Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Sky Shadowing posted:

You can, I tried it out last night (UPS smiled upon me and bumped my delivery up a day) when I was trying to figure out options to get it to run on my monitor. It's a setting in the PS4 menu, you can change 'Headset Audio' from 'Chat Only' to 'All Audio'.

I'm still undecided on PS4 vs. Xbone, but this may sway the decision for me. Does the Xbone controller have this functionality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Interstellar Owl posted:

So... anyone who knows where you can get one where it's NOT sold out? :P
Coworker just picked one up at Costco at noon and they had 40+ more to sell.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm only three hours into AssFlag, but it is so much better than AssCreed3 in every way. So pretty on PS4. Can't wait to go out to a friend's apartment and play it on Vita. The future is here.
Yeah, I'd like to see field reports of playing out and about on a Vita via Internet streaming from home.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Can anyone confirm if the Turtle Beach PX4 headset works completely via Bluetooth (no wire to controller)?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I downloaded the firmware update and now it's even "preparing to install" for a few minutes. Is that normal?

Edit: Nevermind. I tried to do something that required me to log in and it had me start the installation.

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 15, 2013

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Can anyone confirm if the Turtle Beach PX4 headset works completely via Bluetooth (no wire to controller)?

Vallens was playing with it earlier on his stream, and he has to plug it in to get the mic to work.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm very seriously thinking about just buying a PS4 at target providing they have stock, when I go in to exchange fifa for something else. drat you ups I'm tired of waiting. It'd be cool if I could flip one for a profit but it seems unlikely, which honestly pretty drat cool. I suppose I could just be patient..

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, I'd like to see field reports of playing out and about on a Vita via Internet streaming from home.

Definitely gonna do this.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Please come soon Mr. UPS man. Please :(

eames
May 9, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

As an audio-engineer I'll deliver some feedback on this, on the 29th.

Looking forward to this, thanks.

I suspect/hope they use something like CSR aptX low latency since Sony has used it in their products before.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Picked up mine from the UPS center mid-morning. Lady asked me if I was one of those 'PS4 people' haha. Seems they had a few people holding them.

Initial impressions: actually smaller than I even thought it was going to be. Controller is very nice from someone coming from an entirely Xbox background, although the sticks could be a little stiffer maybe. Took me a minute to find the on button :downs:

Setup went ok, I had the update on USB, but I just let it update over wifi, took a couple of tries but it got there.

Logging into PSN was a pain in the butt, I confused lowercase I and 1 in my password and took me a bunch of tries to figure that out. Activated the 30 day code no problems and got Resogun and Contrast downloading, also installed Netflix and Amazon instant video. The video apps took a few seconds, Resogun took maybe 10 minutes to download? Not bad on launch day.

Only had time in my lunch break to install Lego Marvel and take a quick look. Looks nicer than the 360 version surprisingly, there's some depth of field going on that wasn't there on the 360, and the figures themselves look more plastic-y, like real Lego, and are better lit. In game actually looks better than the pre-rendered cut scenes which look the same as 360.

Installing that was a breeze, stuck the disc in and it automatically starts installing, indicated it was ready in less than a minute. Left it to go and seemed to take about five or six minutes to be fully installed. When you view the details in the dashboard it plays the old Marvel true believers song :)

Also I enabled HDMI CEC control on the PS4 and my new Yamaha receiver. After that I was able to navigate around in the dash using my Harmony remote, so very pleased with that. Was a little annoyed when I found out there was no basic IR support, but it seems this will do just fine.

StyleFresh
Jan 12, 2004

Mine was delayed in shipment in Sparks, NV. They routed it to Reno, NV instead of Sacramento, CA because apparently (and in the words of a UPS rep) my apartment number, 201, confused them.

Party-lined with UPS and Amazon support for a while. UPS claims they can't do a Saturday delivery for it and Amazon checked to see if they could do an overnight replacement for Saturday delivery but can't because they are out of stock.

Guess I took Friday-Sunday off for nothing. I also won't be home on Monday because I'll be either working or in class from 9-6 everyday and UPS is notorious for "attempting delivery" at the front porch of our apartment building and making me rent a zipcar to pick it up across town. I'd get X Rebirth but I spent way too much money on this poo poo. She offered to refund it instantly and return the shipment but it would still take until next week to receive the funds and I don't have a spare $430 lying around.

StyleFresh fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 15, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm only three hours into AssFlag, but it is so much better than AssCreed3 in every way. So pretty on PS4. Can't wait to go out to a friend's apartment and play it on Vita. The future is here.

It's not going to work very well remotely, but good luck anyway.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Well hello there gorgeous...

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Haven't really streamed before, and working on seeing if my upload is high enough. Going to be playing some Killzone though, so let me know if its too laggy or something!

http://www.twitch.tv/crayonthief

Monkey Knife Fight
Sep 1, 2008

Future #1 Forums Superstar
What the gently caress BF4 multiplayer is acting very weird. Since midnight last night I can't connect to any servers using quick play, and when I browse servers every single server on the list is empty. I've got BF4 premium and the new level downloaded and installed. This problem persists along with random crashes back to the home screen. Anyone else running into this issue?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Varsity posted:

Haven't really streamed before, and working on seeing if my upload is high enough. Going to be playing some Killzone though, so let me know if its too laggy or something!

http://www.twitch.tv/crayonthief

And boom goes the dynamite.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
Welp, its 2:30, ive lost all hope. Last update was 06:49am MISSISSAUGA In transit still with an Expected delivery of 2013/11/15. Being its 2 hours away and still has to be sorted and put on a truck today is a no go. Guess ill have to wait till Monday.

Thanks Canada Post.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

GiantBomb are streaming, currently exploring the UI.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
So I logged into my twitch channel and now the ps4 is unresponsive. I still have the menu music and background animations, but I can't actually do anything. Should I just pull the power cable?

I forgot to hit the PS button. :downs:

EC fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 15, 2013

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So how does the "extra" download data get handled on top of the "minimum playable" install? Like, if I download Killzone, it says it's 7.5 gigs and lists as "complete" when that finishes but there's another 30+ gigs to download, do you have to launch it so it starts doing the rest? Does it happen invisibly in the background?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Fraser CDN posted:

Welp, its 2:30, ive lost all hope. Last update was 06:49am MISSISSAUGA In transit still with an Expected delivery of 2013/11/15. Being its 2 hours away and still has to be sorted and put on a truck today is a no go. Guess ill have to wait till Monday.

Thanks Canada Post.

Well, a lot of people are getting PS4s today and delivery guys occasionally forget to scan boxes... this day could still turn out well for you.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Robawesome posted:

That's how it's supposed to look, right?

I don't think this part is supposed to be sticking up. I've never seen an HDMI port with that protrusion and that is totally going to hit the lip of the cable end before it seats fully flush.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

StyleFresh posted:

Mine was delayed in shipment in Sparks, NV. They routed it to Reno, NV instead of Sacramento, CA because apparently (and in the words of a UPS rep) my apartment number, 201, confused them.

Party-lined with UPS and Amazon support for a while. UPS claims they can't do a Saturday delivery for it and Amazon checked to see if they could do an overnight replacement for Saturday delivery but can't because they are out of stock.

Guess I took Friday-Sunday off for nothing. I also won't be home on Monday because I'll be either working or in class from 9-6 everyday and UPS is notorious for "attempting delivery" at the front porch of our apartment building and making me rent a zipcar to pick it up across town. I'd get X Rebirth but I spent way too much money on this poo poo. She offered to refund it instantly and return the shipment but it would still take until next week to receive the funds and I don't have a spare $430 lying around.

I'm in Sac as well, but mine is on it's way from Oakland. Usually my stuff comes from Sparks too. Sorry :(

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

NESguerilla posted:

Is there a reason I have to make a new EA origin account and it won't let me just log into my existing one? I see absolutely no prompt to log into an existing account in BF4.

Same here. If you open up Origin and go to your friends list, you should see an option to "find friends". This will let you link a PSN account to your Origin account. Apparently mine is already linked, so their outsourced CS people are dealing with it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I tried signing up for that UPS website thing to see if I could get a more accurate delivery estimate and it says my place is a commercial address and that I should contact them if I believe that to be inaccurate.

I don't have to think that's inaccurate, you idiots, I live here. You're the wrong ones. :argh:

Called my apartment's office and they were completely unhelpful as to when UPS delivered stuff and whether or not they would drop packages at the office or at the door. Today is "poo poo MAN I DUNNO" Day, I guess. This "End of Day" business is what worries me, my gate will lock itself before UPS gets done delivering for the day. :sigh:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Philip J Fry posted:

I don't think this part is supposed to be sticking up. I've never seen an HDMI port with that protrusion and that is totally going to hit the lip of the cable end before it seats fully flush.

I looked at a bunch of different devices with hdmi and none of them had that little knob thing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey guys, are you ready for more reveals?! Well Spike TV's Video Game Awards thing is coming December 7th and will have some world exclusives. They'll probably never top the Metal Gear Rising reveal but hey aim for the stars, kids.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
Remote Play (local network) works wonderfully. Little bit lower framerate and definitely kind of compression-y, but it's nearly lag-free. One caveat, and this doesn't apply to most people, but if you're trying to do game sharing with a buddy the internet remote play won't work as it needs to be tied to your primary console. My friend and I have each others' consoles set as primary, so I can't remote play away from home unless I want to take over the console he's using.

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.

Fraser CDN posted:

Thanks Canada Post.

Maybe it's just a scanning error & it'll arrive before you know it.

Keep the faith.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys, are you ready for more reveals?! Well Spike TV's Video Game Awards thing is coming December 7th and will have some world exclusives. They'll probably never top the Metal Gear Rising reveal but hey aim for the stars, kids.

Big reveal of Madden 14.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Monkey Knife Fight posted:

What the gently caress BF4 multiplayer is acting very weird. Since midnight last night I can't connect to any servers using quick play, and when I browse servers every single server on the list is empty. I've got BF4 premium and the new level downloaded and installed. This problem persists along with random crashes back to the home screen. Anyone else running into this issue?

Mines doing the same thing, but no premium and I haven't been able to play at all

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
Picked up my reserve from GameStop on my lunch break. Felt kinda bad when an obviously frustrated mom walked in with her kid in two and asked if they still had any for sale.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm going to be steaming some Killzone here in a minute, its my first time ever streaming so bare with me. Also I'm really bad at this game.

http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

E: how do I fullscreen the game?

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 15, 2013

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Policenaut posted:

After the total non-starter of the Spike thing last night, I'll pass.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Mines doing the same thing, but no premium and I haven't been able to play at all

The server browser is stupid. Change your search preferences to look for any server with 1-15 open slots and watch as magically the list is populated. Also, nobody seems to be playing conquest for some reason.

Seriously though :dice: made a great game then totally hosed it up with technical issues.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Lucid Delusion posted:

Picked up my reserve from GameStop on my lunch break. Felt kinda bad when an obviously frustrated mom walked in with her kid in two and asked if they still had any for sale.

I decided 3 days ago I was gonna buy one despite it not having any games at launch I wanted. Mostly because my Boxxie died and if I was going to pay 200ish dollars for a media player might as well drop another 200 and get one that plays games. I feel kinda guilty about getting one this morning without a preorder knowing I am only going to be using it to play COD with folks back home on occasion and to watch movies until oddworld and eldar scrolls online come out.

Still first ever day one console purchase. Just wish I could log on to the multiplayer aspects of ghost and start killing other people.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Launch day is single player day.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

After the total non-starter of the Spike thing last night, I'll pass.

Just check your videogame website of choice the next morning and all the trailers will be easily accessible and ready to watch. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Has anyone else had their UI jump randomly to "whats new" or the last game they played on the hotbar? When I was scrolling through things on the hotbar/ settings etc. last night It'd occasionally do this to me, as if I had pressed the PS button when I hadn't.

• Locked thread