Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
to gain necraloid rep does one not have to run iso-vaults? hence my complaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
You can also run Arcana Bounties, which take place inside of Isolation Vaults but are different from the Isolation Vault missions.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

gnoma posted:

You can also run Arcana Bounties, which take place inside of Isolation Vaults but are different from the Isolation Vault missions.

If the issue is that isovaults are kinda slow, arcana bounties are not going to help that at all, lol.

If the issue is dealing with necramechs, well, that's a solvable problem and one you're going to have to confront sooner or later anyway.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I mean if you want the mods fast then you don't even have to run the missions. Just ask in goon discord and ppl will trade the mods for cheap, likely for ammo drums. They aren't worth a lot.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Will you post the build you're using?
I have Excal Prime so I feel compelled to make it viable.

I use a Tau Blue (to hit 502 energy with Primed Flow) so that I can use 4 Tau Purple and get all the doubled Melee Crit Damage Bonus.

It's not really possible to run out of energy with this efficiency and Energy Nexus. I subsumed Hideous Resistance because it doesn't need duration and it'll soak up incidental DOT status which are your main threat (Slash, Heat etc). If you want another layer of Status Immunity, you can summon then unsummon your Archgun for 2000 Overguard.

The Magistar outclasses Cermamic Dagger until they patch Magus Aggress, but Magus Aggress has been untouched since it came out for Duviri. Maxed they only cost like 48p. You do a melee swing as Operator which puts you back into Excalibur with a +300 Crit Damage boost that never runs out because Slash Dash isn't a melee swing. The Wiki claims that Buzz Kill and other slash mods directly multiply the damage from Slash Dash because it's pure slash. So I balanced the mods to be roughly the biggest numbers than can multiply off the other numbers.

The main point of Magistar Incarnon is it changes Slash Dash crit multi from 2x to 3x base, and you're getting like +656% crit damage from Gladiator Might, Magus Aggress, and 4 Tau Purple (which is 22.68x crit damage + 1.2 from Tenacious Bond for 23.88)

Ghost will put you invisible until you kill all the enemies within 25m. There is a cooldown before it'll recast even if you are back in range, which I *think* Manifold Bond will lower. You could alternatively use Huras Kubrow for Stealth and stack Mecha mods to try to spread the Slash procs.

Nothing without Attenuation can survive a tap from Slash Dash when you're at 12x with Aggress up, because even if a hit displays less than a million damage, it just means the armor lowered the physical slash hit, but the slash proc was still over a million post-crit base damage and that's what they'll take from a tic to health. If you switch out Fleeting with Streamline (to get back some duration) you can sneak Furious Javelin into the build for like a 6x final damage multiplier when you hit a crowd with it, but that's way overkill and casting leaves you vulnerable.

The MOST important thing in this build is that you put some kind of rapid fire on 1. Not only for the sake of RSI, but because the frames you're not in a Slash Dash are the only frames you can die during. So spamming 60 times a second makes you way more survivable than 5 times a second. Miter with Neutralizing Justice and some multishot is a good idea for primary to deal with nullifiers.

Anyway, the build is a great "minimum wage Kullervo" because you can do a fraction of all the stuff I did and still be invincible and one-shotting everything. A new player could get it working with Fleeting Expertise + Energy Nexus and that would take them through the SP starchart I think.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 25, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Finally, the long awaited sequel to Rubedo Rhino

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
And we mustn't forget extremely Blue Vauban

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I would use Phased Vauban Prime.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

The MOST important thing in this build is that you put some kind of rapid fire on 1. Not only for the sake of RSI, but because the frames you're not in a Slash Dash are the only frames you can die during. So spamming 60 times a second makes you way more survivable than 5 times a second.

God I need to put you on ignore or something, you'll say something interesting or exciting then get to this way down in the post which like 90% of players aren't going to be able or want to do

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Player % probably inaccurate

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

hazardousmouse posted:

God I need to put you on ignore or something, you'll say something interesting or exciting then get to this way down in the post which like 90% of players aren't going to be able or want to do

Sheesh what a whiner. If you need it no macro:

On mouse/kb, bind Ability 1 to Mouse Wheel Up and Mouse Wheel Down as your two binds and spin the wheel really fast.

If you play on a gamepad, rapid fire is built into Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPTVcNnifAA

Or again, I've posted the post from DE that says anti-RSI macros are fine, I've posted the autohotkey scripts to do it. So you got 3 different options that are all easy.

DE responding to one of the most popular streamers to say Literally what I'm suggesting is fine:

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 25, 2024

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Console jockey

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zero, have you ever considered that you may be suffering from Void Exposure? It's more likely than you might think! Long monologs seem to be a symptom.

Joking aside, I find your advice helpful and informative, but I wouldn't ever take it as far as you do: that looks like no fun at all for me (also I'm a controller player.)

I'm honestly glad that this game has space for both your ultra-optimized playstyle and my "Ghoulsaw go bzzzzzt" playstyle. I think it's a testament to DE and the community they've fostered.

I actually unveiled a Ghoulsaw riven the other day, I'm taking that as a sign from the Void to keep using it (when appropriate.)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
But what did the Ghoul see, that's what I wanna know

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I also appreciate zeros indebt probing of various builds and synergies and will never go anywhere near as far as they do wrt macros ect because effort

If you have a free spinning mouse wheel then binding things to mouse wheel is a good bit of lazy advice though. I did it with melee before you could just hold it, if you ever need to rapid tap anything it works very well. The only thing you need to do is remember to either hold your mouse wheel still or lock it out of free spin when you don't want to be interrupted by whatever you have it bound to. Super simple one time trick that doesn't require any macros or extra programs.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Honestly zero reminds me of an old friend whose main goal in any game was to break it over his knee in the weirdest ways he could possibly imagine. Made for really strange watching as he would try to slam tanks into the ground as hard as he could manage or jam himself in corners.

Zero does the same and I can hear the code screaming as they jam more actions per minute than a thousand people playing the frame at once could manage.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kesper North posted:

"Clem."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kesper North posted:

You won't know unless you ask one, but what are the odds you'll ever see one again?