Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bubba Smith posted:

I can't access the multiplayer at all in BF4 right now. All it tells me is "You must be signed in to Playstation Network and EA servers to access online features." I'm assuming the servers are completely hosed at the moment.

This message displayed for me when I was still updating the patch for BF4. It took me awhile to figure out the playstation was automatically updating games in the background without even prompting me with a message like the PS3 did. I can play TDM fine right now in BF4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Philip J Fry posted:

I don't think this part is supposed to be sticking up. I've never seen an HDMI port with that protrusion and that is totally going to hit the lip of the cable end before it seats fully flush.

Just got mine, it looks like this, the HDMI cable went in just fine. That little loop thing is at the back of the port. Downloaded the update in about a minute, installing now. Everything looks okay?

The DS4 that came with the console doesn't have the sticky R1 button that the DS4 I bought a week or so ago does, so that's nice. Boy howdy does the headset suck, though. Gonna have to grab an extension cable for my USB set.

Glad I took off work today. UPS guy set the console down at my doorstep, knocked twice and vamped out. Woulda sat there for three hours if I was at work.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Currently have 4 friends streams going from the same BF4 match on my screen. I am officially MW2 Overlord.

Ps4 is awesome.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gibbed posted:

If it plugs into the standard 3.5mm jack, yes.

Bombadilillo posted:

A goon yesterday said his apple buds were fully functional. Cant confirm personally.

Thanks, it's really the mic on the cheapish set of Skullcandy earbuds I have that I'm wondering about. I'm already psyched about having a headphone jack in the controller, but the ability to also have voicechat at the same time and not have to buy a new headset would be amazing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

macnbc posted:

So here's a random question:

What do the colors on the console's top LED represent?

Mine appears white during normal operation so I assume that's it's default, and it turns yellow while on standby. What does blue mean then?

(Ialso know from the earlier reports that red means overheating. Are there other colors?

Blue apparently means "booting".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the Download List not in the store anymore, or is this just because of the server load?

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Javes posted:

I have this PS3 headset and it won't work post-patch. When I plug in the USB the system says 'this device is not supported'. I thought I read somewhere that USB headsets would work after the patch?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053OLY9O/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sony's said that they're working to get that and the Pulse Elites functioning for PS4 in a future system update. I believe headsets that work via a physical USB are supposed to work with the 1.50 update.

Ktan
Apr 15, 2012

Careful.
We don't want to learn from this.
Managed to grab the last PS4 from a desolate KMart this morning. Yay.

Does anyone know if Sony plans to make purchases made with PSN accounts on the PS3 available for the PS4? For instance, it would be nice to play some of the indie games I bought over the years on the PSN on the PS4.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Is the Download List not in the store anymore, or is this just because of the server load?

Download list is now under notifications. Took me awhile to figure that out too!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Download list is now under notifications. Took me awhile to figure that out too!

I meant more like a purchase history. Like even on the Vita you can see your full list.

Ancillary Drone
Nov 30, 2004

fast hackem
Does the PS4 already have a Photo Gallery app? I got serious mileage out of that with the PS3 and am very much looking forward to something even better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ktan posted:

Does anyone know if Sony plans to make purchases made with PSN accounts on the PS3 available for the PS4? For instance, it would be nice to play some of the indie games I bought over the years on the PSN on the PS4.

Not unless they re-release them on PS4, no.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
How's wireless performance? Is it poo poo like on the PS3?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ktan posted:

Dude, bad news bears, those games dont even work on PS4 anymore so nope.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AC4 has unlockable cheats. Interesting. I figured last gen's achievements killed them for good. I hope other games include them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ktan posted:

Depends on the game. Some will give you a ported version for free (Flower), some will charge you a small fee well below retail price (some disc games), and some will not do either of these and just not work. The PS4 is not natively backwards compatible with PS3 software.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

I can't access the multiplayer at all in BF4 right now. All it tells me is "You must be signed in to Playstation Network and EA servers to access online features." I'm assuming the servers are completely hosed at the moment.

They pretty much are. Even when I was logged into PSN, I still couldn't connect to the EA servers to play Madden.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Just got done streaming some Killzone, the multiplayer is fun and runs really smooth. I hope the streaming was ok for the few people watching.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Detective No. 27 posted:

AC4 has unlockable cheats. Interesting. I figured last gen's achievements killed them for good. I hope other games include them.

GTAV has some cheats but they are a pain in the arse because R* thought it would go all retro and you have to manually enter them each time (GTAIV & RDR gave you a cheat menu IIRC). Also the god mode cheat lasts only 5 minutes before you have to enter it again :wtc:

But yeah I miss having cheats in games, I don't really care about achievements that much but it's nice to be able to gently caress around in a game once you're done with the story, etc.

BrumDart
Oct 16, 2010

Fraser CDN posted:

Welp, its 2:30, ive lost all hope. Last update was 06:49am MISSISSAUGA In transit still with an Expected delivery of 2013/11/15. Being its 2 hours away and still has to be sorted and put on a truck today is a no go. Guess ill have to wait till Monday.

Thanks Canada Post.

Canada Post tried to deliver another package to my house at 8:00pm earlier this week which totally surprised me. I had no idea they delivered that late. My expected delivery was Monday, but at 12:30 today it updated to "out for delivery."

Stay positive.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Apparently my system auto-downloaded the 1.5 patch as I set up. That's cool, but it's been sitting on "Preparing to install" for several minutes while now. Does this typically take a while, or should I take some kind of action?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Looks like EA is throwing Sony's 1.5 update up there as the main culprit for the BF4 issues people are seeing.
(Though, I agree that it's a :dice: game and well...they are generally pretty bad on day1)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=Buffer

Copy/Paste for those who don't wanna give GI more money :
“This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen,” EA writes. “Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.”

Are people seeing these issues with the other PS4 launch titles? I haven't had a chance to hook my PS4 up yet.

I guess launch issues are par for the course, and BF4 was designed with firmware 1.0 in mind, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if it looks like Sony badly wanted to get 1.5 out and didn't fully QA it.

Thanks for beta testing, USA :)

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
After nearly 3 hours I got through to service. The girl said they had been having quite a few issues, take that for what it's worth. In my case, I get to wait 3-5 days for a box and then another week for a new system. I guess I'll be getting it around Thanksgiving when I'm out of town. That's more in line with my luck.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anybody else crash a few times, and now got no picture? What the gently caress?! I am so heartbroken right now!!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Really surprised how quick and smooth setup was for me. I did lose connection once when setting up my PSN account but other than that nothing really to complain about. Been playing some AC4 and it looks awesome.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Now I can't decide if I should wait for a patch or switch to KZ or AC4. I've got two more days before I lose the option

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

MZ posted:

GTAV has some cheats but they are a pain in the arse because R* thought it would go all retro and you have to manually enter them each time (GTAIV & RDR gave you a cheat menu IIRC). Also the god mode cheat lasts only 5 minutes before you have to enter it again :wtc:

But yeah I miss having cheats in games, I don't really care about achievements that much but it's nice to be able to gently caress around in a game once you're done with the story, etc.

I don't think achievements have nothing to do with the decline in cheats, it would be trivial to add a check that blocks trophies unlocking if a cheat is activated. I think as games have got more complicated being able to cheat can potentially allow you to gently caress up scripting in games or otherwise lead you into an unwinnable state.

Apparently the fast movement cheat in Uncharted 2 could let you get to places before they've loaded, for example. I do wish a few more games would take the extra time to add in a few cheats, like you say they're fun to mess around with.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Are PS+ accounts the same as Xbox live gold accounts now? (If you have one gold account on the xbone, all profiles get the benefits)

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Gunder posted:

Are PS+ accounts the same as Xbox live gold accounts now? (If you have one gold account on the xbone, all profiles get the benefits)
On PS4, yes.

Jaxpunk
May 1, 2003
You'll never understand, don't try.

MZ posted:

I guess launch issues are par for the course, and BF4 was designed with firmware 1.0 in mind, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if it looks like Sony badly wanted to get 1.5 out and didn't fully QA it.

Thanks for beta testing, USA :)

Ya it has nothing to do with BF crashing on literally every other console and pc. It's totally a firmware issue :shrug:

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Syfe posted:

I can't wait for things like Transistor and Octodad to come out, I'm also somewhat wondering if there will be an "upgrade to the PS4 edition" for Diablo III, because as underwhelming as that was I'd like to have more PS4 games.

Seconding this. Octodad looks like it's going to be a total blast to play. I love quirky games like that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Looks like EA is throwing Sony's 1.5 update up there as the main culprit for the BF4 issues people are seeing.
(Though, I agree that it's a :dice: game and well...they are generally pretty bad on day1)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=Buffer

Copy/Paste for those who don't wanna give GI more money :
“This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen,” EA writes. “Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.”

EA's blog has deleted the post making that claim.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

TotalHell posted:

Apparently my system auto-downloaded the 1.5 patch as I set up. That's cool, but it's been sitting on "Preparing to install" for several minutes while now. Does this typically take a while, or should I take some kind of action?

This problem got solved, just had to go through the actual System Update location (where it redownloaded the patch, but whatevs).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Aaaaa my PS4 was delivered and I'm installing everything.

everything.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone managed to bypass their issues? I'm at the point where the capacitive button turns it on once but then I can't do safe mode, I can't really turn it off without the power cord.

:(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

macnbc posted:

So here's a random question:

What do the colors on the console's top LED represent?

Mine appears white during normal operation so I assume that's it's default, and it turns yellow while on standby. What does blue mean then?

(I also know from the earlier reports that red means overheating. Are there other colors?

BLUE: The system is powering on.

WHITE: The system is on and connected to a TV.

ORANGE: The system is in standby mode.

RED: The system is overheating.

NO COLOR: The system is powered off. Your controller will not charge.

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Really like that the streaming is generally working, its interesting to see how the PS4 will grow over the months and years ahead. Before I commit (Got a backlog the size of Olympus to deal with first) I've been reading on GAF (Argh my eyes, etc) that a lot of people are having hardware problems (White Light Of Death) and poo poo like that. Anyone having similar issues? I know some of my friends will be getting PS4s and I don't want to see them dissapointed with hardware failures.

Oh, and more Uncharted is a hell yeah for me. Didn't like how it got hyped up to high heaven though, but it got them ratings.

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!

davecrazy posted:

Can't find an eye in stock anywhere.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261432

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
What does the little spinning circle on the Battlefield 4 icon mean. Is it still installing? I've been playing it just fine, but that circle is still going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

JT Jag posted:

Aaaaa my PS4 was delivered and I'm installing everything.

everything.
It seems like a lot of the failures reported were during installing DCUO and/or Warframe so maybe skip those

• Locked thread