Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love that they put all this effort into something that wasn't even going to stick for a month ever anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
They should bring him but make him different. Pet Semetary different. Or like that horrible clone Bitch Stewie made.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Make it the same Brian, just voiced by someone else. Like Jon Stewart or something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Just make him a regular dog, can't talk, walks on all fours, etc.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Im more disappointed that so many news outlets talked about it at all.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Uncle Wemus posted:

Im more disappointed that so many news outlets talked about it at all.

Slow news week.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Into Harmony’s Way

When Peter and Quagmire discover that their singing voices create beautiful harmony together, they form a singing/songwriting team, in the vein of Simon and Garfunkel.
However, tensions run high when fame gets to Peter’s head.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Oh and Brian comes back to life or some loving poo poo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Grin and Tonic posted:

Oh and Brian comes back to life or some loving poo poo.

That's next week

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

It'll be a shame if Vinny ends up being really funny, but no one gives a poo poo because we're all baffled/angry about the Brian stuff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Ha, Vinny in the opening credits.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You're not fooling anyone, Seth.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Did I hear Mort right when he said "JewTube"? :ughh:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Celebrate like girls in our 20's

LOL WERE SO RANDOM

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Macrame_God posted:

:sigh:

Yes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Okay, I'm officially sick of Vinny.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Argyle posted:

It'll be a shame if Vinny ends up being really funny, but no one gives a poo poo because we're all baffled/angry about the Brian stuff.

Well we won't have to worry about that.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Goodbye, Vinny. You were kind of sort of okay in the first episode.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Okay, I'm officially sick of Vinny.

Yeah, I don't care all that much for him either. Then again, I'm not too concerned about where they plan on taking Family Guy. I only tuned in because Bob's Burgers came on first.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

The Grimace posted:

Goodbye, Vinny. You were kind of sort of okay in the first episode.

I just hope your death is slow and extremely violent.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The flu shot gag was okay but overall this is dire as usual.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Remember, these are the jokes that made it past the censors.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Mister Kingdom posted:

I just hope your death is slow and extremely violent.

Kind of like Brian's, I guess? :gbsmith:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

The Grimace posted:

Second Brian, yes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Grimace posted:

How much I bet it will be some Chrono Trigger like thing, where Brian gets Vinny swapped with Brian or some poo poo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I haven't tuned in for a while (just been busy), and it wasn't that bad, but it was typical Family Guy. The ending joke was quite dark and funny: "As we all know, life after fame is even better than before!" *BLAM*

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Something I think would be an interesting experiment is if Brian was brought back, but Vinny wasn't removed.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, by chance, I rewatched the slurm episode of Futurama. In it, one of the plot points was to introduce New Slurm(TM) then reintroduce old slurm as Classic Slurm(TM) to high fanfare a la Coca-Cola's failure to reinvent their flagship drink.

All that to say, is Vinny New Brian in order to both drum up FG support and sort of say, "It could always be worse"?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

BreakAtmo posted:

Something I think would be an interesting experiment is if Brian was brought back, but Vinny wasn't removed.

Brian comes back, family has two dogs. Chris gets killed off next episode and is replaced with a third dog.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Brian comes back, family has two dogs. Chris gets killed off next episode and is replaced with a third dog.

Meg is killed off, replaced with a female dog (also called Meg and still voiced by Mila Kunis) simply so they have an excuse to call her a bitch and wave their "IT'S A LEGITIMATE USE OF THE WORD" finger at the censors.

Manta
Jul 22, 2007

They were being serous when Peter killed himself at the end. Next week he is replaced by Lois's new boyfriend "Ivan" a zany but lovable Russian stereotype.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ivan is also a dog.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Macrame_God posted:

Well, it is a legitimate site and has been for years. I remember finding some interesting, Israeli videos there back in the day. For all I know, it's a good site not infused by politics and religion (it probably is).

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

Manta posted:

They were being serous when Peter killed himself at the end. Next week he is replaced by Lois's new boyfriend "Ivan" a zany but lovable Russian stereotype.

And then they keep killing off all the characters until the entire animated cast is replaced, week by week. Then just continue the new show as if nothing has happened (with the new characters).

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

PowerBuilder3 posted:

And then they keep killing off all the characters until the entire animated cast is replaced, week by week. Then just continue the new show as if nothing has happened (with the new characters).

Have them move to Texas, rename it Bordertown

Oh wait

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Manta posted:

All the hyper over killing off Brian was just to keep the very real death of Peter under wraps.

The Family Guy is literally dead.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Sitting here at work and all I can think of is that goddamn Butter on a Pop Tart song.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

All the hyper over killing off Brian was just to keep the very real death of Peter under wraps.

The Family Guy is literally dead.

Honestly my "respect" for the writers might go up slightly if this was the case.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PowerBuilder3 posted:

And then they introduce human Brian and the parrerel timeline from "Road to the Multiverse" is revealed to be the future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

And then they introduce human Brian and the parrerel timeline from "Road to the Multiverse" is revealed to be the future!

Crisis On Infinite Quahogs

• Locked thread