Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Quick question - is there actually such a thing as a good, fun wrestling game on the 360? The feminism thread managed to whet my appetite.
You want WWE All-Stars. Its a wrestling game designed like a fighter instead of trying to simulate REAL WRESTLING or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, absolutely. I play a bit of multiplayer sometimes (nothing for 6 months, then something that catches my eye solidly for a month, then nothing again), so I have never bought a game for its multiplayer, always single player with added multi an occasional bonus (although far outweighed by the times that I wish they had spent the time/resources they wasted on multiplayer which is essentially dead after a month on sharpening or lengthening the single player experience).

What kind of games are you a fan of? And when you say you have been sitting out the generation, do you mean little gaming at all or do you mean that you have been ignoring the consoles but playing a lot of PC games, including stuff that was out on PC and Xbox?

Off the top of my head, games that have a good single player campaign that feel complete without any DLC;

Dishonored, Bioshock series (2 had actually okay multiplayer, and has a short DLC campaigh that is probably better than the main story to be honest, but its still fun enough without it), first 2 arkham games (Asylum and City, City has some silly little DLC but its nothing essential or even particularly great), Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs (Again, has DLC but is a complete game without it), assassins creed 2 trilogy (has DLC and multiplayer but the DLC is crap and the multiplayer is decent enough but doesnt feel like they skimped on the main game to create it), Driver San Francisco, Singularity, Protoype (the sequel is for me a better game, but if you bought it new you got some kind of wierd DLC challenges, and if you dont get them I imagine it would feel a little empty).

I'm also going to cheat and say "Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas Game of the Year Editions" because I love those games and you should play them, but the DLC is generally good. So buy the game of the year editions which have the DLC on the disk.

I'm a dedicated Nintendo handheld guy and even then the only games I buy new are Pokemon and Mario and everything else I pretty much wait on till it gets used. But I grew up playing Doom, MechWarrior 2, Quake. I'd certainly wanna pick up the Marvel Vs Capcom stuff that came out on 360 and Arkam Asylum looks pretty good as well. I'm not completely against sports games but most of them that I've played seem to have convoluted controls, but that could also be because I'm not playing them enough to learn it. I also liked Katamari Damacy when it came out on the PS2 and my understanding was the sequel was a 360 exclusive, I think.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, if you liked Katamari Damacy then you'll definitely want to get Beautiful Katamari, I played the poo poo out of that game. I'm not sure about now but when I got it a couple of years ago, the GOD version was the cheapest I could find at $20. I recall people on the internet raged about it when it first came out because of all the ~*~on disc DLC~*~ but they're only a dollar each and there's 5 or 6 of them. I thought it was a pretty complete game without them anyway.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

raditts posted:

Yeah, if you liked Katamari Damacy then you'll definitely want to get Beautiful Katamari, I played the poo poo out of that game. I'm not sure about now but when I got it a couple of years ago, the GOD version was the cheapest I could find at $20. I recall people on the internet raged about it when it first came out because of all the ~*~on disc DLC~*~ but they're only a dollar each and there's 5 or 6 of them. I thought it was a pretty complete game without them anyway.

Yeah just remember to only buy the level DLC. The other DLC for the game just unlocks some of the Cousins early and is completely worthless.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Just finished playing The Knife of Dunwall DLC for Dishonored. What a great game and this DLC for $5 was totally worth it. I also picked up Brigmore Witches to play through later. I really want to go back back and attempt Ghost/Clean Hands playthroughs on the entire game but that seems pretty daunting!

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

The Duke posted:

Just finished playing The Knife of Dunwall DLC for Dishonored. What a great game and this DLC for $5 was totally worth it. I also picked up Brigmore Witches to play through later. I really want to go back back and attempt Ghost/Clean Hands playthroughs on the entire game but that seems pretty daunting!

It's tough, I did a Ghost/No Kills play-through all the way up to mission 7, but keep failing that and I don't know why :(

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Sale starts today:

Persistent Week-long Offers (26, Nov. – 2, Dec.)

The Bureau XCOM Declassified GonD 67%
Deadpool GonD 40%
God Mode XBLA 50%
Skyrim GOND 50%
Skyrim: Dragonborn Add-on 50%
Skyrim: Dawnguard Add-on 50%
Fallout 3 GOND 50%
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: Point Lookout Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: The Pitt Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: Broken Steel Add-on 66%
Wolfenstein 3D XBLA 75%
The Cave XBLA 75%
Rockstar Table Tennis GonD 66%
Tomb Raider GonD 50%
Sleeping Dogs GonD 38%
Mark of the Ninja XBLA 66%
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition Add-on 66%
Runner 2 XBLA 50%
Sacred Citadel XBLA 50%
Deadblock XBLA 75%
Motocross Madness XBLA 75%
Dust XBLA 66%
AMY XBLA 50%
Metro Last Light GonD 50%
Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords XBLA 70%
Puzzle Quest Galatix XBLA 57%

Black Friday 1-Day Offers (29, Nov. only)

Diablo III (US, CA & MX only) GonD 33%
WWE 2K14 GonD GonD 33%
WWE 2K14 Accelerator DLC Add-on 50%
Halo 4 Champions Bundle Add-on 50%
Rayman Legends GonD 50%
Magic 2014 XBLA 50%
Spider-Man: Edge of Time GonD 67%
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe GonD 67%
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions GonD 67%
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows GonD 67%
X-Men: Destiny GonD 50%
X-Men: Origins Wolverine GonD 67%
X-Men: The Official Game GonD 67%
Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisien GonD 66%
Onechanbara GonD 80%

Cyber Monday 1-Day Offers (2, Dec. Only)

Far Cry Blood Dragon XBLA 75%
Red Dead Redemption GonD 75%
The Witcher 2 GOND 75%
Dark Souls GOND 75%
BattleBlock Theater XBLA 67%
Rayman Origins GonD 50%
L.A. Noire GonD 75%
Fast and Furious: Showdown GonD 75%
Men in Black: Alien Crisis GonD 75%

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Was that Deadpool game any good? I don't remember hearing anything about it when it came out.

Also, seeing that Mark of the Ninja DLC makes me realize I never went back and finished the game. I got to the last level and was distracted by something else. The DLC might inspire me to go back.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dark Arisen for about ten bucks on Friday? Great!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

EC posted:

Was that Deadpool game any good? I don't remember hearing anything about it when it came out.

Nope.

I own a used copy of vanilla Dragon's Dogma on disc, but Dark Arisen is clearly the superior one to play, right?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yep, it's literally Dragon's Dogma plus Addon.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

ZeeBoi posted:

Nope.

I own a used copy of vanilla Dragon's Dogma on disc, but Dark Arisen is clearly the superior one to play, right?

Start the game and play through the tutorial. A save from the original gets you cool stuff in Arisen.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
Can I get that Dragon's Dogma deal from Amazon in Australia or are the codes region locked or something.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Tgent posted:

Can I get that Dragon's Dogma deal from Amazon in Australia or are the codes region locked or something.

Those deals are through the Xbox live website and dashboard...so no?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Skychrono posted:

Start the game and play through the tutorial. A save from the original gets you cool stuff in Arisen.

Yeah I already did that so I'm good to go on Dark Arisen. ;)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I was excited about 50% off Rayman Legends until I saw that that's still $30 :/ Guess I'll hold out for the winter sale on Steam, since they've already had it on sale for less than that.

Dragon's Dogma I've wanted to play for a while though, think I might jump on that one.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Houdini posted:

Sale starts today:

Persistent Week-long Offers (26, Nov. – 2, Dec.)

Black Friday 1-Day Offers (29, Nov. only)

Cyber Monday 1-Day Offers (2, Dec. Only)

Meanwhile, in Europe:

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Douche4Sale posted:

Those deals are through the Xbox live website and dashboard...so no?

Sorry not sure what i was thinking there, must have confused it with the steam thread. I guess since its a black Friday deal i probably won't be able to get it in Australia.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If any of you decide to buy Diablo 3 on Black Friday, you should be made aware that it looks like Blizzard has no plans to release Reaper of Souls for the 360/ps3 versions. Just next-gen.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I said come in! posted:

If any of you decide to buy Diablo 3 on Black Friday, you should be made aware that it looks like Blizzard has no plans to release Reaper of Souls for the 360/ps3 versions. Just next-gen.

That said, the 360 version is super good. I'll probably end up double-dipping for the PS4 version when the expansion comes out, but the wife and I have been playing on the 360 quite a bit. So much fun killing demons!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EC posted:

That said, the 360 version is super good. I'll probably end up double-dipping for the PS4 version when the expansion comes out, but the wife and I have been playing on the 360 quite a bit. So much fun killing demons!

Yep! The current version on consoles is still very good. Just something to consider if you do want RoS eventually.

If any of you have the PC version too, and you haven't been keeping up to date on what has been happening, patch 2.0 goes up on the PTR by the end of the year and adds many of the features that make the console version so good, plus a bunch of other really cool stuff like adventure mode, which lets you bypass the storyline.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

Mother fucker this pisses me off. :mad:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Has State of Decay ever gone on sale (or is it a good bet that it will by Christmas?)

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I said come in! posted:

Yep! The current version on consoles is still very good. Just something to consider if you do want RoS eventually.

If any of you have the PC version too, and you haven't been keeping up to date on what has been happening, patch 2.0 goes up on the PTR by the end of the year and adds many of the features that make the console version so good, plus a bunch of other really cool stuff like adventure mode, which lets you bypass the storyline.

Are all of the features of the expansion coming to the console versions? Adventure mode sounds sweet.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I know I'm like, a year late with this, but just finished The Walking Dead and seriously holy poo poo! I mean the 'game' part of the game is fairly weak but I don't think I've ever been so sucked into the story, some of the choices were really tough. Season 2 launches next month right?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

So does it make it so you don't have to rely on the auction house for good items and not load the game remotely and the other less... good stuff I've heard about the PC version?

MZ posted:

I know I'm like, a year late with this, but just finished The Walking Dead and seriously holy poo poo! I mean the 'game' part of the game is fairly weak but I don't think I've ever been so sucked into the story, some of the choices were really tough. Season 2 launches next month right?

I don't know about season 2, but don't forget about the DLC that bridges the seasons.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That DD is so bought.

I could really use a regular Dogma save file though. :smith:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

raditts posted:

So does it make it so you don't have to rely on the auction house for good items and not load the game remotely and the other less... good stuff I've heard about the PC version?

There is no AH in the console version and Blizzard is axing the AH from the PC version. Drop rates and levels have been modified to account for that. Playing solo I've reached Master III (Monster 5-6 equivalent) and doing some hellacious damage. The game plays much better than the PC version even when you're playing by yourself.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Still no Minecraft on sale. gently caress you, Microsoft.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

So I just now got around to play the demo for Asura's Wrath, and, well, what the gently caress? How did I miss this so completely? Is the rest of the game as amazingly over-the-top ridiculous as the demo fights?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, but a lot of people don't like it as there's not a whole lot that you actually do. The combat never gets deeper than it does in those fights and the fights are widely separated by long QTE sequences and equally shallow rail shooting.

If you want a really substantial, polished brawler that also has a ton of crazy poo poo constantly happening around you, play Bayonetta or Revengeance.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

haveblue posted:

If you want a really substantial, polished brawler that also has a ton of crazy poo poo constantly happening around you, play Bayonetta or Revengeance.

I have both already (as well as Vanquish and God Hand for Platinum folks stuff).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EC posted:

Are all of the features of the expansion coming to the console versions? Adventure mode sounds sweet.

Blizzard has only announced this stuff for the PS4 version.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
GTA 5 (360 and PS3) is $34 on Amazon right now.

I still need to pick it up but tend to refuse to buy myself things before christmas. I'm sure it would be a fine pickup for anybody sitting and waiting on the next gen though.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Iron Beagle posted:

GTA 5 (360 and PS3) is $34 on Amazon right now.

I still need to pick it up but tend to refuse to buy myself things before christmas. I'm sure it would be a fine pickup for anybody sitting and waiting on the next gen though.

Yep, grabbed this today - this game and Dark Souls 2 are the main reasons I'm just sticking with the ol' 360 until Xmas 2014, when I'll start considering an XBone.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I said come in! posted:

Blizzard has only announced this stuff for the PS4 version.

As a very happy PS4 owner, this makes me happy. :D

Meanwhile the 360 is my Netflix device of choice because I can use my remote with it. Why Sony has turned against IR capability in their last two consoles I'll never understand.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Double Fine is rereleasing Psychonauts, Costume Quest, and Stacking on disc at retail next year: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130022-Double-Fine-Reclaims-Costume-Quest-and-Stacking

Escapist posted:

"I am pleased that we have regained full control over Costume Quest and Stacking, following a daring and top-secret midnight raid on the Nordic Games headquarters in Vienna," Schafer said in a statement. Terms of the deal weren't revealed, but Nordic CEO Lars Wingefors suggested that it was in fact an amicable arrangement. "I feel compelled to point out that we were happy to transfer distribution rights for Costume Quest and Stacking back to Double Fine in an entirely non-secretive and heist-free manner," he said.

With the two games back in Double Fine's hands, the studio is joining with Nordic for a retail release of both, as well as the cult classic Psychonauts, planned for the first half of 2014. It will be the first non-digital release for both Costume Quest and Stacking.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I should probably play through Psychonauts when that re-release comes out, right? I've been hearing goons praise the game for years, but I only played the demo of it on PC, never the full game. I don't even really remember if I liked the demo or not anymore, honestly. 2005 seems like so long ago.

I frequently see it on Steam sales for less than $10, though, so maybe I should just buy it on PC.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How is the Mark of the Ninja DLC? I just bought the whole package, because the DLC was like a buck fifty, but I'm surprised to see there's like nothing written about it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blast Fantasto posted:

How is the Mark of the Ninja DLC? I just bought the whole package, because the DLC was like a buck fifty, but I'm surprised to see there's like nothing written about it anywhere.

It's really short but it also adds developer commentary and some neat alternate items and abilities that you can use in the main game too.

• Locked thread