Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Isabelle

Oh man that is my mistake, 10 Minutes is the Casting Time. The Duration is 24 Hours!

Isabelle stammers a bit, then rigorously consults the only truth in the world: her books. "Ah, my mistake... don't worry, my enormous friend! This spell can conceal even you for great periods of time! You'll be like our shadow!" She double-checks her Genealogy notes. "Hmm. We could have the start of something here if we could get more information. Like who is expected to attend this ball... and you know, I bet..." She takes the letter the courier gave her and flips and spins it around, looking at it expectantly. "We don't even have tickets of our own."

"My! Our work really is cut out for us today, isn't it? Shall we?"

Going to seize Tarnen and find the Tailor. And I suppose where the Ball is taking place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Enna
Enna goes a little pale at the mention of dressing up. She opens and closes her mouth a few times before managing, "We need to stay inconspicuous. We're on the trail of a rogue agent here, given the best training Breland offers. We'll stick out to him regardless of whether I'm wearing a loving dress. Do you hear me? I'm not putting on anything without a neckline and protection for my vitals!"

But by then Isabelle is flitting off to do whatever it is flighty genasi do to prepare for a party. Muttering under her breath, she grumbles to Asterion, "Let's get to this drat safehouse. One place in town we'll probably be welcome."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Tarnen Kastanian

"We're going to a ball, where anyone who has more than two gold coins to rub together is expected to show up. The buildings gonna be huge and well patrolled, and I doubt we'll be able to flash a badge and sweep any problems away here. So it's a choice between covering from a building and risking being unable to do anything but show up too late to help, or dressing up a bit Enna. But I agree, let's get to the safehouse and hope there's someone with more information there." As he's seized by Isabelle Tarnen waves at Asterion "Make sure we find out how much authority we have here, and look into any counter measures they might have against magic!"

Heck yeah let's split the party.
Streetwise: 1d20+18 22 There's a 'find a good tailor' check for us. Fashion is not Tarnen's strong suit.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Asterion

"Aye. Perhaps we can arrange something to set up a strategic point for us to wait in to intervene in case of emergency. Let us see what resources are available to us." Asterion follows, glad for the opportunity. Let the humanoids dress up and do their fancy parties. He was more at home with a sword in his hand than a goblet, anyway.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Tarnen can find a tailor shop, but it's not an exceptional one. You might be able to get some suits tailored before the ball tonight.

The safe house is an otherwise unasumming house on an unassuming street. Not too opulent, not too squalid. The door opens to reveal a dour looking half elf, who's expression falls even deeper once he sees who you are.

"Boranel's beard get your asses in here. When They said they'd be sending.... I didn't think they'd be sending such a flamboyant group."

Once the door is closed he gathers up the rest of his small cell, a halfling and a human.

"So we need to get these guys into the masquerade ball tonight... yes, including the minotaur and the elf. I need ideas, now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Theodor Ionesco

Theodor takes in the spartan trappings of the safehouse as he enters, "Flamboyant, perhaps, but that may work to our advantage. Allow me to present myself: Theodor Ionesco, third son of the seventh scion of the second dynasty of Umbrey." With this, he sketches an elaborate bow, coming out of it with a rather pained look on his aged face. "Not something I would otherwise advertise. It was one of the first Shifter Houses, and one of the first to be scoured, condemned to a footnote in the histories for nigh on a century." Digging around in an inner pocket, he produces an ornate signet ring, thorned vines twined around a howling wolfshead. "But this is perhaps what we lean on. The last blood of a long-dead line, curious kin to the liches and vampyr, and his 'flamboyant' entourage. Great adventurers, all, and perhaps wishing to rebuild a lost legacy? And where better to start, than maligned Karrnath?"

With this, he shrugs, and leans against a wall, hoping to have his plan not too picked-over by the squad.

• Locked thread