Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
When I played this game it was super grindy, like if you weren't botting or playing at least 10 hours a day you weren't seeing new cards past the initial surge, ever.

Also not being able to use the same card in multiple decks. gently caress that noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

So does this game have the option to use 1 card in more then 1 deck yet? I said around 2 years ago (even sent them an e-mail but I'm sure it never got read) that I wouldn't play the game again until they added that feature, but when they did, I would spend money on the game. How are they faring on this front?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

So, I started playing this again because they fixed one of my big beefs with the game (not being able to use one card in multiple decks), however, I started playing it like a million years ago (before there was even a thread here on SA I believe) and last time I played I think there were only 2 or so sets out, and now there's like 5, I have *NO* idea what to buy.

My main deck is an Ariana based undead deck, so killing poo poo with counters or whatever is what that one does, and I enjoy it, but if it's way behind the power curve now a days I'm open to possibly building something else (although most of my cards when I was playing went into it so I'd be starting from almost scratch).

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Promoted Pawn posted:

Ariana is one of those decks that can beat scrubs up all day long, but you're going to struggle against real decks once you pierce the 1000 ELO barrier.

If you're starting from scratch, look for the World Champion deck in the store. That will get you most of the way to a competitive Kelthor deck. Note that a lot of people have been following the same plan, and a properly built Kelthor is one of the best decks in the game, so it's the deck the rest of the meta is revolving around right now.

Well, I really like the control playstyle of Ariana, is there a modern day competitive deck with that kind of playstyle? I've already fought against 2 Kelthor decks, both of them just played creatures that were like 3 or 4 power for a 4/4/7 on turn 3 and just destroyed me because I can't keep up with that kind of aggro with the cards I have.

Also, I read a thing that said I should just buy booster packs of each set until i have 200 cards of that set to unlock the altar of wishes for them, is this a thing I should do(I don't recall that even being in the game last I played)?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

So I'm trying my first Swiss tournament, first match I was controlling the board decently well then the opponent played some Cyclops with 4 attack and double attack, then used some spell on it that apparently gave it quick attack and let it attack twice, so it hit me for 16 damage in one round, instantly killing me!

Apparently I'm not really for Swiss yet.

Edit: Then I win every other game but only come in 4th, bah, no rewards.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 7, 2014

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

So I just started playing this game again, but this is basically a straight buff to my Arianna deck right? All the poo poo I loving hate playing against like Kelthor and prison will be gone but I get to keep my atropos, spitters(when I actually get any, I don't have yet but I'm actually getting close to just getting them through the stupid wishes thing), and banshees?

Edit: Looks like Plague Skeleton is gone though for some odd reason? Oh well at least I keep my Moonsilks.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 8, 2014

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

THE PWNER posted:

I don't get this base set two stuff and the format split. What's the point, is this just a sneaky way to relegate overpowered cards to a joke format like vintage or something?

Pretty much, although it sounds like you can still play the vintage format in swiss/jackpot on certain days or some such nonsense.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Might be because my deck is bad but I'm having a really hard time beating the Ariana in campaign mode with my own Ariana deck, any tips on winning that with Necro using cards that aren't super rare that I might actually have (I also have Siera and the undead necromancer hero with fire magic who's name I forget if they would work better for getting a Necro win against it).

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Plus if you play through the new campaign you get a ton of cards and money, and most of it is pretty easy except for the very last one has a few pretty tough fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I play necro so I'm part of the problem. To be fair I played it when it wasn't considered to be any good as well, so there's that.

Also, the daily/weekly rewards are complete garbage now, before they were good enough that I'd try to log in every day just to get them, now I just don't give any fucks, because seriously why would you.

• Locked thread