Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wisp
May 17, 2010

Glad to see someone playing Discworld Noir. It's a shame this game is so obscure, because it's actually got a pretty great plot and some nice puzzle design.

McKilligan posted:

I'd recommend anyone who wants to keeps things in chronological order to start with Guards! Guards!, as that's a great spot from which to see Ankh-Morpork slowly evolve and develope, along with it's characters. But of course, you could start just about anywhere, but Vimes is so much better when you've kept up with his arc.

I started with Guards! Guards! and never regretted it. If you're new to Discworld and end up liking Noir, in fact, the early Vimes books might especially be a good place to start - they're got a similar style to this game, just more police procedural than noir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wisp
May 17, 2010

The talking seems fine to me. The dialogue sections are usually pretty still anyway, so it's not like there's that much you can do to break the text up visually.

For what it's worth, Captain Jenkins is a minor character in Jingo, in which the Milka gets commandeered by Vimes for a quick voyage. Scoplett gets a name check at the beginning of Jingo, too - apparently he's spending time in the Watch cells "on a charge of being Naughtily Drunk."

Bacter posted:

I really, really like the choice for Nobby's voice actor. It would have been too simple to have it just be a squeaky, weasel-y guy. Having him sound dark and conspiratorial gives some credence to this character, who is actually quite useful in this game.

I'm pretty sure Nobby and Lewton are both voiced by Rob Brydon. Brydon does a really good job in this game.

• Locked thread