Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
So should I wildly reflavor a bard or play something else? Everything but Wizard seems to be covered and Wizard is in this weird place between really good and incredibly boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
I'm sure you could make something else. It's not like he's taking everyone who applies, I'm sure that there will be better submissions of 'covered classes'.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Probably should just close apps since between all the apps I like and reserved slots I already have to make some tough cuts.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You could not take anyone from the reserved list.

Oh wait

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Mustache Ride posted:

You could not take anyone from the reserved list.

Oh wait

If I were taking anyone off the reserved list it wouldn't be Mudgett :allears:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Doomsayer posted:

If I were taking anyone off the reserved list it wouldn't be Mudgett :allears:

It's me isn't it? :saddowns:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

djw175 posted:

It's me isn't it? :saddowns:

It's clearly Ryuujin with his goddamn furry :colbert:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Doomsayer posted:

Probably should just close apps since between all the apps I like and reserved slots I already have to make some tough cuts.

If you do this I will be mildly upset. On the Internet.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I offered in IRC to bow out unless he really really wants to bring me along for novelty, since I'm already in one of his games. :v:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah I'll admit I already have picks in mind but I'm leaving apps ope n for those who want to dream the impossible dream!

Also :effort:

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Secret closed apps kind of a dick move. I'm out.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Platonicsolid posted:

Secret closed apps kind of a dick move. I'm out.

I'm sorry you feel that way man! To be clear, applications are not closed! I just meant I have a couple frontrunners in mind atm. If the joking tone didn't come through I apologize, naturally if applications really were closed, I would close them.

I also apologize again, I apparently didn't make it clear enough that this was a continuation of a 4e game that we decided to switch systems on, rather than an entirely new campaign, hence a couple folks already had slots (djw175, Captain_Walker, Frankenfreak, Ryuujin, and Mustache Ride, to be specific) reserved for them. Looking back I absolutely did not make that clear, and I'm super sorry :ohdear:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I'm gonna apply to both this and the Sigma Protocol game, and if you like my spy guy more than whatever my fantasy dude ends up being, I will give up my reserved slot here. Unless you like both! Given that the average life expectancy of a 4e game around here is about two months I don't want to fail to apply and then suddenly find myself in need of a fantasy fix.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Aethe Frost

The Dragons have been gone since the Age of Heroes, and still the rumors persist. They hide in the corner of every dark and stormy night. Thunder in the distance that no one has known for ages.

They were not forgotten.

One of the greatest hunters of the beast refused to believe that they left the world and instead formed a legion. Originally one thousand strong, they built a fortress atop a mountain in the frozen north. Marduk's Legion accepted only orphans and those willing to brave the elements to delve deep into the white wastes and become an orphan of the Legion. All ties cast aside for a higher purpose.

They were not content to sit idly and train in their forbidden lands, and instead sent out their trainees and troops into the wastes to fight other menace. From fearsome giants, beasts and other unnatural things that threatened the land. Each one seen as a stepping stone to a greater purpose. Like the cold forbidden nature that gave rise to them they were merciless and relentless.

Their goal was to train themselves for the day, the time that the dragons returned. The Legion would stand firm, and hunt them down.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Every recruit of the order loses their name upon joining the order, except for one.

Aethe was her name, and while most recruits follow the wagon train that come in to give much needed supplies to the desolate location, Aethe came from the North. A young girl of four years old, she walked out of the wilderness covered in blood. It was not her own, and that is what they could tell. She stood there clutching a doll in one hand and a bracelet in other hand.

She refused to this day to say what happened before the moment they found them.

No one knew where she had come, but there was no question. After a few weeks she opened to the other children and outcasts and bastards, and it was decided that she would be trained. Rather, she decided that she would trained.

As a recruit she performed excellently her strength and sheer determination impressive even compared to the seasoned warriors. She was first of her training regiment, and it showed. It had been a young girl that entered the keep those many years ago, but when she emerged as a young woman she had changed completely.

Her long and lonely travels took to places that few had travelled and even less had returned alive, her first great test was Duvik's pass.

Charging into the mine quickly and efficiently killing all those in her way, they seemed to be tiny demons. The help of others was appreciated in the dark dank caverns, their steel and magic helpful against the tiny enemies. It was there at least the princess saw the young dragonslayer in action.

That is the story the story will tell, but not Aethe, she will not talk of the tiny demons and the travelers with noble origins. She would tell of another town, a smaller one, a village past the mountains that separated the frozen wastes from the warm southern lands.

They had been desperate and most likely starved for weeks, until they made a choice. Aethe did not fault them for it, but they could not understand the consequences of their choice. She knew the price of dealing with demons though.

Aethe, stalked her prey, they barely knew she was there. The snowy forest created many place to set up. They all prepared but she knew her task.

"Most are around the idol at the center, that is where it will be. The ones with minds gone will not be able to be saved." She said without small amount of solemnness.

She would not be there, Aethe would be behind them, to attack and slay the beast. The others kept the mind controlled villagers at bay and fought the various hell beasts expertly.

Before her stood an alter a older heavy set man, a blacksmith by his smoky features and blackened hands. Lay prone across the idol, as the hideous demon screamed out orders. It hideous claws close to severing the man's head from his body.

The claws raised as the demon intended to kill the man, her large axe crashed down into the creatures neck severing it and casting aside, half of the villagers dropped to the ground the other screamed in agony. But that didn't matter to Aethe.

She approached the large blacksmith her large mane of hair behind her as she released him. There was a brief moment of silence between the two and then they embraced.

Brother and sister they no longer were due to her sacrifices, or at least should have been. For that moment, however, they were. She was home.

---------------------------------

Marcus of Stone

Traitor of the Legion

A villainous traitor to the Legion who gave into temptation during the many travels into the wild lands. No one knows what dark god or treacherous beast took hold of him, but the mild quiet man became a aggressive leader of a horde.

They met him at Stemper's Folly, a large ancient fortress that was defeated long ago, its ruins still considered haunted. He was attempting to raise an army of undead, and almost succeeded, but instead they managed to stop buy dropping the remainder of the fortress into the dungeons he was using to spawn the creatures of the undead.

Fearless, vicious and insane, he appears to want to bring about the coming of something, but no one knows what. Currently he has escaped off into the east. The burning desert was the last she heard of the man, and for the most part wants to keep it that way.

--------------------------------------------

Liana Blacknote

Wily Captain of the Ice

In the north of the world there exists a great sea that few travel between the mostly isolated cities. Trading the great harvest of the North's lands and rock. It is very perilous and tremendously dangerous passage for most of the time. Creatures of the ice and snow, along with creatures of the deep pushed to the surface to make their daily bread among the bones of unlucky sailors, block the way.

That was until Blacknote came along, if you listen to her, she is a lost princess of a far off kingdom one day, or a magical being of the forest another. The ebony skinned woman was the only one willing to take Aethe across the sea. One of the few captain that will go anywhere and do anything for a profit. Coin is her goddess.

As usual, Aethe is quiet on the exact nature of Liana's debt to her, but Liana is not. With a silver or two you might even get a real story via drink. Other than that she is a mercurial and tremendously sneaky person.

The only real danger is when she starts telling the truth as that means she is forced to for pain of death. The two wanderers are obviously friends, sometimes enemies and rarely family though neither would admit it. Such is the nature of the winds, that blow both Liana and her ship.

pre:
Aethe Frost
8 x Human Ranger

Favored Enemies: Dragon, Demon

One Unique Thing: Aethe can endure and survive any environment with no supplies or gear, including water or food. 

STR	18	(+4)	+2+1 +1	Hit Points	144
CON	14	(+2)	+2	Recoveries	8
DEX	18	(+4)	  +1 +1	Recovery Dice	8d8+2
INT	10	(+0)		Armor Class	26
WIS	14	(+2)	  +1 +1	Physical Def.	23
CHA	10	(+0)		Mental Def.	10
				Initiative	12
				Damage Bonus    3x

Icons
	Ashdraanol - Negative 2
		Marduk's Legion are Dragon hunters, with the view that the dragons are out there and 
should be killed for the good of all. The monster hunting has come to include cults of the dragon as well. 

Kjel of the River - Conflicted 2
		Their focus more turned toward the hunting and slaying of the beasts of the realm the
Legion strays from matters or order or chaos and deals with the pragmatic. At times supporting freedom 
or squashing it to allow them to stop a particular menace.

The Templar - Conflicted 1
		There is no fallen god to be followed, there is only the work the hunt, to be the predator
of those that prey on the people. They reap the benefits of the hunters while condemning their lost souls.

Backgrounds
	Dragon Hunter +4
		Trained from childhood to hunt and kill the giant beasts there was no thought or even 
discussion as to whether the ancient techniques used to hunt the winged beast would be successful. They
were also good for hunting other larger prey.
	Member of the Legion +2
		Warriors born and bred, They stalk and hunt a prey that most would flee from. Courage 
cleverness and sheer determination are all aspects of a member of the Legion. 
	Wanderer of the Wastes +2
		The World itself does not give any quarter nor mercy. The solution is become harder 
than the world, and fight back. 

Feats
	Favored Enemy(A)
		Can change Favored enemy by meditating during full heal up
	Precise Shot(A)
		No chance of hitting ally in combat with target
	Lethal Hunter(A)
		Crit range expands to +3
	First Strike(A)
		Crit range expands to +3
	Double Ranged Attack(A)
		Second attack gains +2 against a different target
	Favored Enemy(C)
		Crit range expands to +3
	Lethal Hunter(C)
		Once per day can use Lethal Hunter against two enemies
	First Strike(C)
		3x damage on crit
	Favored Enemy(E)
		Choose a Second enemy Type

Class Talents
	Favored Enemy
		Gain +2 crit range to a specific type of enemy
	Double Ranged Attack
		Make two attacks with weapons that don't require reload if you hit
	First Strike
		The first time you attack an enemy your crit range is expanded by 2
	Lethal Hunter
		Once per battle chose an enemy and the crit range is increased by 2
	Tracker
		Wilderness Tracking at +5 and Terrain Stunt every time escalation die reaches that number.

Racial Power
	Quick to Fight
		At the start of each battle, roll initiative twice and choose the result you want.

Spells and Powers

Terrain Stunt
	Once per
	Quick action to use
	Requirement: At the start of the battle, roll a d6. The escalation die must be higher than that number to use this power.
	Effect: Execute a attack using the environment that gives a bonus

Basic Attacks
	Melee At-Will
	Target: One Enemy
	Attack: +12 Vs Ac
	Hit: 1d10+12
	Miss:8 damage

Double Ranged Attack
	Target: One enemy
	Attack: +12 vs. AC
	Hit: 8d4+12 damage
	Miss: 16 damage.
	Special: If the attack roll was even, take a move action and make the following attack.
	Secondary Target: One enemy.
	Secondary Attack: +12 vs. AC, or +14 against anyone other than the primary target.
	Hit: 8d4+12 damage. 

Ranged At-Will
	Target: One Enemy
	Attack: +12 vs Ac
	Hit: 1d6+12
	Miss: 8 damage

Equipment
	Great Axe (1d10)
        Axe (1d6)
	Light Armor (14)
	Miscellany
	25 gold 0 silver

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 24, 2013

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
My sheet and background should be all done and finalised now.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

"What the Hells is Wander's deal?" they ask. A very good question. Who am I? Or perhaps, what am I? Let's start with a guessing game: how do you think I fight?

"Is he some sort of thief or barbarian?" Such rudeness, first of all, and look at my armament. All these tomahawks are too big for rogues and too small for berserkers.
"Oh, a wizard or sorcerer." Well, I have been known to use a little bit of magic now and again. But remember, I also do like my axes.
"Perhaps a bard?" I think Sucher would be offended to have his gifts mistaken for arcane tomfoolery so many times
"A paladin, then?" Itchy plate armor and clanky shields? No thank you.
"Cleric???" Can you really see me joining the church of any of the crazies who pass for deities around here?
"I guess not." Correct, and that wasn't a question.

Wander is Wander; he wanders, here and there, everywhere, in search of nothing and yet always looking. I've tasted the most expensive wines, battled the most bizarre foes, bedded the most beautiful women, and I'm never satisfied. Deep within me burns a hunger to experience all the world has to offer. One day, I hope to look back on my life, take my last breath, and think, "At long last, I have had my fill."

I also hope that day will not be today, not until we're across this bridge and past this horde of demons.

pre:
Wander
Level 8 Half-Elf Ranger

One Unique Thing:
Having been all over the world and tried everything at least once, I am literally the most interesting man in the world.

STR	10	(+0)		Hit Points	144
CON	14	(+2)		Recoveries	8
DEX	18	(+4)		Recovery Dice	8d8+6
INT	10	(+0)		Armor Class	24
WIS	12	(+1)		Physical Def.	21
CHA	14	(+2)		Mental Def.	19
				Initiative	12

Icons One's a custom god! Hope that's OK
	Sucher, the Pathfinder (Positive 2)
		The God of Travels, the Patron of Adventurers and Explorers, and the Bringer of Light to the Darkness. Sadly, he is
mostly absent in this darkest of all ages; I learned of him from an enclave of monks in the West. They taught me that, while his
teachings are almost forgotten, his power is not only very real but you don't have to do anything special to keep it; Sucher is a
pretty chill god. It is from him that Otto, my magic map, derives its power.

Backgrounds
	Faithful of Sucher +3
		It isn't easy worshiping a forgotten god. They say gods get their powers from their faithful, and Sucher doesn't
have many of those. So if you ever want to know about the guy who basically invented the adventuring profession, I have you covered.
And if you ever feel like joining the faith of the only god I know of who will bless you for exercising your natural right to slay
monsters, gently caress bitches, and get paid, I can hook you up.
	Gigolo +2
		Speaking of which, any port in a storm, right? Imagine I made some vague allusion to the many places I've come
and gone, and let's leave it at that.
	Wanderer +5
		Otto has led me many places, and before I even met up with the Biggest Gods-Damned Heroes the world has to offer.
All over Circadia and beyond, with my new companions granting me a few trips to places I wasn't aware existed.
	Tracker +5
		You might say that being able to follow a foe to the ends of the earth and beyond is a very specific ability, and
you would not be wrong. I don't use it every day. But as a Big Gods-Damned Hero, whose reputation for slaying things he had no
business being able to slay precedes him, often causing the mightiest prey to flee in terror before I even show my face...it does
occasionally come in handy.

Feats
	A: Double Melee Attack
		+2 to DMA if it's against a different target
	A: Lethal Hunter
		+1 to crit range of Lethal Hunter attacks (total +3)
	A: Tracker
		Terrain stunt functions in urban environments
	A: Two-Weapon Mastery
		Add my level to miss damage for melee attacks, again
	C: Double Melee Attack
		1/battle, use DMA after odd attack roll
	C: Lethal Hunter
		1 battle/day, use against 2 different enemies
	C: Two-Weapon Mastery
		When an enemy rolls a 1 on a melee attack against me, I get a free OA against him
	E: Double Melee Attack
		1/turn, pop free of one enemy before making a DMA; use move action in between attacks

Class Talents
	Double Melee Attack
		When fighting with two one-handed melee weapons, my default option is to make a Double Melee Attack.
	Lethal Hunter
		1/battle, pick an enemy (mob of mooks counts as one). My crit range against them increases by 3.
	Two-Weapon Mastery
		+1 attack when using dual melee weapons.
	Tracker (level 5)
		I have the Tracker background at +5. It doesn't work too good in urban environments.
	Ranger Ex Cathedral (level 8)
		Gain one daily cleric spell (hammer of faith, reskinned as pathfinder's focus).

Racial Power
	Surprising
		1/battle, subtract 1 from the natural result of my d20 roll

Spells and Powers
	Terrain Stunt
	Once per
	Quick action to use
	Requirement: At the start of the battle, roll a d6. The escalation die must be higher than that number to use this power.
	Effect: I execute an improvisational effect that plays off my understanding of my environment. Get somewhere fast, attack
someone who wasn't really in my range, one-round daze or hamper, that sort of thing.

Pathfinder's Focus
	Daily
	Quick action to cast
	Close-quarters spell
	Effect: Until the end of the battle, my MBAs gain d12 damage dice, half damage on a miss, and a 1/battle reroll.

Focused Double Melee Attack
	At-Will
	Must be under effect of Pathfinder's Focus
	Attack: +13 vs. AC. Once per battle, you can reroll this attack.
	Hit: 8d10+12 damage
	Miss: ((8d10+12)/2)+8 damage.
	Special: If the attack roll was even, make the following free action.
	Secondary Target: One enemy
	Secondary Attack: +13 vs. AC, or +15 against anyone other than the primary target.
	Hit: 8d10+12 damage. 
	Miss: ((8d10+12)/2)+8 damage.

Basic Attacks
	Melee At-Will
	Attack: +13 vs. AC
	Hit: 8d8+12 damage.

Double Melee Attack
	Attack: +13 vs. AC
	Hit: 8d6+12 damage
	Special: If the attack roll was even, take a move action and make the following attack.
	Secondary Target: One enemy.
	Secondary Attack: +13 vs. AC, or +15 against anyone other than the primary target.
	Hit: 8d6+12 damage. 

Ranged At-Will
	Attack: +12 vs. AC
	Hit: 8d8+12 damage
	Miss: 8 damage.

Equipment
	A fuckin' lot of tomahawks (8d8+12)
	Wyrmhide armor (AC 14)
	A fairly generous amount of level-appropriate gold and silver

Magic Items
	Otto: A map that shows where I've been, and suggests, in the vaguest of terms, where I might be going.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 22, 2013

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

I'm gonna apply to both this and the Sigma Protocol game, and if you like my spy guy more than whatever my fantasy dude ends up being, I will give up my reserved slot here. Unless you like both! Given that the average life expectancy of a 4e game around here is about two months I don't want to fail to apply and then suddenly find myself in need of a fantasy fix.

Please do! You should hop on IRC as well, I can help you put something together.

Also I love that everyone coming back is going with wildly different characters :allears:

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
My background has been finished. I think everything is wrapped up neatly, now. Note that the "adventure" is more a tale that is told of her. It gives you a feel for her personality, but it's also highly exaggerated. Maybe one day Siubhan will tell the true tale.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

No rush, today's been a lovely day of helping my roommates recuperate from their respective benders and dealing with my roommates' absolute oval office of a "friend".

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Alright, picks will be made later today!

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah, begging off on this one. I just can't get hype for 13th Age.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Alright, it's :toot:Draft Time!:toot:

1. Axe-man as Aethe Frost!
2. Ryuujin as Xar!
3. djw175 as Naděje!
4. Mustache Ride as Mudgett!
5. Frankenfreak as Donaar!
6. genericangst as Siubhan!
7. Robodog as Euphrosyne!
8. Captain Walker as Wander!

My apologies to everyone who didn't make it in! I really liked all the apps, but I thought it wasn't fair to draft in people who were already in my other 13th Age game, much as I would have liked to! However, should any slots open up you will have first right of refusal!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Just FYI guys I am hella busy through Tuesday night, so I can't promise an OP before then :saddowns:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Okay, OP tomorrow! Probably! Just in time for you to ignore your family and friends, like me!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Oh poo poo we never did magic items, did we? I was going to go through and give you guys flavor-specific items but meh gently caress it let's just get this show on the road.

Instead, I'll let you guys do it and just hope you're cool about. The book says a decently-equipped party should have 50-75% of their level in magic items. Since you guys are theoretically "fresh" 8th level characters, what do you think about Four Champion Tier Items and One Epic Tier Item? Does that seem like a good balance? I'm totally willing to hear other options, but that seems like a good balance.

However: I want to know how you got each of those items specifically, and what makes them strange/unique! You're Epic Heroes, tell me about your adventures! They can be together, or solo, both work for me.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Game thread's up!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3589429

I, uh, recommend you get your magic items in order first :v:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry dude. I'll get a post in today.

Thanksgiving is slowing me down.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

No worries, I wasn't expecting posts from anyone until, like, Monday.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

If you guys could make new posts with your magic items (as well as editing them into your sheet), that'd be swell!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
HAving troubles with stories but I might as well post the items now.

Robe of Warding (Champion)
Belt of Resurgence (Epic)
Staff of Health (Champion)
Ring of Kindness (Champion) (Reskinned Ring of Glory)
Circlet of Approachability (Champion)

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Sorry Doomsayer I'm not feeling this, you should go ahead and pick someone else.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

No worries! That'll bring the party down to a manageable 7. Sorry to see you go though :(

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Should we actually take actions or are we waiting for initiative counts or something?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I'm waiting to support people cause I'm defensive support.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I figured we were waiting for folks to finish up their magic items which is understandably slow since it's, you know, Thanksgiving and all.

Though as noted in the game thread, I did roll initiative but the end result was "all PCs go at once, before the NPCs" so I didn't write it down.

Also,

Doomsayer posted:

If you guys could make new posts with your magic items (as well as editing them into your sheet), that'd be swell!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Axe-man asked me to pick his items so here they are man:

Greataxe (Epic, +3 Damage/To-Hit)
Incomparable Axe of Wyrm Chopping :black101:: Whenever you attack a dragon with the axe, you deal +40 damage, hit or miss. The GM determines just how broadly the term “dragon” applies. Quirk: Speaks in Draconic, first just curses, but then more and more elements of speech.

Throwing Axes (Champion, +2 Damage/To-Hit)
Steady Throwing Axes (recharge 11+): Before rolling a ranged attack with this weapon, choose 10 as the natural roll for that attack. Quirk: Talks too much about the weather.

Axebelt (Champion, +2 Recoveries/day)
Axe Harness of Resurgence (Recharge 16+): When you drop to 0 hit points or lower, heal using a recovery before falling unconscious. Quirk: Bursts forth with wildly optimistic comments from time to time.

Light Armor (Champion, +2 AC)
Leather Armor of Heedlessness: You gain a +4 bonus to all defenses during your first turn in battle. Quirk: Needlessly provocative.

Helmet (Champion, +2 Mental Defense)
Helm of Fortunate Dodging (recharge 11+): When an enemy misses you with an attack against your AC or PD, change that miss into a fumble (no damage or possibly a negative outcome). Quirk: Easily moved to dancing by rhythmic music, and taps foot when there is no music.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Sorry guys, I know things have been slow through the holiday weekend, but I have bad news: I have roughly eleventy billion papers to grade and a presentation to prep for, so my posting will be spotty through Thursday.

Good news is, you have time to get your Magic Items done!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm still mulling over my items. I know I want some sort of custom Ring of the Dragon that ties Donaar to the Dragon Queen and am working on its exact effects.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Items:

Epic

Book of Scribblins

quote:

Tome of Arcane Mysteries (recharge 11+):
This weighty volume is full of arcane sigils, half-mad poetry, impious philosophical assertions, and deep reflections into the nature of arcane power. When you make an attack roll with an arcane spell, after finding out whether the attack hits, change the attack roll to a 10 instead of the natural roll.

Quirk: Doodles insane geometrical designs.

Mudgett's latest acquisition, this book was the notebook of the mad wizard that tried to teach Mudgett the art of combat magic. It has various undiscovered spells recorded into it, but most of the time when Mudgett reads it he only seems rambling poems and meaningless text.

Mudgett uses it as a shopping list for the most part.

Champion

Sorcerous Daggers of Undeniable Pain

quote:

Wand of Unerring Pain (+2 to Attack and Damage; recharge 16+):
When you miss with a spell that targets a single enemy, as a quick action immediately afterward, fire a magical missile that automatically hits that creature for 4d10 force damage.

Quirk: Stares intently, often at nothing.

These are the heirlooms of Mudgett's family. A pair of meat cleavers permanently stained in blood. Both of the cleavers were found buried in Mudgett's mother and father's heads at the butcher shop where they worked. Mudgett retrieved them, and then buried them in the bastard that placed them there himself. Probably the only time that magic was not channeled through them in the 60+ years he's had them. He's never cleaned them.

They've gained the ability to shoot a burst of blood boiling head towards enemies as they please. Mudgett sometimes uses the head to cook chicken when travelling. Mudgett also calls them by the names of his parents. In his right hand is Lavilly and in his left is Samboldt.

Leather Gloves of Brain Siezure

quote:

Gloves of Mind Rot (recharge 6+):
When you hit one or more foes with an arcane spell attack, deal +2d10 psychic damage to one target of the attack.

Quirk: The texture of your skin seems wrong to everyone else, but you know it’s all in their minds and often explain that to them.

A lich owned these gloves. A powerful lich too. He was able to control the minds of a large horde of elves and wreck havoc in the 10th age. However when he had possession of these gloves they were not gloves, but his hands.

Mudgett was able to find them locked in a chest at the bottom of a well in one of the deepest levels of hell. He was there looking for a rare bird that gave the moistest of meat, but only grew in the 3rd level of hell. The bird was picking at the gloves at the bottom of the well when Mudgett found them.

He took both the bird and the gloves, and ate like a king that night.

Elvish Cape

quote:

Elven Cape (Physical defense: +2 PD):
Add +4 to checks to hide in natural surroundings.

Quirk: Prefers the finest things in life; of course, they are elven.)

Mudgett stole this cape off on an Elf. An Elf princess. While she was getting married in a beautiful Elvish wedding to some Elvish Lord.

How you ask? Magic :smug:

Shirt of Brainwall

quote:

Iron Will Shirt (+2 AC):
The default AC bonus applies to Mental Defense as well.

Quirk: Prone to abstract speculation.

This shirt seems to be quite ordinary, except for the fact that it has a large greyish stain painted in the shape of a wall on its front. When smelled, the stain smells of rotting head.

Mudgett acquired this shirt from a wizard who was using it as a set of armor in prize fights. Burly meelers trusted that they could beat the little nerd not wearing any armor, but were surprised when his magic enhanced muscles knocked their socks off. Mudgett entered and took the fight to the next level, by magically increasing the weight of his hands several times what they were supposed to be. This caused the wizard's head to smash open after the first punch, and his brains trickled onto the shirt.

It was gruesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Still not dead! Technically!

We will be starting for realsies Friday! All your poo poo must be done by then!

• Locked thread