Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I've been a long time player of magic, since the early 90s and gave it up for a good long time. I switched to pokemon and then to the VS system. I've been playing Solforge recently and enjoying that. So far, I'm enjoying Might and Magic too. You get a lot of stuff for playing the game and the daily rewards are good so far. I like it a bit more than Hearthstone right now actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm overwhelmed by the deck builder and this wish altar thing. I'm still playing the tutorial and it is throwing a lot of gold/exp/scripts at me for just learning the game. I got a premium pack, but no idea what is good or not yet. Hopefully once I get through the tutorials it will all make a little more sense. Any chance they have any tutorials on deck building? Making a deck with some help about what does or doesn't work and how to manage your cards would be cool.

Right now, my only problem when playing is it seems the AI gets to do a LOT of stuff. Like some turns they drop like 3-4 monsters while I only have enough to drop one. I guess they are doing things to increase their resources or sometimes they just start with extra monsters because of the mission.

What is the cost for taking a mulligan?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I like the campaign mode in this, feels good to have a silly Shalindor type quest between missions. Digging this game a lot, still playing SolForge, not sure I'm getting into Hearthstone yet. I also love how much free stuff you get in Might & Magic.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Dahbadu posted:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I played SolForge and enjoyed enough to sink at least 100 hours into it. Then randomly I found out about this game several days ago and tried it. In terms of the mechanics and design, it's pretty much what I've been looking for in a CCG. I actually just received my Hex invite today, but I don't think that game will get much play from me.

I'm honestly surprised MMDoC hasn't had a bigger SA following since its release.

I'm working on that. I'm in talks with Ubisoft about doing some contests and prizes. They seem pretty eager.

I''d suggest people jump into however, it is really easy to play and you get a ton of free stuff without having to drop a dime.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Man, I'm doing the campaign and this Fleshbane dude is wrecking me. He just fills up the battlefield with ghosts that reduce damage. I don't have enough magic cards in my starter necro deck to beat him. Any way around that? My magic characters just are not coming out as much.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Beat the flesh dude finally. That was crazy. I had no ground, got knocked down to 2 health, then for the next 14 turns I hung in there and he started taking damage for not being able to draw. I finally finished him off with a full board of monsters.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

I still can't get past Fleshbane in the campaign. I've tried necro and inferno starter decks but I don't have many cards to tweak them. Considering picking up a box of the base set, would that be a terrible idea?

I have 1375 seals if that gives you an indicator of what I could buy.

I did that and got enough magic monsters to squeak past him.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Wait, are there only three sets of missions right now? I did the training, then the Orc Invasion and then Wolf Soldiers and beat those all. I'm only level 3. Do I gotta go fight scary online people now with better decks?

I don't have enough good cards right now :(

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Protagoras posted:

Yeah, you're all done. Time for the real fun.

That wasn't so bad, stomped my first dude. Guess things get rough around ELO 1000

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

JoshTheStampede posted:

I know people here do it but I don't understand tanking your Elo. That poo poo should be self-correcting, if you keep losing at 1000+ you'll drop down. Intentionally losing now so you can win later (and wind up back at higher Elos anyway) seems weird to me.

Yeah, it is a weird nerd thing to do.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
When you are deciding if you want to take a mulligan, is there a quick visual way to see if you are going first or not? I can't easily see anything telling me that. I'd take a mulligan if I don't need a 1 drop if I go second

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Tao Jones posted:

You can look at the mana count (beneath your current mana pool) to see whether you start with 0 (going first) or 1 (going second). That's pretty much the only visual cue for it I've found.

e:

That's good to know, I messed up a few first rounds doing that.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Dang it, I just won a match seconds before it gave out but it didn't give me my rewards and just logged me out.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Tae posted:

If you got the victory screen, you'll get the reward.

Man, it's going to be a nail biter, I'm not sure if I did get the screen or not, but I did get the killing blow for sure.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
So if you haven't pumped any money into this game yet, is the started pack good to snag? I want to get something and I do have like $13 in my steam wallet. I only have a necro deck and some free cards, nothing too crazy.

The sanctuary pack looks fun and has some extra seals and gold.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I got the sanctuary pack as my first in game purchase aside from stuff I earned for free. It's nice to have a second deck and this one is fun to play, a nice change from my necro deck that has been getting smashed by those no retaliation/hit all the rows/colums rear end in a top hat monsters I fight now.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I was trying to get Ubisoft to hook us up with some prizes and gifts and stuff to get people playing, but they stopped talking with me. Meanwhile, SolForge gave us codes and well... well, we stopped playing that for Might & Magic, so I guess they won either way. But this is still a great game and I think you can get a lot of really good gameplay out of it without dropping a dime and if you find yourself playing it for awhile, the amount of money you drop on it will be nothing up against the money you have wasted on games you probably haven't even installed yet.

So play the game, we will have to come up with our own tournament and prizes and stuff soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Tae posted:

Were you talking to Jasaon Paradise or Aza? Or a third party?

Ubisoft PR directly, but if you have other contacts, please message me privately, don't go dropping any names without due notice!

• Locked thread