Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The barmaid looks at Anodyne incredulously.
"Whaat!? You think we had something to do with this? Fuller's a thug but thugs pay their bar tabs too. We didn't know anything about what he's doing or what happened with Twelve, whatever happened with Twelve."

Fuller coughs out a groggy chuckle.
"You expect me to talk hogtied with a sword to my back? What I know is the only thing keeping me alive for the next few minutes so I'll do that silent thing you were talking about for now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

Closing his eyes as as Enna begins to grill Fuller, Ghorma breaths slowly in and out for a few moments. Battle is done. Let it all go. Opening his eyes he quickly straps his axe to his side and kneels down to pat the unconscious warforged.

"Barkeep, We're done here. Bring me another ale, didn't get to finish my first one, Fuller had to get cocky. Here, Jerac. I'll pat this one down, you check the others, might have some thing on them. You know, uh, a clue."

And maybe they have something worth a few coins, Ghorma thinks to himself. Shouldn't have tried to kill me if you didn't want to get robbed.

I'll give a surge too, as well as spend one on myself.

pre:
Ghorma  						 
HP: 77/87 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 6/9 (V:22)       For:  27    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  21    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    

At Will             	Encounter             	  Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Takedown Strike 	  [ ]Macetail's Rage
Ranged Basic Attack 	[X]Dragon Breath          [ ]Ignore Pain
Howling Strike	        [ ]Second Wind            [ ]Earthquake Dragon's Rage
Devastating Strike      [ ]Roar of Triumph        [ ][ ]Rage Strike
Rampage*                [ ]Escalating Violence    [ ]Combat Surge
                        [X]Roaring Challenge      [X]Stoneroot Rage
                        [ ]Fearsome Smash         [ ]Heart Strike
                        [X]Furious Calm           [X]Surefoot Boots
                        [ ]Giantkind Gloves       [ ]Giantkind Gloves
                        [ ]Periapt of Casc...     [X]Bracers of Defense
                                                  [ ]Marauder's Armour

Conditionals    
- +1 to AC UEoMNT after charging
- +1 to all defenses when bloodied
- Allies hit by Roar of Triumph gain +1 all defenses and I gain +2 damage UEoMNT
- Allies hit by Dragon Breath take no damage and gain +1 to attack rolls UEoMNT
- Can use Rage Strike while not raging, if it misses the power is not expended
- *Rampage is a free MBA, only usable after a crit
- 2d6 Bonus damage against targets with full HP
- Upon bloodying a foe I gain my CHA mod to the next attack vs. that target

[/quote]

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

"I don't think we're going to get anything more out of Fuller here. Let's bring him back to the station so we can have a proper chat." Malakhad figured it was for the best that the warforged didn't want to speak here. There were still too many witnesses near the bar, and if word got out that somebody knew how to turn other warforged into living bombs it could start a panic.

The kalashtar turned to the barmaid and tipped his hat. "Terribly sorry about the mess, ma'am."

One surge spent on healing, Anodyne can have another.

pre:
Malakhad  						 
HP: 64/64 (THP:  )       AC:   25    Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 5/7 (V:16)       For:  21    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +9** 	 Ref:  25    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 28    Power Points: 6/6

At Will             	Encounter             	     Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Cast Fortune	  	     [X]Living Missile
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Bastion of Mental Clarity [ ]Hypnotic Pulse
Dishearten	    	[ ]Distract                  [ ]Mind Blast
Betrayal	      	[ ]Send Thoughts             [ ]Healing Word
Force Grasp	        [ ]Intellect Fortress
                        [ ]Insightful Warning
                        [ ]Mind over Flesh
                        [ ]Prophecy of Doom

Item Power At Will      Encounter                    Daily
                        [ ]ESP Medallion             [ ]Staff of Psicraft
                                                     [1]Orb of Stored Energy

Conditionals    
- Malakhad and allies within 5 squares can't be surprised
- Can spend one PP when rolling initiative to gain a +3 bonus
- Rolls initiative twice and uses the better result
- Save vs dazed, stunned, or dominated at the start of each turn instead of the end
- Ranged attacks don't provoke OAs
- Targets hit by a psychic power take -2 to their next attack roll
- When attacking vs Will, deal +2 damage and the target takes -1 to its first save against the attack's effect
- Two-way telephatic communication within 5 squares
- Rolls Perception twice and uses the better result

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Jerac

Surveying the bar Jerac finds no more assailants and breaths a sigh of relief, happy to be done with the sudden onslaught of violence.

Willing his blade back to its scabbard through his innate arcane might, Jerac assists in cuffing the remaining warforged on the ground even though most of them were unconscious, or disabled, whichever applied to Warforged.

Hearing Ghorma's request Jerac nodded and proceeded to search the thugs after they were handcuffed, hoping they held some insight into what Fuller was holding back.

Perception: 1d20+8 11

Finding nothing more interesting than the lint in his own pocket Jerac returns his attention to the interrogation of Fuller.

"Fuller, don't make this any harder than it has to be. Obviously someone is weaponizing the Warforged in some form or fashion and it's only getting your people killed. Believe or not we're here to help and I don't want to see anymore units destroyed. Tell us what you know so no one else has to die this day."

Going to spend 2 surges to get myself up to full, and feel free to take as many as you need to recharged your Infusions since I think I have the most in the group. Just tell me how many you need and I'll adjust my total accordingly.

pre:
Immediate Actions:
*If my mark attacks anyone but me, use Aegis of Shielding (14 damage absorbed).
*If my mark attacks myself and others with an AoE, use Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (13 damage absorbed).
*If someone other than my mark makes a melee attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Dimensional Vortex (Negates the Attack).
*If someone other than my mark makes a ranged attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Channeling Shield (9 damage absorbed).
*I can only do one of these a round, so the first one negates the other triggers.

Jerac   						 
HP:  104/104 (THP:00)    AC:   29    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 20/12 (V:27)     For:  24    Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +11   	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    

Encounter               Daily
[ ]Second Wind          [ ]Dance of the Sword
[ ]Guardian's Counter   [ ]Sword of the Shielding Fire
[ ]Promise of Storm     [ ]Arcane Deflection
[ ]Sword of Sigils
[ ]Channeling Shield       At-Will
[ ]Dimensional Vortex   [-]Sword Burst
[ ]Acid Surge           [-]Booming Blade
[ ]Insightful Warning      -Close Blast 2 due to Resounding Thunder
[ ]Dazing Rebuke        [-]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Ractive Surge
[ ]Tempest Burst
[ ]Phylactery of Action (Item)
[ ]Boots of the Fencing Master (Item)
[ ]Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (Item)
[ ]Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Item)

Conditionals:
-When I hit an enemy marked by me with an Arcane attack power, I gain 2 Temp HP.
-When I complete an extended rest, I gain 1d8 Temp HP.
-When I shift, I gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of my next turn.
-When I reduce a nonminion enemy to 0 hit points, I gain 7 Temp HP.
-When I use an action point I can manafest any element.

Resistances:
8 Fire
8 Thunder
8 Cold
15 Lightning
15 Acid

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The blaster is the only one that seems to have anything of value, mainly the rod embedded in his arm. The others don't have anything other than the lack of clothes on their backs.

The one remaining concious thug looks at Ghorma, then the room, and whimpers.
"I..I c... I don't know what Fuller did, it's not like those other guys but I wasn't really in charge of what my body was doing. I think it was the same for all of his lieutenants save that guy over there." he motions to point at Blaster.

The one drunkforged that was aware enough to hear Fuller's final command is indeed deceased, his armor is brittle, and the wooden parts of him have the consistency and texture of half-burned wood.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

Anodyne turns to Fuller. "You must not know much of anything if you think now's a good time to be a smartass. You can tell us everything, right here, right now, and make things a little easier for yourself. Or Malakhad can just psychically rip out what we need. Or I can give Ghorma a crash course in field repairs and see how many tries it takes for him to extract your memory bank. Either way I wouldn't hold out much hope for remaining silent, or wanting to be kept alive afterwards."

Somebody with social skills do something

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fuller just grins like Anodyne just said exactly what he wanted, but stays silent.

The barkeep clearly overheard Anodyne's threat and comes out front.

"Oh no you don't, you aren't interrogating someone here! This isn't a stockade! This is my bar! Get these idiots out of here or call some watchmen who will before a riot starts outside."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Jerac

Seeing the situation was turning volatile Jerac decided that contained was needed now.

"Indeed, we've idled for far too long now. Malakhad, call in a dispatch unit to bring in the rest of the units who are still living to be questioned. In the meantime we'll bring in Fuller, his blaster friend here and the thugs for interrogation at the Watch command head quarters."

Looking back to the bartender Jerac's tone became softer.

"I deeply apologize for any damage to your establishment. Please contact the Watch Command station and ask for me personally. I'll see to it the damages are repaired at no cost to yourself."

Dragging out the unconscious Warforged, Jerac leads the unit back to HQ.

Lets get this off the streets before another fight breaks out. Hopefully at the Watch we'll have some resources to utilize as part of our investigation. I'd also like to put in an arcane check to see what exactly went on with Fuller's mutterings that caused the self explosion of the Drunken Forged unit.

Arcana: 1d20+16 22

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Enna
Enna notices Fuller's reaction to Anodyne, and quickly makes a mental note of it, sending the relevant information along to Malakhad for later use.

Insight: 1d20+15 26

To the bartender, she hands a small, faintly key from the back of her satchel. "I'll do my colleague one better. Yes, the Watch has a budget for this sort of thing, and no, you're not allowed to talk about it; as a condition of your accepting the funds you absolve the Watch of further liability, financial or legal. Got it? Good." She presses the key into his metal hands and moves back to the rest of the group. To Malakhad, she mentally muses, <We really should get a budget for this sort of thing. I'd think it happens a lot.>

Meanwhile at the House Kundarak accounting offices
"Sir, one of the keys on a flagged account changed hands again."
"Was it one of the Boromar accounts?"
"Well, yes. But--"
"But nothin'. Orders are we let that poo poo go, and Halamar's dirty money spends the same as everybody else's. Take it from me, kid--you wanted a clean job, shoulda been born into Deneith."
"The recipient was a warforged is all. Just thought it was unusual, most of the other Boromar accounts are handled by organics. Should we let them know?"
"Psh. I said we take their money, not aid and abet. Not our problem if they can't keep track of their safe keys. There's only a couple thousand gold in there; some poor-rear end metal man wants it, good for him. Back to work!"

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 13, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The words he was yelling were important, but they were commands in a language that he doesn't recognize, though similar to the chanting and screaming from Twelve and the others. It was more like he turned on something that was already there than invoked any particular spell. There is, however, a lingering enchantment of some kind on the 3 grunts. Weak but definitely something, it probably took weeks for it to get to the strength it's at now.

Fuller's got a very very high opinion of himself, he thinks he's above you all, and the watch. He's also too important to blow up, but everyone else is expendable to his goals. He wants you to incriminate yourselves and make the watch seem like the bad guys so he can come out smelling like a rose.

The Guards will arrive eventually, summoned or not, and salute.

"We came in regards to the disturbance. How can we assist?"

Where do you want to take them, Tavek's is closer, but central has more arcane resources.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The guardsmen round up the thugs and the drunkards and head off to move them to central on their own. Shackled and separated from Fuller they should be well within the rank and file's capacity to handle. Blaster(as is his name now) and Fuller, however, are your responsibility. Between the magic shackles provided, Anodyne's artifice, and Malakhad's psychic prodding, you should have enough time to get them to Central without any real issues.

Other than the fact that to get there in time you'll have to go right through Middle Menthis, and if Sileana Cazal catches wind of who you're transporting and why, she'll definitely want to catch a piece of the action, if not take over entirely.

The Sovereign Host has also thrown together a hasty memorial for those wounded and killed in the bombing attacks. Though they are smart enough not to gather all in one place lest there be a repeat performance, instead they're doing a prayer walk, traveling from the bombing site, to the nearby temples, and then finally ending in the temple district where they'll hold a service. Unfortunately for you they're also in your way, and there's an increased guard presence to keep them safe and out of trouble.

You will need to make your way to Central without letting Fuller or Blaster come to and start drawing attention to themselves. You'll also need to make your way past the prayer group without them catching what's going on or a riot might break out forcing you to divert to the Menthis guard post. If the guards notice you they'll probably waylay you there as well.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
The best option, as far as she's concerned, is to find a skycab and circumvent the prayer group entirely; failing that, there's always the chance of cutting through the temple district before the bulk of the mourners arrive. Either way there's no time to deal with politics with this much on the line. If it comes to that, she does have a plan to deal with Cazal's flunkies without causing a scene, but it relies almost entirely on luck and bald-faced lying.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

Hustling Blaster and Fuller through the streets Jerac mutters to himself finding their way littered with annoying obstacles.

"If we must traverse Middle Menthis we can attempt to take him through Smoky Towers. The theatre district might provide enough of a distraction and can help avoid the mourners."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

Anodyne was more than tempted to just throw Fuller and Blaster to the mob, but processions like these almost always used the same route and were easy enough to avoid.

History: 1d20+16 23

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Skycabs do not enjoy transporting prisoners except with dispensation, which you would, unfortunately need to get from a watchpost.

There's a temple to Dol Dorn right across the street from the Menthis Watchpost, which the promenade will undoubtedly pass by, and there's a temple to Olladra in Smoky Towers, though Smoky towers would probably have a smaller guard presence.

You can roll streetwise to try and find a quick way through the streets to Smoky Towers.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
"Screw it, there's no time for dithering about. We've gotta move, now. I'll scout ahead and clear a route to Smoky Towers; you follow at a reasonable distance."

Enna takes off and attempts to lose herself in the crowd, while looking out for guard presence and relaying appropriate signals to Malakhad. Just in case, she removes all identifying Watch symbols from sight, and conceals her badge beneath her armor.

Streetwise: 1d20+15 31

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The path you found will lead you to Smoky Towers easily. It's a theater district that's rather bustling, with five theaters, 75 restauraunts, and over a hundred stores there's plenty of good reasons for Menthis residents to be here, that said there's also lots of reasons for people not to notice you manhandling two warforged through the sea of people.

You do see a few guards making room for the prayer procession, but far fewer than you would have seen had you stayed in the Warden Towers.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
Growing bolder, Enna moves her own procession quicky and quietly through the sea of people. She detaches herself from the group to serve as lookout, and does a drat fine job of it, in her estimation.

Stealth: 1d20+16 33

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

Moving into the crowd Ghorma keeps his eyes peeled for any guards as he pulls Fuller and the Blaster along with him. Carving a quick path through the busy crowds Ghorma hopes to be well clear of the crowds before they pay him and the duo much mind. Moving behind the loudest packs of people wandering is the best way to keep hidden; peoples eyes will be drawn to them rather than the quiet dragonborn and the rest of the group. Second an opportunity opens up to run into some quiet area of the district, Ghorma'll go for it.

Streetwise: 1d20+16 33

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

It wasn't just a coincidence that Jerac directed the group to the Smoke Towers. It was one of the oldest districts in Sharn and any district with history was bound to have older, hidden alley ways or passages that had been forgotten over time. But Jerac didn't forget, he never forgot. He had lived in Sharn most of his life and had studied her inside and out. While some may spend their time talking with the street performers and peddlers, the primordial spent his hours in the library pouring over old books with detailed maps of the districts.

Remembering back to those days with the dusty tomes tracing ancient alleys and forgotten passages, Jerac recalled a forgotten tunnel that would help them avoid further attention in the Smoke Towers district.

History: 1d20+16 36

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Between the three of you, you are able to find the darkest, most secret, hidden, ancient pathway in Sharn. It would probably not surprise you if you found goblin tracks somewhere around here. You make it to the other side of the district unscathed and unaccosted by other legitimate authority figures, but it took you longer than a straight shot.

As you walk across the bridges into Middle Central, you notice Fuller and Blaster start to come around.

You might be able to make a run for it (endurance checks for all) or use magic/psionics to reinforce their wards (arcana) or any other powers/skills you have that apply.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

"You're not going anywhere."

Arcana: 1d20+16 31

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

The crowded bridge probably wouldn't offer a chance to stay out of sight completely. Malakhad quickly scanned over the other travelers on the bridge, charting out a course that would take them past the people who seemed least likely pay much attention to a group of uniformed Watch officers.

Insight: 1d20+21 34

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

Seeing that Fuller and Blaster were starting to come to, Jerac extended his primal arcane powers to summon the forces of wind to further bind his foes, keeping them restrained by forces unseen or touchable by the Warforged Units.

Arcana: 1d20+16 27

Full discloser, this Australian internet isn't great and I accidently rolled twice. Here's the second roll for full disclosure.

Arcana: 1d20+16 22

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jerac and Anodyne are easily able to tighten the arcane yokes on Fuller and Blaster. And Malakhad actually manages to find some Central Watch watchmen in the crowd to help make sure you can get there without incident at all.

As Fuller and Blaster are quickly put away in their holding cells. Lord Ir'Talan finds you.

"I heard you had news, are these the ones who blew up Firelight?"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna

"Yes, sir. The fancy one is the ringleader; definitely behind the Firelight attack. The specifics are best left to the eggheads, but suffice to say he tried it on one of his own men. Motive appears to be plain old flesh-hating. Only loose end is the methods he used; we'd probably need some time with the eggheads in the Blackened Book's labs before reporting anything." She doesn't want to mention the deadly phrase that causes warforged to self-destruct without knowing exactly how it works.

"I'd keep him in solitary if you can, he's a smooth talker. He could tell some poor rookie he's you polymorphed and this is all a terrible misunderstanding, and possibly sell it."

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 19, 2013

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

"Solitary or not, we can't let them have contact with any other 'Forged. Not until we know exactly how they managed this."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

Not as quick to jump to conclusions as the rest of his allies, Jerac tried a more diplomatic approach.

"We believe they are deeply connected to the incident in the cogs sir. A thorough interrogation is warranted along with a deep arcane analysis of their bodies and any unexplained runes that may be carved into them. Something has modified these units to become walking/talking bombs. We need to know how they're doing it, and why."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

He seems ill at ease with Jerac's admission.

"He's using the warforged as bombs? Who all can he affect? Are our Warforged officers safe?"

He swallows.

"Keep him out of genpop, keep him controlled and contained, the resources of this building are at your disposal."

While you're investigating/interrogating Fuller and Blaster, you get a +4 bonus to any rolls.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

"Well, he couldn't do anything to me, but y'know. I'm just awesome."

"Fuller tried to set another 'Forged off before we could subdue him and Blaster, and the poor bastard just burned out and died. Did the regulars recover his body? Might be worth a look."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

Utilizing the resources available to him in central watch, Jerac took to researching the Warforged. Specifically we reviewed their entire composition from head to foot, trying to find any magical markings, runes, or inscriptions that would explain why they were able to implode.

Arcana: 1d20+16+4 24

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malakhad

Now that the criminals had been safely moved to a secure location, it was time to start asking them questions in earnest. Malakhad had Fuller moved to an interrogation room and began questioning him.

"You're safe here. You don't need to fear reprisal from whoever gave you your orders. But I'm going to need some answers. If you tell us everything you know, we can offer you some leniency as well as relocation for your own protection.

Who do you work for? Are any other suicide bombers currently at large? What means are you using to turn warforged into living bombs? How many individuals know how to do it? For what reasons were the bombing targets chosen?"

Malakhad waits for answers between questions; he's not trying to break Fuller down with rapid-fire demands.

Diplomacy: 1d20+10+4 27

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

While Malakhad takes Fuller brought to a room, Ghorma drags Blaster to another. He's probably just some goon, but he might have a few nuggets of information that can be shaken out of him. Fuller probably will have all the answers, leave that job to those that care though.

Throwing Blaster into a chair Ghorma tugs his cracked leather gloves off and cracks his knuckles.

"You're a nobody blaster. Fuller is the man the watch is interested, you are just along for the ride. Once he talks they have no use for you outside of having the black books pull every gear and screw out of your body to see what makes you tick. Everything you know about Fuller and the bombings; tell me. Make yourself useful and maybe the won't just break you down into little pieces."

Intimidate: 1d20+18 28+4=32

Ovo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 22, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jerac- Which warforged are you examining? The Thugs, drunkards, or the one that almost blew up?

Malakhad

Fuller smiles and relaxes into his seat, he seems quite happy that he's finally in a police station.

At your first question, he smirks
"That's the thing, I don't work for anyone."

"There's at least 3 more of my men out there that haven't buggered off to make a scene of themselves, and lord knows how many others that I didn't fix."

He kicks up his feet onto the table at this question, and adjusts his hat if you let him keep it.
"And there's the trick, I'm not sure. At least one other, because I may have tinkered around in Twelve's simple little head, but I'm not the one who blew him up with a giant neon sign pointing back at me."

Ghorma

Blaster is nervous, that's for sure.

"Look, I don't know where he got those things, or the book. I just hopped on the train at the station that let me not be a fanatical zombie."

He shudders.

"It's not right what he did, but I didn't want to end up a slave, or worse."

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Enna
Rather than observing Fuller's interrogation through the glass, Enna is waiting in the hall outside, relying on Malakhad to relay pertinent information as needed. <Remember, he's looking to blame the Watch for the bombings. We might have a time limit here. Oh, and do be careful if you should go digging in his metal mind, could be some nasty traps waiting to be sprung.>

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Jerac

I'm checking the one that almost blew up.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

Anodyne takes his investigation in a different direction, poring over every Last War account he can find in search of anything similar to what Fuller tried to unleash on the city.

History: 1d20+16 24

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jerac
There appear to be no outward magical markings on the burnt out Warforged, even it's Ghulra is gone. It seems like every single bit of magic energy that was animating this Warforged was converted into combustive energy, stopped shortly before it detonated.

The only thing that seems to be out of place is a melted lump of platinum on it's neck.

Anodyne
Whatever this is that Fuller was using, it didn't come from the Last War. There were experiments with using Warforged as bombs, but most of that was using barely intelligent constructs that were hollowed out and filled with various alchemical compounds.

Meaning this is either something new, or it predates the Last war and the creation of the Warforged itself.

Sorry for the delay, I'm at my parents place for the holidays and my laptop has been re-purposed as 'nephew entertainment device and blu-ray player' for the sake of everyone else.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Anodyne

"Could I take a look at that lump?"

Arcana: 1d20+16 18
No, probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Ghorma

Blaster probably was not lying, he knew nothing. The watch and Cannith will want someone to pin the blame on though. Ghorma gets up and walks back to the doors, let Blaster stew for a while.

"Fine, your on your own then. Unless you have a name or place to tell me, anything Fuller would not want me to know. Watch and Cannith will be paying you an interesting visit otherwise."

Laptop melted down while visiting family, phone posting for now.

• Locked thread