Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The letter arrived earlier that week, you’ve been accepted into the Sharn Watch Advanced Tactics team and are expected to report to Central Command that Friday for your swearing in and briefing. But late Thursday night, there’s a knock on your door and another sealed envelope, your presence is requested by the Lord Commander immediately.

The mood at the central office is tenser than usual, though most civilians wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, you can tell your fellow officers are concerned about something. Tones hush as you approach, and people are stone silent as you ascend towards the administrative floor.

The halfling secretary sits at her desk outside the Lord Commander's office fidgeting nervously, occasionally glancing across the room at the two dour looking officers flanking the door into the office proper, though she brightens up with a practiced smile when she sees you approach.

“Oh, uh, are you one of the officers he requested? I was told to expect five of you, right? I’m sure he’ll be right with you,” she lowers her voice, motioning with her head towards the two other people in the room, “Lady Cazal just arrived, she did not seem happy.”

---
Welcome to the In Mourning game thread, OOC and recruiting thread is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Enna
Nodding at the secretary, Enna leans against the wall, fixing her gaze on the office doors for a moment, then lowering it. She'd expect this kind of cold reception from the Dura Watch. Up here in Central? Something's not right, and at the center of it are the newcomers.

Scanning the room, she takes stock of her new co-workers. The warforged had no immediately visible weapons save for a staff, but his arm had the tell-tale signs of wear from retracting into an armbow many times. She liked warforged, they were generally an unsubtle, result-oriented people. The strange man with flaming hair was probably a genasi, one of the elemental race, and his demeanor spoke of someone who was also concerned with retribution rather than justice. That might be trouble later on, she thought, but chances are I'm soon going to be glad there's a big man with a sword on the good guys' side.

She tried not to think about the kalashtar. She was uneasy working with a psionic, and useful as probing a suspect's mind might be in an interrogation, she couldn't discount the chance he was doing the same to his allies right now. Calling images of sunshine and rainbows to the front of her mind, she looked around the office. Surely the dragonborn couldn't be the fifth man on the Watch Advanced Tactics team?

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 14, 2013

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

Ah yes, hurry up and wait. Anodyne really was making the most of his battlefield experience in the Watch. Eventually the yelling would filter down to him, or something would explode, and then it would be time for action.

Settling into the perfect stillness of a Warforged with nothing better to do at the moment, Anodyne gives his fellow hurried waiters a brief, cursory examination. They seem competent enough. No doubt they'd all be whining like babies before too long, though. Back in the day, it seemed like any five-minute lull in combat would set his entire unit into a chorus of "MY PARENTS ARE DEEEAAAAAD" "I MISS MY GIIIRRRRLLLL" and so on. "Angst," they called it. As far as Anodyne understood it, it was the organics' curse: the burden of not knowing what you were made for.

They really are precious.

I'll take a Jolt Flask for my free theme item this time.

pre:
Anodyne   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP: )        AC:   25    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 10/10 (V:20)     For:  25    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    Arcane Empowerment: 1
Residuum:  250

At Will             	Encounter             	  Daily
Magic Weapon    	[ ][ ]Healing Infusion 	[ ]Punishing Eye
Thundering Armor 	[ ]Burning Weapons      [ ]Corrosive Sigil
        	    	[ ]Shocking Feedback    [ ]Radiant Sigil
        	      	[ ]Gale-Force Infusion  [ ]Sigil of Luck
			[ ]Greater Magic Weapon [ ]Battle Staff
			[ ]Jolt Flask
			[ ]Swift Mender
			[ ]Aqua Regia
			[ ]Warforged Resolve
			[ ]Second Wind

Conditionals   
Warforged Resilience:  +2 to saving throws vs. ongoing damage effects
Arcane Rejuvenation:  Any ally who uses a magic item daily power gains 10 temporary HP
Brutal Enchantment:  Any bonus to damage rolls granted by me also makes your weapons
(but not implements) Brutal 1 for the duration.
Add "r1" to your weapon damage dice on Orokos, like so:  1d6r1+11

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 14, 2013

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

Walking briskly, Ghorma heads to the halfling's desk and leans up against it, dropping his axe with a loud thud on the ground beside him. Leaning in close to the secretary with a grin he whispers back to her "I doubt Cazel'd be Cazel if she weren't angry about something." Stepping away from the desk Ghorma kicks the axe back into his hand and walks towards the assembled officers to get a closer look, finding what he expected. Bunch of do-gooders of all sorts, though a warforged can be fun; never know whats going through their metal heads.

"SO! My fellow officers of the watch's newest squad I bet, eh? Ready to take down whatever scum the Lord Commander has summoned us for? Some poor sod that came up from the cogs and nicked a golds worth of goods from central or other such fiend I am sure."

pre:
Ghorma  						 
HP: 87/87 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 9/9 (V:22)       For:  27    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  21    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    

Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Takedown Strike 	  [ ]Macetail's Rage
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Dragon Breath          [ ]Ignore Pain
Howling Strike	        [ ]Second Wind            [ ]Earthquake Dragon's Rage
Devastating Strike      [ ]Roar of Triumph        [ ][ ]Rage Strike
Rampage*                [ ]Escalating Violence    [ ]Combat Surge
                        [ ]Roaring Challenge      [ ]Stoneroot Rage
                        [ ]Fearsome Smash         [ ]Heart Strike
                        [ ]Furious Calm           [ ]Surefoot Boots
                        [ ]Giantkind Gloves       [ ]Giantkind Gloves
                        [ ]Periapt of Casc...     [ ]Bracers of Defense
                                                  [ ]Marauder's Armour

Conditionals    
- +1 to AC UEoMNT after charging
- +1 to all defenses when bloodied
- Allies hit by Roar of Triumph gain +1 all defenses and I gain +2 damage UEoMNT
- Allies hit by Dragon Breath take no damage and gain +1 to attack rolls UEoMNT
- Can use Rage Strike while not raging, if it misses the power is not expended
- *Rampage is a free MBA, only usable after a crit
- 2d6 Bonus damage against targets with full HP

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Jerac

Jerac never felt comfortable with bureaucratic situations. Give him a criminal to track down or an infernal arcane artifact to stop from hurting everyone in a village and he was at ease. But throw him into a room with people sitting around with nothing to do but stare at each other and listen to the sound of their own breathing, and Jerac began to panic.

He had no doubts of his soon-to-be colleagues, largely because becoming a member of the Advanced Tactics Team meant you had to be at least somewhat competent. No, Jerac was instead worried about the red tape they'd be facing in the field. That was always the problem, trying to really help people and then getting stopped because the higher ups had more important things to do.

Instead Jerac was hoping that the rest of his soon-to-be team wasn't just a bunch of rear end-kissers hoping to advance their careers. Jerac didn't care about that, he just wanted to make an impact and really help some people.

pre:
Jerac   						 
HP: 104/104 (THP:  )     AC:   29    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 12/12 (V:27)     For:  24    Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +11   	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 1

Encounter               Daily
[ ]Second Wind          [ ]Dance of the Sword
[ ]Guardian's Counter   [ ]Sword of the Shielding Fire
[ ]Promise of Storm     [ ]Arcane Deflection
[ ]Sword of Sigils
[ ]Channeling Shield       At-Will
[ ]Dimensional Vortex   [-]Sword Burst
[ ]Acid Surge           [-]Booming Blade
[ ]Insightful Warning      -Close Blast 2 due to Resounding Thunder
[ ]Dazing Rebuke        [-]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Reactive Surge
[ ]Tempest Burst
[ ]Phylactery of Action (Item)
[ ]Boots of the Fencing Master (Item)
[ ]Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (Item)
[ ]Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Item)

Conditionals:
-When I hit an enemy marked by me with an Arcane attack power, I gain 2 Temp HP.
-When I complete an extended rest, I gain 1d8 Temp HP.
-When I shift, I gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of my next turn.
-When I reduce a nonminion enemy to 0 hit points, I gain 7 Temp HP.
-When I use an action point I can manafest any element.

Resistances:
8 Fire
8 Thunder
8 Cold
15 Lightning
15 Acid

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

"Thank you. We'll wait here." Malakhad sat in one of the antechamber's chairs, glad for the chance to rest after the long walk. He was used to waiting while commanding officers conducted their business. The atmosphere at Central Command was troubling, though. It didn't bode well for the newly formed team if storm clouds were already visible before they'd even received their first assignment.

The customary delay did give him the opportunity to look over his new teammates, though. Most of them seemed anxious to get underway, the genasi in particular. The warforged was hard to get a read on, but that was always the case with his kind. It didn't take a psychic to recognize the elephant in the room, though. It was the same way every time new Watch members were assigned to work with him.

"Don't worry. I don't read the minds of friends and co-workers." The kalashtar smiled warmly.

pre:
Malakhad  						 
HP: 64/64 (THP:  )       AC:   25    Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 7/7 (V:16)       For:  21    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +9** 	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 28    Power Points: 6

At Will             	Encounter             	     Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Cast Fortune	  	     [ ]Living Missile
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Bastion of Mental Clarity [ ]Hypnotic Pulse
Dishearten	    	[ ]Distract                  [ ]Mind Blast
Betrayal	      	[ ]Send Thoughts             [ ]Healing Word
Force Grasp	        [ ]Intellect Fortress
                        [ ]Insightful Warning
                        [ ]Mind over Flesh
                        [ ]Prophecy of Doom

Item Power At Will      Encounter                    Daily
                        [ ]ESP Medallion             [ ]Staff of Psicraft
                                                     [1]Orb of Stored Energy

Conditionals    
- Malakhad and allies within 5 squares can't be surprised
- Can spend one PP when rolling initiative to gain a +3 bonus
- Rolls initiative twice and uses the better result
- Save vs dazed, stunned, or dominated at the start of each turn instead of the end
- Ranged attacks don't provoke OAs
- Targets hit by a psychic power take -2 to their next attack roll
- When attacking vs Will, deal +2 damage and the target takes -1 to its first save against the attack's effect
- Two-way telephatic communication within 5 squares
- Rolls Perception twice and uses the better result

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 14, 2013

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I keep hitting edit when I mean to quote, god dammit

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 14, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

After a minute or so, the doors burst open revealing a very angry looking elf woman who storms out of the room with a huff, pausing only briefly to give Ghorma a wicked glare. The guards catch their respective doors like this is a trick they've pulled a couple dozen times before and follow their boss out of the building. The secretary hazards a chuckle once she's sure Cazal is out of earshot and motions towards the door.

"The Lord Commander will see you now."

Iyan Ir'Talan stands staring out the window, his silent vigil interrupted only by a few drinks from whatever alcoholic beverage he's got. After the doors close he turns towards you.

"Well, you aren't exactly what I was expecting," he takes one last long swig from his glass before putting it on the desk and taking a seat, "I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's been a series of... bombings... in Lower Dura and the Cogs. Nothing really big was hit, mostly commercial wards after hours. Halamar just thought it was the gangs getting more creative with their protection rackets so he didn't put any weight behind the investigations. About four hours ago there was an explosion in Firelight, and some Noble's son who was... partaking of the local culture... got himself killed. So now a Scion died on Cazal's watch, Halamar's got egg on his face, and I'm about to get my rear end chewed out in front of the city council. You would have been brought in eventually, consider this a courtesy head start."

He pulls out a bottle from under his desk and gives himself a refill.

"If you have any questions, now's the time."

Firelight is a rather notorious red light district in lower Menthis Plateau. It's proximal to many theaters and the Morgrave University giving it a bit of legitimacy, and is considered safer than any of the other Redlight districts since it's not in Dura.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

Before Malakhad could say anything, the doors burst open and Cazal came storming out. He turned to Enna and made a quick telepathic reply as the group was ushered into the Lord Commander's office: <Nothing is truly useless, even if its purpose isn't immediately obvious. You have to dig awfully deep to find the purpose of some men, though.>

Inside the office, Malakhad waited until Ir'Talan had finished speaking. "Have any of the gangs in the area been known to use bombs in the recent past? If not, are there any indications that someone new is trying to muscle their way in?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

And now he had officers with their heads stuck up their asses. It really was the old days all over again.

"Have the scenes at least been sealed off? Any reports from witnesses or victims' relatives, or bomb pieces recovered? And do we have permission to actually arrest the ones responsible, or just make them promise to only kill peasants?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"No, the only gangs with the kind of pull to run operations in Dura, the cogs, and Menthis are the Boromar Clan, and House Tarkanan. Boromar would hopefully know better than to bring the Menthis Watch into Dura's private little war, and Tarkanan would have made a statement by now. If it's someone new they're keeping quiet."

He turns to look at the Warforged, looking him up and down a few times before speaking.

"Your positions in SWAT give you the authority to arrest anyone in any district. That doesn't mean that you can just go arrest everyone in Sharn and let Aureon sort it out. Do your investigation, figure out who's doing this, and bring them in. Alive if possible, the council wants their pound of flesh and I'd rather it not come out of the watch's hide."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Jerac

Muttering the last piece to himself, 'Alive...if possible,' Jerac finally broke away from his mental funk to get his head in the game.

"Do we know if the explosion was magical or mundane?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"The Book officers can't tell really, there are some characteristics of both. I'm sure one of them could talk your ear off for hours about what that actually means. As far as the scene itself it has been cordoned off and there are officers posted, but the Menthis watch removed the bodies. I can have a clerk meet you at the scene with sketches but any examination of today's bodies will be cursory until the families of the deceased identify them and declare their intent to raise them from the dead or not."

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Enna
Well, that didn't take long to come back and bite her in the rear end. And just when she'd hoped to stay out of Halamar's gaze for awhile.

"Have we identified the victim? The important one, the Scion who's the reason we're in here. Perhaps more importantly, have we identified the next of kin, the noble?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"He's from House Cannith, according to his signet ring. Silaena was of the mind that that was important enough, and she's mostly right. There are probably other up and comers amongst the wounded as well, but that's in House Jorasco's hands, not mine. All in all there are five dead, two shopkeepers, the Cannith scion, another passer by and one of the customers at the shop."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

Already it sounded like there was more going on here than they were being told. The house Scion was a high profile target, drawing the kind of attention most would shy away from. 'It's possible that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and one of the other victims was the ultimate goal...'

Jerac then mentally scolded himself, allowing conjecture to take hold before facts were gathered.

"Come, let us make haste while the crime scene is still fresh." Jerac declared as he walked out of the office, purpose driving his pace.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The Lord Commander spins a sheet of paper around on his desk and shoves it towards whoever is closest. Here's the address. Bring me back some good news, all our heads might rest on it.
---
The Firelight district is uncharacteristically quiet this evening. No lanterns burn in the windows, no ladies beckon to the passers by, only the faint roar of activity elsewhere sounds through the maze of towers. Hardly anyone actually lives here, and the days activities have driven away most of the usual clientele, so this is hardly surprising. What is surprising however is the absence of the one thing you are expecting to see, the officers that are supposed to be standing guard.

When you're about to make the last corner towards the crime scene you hear a heavy wooden thud followed by barely audible harsh whispering.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 15, 2013

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

Ghorma had fallen silent for the Lord Commanders meeting, that look Cazel gave him was not so inspiring. The news that the Scion was dead on her watch was bad news; person who got him back in was already in trouble, not a good start. The case itself was interesting though, dead Scion and an explosion.

Following along after the other four quietly Ghorma ran over his past encounters with the Clan and House Tarkanan in the cogs and Dura. The noise near the scene snapped him out of his mood quickly though.

"Y'hear that? Someone already ruining the scene?"

Sorry! Job craziness kept me from posting, wont happen again!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
Hearing the noise, Enna immediately halts, raising a fist signaling those behind to follow suit. Moving her hand to her crossbow, she takes cover at the corner and listens intently to the whispers.

Perception: 1d20+17 18

Setting the bar high

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

"Why the hell are we stopping to listen? You know what's down there? Something we ought to go and see."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

"Ready yourselves..." Jerac warns his companions as he summons his sword from its sheath, the Honor Blade floating effortlessly into his grip.

Jerac takes a moment to gather his surroundings, looking for any snipers or ambushes before rounding the corner...

Perception: 1d20+8 11

I blame this on Obama Care...

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

"Calm yourselves. Let's not go jumping into this unprepared." Malakhad stood by the corner, eyes closed, in an attempt to make out what was being said. Unfortunately it was too muffled for him to hear.

Perception: 2#1d20+14 19 17 Good old "first page of a new game dice failures!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You can't hear anything wrong, maybe one of the guards just dropped something on his foot.
As you turn the corner, you see an elf standing outside of the jewelry shop where the explosion happened. Through the hole in the shop wall you can see a couple of other half-elves picking through the rubble for something valuable. In one of the alleyways, their lookout catches eye of you and shouts

: "Boss! Company!"
: "What? Oh Kyber! To arms!"

Don't feel too bad, they didn't do any better.

Welcome to the Low Resolution part of town, sponsored by WOTC circa 2003

Since we've got a few feats and such that modify initiative I'll let you roll your own. Also: Would you prefer to know their AC and NADs to resolve your own rolls?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

"In the name of the Sharn Watch lay down your weapons or we will use deadly force." Jerac yelled as a warning, his blade humming in anticipation.

Initiative: 1d20+11 24

I think knowing the AC/NADs would be helpful for us to resolve Hit: effects and any secondary stuff that our powers might trigger on.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

Initiative: 2#1d20+9 10 15

Dice: still cursed. Knowing defenses would be handy so we can run things a bit faster on our own turns.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

"FREEZE!" Anodyne points at the elven looters, and the plates on his forearm unfold into a dizzying array of improbable ranged weaponry. "This is the Sharn Watch! You are trespassing in a restricted area and obstructing a criminal investigation! Put down your weapons! You have twenty seconds to comply!"

Initiative: 1d20+5 10
Arcana Monster Knowledge: 1d20+16 28

I'd like to see enemy defenses, too.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 15, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The elf standing outside the door looks familiar, you must have seen his wanted poster somewhere. Dharvek, a local thug with his fingers in a lot of pots. He's been through the system a few times, and has been known to kill when it suits him. But explosives aren't his style. Exploiting the suffering of others to make a quick buck? That he'll do. He's rumored to be a pretty good shot with a bow but he's got a few arcane tricks up his sleeves.

The guys looting the building look to be brutes, their greatest asset being their mobility.

The elf in the alleyway though, he looks like the kind of person who could charm water out of a lake.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
Anodyne's announcement makes it difficult to get a read on the amount of targets. To be on the safe side, Enna stays in cover, biding her time. If this goes south she wants the first shot on the leader.

Sense Threat: 1d20+17 19 Anyone who did worse than that gets +2 racial
Reactive Stealth: 1d20+15 23
if I get any actions, I'll be drawing my xbow and sword

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I assume the woman just inside the door isn't a Fey creature. Do we have clear shots into the building?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 15, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Really Pants posted:

I assume the woman just inside the door isn't a Fey creature.

Half elves technically aren't Fey but I included her and the guys in the building anyway. She's just a tougher version of them, quick and cutty.

The rubble in the blast radius provides partial cover and is difficult terrain.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

"Being here's the worst mistake of your lives elves, surrender or not." Ghormas hands begin to move down to his axe handle, fingers already itching. Perhaps these elves were just looters at the wrong place at the wrong time, either way, don't seem the type to surrender.

Initiative: 1d20+5 24

Ovo fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 15, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Initiative: Dharvek, Lookout, Captain, Grunts: 1d20+9 17 1d20+8 10 1d20+11 15 1d20+8 10
Looks like you gave the NPCs your dice luck.

pre:
Init	Character	AC	Fort	Ref	Will	Status
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
24	Ghorma		23	27	21	23
24	Jerac		29	24	27	23
19	Enna		24	20	26	23
17	Malakhad	25	21	25	28
17	Dharvek		25	23	26	25
15	Lookout		23	21	21	21
12	Anodyne		25	25	26	23
10	Captain		24	22	22	22
10	Grunts		23	21	22	21
Ghorma, Jerac, Enna, Malakhad, you're up.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

Knowing that criminals caught in the act weren't likely to stand down just because they were asked nicely, Malakhad planted a sense of despair in their minds to make them give up before the fight had even begun.

Move action: Walk to P3
Standard action: Dishearten vs Will centered on I13: Dishearten vs Will: 4#1d20+15 28 25 22 20 1d6+14 19 damage. Three of the grunts are hit, and take -2 to attack UEoNT and an additional -2 to their next attack (if they aren't minions). Assume any damage Malakhad does is non-lethal unless specified otherwise.

If an area attack is directed multiple party members and includes Malakhad, he uses Insightful Warning as an interrupt if it would make a difference.

pre:
Malakhad  						 
HP: 64/64 (THP:  )       AC:   25    Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 7/7 (V:16)       For:  21    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +9** 	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 28    Power Points: 6/6

At Will             	Encounter             	     Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Cast Fortune	  	     [ ]Living Missile
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Bastion of Mental Clarity [ ]Hypnotic Pulse
Dishearten	    	[ ]Distract                  [ ]Mind Blast
Betrayal	      	[ ]Send Thoughts             [ ]Healing Word
Force Grasp	        [ ]Intellect Fortress
                        [ ]Insightful Warning
                        [ ]Mind over Flesh
                        [ ]Prophecy of Doom

Item Power At Will      Encounter                    Daily
                        [ ]ESP Medallion             [ ]Staff of Psicraft
                                                     [1]Orb of Stored Energy

Conditionals    
- Malakhad and allies within 5 squares can't be surprised
- Can spend one PP when rolling initiative to gain a +3 bonus
- Rolls initiative twice and uses the better result
- Save vs dazed, stunned, or dominated at the start of each turn instead of the end
- Ranged attacks don't provoke OAs
- Targets hit by a psychic power take -2 to their next attack roll
- When attacking vs Will, deal +2 damage and the target takes -1 to its first save against the attack's effect
- Two-way telephatic communication within 5 squares
- Rolls Perception twice and uses the better result

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

"As you wish, your actions have been noted as being hostile towards the Sharn Watch and you will be dealt with accordingly..." Jerac spouted. His primary concern was the 'Boss' and his lieutenant. Seeing Malakhad deal with the other thugs so judicially, they weren't an immediate concern of his.

Move: Move to P5>O5>N6>M7>L8>K8
Minor: Mark the target in O11
Move: Move to J8>I8

*If my mark attacks anyone but me, use Aegis of Shielding.
*If someone other than my mark makes a melee attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Dimensional Vortex.
*If someone other than my mark makes a ranged attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Channeling Shield.
*I can only do one of these a round, so the first one negates the other triggers.

pre:
Jerac   						 
HP: 104/104 (THP:  )     AC:   29    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 12/12 (V:27)     For:  24    Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +11   	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 1

Encounter               Daily
[ ]Second Wind          [ ]Dance of the Sword
[ ]Guardian's Counter   [ ]Sword of the Shielding Fire
[ ]Promise of Storm     [ ]Arcane Deflection
[ ]Sword of Sigils
[ ]Channeling Shield       At-Will
[ ]Dimensional Vortex   [-]Sword Burst
[ ]Acid Surge           [-]Booming Blade
[ ]Insightful Warning      -Close Blast 2 due to Resounding Thunder
[ ]Dazing Rebuke        [-]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Reactive Surge
[ ]Tempest Burst
[ ]Phylactery of Action (Item)
[ ]Boots of the Fencing Master (Item)
[ ]Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (Item)
[ ]Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Item)

Conditionals:
-When I hit an enemy marked by me with an Arcane attack power, I gain 2 Temp HP.
-When I complete an extended rest, I gain 1d8 Temp HP.
-When I shift, I gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of my next turn.
-When I reduce a nonminion enemy to 0 hit points, I gain 7 Temp HP.
-When I use an action point I can manafest any element.

Resistances:
8 Fire
8 Thunder
8 Cold
15 Lightning
15 Acid

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

As the Jerac makes for the group in the building Ghorma charges down the alley towards the lookout. If things go poorly he'll be the first to break and run; no chance of that happening with a blade buried in him. Storming the man Ghorma lets loose a bellowing roar as the axe comes down. Following the axes movement, he moves close to the elf and places a leg behind his. Tripping the lookout to the ground Ghorma digs the axe a little deeper before stepping back, a grin already on his face.

Move: To O6.
Standard: Charge to O10 and attack the lookout with Howling Strike vs AC: 1d20+18 37 1d12+2d6+9 19 2d6 7 for 26 total damage.
No Action: Using Takedown Strike to do 6 extra damage for 32 total, and to knock the lookout prone.

I charged so +1 AC UEoMNT.

pre:
Ghorma  						 
HP: 87/87 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 9/9 (V:22)       For:  27    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  21    Action Points: 1

Melee Basic Attack  	[X]Takedown Strike 	  [ ]Macetail's Rage
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Dragon Breath          [ ]Ignore Pain
Howling Strike	        [ ]Second Wind            [ ]Earthquake Dragon's Rage
Devastating Strike      [ ]Roar of Triumph        [ ][ ]Rage Strike
Rampage*                [ ]Escalating Violence    [ ]Combat Surge
                        [ ]Roaring Challenge      [ ]Stoneroot Rage
                        [ ]Fearsome Smash         [ ]Heart Strike
                        [ ]Furious Calm           [ ]Surefoot Boots
                        [ ]Giantkind Gloves       [ ]Giantkind Gloves
                        [ ]Periapt of Casc...     [ ]Bracers of Defense
                                                  [ ]Marauder's Armour

Conditionals    
- +1 to AC UEoMNT after charging
- +1 to all defenses when bloodied
- Allies hit by Roar of Triumph gain +1 all defenses and I gain +2 damage UEoMNT
- Allies hit by Dragon Breath take no damage and gain +1 to attack rolls UEoMNT
- Can use Rage Strike while not raging, if it misses the power is not expended
- *Rampage is a free MBA, only usable after a crit
- 2d6 Bonus damage against targets with full HP
- Upon bloodying a foe I gain my CHA mod to the next attack vs. that target

Ovo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 16, 2013

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
As the men charge loudly into action, Enna emerges unseen, a silent blur across the street. Suddenly the lookout in the alley has two bolts in his side, and the woozy sensation of a damaged nerve somewhere.

Move to L3
Darkstrider Ambush vs AC: 1d20+19 24 3d6+3d8+10 35 He's dazed, end my next turn. The only reason I hit is because I hosed up this attack roll very badly. It's a ranger attack so Orokos calculated it with my STR, and I was debating using my dual bolt but then realized I couldn't, after rolling for it. Actual bonus is +5 ability, +5 level, +2 weapon proficiency, +2 Master at Arms, +2 magic ammo, +2 CA, +1 sharpshooter talent
Snap Shot vs AC: 1d20+18 32 1d6+17 18

pre:
Enna Carreth 						 
HP: 74/74 (THP:0)        AC:   24    Passive Insight: 25
Surges: 7/7 (V:18)       For:  20    Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +10   	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7   	         Will: 23    

Encounter               Daily  	  	  	Items
[ ]Suprise Strike  	[ ]Spinning Blade Leap  	[ ]Boltshard Crossbow
[ ]King's Castle  	[ ]Go For The Eyes  	  	[ ]Sacrificial Shortsword
[ ]Tumble  	  	[ ]Knockout Blow  	  	[ ]Shadowdance Armor
[ ]Low Slash  	  	  	  	  	  	[ ]Cape of the Mountebank
[x]Snap Shot
[ ]Acrobat's Escape
[x]Darkstrider's Ambush
[ ]Second Wind

Basic Attacks
Shortsword MBA: melee 1, +18 vs. AC, 1d6+8
Hand-xbow RBA: ranged 15/25, +19 vs. AC, 1d6+10
Piercing Strike: melee 1, +18 vs. Ref, 1d6+8, shift 2 on hit
Sly Flourish: ranged 15/25 or melee 1, +18 vs. AC, 1d6+13

Gear
Adventurer's Kit
Glass Cutter
Thieves' Tools (+2 Thievery to open lock or disable trap)
Inquisitive's Kit (+2 Perception to search for something specific)
Footpads (+1 Stealth to move silently)
Camouflaged Clothing (+2 Stealth to blend in)
Dual Arrow +2 x1
Spider Bolt +3 x2

Conditionals
Sneak Attack: 1/turn, +3d8 damage to target granting CA
Hunter's Quarry: 1/enc, designate nearest enemy as quarry until EOMNT; 1/turn, +2d6 damage to quarry
Darkstrider's Edge: +7 damage against foes I'm hidden from or who haven't acted yet
Sharpshooter Talent: +1 hit with crossbows
Improved Cunning Sneak: When I end movement more than 2 squares away with concealment or cover, free Stealth check to hide
Sense Threat: Allies with lower initiative than me gain +2 racial bonus

Features
Cunning Sneak (Improved): No penalty to Stealth for moving more than 2 squares. 
First Strike: CA and +7 damage against all foes who haven't acted yet in a fight
Dark Action: On AP, +4 to all defenses until EOMNT
Outlaw: In City, ignore difficult terrain and can't be tracked
Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when shifting
Sense Threat: Roll Perception for initiative; 
Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If any cover or concealment when I roll initiative, free Stealth check to hide

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 17, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Walker, you didn't say where you were moving so I put you someplace with a line of attack to the lookout.
Three of the grunts working the shop over fall over senseless, the other two and their captain are looking rather concerned. The lookout, on the other hand, isn't looking too hot, what with two axe wounds and a couple of bolts sticking out of his side.

: "You're out of your league, matchstick."
Dharvek smirks at the Genasi and spins backwards, knocking two arrows as he does so and loosing them at Jerac.
Twin Arrows vs AC: 1d20+19 34 2d6+4 11 1d20+19 27 2d6+4 15
11 total damage.
: "What the hell man? Seriously? I'm just filling a paycheck!"

He really does look rather pathetic for a lookout, you're probably better off directing your wrath elsewhere, after all you have an image to maintain.

Disarming Smile vs Will: 1d20+13 27 2d6-2 5
Aegis of Shielding Triggered damage reduction already factored into the roll. Ghorma can't attack the Lookout (save ends, he gets an additional save if the lookout attacks him).

pre:
Init	Character	AC	Fort	Ref	Will	Status
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
24	Ghorma		23	27	21	23	Cannot attack lookout(Save Ends)

24	Jerac		29	24	27	23

19	Enna		24	20	26	23

17	Malakhad	25	21	25	28

17	Dharvek		25	23	26	25

15	Lookout		23	21	21	21	Bloodied

12	Anodyne<	25	25	26	23

10	Captain		24	22	22	22

10	Grunts		23	21	22	21
Anodyne you're up.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 17, 2013

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is Dharvek going to do anything?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I guess it wouldn't affect my turn much. Sorry to doublepost, but I thought an edit might get overlooked.

Anodyne

"I'd worry more about the checks that your mouth is writing and your body can't cash, meatbag." Anodyne strides out into the plaza behind Ghorma, dispelling the charm with a quick rap on the dragonborn's shoulder. The end of his staff leaves an arc of glowing smoke in the air as he hauls back and cracks the smarmy lookout upside the head, releasing a burst of energy that leaves a faint halo on Ghorma's arms and weapon.

Move: Walk to O-9.
Minor: Swift Mender Save vs. Disarming Smile: 1d20 14
Standard: Magic Weapon vs AC: 1d20+18 37
Magic Weapon Crit Damage (Battle Staff): 16+2d8 19
Ghorma has a +1 power bonus to hit, +4 power bonus to damage rolls, and his axe is Brutal 1 until my next turn ends. The Lookout has -1 AC until my next turn ends, and takes 6 damage if he attacks me before my next turn starts.

pre:
Anodyne   						 
HP: 81/81 (THP: )        AC:   25    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 10/10 (V:20)     For:  25    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    Arcane Empowerment: 1
Residuum:  250

Magic Weapon    	[ ][ ]Healing Infusion 	[ ]Punishing Eye
Thundering Armor 	[ ]Burning Weapons      [ ]Corrosive Sigil
        	    	[ ]Shocking Feedback    [ ]Radiant Sigil
        	      	[ ]Gale-Force Infusion  [ ]Sigil of Luck
			[ ]Greater Magic Weapon [ ]Battle Staff
			[ ]Jolt Flask
			[X]Swift Mender
			[ ]Aqua Regia
			[ ]Warforged Resolve
			[ ]Second Wind

Conditionals   
Warforged Resilience:  +2 to saving throws vs. ongoing damage effects
Arcane Rejuvenation:  Any ally who uses a magic item daily power gains 10 temporary HP
Brutal Enchantment:  Any bonus to damage rolls granted by me also makes your weapons
(but not implements) Brutal 1 for the duration.
Add "r1" to your weapon damage dice on Orokos, like so:  1d6r1+11

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Kurieg posted:

Walker, you didn't say where you were moving so I put you someplace with a line of attack to the lookout.

Derp! Was supposed to be L3

• Locked thread