Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I'm still here and I think I'm feeling it enough to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

djw175 posted:

I'm still here and I think I'm feeling it enough to come back.

Good! That's still only 4 active members though, I'd like to round it out to a nice six. That seems like a good number.

MustacheRide, now would be a good time for Comrade Bear Spy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spies! Backup coming in! Might work on the stunts a bit more.

Special Agent R .....or Jimmy Neal

High Concept: Spy Enthusiast Made Spy

To say that Jimmy, or Special Agent R as he prefers to be called, is into spies is...an understatement. He's seen every Rhames Cling movie about 6 times and with director's commentary 3 times, he's played every Chrome Cog Firm game, and he considers himself the next Jackson Diede. So imagine his elation when he was brought on to an actual secret agent organization! He's taking his first mission on with an incredible zeal and a bit of nerdiness.

Trouble: A Bit Too Into This

You don't understand, Jimmy is REALLY into this. Even before he joined up, he'd get wrapped up in secret agent fantasies, and he's sure as hell still getting stuck in them now. Unfortunately, a lot of times, he'll prioritize being a cool spy over being a....good spy. It's important that he be kept on a tight leash during missions.

Aspect: A Secret To Everyone...Including Me!

Years of practicing at being a secret agent have made Jimmy really good at the secret part of the job. He's quite good at keeping secrets, and he's a whiz at coming up with a cover story in a pinch. Unfortunately, years of practice means he's REALLY good at this and sometimes ends up confusing his cover stories with reality.

Aspect: I Think I Read This In The Manual

Before coming on the mission, Jimmy carefully studied Sigma's code of operations, following them to a T. In a high-pressure situation, he can come up with the proper regulatory procedure for that situation. However, he will stop at nothing to go through with that procedure, even if it's not the wisest decision.

Aspect: Professional Driver On A Closed Course

What's a spy movie without cool car chases? Ever since he got his license, Jimmy has driven fast, furious, and incredibly recklessly. When you need to get somewhere fast and darn the damage, he's the guy to call. When you need to get somewhere without risk of death, however, you might be better off getting a cab.

Approaches:

Careful: +0
Clever: +3
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +1
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +2

Stunts:

Scout's Honor, I Swear: When Jimmy is trying to create a cover story, he can spend one FP to create the advantage Deep Undercover to strengthen it.

I Remember This From Groundrise!: Once per session, Jimmy can spend one FP to recall a piece of spy fiction that holds the key to getting out of a tight situation.

I Can Talk My Way Out Of This: When negotiation is an option, Jimmy can use Clever in place of a Sneaky roll.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 17, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Doomsayer posted:

MustacheRide, now would be a good time for Comrade Bear Spy.

Hell no, that was a joke. I can't play two characters.

I'll let someone else run with the idea though.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Yes, good, add a Bear Spy and a Spy Nerd to the team :allears:

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'd be interested in throwing down, but I've literally never gotten close to playing FATE, so I wouldn't mind if someone would help me make a character. Anyone mind helping me out/is there a chat room that's active to go to?

Edit: I do have a character concept, I just want to make sure I do things correct, yo.

FAE character a couple posts down!

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 17, 2014

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Close! I probably should've made it more clear: the title is lying, we're actually using Fate Accelerated Edition, as opposed to Fate Core, which is a little different.

The FAE rules are here: http://www.evilhat.com/home/wp-content/uploads/FAE.zip

They're also way simpler than the Fate Core rules, which were already pretty straightforward.

Oh yeah, and that reminds me: we're in #Circadia on Synirc!

For what it's worth, I really like the "Somebody Else's Problem" stunt!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Marty "Peoples" Waterworth

High Concept: Unwillingly side-promoted HR aficionado.

Trouble: Bachelor's in Psychology (Always knows the best way)

Clever (+3)
Sneaky and Flashy (+2)
Quick and Careful (+1)
Forceful (+0)

Aspects:

Bullshitting Delegator: Marty is King of coming off like he knows what he's talking about. He can be a seeming expert on almost anything, and is great at convincing people to take action that's he's CERTAIN will work out. The problem comes when HE has to know or do things: he really, really can't. So, it's really best if you'd take care of this for me, ok?

Bureaucratic Mastermind: If it CAN be done via paperwork, it WILL be done. Every form signed in triplicate, properly punctuated and filed with the appropriate people. He can get the strangest things at appropriate costs from his bizarre corporate network contacts. However, The Machine can work slowly, so that doesn't mean you'll get what you want IMMEDIATELY.

Way Too Good at Talking: Marty can talk up a storm. In fact, it can be darn hard to stop the conversation! On a good note, he can talk to anyone, about anything, for any length of time. On a bad note: his need to network and just general politeness can prevent him from leaving the conversation, causing him to be late and possibly hated by people who were forced to wait for him.

Stunts:

Somebody Else's Problem: Because Marty is so good at avoiding responsibility, once per session someone else may roll for him using their own dice, even if it makes no sense for them to be involved at this time.

Student of People: Because Marty spent all his time Networking instead of studying at school, once per session he may find a person he knows in the strangest of places.

Delaying Action: Because Marty is a master of conversation, once per session Marty may trap someone in a conversation, in any situation, willing or not.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 17, 2014

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

So yeah in IRC I was reminded; here is (I believe, it's hard to keep track :v:) the current roster of active Sigma Protocol agents:

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien: An Actual Anime, unable to keep pants on.

David "Lancehead" Carver: Not Solid Snake.

Leia "The Mole" Finnigan: Crazed survivalist whackjob.

Atticus "Finch" McDoogal: Not Sean Connery, alcoholic.

Bob “Doc” Austerlitz: A PC-turned-DMPC (I'll always wait for you Radioactive Bears!) who drives the van. Not Krieger from Archer.

Did I miss anyone? Ximenez, you still around?

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Oh, poo poo, also, the game thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3592825

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Alright, so that's it?

Well in that case, congrats to our newest recruits:

Marty "Peoples" Waterworth and Jimmy "Agent R" Neal! :toot:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeeeeeeeah!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Feel free to either insert yourselves into the narrative now (you were just standing behind someone the whole time) or we can slot you in after the bank robbery ends.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll just slot myself in after. It'd feel weird putting myself in during and I need to look through the thread so far anyway.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Comrade is not impressed by the lack of bear.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

As per the new rule in OGaK:

If at any point you would like to initiate a fight with someone, just roll an attack against them. Call it a "sucker punch" rule, but that'll make it more explicit when you want to fight, when you want to plotfight, and when you want to talk. So, for example, if you wanted to punch someone to emphasize a point, it's just a normal roll. But, if you want to actually "get in a fight", ie stop talking and just kill a motherfucker, just roll an attack to start the encounter. Enemies that want to kill you will initiate their own combats as per usual.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Dammit, someone in #badwrongfun pointed out that you can pretty easily rename/replace Approaches and that for Sigma Protocol I should've replaced all the Approaches with various spies.

Bond
Bourne
Archer (Stirling)
Archer (Cate)
Thorton (Suave)
Thorton (Shotgun rear end in a top hat)
etc.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm kind of at a loss on what I should do. Do I open fire in these guys in their helicopter of death, or do we proceed back the way we came.

I dunno.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

:black101:

Not to tip my hand but I might have assumed you guys were going to kill him, steal their much sweeter helicopter, and then just have a bitchin' attack chopper. :v:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
B-but there wasn't any cover on the roof :ohdear:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Doomsayer posted:

:black101:

Not to tip my hand but I might have assumed you guys were going to kill him, steal their much sweeter helicopter, and then just have a bitchin' attack chopper. :v:

It's just as "in-genre" to convert the opposition's beautiful lieutenant and steal their fancy toys that way. It's just that typically the lieutenant is a woman.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I think I need to drop out, I'm not even on the chopper anyway. I'll be in a Mexican prison if I regain interest/you guys need me.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

You monster.

Yeah I have to admit I've been lagging pretty bad lately, but I'm hoping that can be chalked up to finals (my last ones ever unless I do something stupid like decide to get a Ph.D :toot:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

NEW PEOPLE POST IN THE THING

• Locked thread