of the clans exhibit their abilities and weaknesses due to the Curse that Caine laid down on them, with the abilities of the Antediluvians passed on through their blood due to how powerful they were. But it takes a while for the individual Curse to pass along to the new vampire - this is the Becoming, and it's during this time that a Ventrue-to-be develops its taste for specific blood, or a Malkavian is driven to madness by the Truth, or a Nosferatu is warped and twisted and deformed in a process that can take days or weeks.

It's also the period of time where your internal organs atrophy, you vomit up everything in your stomach, and you have actual changes in your skull that let you retract and extend your fangs - there's a spongy tissue there and yadda yadda craziness yadda. There's a rather neat blurb discussing Ramona the Gangrel Sig character that goes in to some detail with this. But I digress.

Anyway. So that happens. But it's still a -mystical- thing. You get it both from the blood and from hanging around with your Sire during this time. But what happens when you're not around your Sire and your blood is not thick enough to carry all the Curse with you?

BAM, Caitiff. Vampires that have actually ducked most of the Curse. This particular viewpoint actually survived in to Revised - it's basically the philosophy of both the Panders (gently caress YEAH JOSEPH PANDER!) and the Unbound, a loose collective of Caitiff Anarchs that are only having their numbers grow in the modern nights. But, anyway. That's in the modern age.

In the -ancient- age, you -still- had these fuckers. And some of them claimed to be direct offspring of the 2nd Generation - like both them and Caine, they did not have the various Curses laid upon them. Most of these were killed off pretty drat quickly. -Most-.

The Stoneman survived.

Here's the most complete write up about him I was able to find, yanked from someone's pet project concerning the genealogy of all of the vampires and their lineage (kind of what fellow goon Loomer has been working on).

quote:

He is shrouded in mystery and all attempts to get answers about his age or history from him are met with an enigmatic smile. The Stoneman has allegedly created several new Disciplines on his own, and is willing to teach the powers he has developed to other Caitiff - if they meet his standards. Some few have even made the claim that he had diablerized one of the Antediluvians or that he is actually a childe of Caine returned from the East. No one can say for certain just what the Stoneman looks like, for he apparently can change his shape at will, and he is almost never described the same way twice.

That's from the unrevised book Outcasts: A Players Guide to Pariahs, which specifically dealt with Caitiff, Ronin, and other weirdos in the gamelines.

This same book also has my absolute favorite Discipline ever just for how -goofy- it is, one that I hold up as an example of the pre-Revised mindset. I present to you... Kineticism.

It gives you control over kinetic energy. Somehow. Because vampires. The first dot in it lets you reduce the damage from attacks - you soften the blows that would land on you and THEN soak. The second level lets you change the course of projectiles - you get enough successes and you can shoot someone with their own bullets. The next step? Getting punched means that you can punch HARDER - damage dealt to you increases the damage of your next attack. The next two ranks basically improve what's come before - the 4th just lets you improve the damage of your attacks without needing to be kicked in the nuts, while the 5th level improves your damage reduction.

This is a thing. This is a sample Discipline with actual rules laid one, and is just one of the many that were apparently created by the Stoneman.

And he's still kicking - he's got a mention in the Time of Thin Blood.

... holy gently caress now I kind of want to play an all thinblood game.

gatz fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 5, 2013

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Who are we?

Bloodlines begins with a choice that almost no vampire actually gets to make (there are very few exceptions). Which clan to we belong to?

To put this into perspective, it's a question equivalent to another question we get to answer in character creation: are we male or female? I'm speaking in the biological sense, not the social construct sense that Troika confuses with sex.

What clan a vampire belongs to is determined by the clan of the vampire's sire. A human is turned vampire (made into a childe) by a process known as the embrace. We'll learn more about this in just a little bit. Know that a human does not get a choice as to who their sire is, since it's likely they didn't even know vampires existed before their own embrace. This is because of the Masquerade, how vampires blend into human society without their presence being known. The masquerade is not something that all vampires follow, nor it is something that vampires always did follow, but that's a discussion for another time.

I ask three questions of you: to which clan do we belong to, what is our sex, and what are we called? To answer the first question, knowledge of which clans we can choose from is necessary. To answer the second question, know that it is more of a cosmetic choice than anything else. Certain encounters with certain characters can be a little different, and the seduction skill is infinitely more useful for someone playing as female than male, but it's more of a superficial choice than anything substantial. As for the third question, the name I select will be my favorite of the names suggested by the thread. It will not be decided by popular vote.

Let's get to describing the clans. Note that is is not meant to be a comprehensive list of each clan's history, lore, backstory, etc. It's only meant to introduce them, to give the reader an idea of what they are about.

The manual doesn't explain Clan Brujah very well, so let me quote the white wolf wiki:

quote:

Clan Brujah is largely composed of rebels, both with and without causes. Individualistic, outspoken and turbulent, Brujah hold social change near to their undead hearts, and the clan's ranks contain some of the most violent of the Camarilla Kindred. ...

...The clan claims a history rich with warrior-poets, and it has adapted this concept into the modern night...

...The Rabble's espousal of change unites them, albeit tenuously, in their nightly crusades. Given a common enemy, Brujah with vastly differing ideals will join side by side to oppose their foe. After that foe is defeated, however, all bets are off and it's back to business as usual. A common Brujah theme involves the foundation of a Kindred "Utopia," or the re-creation of a mythical one from nights past, though each Brujah vampire has a different idea of what said Utopia is. ...

bloodlines' Manual posted:

The Brujah are passionate idealists. At times, this passion can lead them to trouble since they tend to make their arguments with their fists and not words. Their rage means the Brujah start with a -2 to Frenzy checks, but they get a +1 to their Unarmed Feat.

Disciplines: Celerity, Potence, and Presence.

Each clan has different Disciplines, which are essentially special powers every vampire is granted by virtue of their condition. Note that each clan has separate bloodlines, which each have their own disciplines, but Bloodlines (the game) glosses over this.

Every discipline has five levels, and each increasing level of Celerity just makes the increase in speed more dramatic. Another point of criticism for Bloodlines is that it oversimplifies disciplines. Celerity in the actual table top game has a multitude of different powers. There's no way that Bloodlines could take all of these into account, but, still, Troika didn't have to simplify it as much as they did.

Each increasing level of potence increases the bonus to melee and unarmed attacks.

Bloodlines' Manual posted:

If any clan were close to the Beast, it would be the wildly nomadic Gangrel. Usually preferring to be loners, the Gangrel clan has recently severed its ties with the Camarilla. With their feral nature, the Gangrel are much more attuned to animals and have the ability to take on animal forms. Like the Brujah, members of Clan Gangrel receive a –1 to Frenzy checks. When Frenzied, the Gangrel receive a +5 to strength on top of the regular +5 that all vampires receive as well as +5 bonuses to Wits and Stamina.

Disciplines: Animalism, Fortitude, and Protean

Animalism has different effects at each level:

Each level of fortitude increases the amount of damage that can be soaked.

bloodlines' Manual posted:

Insane by nature, the Malkavians see the world in a different light than anyone else. This “insight” allows Malkavians to see the true intentions of others. However, it also means they have a much more difficult time communicating with others on occasion. The nature of the Malkavians gives them a +2 bonus to the Inspection Feat.

I won't be spending much time on the Malkavians since I will not be accepting votes for playing as a malkavian. This is due to conversations not making any sense if you play as a malkavian. All normal dialogue options are replaced with nonsensical, arbitrary responses that make the game hard to follow unless you already know what's going on.

bloodlines' manual posted:

Hideous and disgusting, the Nosferatu are cursed with a grotesque form. Forced into the shadows of the night, the Nosferatu have learned to adapt and hide from society. Due to their hideous nature, the Nosferatu start with an Appearance of zero and their Seduction Feat can never be any higher than zero. Relying on rats for blood, the Nosferatu get 3 blood points when feeding on them.

The Nosferatu are the same as the Malkavians in the respect that they are more suited for a gimmick run of the game. You have to avoid being in the near vicinity of a human or else you get a)attention drawn to you or b)a masquerade violation if multiple people see you at the same time. Conversations, when playing as a Nosferatu, usually open with the NPC noting how disgusting you look and then the conversation continues as it would with any other clan. I will not be accepting votes for playing as a nosferatu.

The Toreador envision themselves as artists and visionaries. They seek the best of refinements, believe in being on the cutting edge and wearing haute couture. With their close ties to human society, the Toreador can buy humanity at half the cost. Additionally, the Toreador gain or lose double the amount of humanity when committing acts that benefit or harm human society.

Disciplines: Auspex, Celerity, and Presence.

See the above clans for descriptions of Celerity and Presence.

Each increase in Auspex increases a)the bonus to Wits b)the ponus to Perception (beginning at 1 point at level 2) c)the distance in which auras are revealed d)the duration of the effects.

The least trusted of the Camarilla clans, the Tremere are blood sorcerers. Using blood magic, or Thaumaturgy, the Tremere guard their secrets quite religiously and do not take outsiders into their confidence. Relying on their blood magic, the Tremere can only have a maximum of 4 for their physical attributes.

Disciplines: Auspex, Dominate, and Thaumaturgy

Would you believe me if I told you that Clan Tremere is an artificial clan? What I mean is that the Tremere were made vampires by a magic ritual. Allow me to quote the white wolf wiki again.

quote:

The Tremere began as House Tremere, Mages of the Order of Hermes named for their leader and founder, Tremere. At the end of the first millennia, the members of House Tremere realized the Hermitic arts were failing and found its immortality potions no longer working. Facing the possibility of losing everything, Tremere ordered research into alternate methods of sustaining their lives. House Tremere undertook numerous experiments, but it was Goratrix who devised a solution in his investigation of vampires.

In 1022, Goratrix invited Tremere and six of the founder's closest advisers to participate in the completed ritual, which promised true immortality. Whether Goratrix knew what would happen is known only by him and, perhaps, Tremere, but at the completion of the ritual the participants fell unconscious and were reborn as vampires, their avatars destroyed and magical abilities lost. The mages had gained their immortality but lost the power they lived for. Though the others would likely have slain Goratrix for his folly (or trickery), Tremere ordered them to halt and declared that they would remain at his side, leaving their chantries in the hands of subordinates while they discovered the powers of their new forms in secret.

In time [...] [t]hey would slowly begin Embracing the rest of the House, with each initiate being bound to the Inner Council to ensure their loyalty. In time, all members of House Tremere would die or become vampires.

See Clan Toreador for an explanation of Auspex.

Unfortunately, the Tremere don't get very many options to use Dominate in conversation.

Thaumaturgy is ridiculously powerful, and the only thing that offsets it is its high blood cost.

The bloodlines' manual does a poor job at explaining the Ventrue. To again quote the white wolf wiki:

quote:

Clan Ventrue has long been one of the proudest lines of vampires, and its members work hard to maintain a reputation for honor, genteel behavior, and leadership. A sense of noblesse oblige has ever pervaded the clan, accompanied by the genuine belief that the Ventrue know what's best for everyone. Considering themselves the oldest Clan, it's no surprise they see themselves as the enforcers of tradition and the rightful leaders of vampire society. Unsurprisingly, they've long been chosen from the ranks of nobility and privilege, traditionally those roles have included kings, knights, and merchant princes; in more modern years, businessmen and lawyers and government leaders have filled the void.

The general belief is that the Ventrue, a clan considered old-fashioned by most, is floundering in these latter nights; however, the Ventrue have a long history of adapting to keep hold of their power. In the modern nights the Ventrue are more politician than warrior, more CEO than baron. They remain the largest supporters of the Camarilla and the Masquerade, believing both institutions to be the surest means of protecting vampires from the mortal masses... and of guarding their own power.

Disciplines: Dominate, Fortitude, and Presence

See Clan Tremere for Dominate, Clan Gangrel for Fortitude, and clan Brujah for Presence. The Ventrue get the most opportunity to use Dominate during conversations.

So, let me recap. Three votes are to be cast.

1. Which clan do we belong to?
2. What is our sex?
3. What is our name?

The first two questions will be decided by popular vote. The last question will be selected by me from the thread's options.

gatz fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 17, 2014

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Gangrel looks interesting, and female. Don't care about the name.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
A female Ventrue.
I'll come up with a name later.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
As usual, I'll be riding Gatz's coattails for this LP. In the Redemption thread, you might have seen a lot of posts from me in the form of walls of text. That's because I am a HUGE WoD fanboy and read a crapton about it. Cainite lore is specialty, so I'll be filling in some of the blanks where the game tends to fall short. If you got questions, odds are good that I got answers.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

A female Ventrue named Melissa.

Will there be any bonus updates showing Malkavian conversations?

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

ArchWizard posted:

Possibly, yes. Showing off certain things like the TV news would be nice.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ArchWizard posted:

I'm okay with this as long as you're Ventrue. I remember playing as Christof Trustfundsman the Vampire College Republican and it was goddamn hilarious to do when I went through this game. Ventrue for life, yo.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

A male Ventrue named Christian.

Female Gangrel named Molly. I was going to go with Brujah, but they're actually kinda bland in this game: their skills aren't that interesting outside of damage capability and I don't remember them having any cool side bits, like the Tremere. It's a shame, really.

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
This game kicks so much rear end. I love that Zach de la Rocha Gangrel bastard, but I never actually played as him because boys are icky. As such, I vote for a Male Gangrel, and the name doesn't particularly matter so long as it sounds as if it could belong to that friend of yours who smokes so much pot, and doesn't do anything else with his time, at all. Martian Dave. There we go.

I'd also love to see a Malkavian and Nosferatu playthrough at some point. I did try both, and did... things... that screwed up the game, forever. Also, Malks have the BEST fashion sense, and I dare you to call them on it.

Haedrin
Dec 28, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

Let's go with that. Pretty sure I've played through the game as every bloodline except for Ventrue, so I think it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

The one time I played through this I went Brujah, because :anarchists:. But they're really kind of boring in this.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The one time I played through this I went Brujah, because :anarchists:. But they're really kind of boring in this.

I'll talk about the anarchs when the time comes. The LP is being written by someone who identifies as an anarchist, so I'll try to make the necessary comparisons/criticisms of the anarchs to actual anarchist theory.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Female Venture.

No kidding on the Malks being a horrid choice for a first play-through. Gave up half-way through because nothing made much sense, though I'll admit it was amusing as all hell.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Male Gangrel because hulking out owns and Animalism is surprisingly powerful.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Name him (if it's a him) Bugsy.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeesssss. Sebastian LaCroix is one of my favourite voice performances, and one of my favourite characters, in all of videogames. He's such a total shithead. This will be awesome.

Voting for Male Tremere. That good blood magic.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

HopperUK posted:

Yeesssss. Sebastian LaCroix is one of my favourite voice performances, and one of my favourite characters, in all of videogames. He's such a total shithead. This will be awesome.

That reminds me: I will try to do something similar to what Lt. Danger did in his LP of Neverwinter Nights 2 and its fantastic expansion when he wanted to show off the voice acting: either link to an mp3 or movie containing the voice acting of a major character, but then rely on transcription for the most part.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

gatz posted:

That reminds me: I will try to do something similar to what Lt. Danger did in his LP of Neverwinter Nights 2 and its fantastic expansion when he wanted to show off the voice acting: either link to an mp3 or movie containing the voice acting of a major character, but then rely on transcription for the most part.

Please do, there's some nice voicework in this game, along with some amusingly cheesey deliveries by some characters.

Female Gangrel, by the way. :v:

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

ArchWizard posted:

This because this was the next run I had planned before my computer imploded.

I still blame my Malkavian run for that. Malkav be damned, though, it was hilarious some of the poo poo that happened… I swear my Malk was self aware and loving with me. :tinfoil:

[Also, I think we should try to be LaCroix's best friend, partly because there's already one Anarch-lover playthrough in the archives and I'd be more interested in seeing something different, and partly because it seems fitting for a Ventrue to side with the biggest game in town, especially one similarly inclined.

GrimRevenant fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 11, 2013

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

gatz posted:

Keep spoilers in tags.

Could you spoiler tag that last paragraph, please?

gatz fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 11, 2013

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
Let's be a female Gangrel

named Lady GanGan

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm gonna go for Female Gangrel. The Ventrue lady looks attractive, but I think I'd like to see how the beasty clan negotiates politics.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

gatz posted:

Could you spoiler tag that last paragraph, please?

Fixed. My mistake. Sorry! :shobon:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Look at all these goons not voting for Malkavian :psyduck:

Then again, thats such a whole different game than the first play through that it deserves it's own when you already know the plot.

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

A Tartan Tory posted:

Look at all these goons not voting for Malkavian :psyduck:

gatz posted:

I will not be accepting votes for playing as a malkavian.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to miss something obvious. :sweatdrop:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

GrimRevenant posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to miss something obvious. :sweatdrop:

Yeah I really was wondering why people weren't picking what was easily the most fun playthrough! Teach me to read LP threads at 6am.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
What? No votes for Tremere? It's almost like you don't want to boil people's blood inside their bodies.

Voting for a Male Tremere named Sebastian.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Let's go with a male Gangrel. Call him whatever you feel like but make sure to hulk out as often as possible.

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
Another vote for female Ventrue, name can be whatever others come up with.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Stacy the Female Tremere, a neutral-good bloody barf witch

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

TehGherkin posted:

What? No votes for Tremere? It's almost like you don't want to boil people's blood inside their bodies.

Voting for a Male Tremere named Sebastian.

The previous full LP of this game had a male tremere, so I'm voting for a Female Ventrue. Highest voted name is fine with me.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
A male Ventrue named Fulcher.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Good luck with this, Gatz, I think we all know the history around people here trying to LP this game. It's stopped at least five people now. Also:

Lotish posted:

I'm gonna go for Female Gangrel. The Ventrue lady looks attractive, but I think I'd like to see how the beasty clan negotiates politics.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Bloodlines is very much a product of the Revised-era oWoD, so outside of the Malkavians and Nosferatu the clan choice doesn't change as much story-wise as you might think. A Ventrue can be a raging anarchist, a Gangrel can play with politics, a Toreador can be a violent brute, and so on. Early VtM had a bad case of stereotypes, where if you knew a character's clan you pretty much knew what to expect from them, and later editions went out of their way to burn that to the ground, to the extent that the vast majority of example characters in 2nd Edition clanbooks were pretty much antithetical to the clan stereotypes.

As for my vote, Female Gangrel. even though they technically left the Camarilla in '99

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

This should be a lot of fun.

Voting for a female Gangrel for entirely selfish reasons (already ran through the game as a Ventrue, dreaming about one day doing a narrative LP as a Ventrue).

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Female Ventrue named Natasha just because.

I wonder how long it will take me to cave in and reinstall this game.. :sigh:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Muraena posted:

Female Ventrue named Natasha just because.

I wonder how long it will take me to cave in and reinstall this game.. :sigh:

You uninstalled it? I keep it on my PC at all times. Same with Deus Ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Female Ventrue.

• Locked thread