Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm playing Haven because I like Angels and all the goody two-shoes poo poo. I really wish I had a guide like this before starting as I've very much ruined my opening by buying crap with Wildcards, not buying the right packs, and generally flailing about with the deck I built. Still if I do have some advice to give when it comes to the deckbuilding aspect.

In general, depending on the deck, Haven really only wants one One-Drop Creature, and that's Tithe Collector. Run 4 of him and then fill out your army with the rest, as Tithe will enable you to keep ahead of the curve (and two Tithes are better) with the downside of course being that he has no offensive power. But Haven is all about blocking, blasting with magic, and sneaking through enemy walls.

My deck is currently

Hero
- Sandalphon, Lord of Power
Sandy is great for when you've finally gotten all your resources in place, and are willing to burn cards to play more. What's not so great is losing access to all of Lights wonderful spells, even if in return you get Water.

Events
- Celebrations x4
Always a card that can refill your hand at the cost of filling in your opponents

-Week of the Weaponsmith x2
It's a +1 to the creature you drop, by no means a great event but my aforementioned gently caress up left me like this.

-Day of the Fallen Wolf
The entire Wolf Kingdom subfamily of Haven is all about retaliation, and this card makes it so the next drop gets a +2

-Market of Wonders
Ever played Yu-Gi-Oh? This is Graceful Charity. It has a pretty steep cost but it thins the deck nicely

Creatures
-Tithe Collector x4
Your opening move if you can make it.

-Loyal Griffin x3
It's a 2-Drop which means on a turn 2 you can drop it and a second Tithe Collector, its 4 HP is very bulky too

-Holy Praetorian x2
He makes everything protected against Melee by 2. Which can certainly help front row antics. However he's got very poor offensive power.

-Expert Marksmen x2
Your 2-Drop Backrow shooters and very bread and butter.

-Wild Griffin x2
A slightly worse Loyal Griffin, trading an extra resource for 1 less health and 1 more retaliation. Honestly just being run until I have a better replacement.

-Pao Deathseeker x1
Only ran in 1 because I only have the one, Pao is incredibly useful for dealing a finishing blow or clearing an annoying monster, his one downside means you have to make the most of him though.

-Radiant Glory x4
Better than Wild Griffin in every way, and fucks Incorporeal enemies as well, the only "Downside" is needing 1 extra magic to deploy along with the 3 Might. Which shouldn't actually bug you unless your using a specific hero.

-Sun Rider x4
Piercing, avoids retaliation. Can combo with another card to go where he needs to be when he needs to be. Honestly wish I still had Light though. as his 2 Attack is the only thing hurting him.

-Warrior Seraph x2
It's a Radiant Glory with Regenerate 2. Not the greatest monster but it can help. Being deployable in the front and back is always nice.

-Chosen of Elrath x2
Mending is a weird skill, it's basically a full restore to health if you don't act. Which means it's very situationally useful. Chosen's bulk of 6 and his Magic subtype are the main reason to field him.

-Crusader Treasurer x1
It's Tithe Collector at 2/2/6 who gives +2 resources a turn as a 4 Drop, but luckily he only requires 3 Might and 1 Fortune. So depending on the flow you may not need to invest much to get him out. Treasurer if at the right time, can let you pull off amazing plays, but at the same time, he can still serve as a nice body.

-Burning Sand Elemental x1
He's honestly just here to serve as a body and then blow up. A 5 drop with only 2 attack is very disappointing. Can't wait to swap him out

-Sahaar Skirmisher x2
This fucker right here, is a good card. Sahaar is a 2/2/5 5 Drop who can attack your opponents hero regardless of whats in his line. He has won games, stolen victories and at times even served as enough of a distraction to allow me to win in other areas. He's definitely worth bringing to the table.

-Celestial x1
A 7 Drop, and, to be honest? Not that great, 4/4/8 with 3 Regen a turn is nice, but compared to Havens other cards (which I don't have) it's very disappointing.

Spells

-Wind Shield x2
Honestly mostly a crap card, but it can be nice to protect against shooters and it's only a 1-drop.

-Refreshing Spring x1
This is worse than Wind Shield, it's +1 for a single turn, making me really miss light.

-Cold Fear x2
This is pretty bad in Haven to be quite honest, with the majority of their monsters with low attack, it can really hurt. On the other hand it can help you control a lane with your few strong monsters, or protect a Tithe Collector, who doesn't care about fighting anyway.

-Lightning Speed x1
I need more Lightning Speed. Period. It bestows Swift, which lets your Sun Rider or Sahaar Skirmisher attack and then move to where they are safe, or move to where they are most needed.

-Storm Arrows x1
Sometimes it's nice for your backrow to fire at will, newly received so we'll see how this works.

-Wind Gust x1
Rearranges the field and deals some minor damage, more useful that it would seem at first glance.

-Chain Lightning x1
This is a wonderful card, hitting up to 3 monsters for 3 damage, combine with Wind Gust for best positioning.

-Lightning Bolt x3
It does 6 damage for a cost of 4. Good for nuking single targets.

-Cyclone x4
Quick-Play: Destroys one Spell/Trap Card on the Field Does some minor damage and locks an entire row from attacking. Cyclone can be loving beastly for locking down and letting you set up the field. As well as putting your opponents creatures in range for the kill.

-Forked Lightning x1
Chain Lightning on Steroids. 5 Damage, 2 spots to target. Its cost is its only downside. But it can win games played right.

And that's my deck. Every now and then I'm tempted to swap over to Jezzlel to get Prime and Light back, but my collection doesn't work with that either (Too much stupidity at the pit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh right, In-Game name is Onmi_Khaos. Desperately trying to build up from 100 seals to enough to get a Champions Box. If anything, I can say it's nice that the EXP chase is never that bad.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AxeManiac posted:

I'm overwhelmed by the deck builder and this wish altar thing. I'm still playing the tutorial and it is throwing a lot of gold/exp/scripts at me for just learning the game. I got a premium pack, but no idea what is good or not yet. Hopefully once I get through the tutorials it will all make a little more sense. Any chance they have any tutorials on deck building? Making a deck with some help about what does or doesn't work and how to manage your cards would be cool.

Right now, my only problem when playing is it seems the AI gets to do a LOT of stuff. Like some turns they drop like 3-4 monsters while I only have enough to drop one. I guess they are doing things to increase their resources or sometimes they just start with extra monsters because of the mission.

What is the cost for taking a mulligan?

I have not noticed a cost for taking a Mulligan. My advice is to only focus on two resources. So Might/Fortune or Might/Magic. And try to get some good 2/3 Drops.

EDIT: I sure hope boost uses don't go down if your opponent quits at the start because he was looking for friends for the achievment. Cause if they do, kinda pissed off.

Wait, it doesn't. loving pissed off still because the second opponent in a row giving up immediately. I'm not going to add fucks like that to my friend list.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 17, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jedit posted:

There's no cost. You just have to stick with the second hand, whatever it is.

You're right that the AI often starts with extra monsters, but it doesn't cheat extra resources. I had to play a few ranked games to ding an extra level and buy a couple of packs before I was able to complete the campaign.

Onmi, people who quit right at the start usually aren't looking for friends. They're more commonly deliberately forfeiting to keep their ELO low, so they can abuse newbies with their Tier 1 decks for faster gold and XP. These people are scum and should be hanged by the testicles until dead.

Yeah I'm almost at 500 and honestly I don't feel like my deck should be there if the last page was any example.

What packs should a Haven deck be focused on picking up with gold anyway?

EDIT: Welp, I'm at 500. I picked up 2 Ice Weapons at the Altar. Wondering if I should pick up a third and a second Chain Lightning.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 17, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So I just killed him so hard that the game didn't realize I killed him, and let me play out the rest of my turn

As much as I liked Forked Lightning, and it's a game changed when it plays, it being the ONLY 6-Magic spell in the deck versus Celesital being a 6-Might monster is sometimes leaving me cut and dry.

Should I replace one with a level 4 Monster/Spell?

2-Drops
Dire Wolf
Wolf Guard

3-Drops
Wild Griffin (4)
Griffin Knight

4-Drops
Deep Mountain Turtle
Griffin Marksmen

5-Drops
Imperial Guard

6-Drops
Greater Fire Elemental
Blazing Glory

SPELLS

1-Cost
Wind Shield (1 in deck)
Refreshing Spring

2-Cost
Water Wall

5-Cost
Father Skys Wrath

If you're wondering where everything else went? Somebody went crazy with the Infernal Pit AND didn't really get what packs to buy. leading to nothing really being unlocked in the Altar and his trunk being sparse 119 cards in collection total.

I really needed a guide like this thread before I played, unfortunately...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cynic Jester posted:

I like removal.

That screen shot makes me hate you with every fiber of my being. But at the same time, you're using your fell powers to kill MORE Zombies so... Yay?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

since I'm basically only able to shell out for new packs whenever I level up, what can I do to bring my deck in order without dropping real cash?

Hero
Sandalphon, Lord of Power

Events
Celebrations x4
Day of the Fallen Wolf x2
Week of the Weaponsmiths x1
Market of Wonders x1

Creatures
Tithe Collector x4
Loyal Griffon x4
Holy Praetorian x2
Expert Marksmen x4
Pao Deathseeker x1
Radiant Glory x4
Sun Rider x4
Wolf Marksmen x2
Warrior Seraph x2
Chosen of Elrath x2
Crusader Treasurer x1
Sahaar Skirmisher x2

Spells
Wind Shield x1
Cold Fear x2
Lightning Speed x1
Storm Arrows x1
Wind Gust x1
Chain Lightning x1
Lightning Bolt x3
Cyclone x4
Icy Weapon x4
Forked Lightning x1

Might: 4
Magic: 6
Fortune: 0

I'm currently 1674 away from the Champions Box

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So I'm facing mostly Necropolis and Haven decks at around 600+ and I get another free Gold boost. I trigger it and run into 4 Sanctuary decks.

Needless to say, my final "Gold Boost" was +231

gently caress you Sanctuary, just gently caress you.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So really, I'm trying to build up Haven again, I've just been buying Void Rising and hoping for Wolf cards. I don't wanna spend my Wildcards, even if I should get another Lightning Speed.

I am incredibly far away from both Void Rising and Herald of the Void being unlocked in the Altar. I really don't know where to keep going as I slowly grind up Seals

EDIT: Also talking about difficult story missions. Altar of the Spider Goddess was a freaking wall for me.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 19, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I now have 8 wild cards and can round out my hero collection with Morgan, and get 3 small packs. Or keep going with stockpiling them until I unlock Void Rising.

Also I've gone back to Cassandra, I didn't have enough water to make Sandy work.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

Never ever buy small packs. They are horribly inefficient for 2 random cards out of 3 sets. At least with a pack you get a chance at minimum a rare and 3 uncommons.

well clearly, the achievement for getting all 4 of Havens base heroes is 3 Small Packs.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

Wow really? Guess that's why I forgot about that achievement, especially since Morgan was nerfed to hell. Poor Morgan.

Yeah, Morgan is the last guy I have to grab for the base set. and his apparently lack of usefulness as a main hero has been my reason for not picking him up. And since I'm coming up to my next pack 0 - And again I'm trying to build up Haven - Void Rising or Herald of the Void?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I really don't get why my opponents keep surrendering when they think the game is a loss.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jedit posted:

So they don't go above 1000 ELO and hence have to play anyone good with their Tier 1 decks.

By the way, does anyone else feel like they're uncomfortable in their current ELO? I'm 729 and routinely bouncing down to 600 and back up again. All these Sanctuary decks which utterly annihilate in one turn are just...

I feel like I'm playing with a sealed deck. This is what I got given and there's not much I can do (the switch back to Cassandra and Light is a huge boon though.)

I'm also quite annoyed because had I been smart with my seals I would be incredibly close to the Champions Box right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Inexplicable behavior.

So you have the game won. And you're thinking "Hmm, how can I kill the most amount of monsters to maximize my cash/exp flow" when suddenly the screen goes dark because your opponent has surrendered.
But this confuses me, because Surrender is a penalty to your EXP gain, so why would you take that rather than sit through the final turn anyway?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The worst loss for me, was when I hit end turn when my Holy Praetorian had a free shot and I didn't take it.

I wound up losing that match by 1 damage.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

True enough.

I finally have enough Seals for "The Box" but I'm going to hold out for another 13 levels (or 11 I guess due to the Level 20 bonus) In hopes of saving up for the Champions box. Hopefully it will still be on sale then.

Right now I'm level 13, and Void Rising continues to disappoint the gently caress out of me. giving me none of the Wolf cards that I really want. My only solace is every pack brings me closer to unlocking the cards in the Altar of Wishes.

Also that once I have, I have a fucktonne of fodder for the Infernal pit.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The only thing I've found that really stops Sanctuary is filling up your field with units. Since their skills are based around bouncing you around and forcing you to take damage to deploy, If you've got a full field none of those effects work.

Course I could have just gotten lucky (I pretty much did) because this one didn't seem to be running all that many, if any, spells.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Every time I grind up enough to purchase a pack and see no haven cards I want to cry. 101 Void Rising cards left before I can purchase them at the altar to.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mirthless posted:

I bought the champion box yesterday and got 0 usable cards for my deck in 30 packs. Wildcards bought me the stuff I needed, but I think they need to work on the faction distribution in packs, esp. the sets with new factions. I have so many sanctuary cards now that it's kind of stupid.

This I noticed as well, I've always felt in faction-based games like this, that there should be like "Necropolis Pack" "Haven Pack" "Inferno Pack" which is just the cards of that faction. Because I think I'll be a broken man if I grind all the way up to Champions Box and don't pull the cards I want.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

They don't do this on purpose. If you had the option of only buying in faction cards you'd never be temped to expand. It's part of the business model that you'll wind up with half a useable Sanctuary deck and say oh why not and expand that one too. Or you'll pull an epic you can't use and decide to build a new deck around that, etc.

Oh I know why the business model is like this, it just annoys the crap out of me.

At the very least we have the Altar of Wishes for Singles and the Inferno Pit for cash.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This game has a habit of letting me slide through with the victory by the skin of my teeth and feel awesome about it.

Just faced an Academy player on the road to Level 14, final duel for the level up and while it wasn't requires that I win, simply do well, I still wanted the win. It's pretty back and forth due to Academy's superior spell casting ability and my ability to swarm with monsters and then surprise with forked lightning or Bless. Several times we would wipe the field and seemingly gain the upperhand.

On the second last turn, he opened a hole in my defenses using Month of the Dancing Flames. I'm sitting at 6 Life, he's sitting at 5.

Icy weapon on his wizard. 5 Damage.

He has 3 Wizards on the field and another monster who I can't place. I have an open lane with a Expert Marksmen.

Draw.

Bless.

Trigger Month of the Dancing Flames.

Win with a single point of health left.

This is why I can enjoy this where as Solforge quickly lost luster. Much like Yu-Gi-Oh for me, provided you have a deck built well enough, you can sneak the victory on through against overwhelming odds. Whether it's a Marksmen making one final shot with a perfect buff play. Or King Artorigus wielding 5 swords despite two hands. I love that adrenaline rush that comes from pulling out the victory.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 21, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So I accidentally brought a Herald of the Void pack instead of a Void Rising pack.

Wound up working out better for me since I pulled an Immaculate Glory from it.

Also I'm sitting on 12 Wild Cards here, I feel like I should continue to build up my stock untill I unlock Void Rising/Herald of the Void.

Though there's a small part of my head that wants me to grab the Forgotten Wars Box, since I'll (eventually) grind out enough to unlock V/H in the Altar. But the rational part of me realizes that 1200 more seals is better value wise.

1000 = 10 Levels
+200 For Level 20 Bonus

Discounting any log-in reward bonuses I still have 10 levels to go from 14.

Again, really wishing I hadn't blown my seal load as poorly as I did.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 22, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

jetz0r posted:

Find someone else missing all the dueling friends achievements and chain challenge each-other and scoop till you both get the 50 wins achieve. All the friends achieves are worth 250 seals total, and it will take less time than grinding up one level.

There's not many ways to pick up bonus seals, but that's a decent one.

already got those ones.

The only Seals achievements I have left are Levels, Pimped out Deck, and The Collector.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Well that's level 15 reached and Void Rising continues to disappoint on cards. 88 cards left to Singles.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think I may have had an error. The game showed me my full log in rewards for the past 7 days, including 95 seals. And I haven't received them. I'm fairly certain that there's nothing to build up, and yet I'm not getting anything.

EDIT: NOPE I'm just dumb

Onmi fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 24, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mr.48 posted:

So are there many other goons who like me migrated to MMDOC from Solforge? If so, what were you reasons? For me personally it wasnt that there was anything wrong with Solforge, but its so far from completion, and missing many planned features. Meanwhile MMDOC is already feature complete, and feels like they really have their poo poo sorted. I might pick up Solforge again when its finally done, but for now MMDOC offers the superior experience.

Something else I'm curious to try is Hearthstone, since the people who got into the beta have been raving about it, but will being launched so far ahead of of the competition help MMDOC hold its own in terms of player retention?

MMDOC was just a more complete and fun game. With a better reward system.

Also, I'm tempted to tank my ranking so I can make sure my XP Boost results in 5 wins. Even though it's very underhanded.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So I actually did fairly well with my EXP boost and got myself up to level 17. at 1520 seals I'm still 8 levels away?

300 to 20. 200 extra from 20. That's 500 bringing me up to 2020... so 4 more from that so...

Okay 7. 7 more levels. Which if I continue my rate of a level per day just means another week.

... I'm going to try speed that up.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Well gently caress with the Champions box not on sale I've lost a lot of steam in grinding.

In 3 levels I would be able to grab 2 Forgotten Wars Boxes, I'm tempted to do just that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm getting very annoyed with surrenderers, which oddly, back in the lower ELO levels I didn't run into. Because typically what happens is I'll be around my decks level, get a bunch of people surrendering throwing me higher than I should be, lose a bunch, and then repeat the cycle.

It's only two more levels to that 2x Forbidden Box though.

I'm half tempted to dump some Wild Cards on a Kieran, since his 2 Might 1 Magic build is better suited to my M&M deck.

The trade off, of course, is losing all the great Wind Spells, and not having Prime spells to replace them with.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Ding Ding Ding, You have Unlocked Forgotten Wars In the Altar.
Ding Ding Ding, You have Unlocked Void Rising in the Altar.

Now all I gotta do is grind up 200 cards in Herald of the Void!

EDIT: What are some good cards for Haven to grab from both Void and FW?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

Ok, but is there a problem with playing a game you presumably like for weeks? That's always what people say, "Oh but I would have to play for WEEKS to afford a box of boosters for free!" and its like, how much more reward do you need for playing other than playing?

The cards you can get from the campaign are more than enough to be somewhat competitive at low Elos, and start accruing more slowly. Or you can spend a little real money and do that faster. But at some point, you have to realize that its a CCG and what you are asking for is more free stuff, for a game with no fees and no money to be made by the company except through selling packs. If you want all the cards for free RIGHT NOW there's plenty of non-collectible games to play.

Also, I don't think that the altar unlock is 200 unique cards (as in no dupes), I think its just 200 cards from that set period, including dupes.

It's just 200 cards. easily just.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Another Haven Question. This time about heroes.

Right now I've got Sandalphon, Cassandra and Jessiel. Each of them have their own great uses, Jess has Primal, which gives me access to Spirited Away (Phase my Sahaar Skirmishers) Mass Dispel (Destroy all spells), Negate Magic (Clear up counters and negative spells)Nether Soul, Minor Recall and Dispel Magic. She also starts with 2 magic.

On the downside, 18 Health, no Might.

Sandalphon has Access to water which means Clashing Tides, Icy Weapon, Focused Mind, Cold Fear, Monsoon, Water Wall and Refreshing Spring.

On the Downside, Sandalphon has no access to Light spells.

Cass is the starter hero, Light and Wind. Which means Sunburst, Purity, Guardian Angel, Lightspeed, Resolute Stand, Bless, Martyr, Divine Judgement, Lay of Hands and Word of Light. She also has 2 fortune which means I can splash in Stolen Supplies, Dwarven Smith, Tree of Truth, Dragon Vein, Curse of Negation, Full Moon, Cosmic Singularity, Truce of Elrath, Sisters Tent, Fleeting Oasis, Inexhaustible Mine, Toll Gate, Higher Learning and Fortune Telling without having to increase it at all.

On the downside, she doesn't really provide an ability, and Spell-wise Jess is a better caster.

Regardless Monster Wise we have

1 Drop - 4x Tithe Collector
2 Drop - 4x Loyal Griffin, 2x Holy Praetorian, 3x Wolf Captain, 3x Crusader Watchman
Reserves - 4x Expert Marksmen
3 Drop - 1x Pao Deathseeker, 4 Radiant Glory, 2x Sun Rider, 3x Wolf Marksmen
Reserves - 2x Void Wrath, 1x Griffin Knight
4 Drop - 1x Blind Brother, 2x Crusader Treasurer, 1x Wold Praetorian
Reserves - 2x Chosen of Elrath, 1x Griffin Marksmen, 2x Warrior Seraph,
5 Drop 3x Sahaar Skirmisher, 1x Immaculate Glory
Reserves - Burning Sand Elemental x5, Imperial Guard x1, Crusader Commander x3
6 Drop - None
Reserves - Greater Fire Elemental x4, Blazing Glory x1
7 Drop -0 None
Reserves - Celestial

34 Monsters Total.

Now Spells.

Spells is where I'm having trouble. Mostly because I have so many nice options, and some are too good to be true. Like these ones, do I run them or what?

Forked Lightning x2 - Forked Lightning has saved my bacon more than once. It's a non-targeting field nuke essentially, Except for its STEEP Magic cost of 6. It's definitely a late game spell but I like packing it
Chain Lightning x1 - Forkeds little brother, 3 damage to an area surrounding the place you shoot. I like it but the 3 damage coupled with the 4 resource cost is a bit of a pain.
Cyclone x4 - I love/loved this card. On the one hand damage and your opponent can't attack. On the other hand it doesn't really remove the enemy, it's a stalling card that, on a good day, can kill a bunch of units.

And do I add any fortunes? that pretty much determines if I'm running Cass or Jess.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Well my new deck is doing... Good? I'm not necessarily winning but the latest match-ups have all been terribly overwhelming. And I don't feel I would be near my ELO at all if people didn't keep surrendering too me. The last duel I lost was actually quite fun, but not helped by the Nerkium player A. stealing my drat spells. B. Stealing my drat monsters and C. Using that recycle card to steal more of my drat monsters!

It's very frustrating to see your opponent sit at 3 HP as you grumble and try to land just one hit.

And then I decked out.

I find myself leaning more towards spells than fortunes even with Cass, but I really like my Forked Lightning. I still haven't found the right build for me for a pretty hilarious reason. I like Haven because I like the concept of the creatures and I'm a huge fan of Paladins and Angels and the like. But as a player I am offense all the time. And this hurts me when playing a deck that's emphasizing the defensive like Haven.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hellsau posted:

So, I played 6 battles tonight. In those, I had 3 players instantly concede, 2 players concede when the game was still close (I have 2 cards and a slight board advantage vs. their 5 cards, and it's about to be their turn), 1 guy conceded on the third turn (to lower ELO presumably), and then while I was at 922 ELO, matched up against a 1370 ELO Crag Hack who I had a very close game against with my durdling near-starter Haven deck. I also had two regular games that didn't end with a bizarre concession or anything.

What a weird system, giving me ~30 ELO for my opponent instantly conceding. I'm absolutely unprepared to face 1000+ ELO decks if that Crag Hack deck is anything to go by. I need 200 more seals to grab that 2x FW box deal, so hopefully someone will be on tomorrow to farm some challenges so I can get those achievements. My Uplay name is Heilsau because hell is a bad word for usernames apparently. I sent a mass invite out for friends as well.

This game is fun, but the difference between a starter deck and a good deck is pretty hilarious, as is to be expected from a CCG.

I'll be on if you can't find anyone else.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So. I ran into an ACTUAL Cass deck.

Pillage seems very out of character with Haven. So I'm claiming the moral victory there. But in all seriousness yeah, being unable to do... anything really just takes the wind out of your sails. I had all the cards that could help me but no way to play them. Once the new update drops I'm going to make some variations. but dropping/re-making decks each time with no recipe system is horrid

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm at 1000 ELO now.

So. this is my deck. Should I just bow out until I'm back into the 500 range?

-Hero-
Cassandra, Seeker of Light

-Events-
4x Day of the Fallen Wolf (would be much better if I ever remembered to play it)
3x Eye of the Mana Storm
1x Market of Wonders

-Creatures-
4x Tithe Collector
4x Loyal Griffin
3x Wolf Captain
3x Crusader Watchman
2x Holy Praetorian
1x Pao Deathseaker
4x Radiant Glory
2x Sun Rider
3x Wolf Marksman
1x Blind Brother
1x Wolf Praetorian
2x Crusader Treasurer
3x Sahaar Skirmisher
1x Immaculate Glory

-Spell Variation-
3x Sun Burst
1x Purity
2x Bless
1x Chain Lightning
3x Lightning Bolt
2x Cyclone
2x Word of Light
2x Forked Lightning

-Fortune Variation-
4x Pillage
4x Fortune Telling
4x Toll Gate
3x Curse of Negation
1x Full Moon

EDIT: I also have 47 Wild Cards I'm going to wait and see if there's a drop across the board due to the new set. I'm feeling kind of burned for how much I dropped on the 3 Wolf Captains

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 4, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

First off, way too many cards. You should reduce back to 59. You're also running a lot of filler cards that do nothing like Fortune Telling.

What is your goal, spell control? Because I have fixes that depends on your answer.

Actually I am at 59 Fortune/Spell Variation means the same deck but with Fortune/Spells. As for my goal, Spell Control is nice, though really, I prefer to swarm the field and overwhelm an opponent.

EDIT: Oh hey just pulled Song of the Lost from my 50k infused Herald of the Void buy-spree

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 4, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

If you're running the Fortune version, you're focused on the 3 Unique Fortunes (Alter of Asha, Prison, Cassandra's Imperial Devotion), using Soothsayer to retrieve then, and running Manastorms to protect your creatures.

A fortune build runs the 3 uniques, maybe River Gems, Broken Bridge, Campfire, Pillage, and Cosmic Realignment.

A spell version maxes out on the efficient spells like Lightning Bolt and Sunburst. Homebound Winds is a good tech option in a spell control deck to get rid of Spell immune/resistant creatures like Mizu Kami and a lot of Academy creatures.

A key event for Haven is Week of Training, as it boosts up your weenies without giving your opponent the same benefit usually.

That's... not good for me.

I got no Lightning Bolts and a while to unlock them. A sole Homebound Winds too.

And Fortune I'm really hurt. No Mana, none of the uniques, no River, Bridge or Realignment. When I mentioned earlier in the thread making stupid moves, I really did mean it.

I have a Time of Need, but I doubt that would help.

So basically yeah, continue grinding until Herald is unlocked. use the Wild Cards to support one of the two decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tae posted:

I meant Lightning Strike, the 3 cost that deals 4.

Although you have Lightning Bolt listed in your Spell variation decklist, so I'm confused.

Yeah, I meant Lightning Strike, the 2 Mag 3 Cost one. It was very early morning when I was posting.

EDIT: Just faced a Morgan deck, it was an interesting experience to say the least. The match began with pretty much a slugging contest of a boosted Loyal Griffin (Mine) vs a Holy Praetorian (his), and the reason for this was because I drew into all spells and Praetorian, so I was building my magic up.

Long story short once he started healing, I was able to mostly keep it up till he Cassandra'd. Which knocked him back up to 15 health. From there it was a whirlwind of crusaders and wolf captains.

Eventually I went down, after my initial "All Spells" hand I drew into all monsters, not as fun as it sounds when you need removal. Couple that with Misplays (Playing Pao during Truce of Elrath) and I deserved my loss.

Still was a learning experience, I didn't think most people would use Crusader Commander due to being effectless

Onmi fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 5, 2013

• Locked thread