Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Started as Necro. Go through the tutorial. Start playing duels. Rack up 10 wins and the highest win streak cheevo in my first 10 games.

People are so bad at moving their creatures around. They just leave them to die when they could have moved it and forced a response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Oh god, the combination of Despair and Geyser is hilarious. hosed if you do, hosed if you don't.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

I like removal.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I just hit 500 ELO with my necro deck, a few games before hitting level 6. I've lost one(1) games so far. And I'm not very good. I keep making obvious play errors and still winning. The amount of damage I've missed out on is pretty absurd.

Also, the sheer number of lovely cards people will play is insane. Such as the various fogs for only a single row. So terrible, yet I've ssen 4 necro decks running them. Decks which do not start with them :negative:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Oh yeah, on as CynicJester by the by.

Have they said anything about improving the servers?

Also, from earlier in the thread:

thylacine posted:

Meh, they are useful for defense. Someone dropped some pod that gives a 2 poison counter if a melee attacks, that sucks. Then again, they also kept dropping something that kept me from targetting their creatures in the row, not attacking them—lols.

Then somehow I lost a match with 8 hp left, which was frustrating because I was starting to gain the upper hand.

The problem with using purely defensive cards is that they won't win you the game, and creatures also do defense. Even if the creature dies in a turn, that's still the same effect you'd get from one of the single row/line fogs.

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 18, 2013

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Toshimo posted:

I deliberately did not try and push to 4 Magic because it significantly slows down the Might curve.

You're not going very high on the might curve and you're not playing any fortunes. Going up to 4 magic is so worth it. The only 5 you play is Atropos and he doesn't usually land at 5 resources in any case.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Man, I made a Sandalphon weenie deck with the usual mass removal. poo poo is pretty much cheating. After playing Necro, the sheer speed at which I poo poo out my hand is absurd as Haven. And thanks to Tithe collector, going first feels like less of a waste. And going second with double tithe collector into Crusader is hilarious. People keep quitting after two turns.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

I still can't get past Fleshbane in the campaign. I've tried necro and inferno starter decks but I don't have many cards to tweak them. Considering picking up a box of the base set, would that be a terrible idea?

I have 1375 seals if that gives you an indicator of what I could buy.

Save for the Champion box. Just play more games and level up a few times. The campaign is not worth losing out on the value you'd get from the Champion box. There's only 6 more missions after the one you're on, which is like 150 seals I believe.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Nion posted:

Reached 1000 elo today. :)

Now if I could only face a non-Ishuma deck at some point. Thus far it seems like everyone over 1000 elo is playing Ishuma.

The only way I beat Ishuma decks is if I get lucky and manage to fill the front row completely before they can start moving my dudes around.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
"Must be son of a prostitute"

That poo poo hurts bro

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Confirmed, just got 38 wildcards after cracking 102 small packs.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Ugh, client crashes just as the second round of a swiss starts, instant loss when I log back in 20 seconds later. Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Kaedric posted:

I love seeing people play dark assassins because I know that they're pinning their hopes and dreams on it. Then you just put an elephant in front of it and they get depressed.

Sandy. Drop two. Aww yeah.

• Locked thread