Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Loving what I'm reading here gonna go get some cast iron gear ASAP, quick question my job offers me very easy access to moderately large surface grinders and any sort of hand finishing gear (scrapers, laps, linnishers etc). So would it be worth licking the bottom of any purchase back till there is a bear wittiness of the old surface finish or just let it wear in as it pleases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Okay cool thanks guys, I'll do one just to see I can take pic's if you like. If the finish doesn't need to be really fine then coolio.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
okay so I was hunting around and found some deals online.
Lodge stuff
Size :Price
9cm(4") :$9
20cm(8") :$23
26cm(10") :$36
30cm(12") :$48

Then I found a set consisting of "Classica Cast Iron 22cm Fry Pan & 3.5L Saucepan" these are enameled white inside and a variety of colours outside both for $60. None of these have lids. What I'm asking, I suppose, is what do I do?

Edit: Sorry Door Door Door I should have mentioned I'm down under. So all prices are AUD$ and Amazon don't ship a lot of stuff here (and that is one of them)

Tasmantor fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 5, 2013

• Locked thread