Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Hectic morning getting all the new graphics together, editing the blooper reel and posting update #3

unseenlibrarian posted:

Like many others in the thread, I'm a Bad Mother. And I snagged one of the backer icons with an appropriate quote, as for some reason I've been reading through the six million dollar man wiki off and on as this went live. (I am totally idea-mining.)

I dig it.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I like the $19,770 stretch goal. More art is always awesome and would be cooler than all those photos in the playtest version (assuming you can even legally use them for a commercial product).

Yeah the photos of TV and Movie characters are out but the chapter headings are all public domain. They're from the DOCUMERICA project, which is really fascinating. From 1971 until 1977 the EPA paid some of the countries best photojournalists to go out and document the state of the American environment, but being photojournalists they documented a lot more than that capturing all aspects of life in the 1970s. It's been an invaluable asset to me during this project and because all the images are owned by the government we can use them freely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm IN

Do you have any ideas to implement tokens for Holds and poo poo like that? I love fiddly bits

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

signalnoise posted:

I'm IN

Do you have any ideas to implement tokens for Holds and poo poo like that? I love fiddly bits

Probably not for this kickstarter but maybe in the future. I would love 70's themed poker chips, but I don't think our audience is big enough yet to justify the cost of setup on something like that.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
How about a luchador mask for the GM? Something like the Evil Balaclava from War on Terror.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We get two more adventure PDFs now, as the KS just hit $12,500.

I like the titles. Beast: Bound and Down and Jukebox Villains. :haw:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So I was messing around with the playtest doc and froze up on trying to do a particular fictional character:

Would Remo Williams be an Ex-badge or a Kung Fu Tough Guy?

(I actually lean towards Ex-badge because obviously Kung Fu is inferior to the power of Sinanju, but.)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Update:
An official update will be coming tomorrow when I'm at home.

We hit stretch goal #3 and are currently at $15k. Hopefully we can get Stretch Goal #4 by the end of the weekend.

We've got a bunch of interviews and let's play with various podcasts coming up, David ran a game for one last night and they all had a ball.

Also, this might happen here, if I can get caught up on everything else.

unseenlibrarian posted:

So I was messing around with the playtest doc and froze up on trying to do a particular fictional character:

Would Remo Williams be an Ex-badge or a Kung Fu Tough Guy?

(I actually lean towards Ex-badge because obviously Kung Fu is inferior to the power of Sinanju, but.)

Remo definitely starts out as a former badge, and then picks up Kung-Fu moves as he levels up.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Are you actually making a CYOA book or is that just the cover of one of the Adventure PDFs? :haw:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are you actually making a CYOA book or is that just the cover of one of the Adventure PDFs? :haw:

If I have time I'll run a CYOA here on the forums.

Although using it for an adventure cover might happen too. :)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh, I forgot CYOAs were catching on here.

Also, you better make that $19,770 goal! As much as I like that cover image, it'd look kinda silly to have it on all the supplements. :v:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh, I forgot CYOAs were catching on here.

Also, you better make that $19,770 goal! As much as I like that cover image, it'd look kinda silly to have it on all the supplements. :v:

The $19,770 goal will be for black and white interior artwork. We plan on doing another goal to increase the art budget a second time so we don't have to re-use our core book art in the expansion. Then our big goal (probably at $77,777) will be to go full color interior art for the entire core book (and upgrading all the existing backers to color books.

With the amount of interest we've been getting I'm confident we'll get the first two art goals, and hopeful we'll get the third.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, less than a thousand bucks till the $19,770 goal. Probably won't make it before the end of the weekend, it'll get there within a day or two.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I don't know what we did but Sunday was a good day, almost double the backers from Saturday. We're $750 short of the goal, I wouldn't be surprised if we make it by the time I get up in the morning.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

How long has this been in the ad pool? :v:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How long has this been in the ad pool? :v:

Long enough for me to see it and show some people around the office. There are at least three more donors coming in tonight!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Groovy! We just hit our art goal!

I put a single ad up on Tuesday. I can't be sure how many referrals it produced by itself (as opposed to this thread and the Kickstarter thread), but SA is still one of my biggest sources of backers.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Saw this one today and immediately thought she'd make a killer character.

Kathleen Neal Cleaver is a Vigilante who's One Bad Mother searching for The Truth

Kinda wish there was some kind of revolutionary buzz.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

We're two weeks in and a new update on the Kickstarter today.

Part two of our video is up.

Hope everyone digs it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

We've got 9 days remaining on the Kickstarter, we'll have an official update tomorrow announcing the next stretch goal and such.

For now I thought people might want to see some of the things we're working on for the expansion book.

These aren't final, so if anyone has feedback or suggestions feel free to post them.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Bucnasti posted:

These aren't final, so if anyone has feedback or suggestions feel free to post them.

One comment on the Gonzo Journalist: I'll Make You Famous implies that the threat/promise of a story can only be leverage if you have that move, which doesn't seem right. Threatening to put the bad guy's misdeeds on the front page is just too natural a source of leverage to lock behind a role move like that.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

One comment on the Gonzo Journalist: I'll Make You Famous implies that the threat/promise of a story can only be leverage if you have that move, which doesn't seem right. Threatening to put the bad guy's misdeeds on the front page is just too natural a source of leverage to lock behind a role move like that.

That's a very good point. I'll re-work it. Thanks.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What's "rolling with spirit?"

Also, Stuntman has a few too many +1 moves. I'd either combine Burn Baby Burn and Fireproof or one of them with Crash Helmet. A default safety move and 3 alt ones seems like a lot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

He probably meant roll Soul.

Also, Bucnasti, how about a photography related move for the Journalist? Given our repeated mentions of Documerica. :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Saw this a few days ago, backed it up for hard copies baby. I've got a co-worker who's never watched Shaft, this is a perfect introduction to the 70s. I only wish I had more of an obsession for the era to appreciate a lot of the stuff, but I can probably whip up a story here or there.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Looks like I'll be doing a Q&A session in the #RPGnet chatroom if anyone wants to check it out. Tonight at 5:00 PST. Which is about 15 minutes from now.

http://tinyurl.com/rpgnetchat

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
48 hours to go!

In really sorry guys, but as a Uk resident I cannot justify getting the BAD Mother backer level. I would love to help you guys get that last 8000 but I just cannot face the doubling in price. That aside, you're almost there!!!!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Druggeddwarf posted:

48 hours to go!

In really sorry guys, but as a Uk resident I cannot justify getting the BAD Mother backer level. I would love to help you guys get that last 8000 but I just cannot face the doubling in price. That aside, you're almost there!!!!

Thank you sir, I understand the situation. International shipping is such a bitch right now.

I was really hoping to get to 1000 backers, but it looks like I'll have to settle for 750 or so.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
I recently backed this awesome kickstarter due to the amazing artwork and also want to run it.

Anyway, I thumbed the pdf and enjoyed what I read so far. I do have a question if you have a list of movies that would prime my players to the setting and get into the game (Sorry if this was already in the book). I was thinking of Taxi Driver, Dirty Harry, Enter the Dragon, and Death Wish. Do you have any other recommendations?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ramba Ral posted:

I recently backed this awesome kickstarter due to the amazing artwork and also want to run it.

Anyway, I thumbed the pdf and enjoyed what I read so far. I do have a question if you have a list of movies that would prime my players to the setting and get into the game (Sorry if this was already in the book). I was thinking of Taxi Driver, Dirty Harry, Enter the Dragon, and Death Wish. Do you have any other recommendations?

Awesome, thanks for your support.

I think we've had this discussion before but I'm always happy to spout off about my favorite 70's movies. I thought I put a list in the OP, but I'm apparently dumb. I'll get one up soonish.

Until then, you've got a good list to start with, some other good ones to check out in no particular order:
Shaft - The original One Bad Mother
The Warriors - The primary inspiration for the Bopper Role
Smokey and the Bandit - Burt Reynolds as the archetypal Good Old Boy
Any Which Way But Loose - Clint Eastwood plays a great Tough Guy with a pet ape
Velvet Goldmine - Everything Glam and Rocker
Westworld and Futureworld - Good Examples of X-Tech
Shampoo - Warren Beatty as the best Honeypot ever
The Long Goodbye - Phillip Marlow story set in 1972

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I couldn't not back it after the playtest (sorry I flaked on it). Looking forward to seeing what's in the expansion.

re: movies, Cutter's Way struck me as a really So77 movie, even if it came out four years too late, starring a Vet Sleuth and a Humble Honeypot.

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"
I backed this (really rather) late, but still! I had to do it just based on the concept alone, not to mention the art and all that. I'm pretty excited for this game, even if my players mostly seem a little lukewarm/extremely confused by the idea of it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

40 minutes left on the kickstarter!

OMG LAST MINUTE PLEDGES

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Congratulations. To bad it didn't hit 40, but oh well.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

In celebration, a youtube playlist of NFL Films music. Funky and perfect for action scenes or dramatic moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHd9Vr772G8

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

If you're a backer, check your email, links to the pledge manager went out today.

If you're not a backer, never fear, you can pre-order here: https://spiritof77game.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

So I feel I have to tell you, I mentioned this game to a bunch of my roleplaying buddies and the GM's eyes just LIT UP. Can't wait to get the book :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
We ran a few sessions of Spirit of 77 back in July and August for the Rolling Intentions podcast and they're starting to be added to the website now. The first episode with character creation runs about 27 minutes and can be found here:

http://rpgbg.blogspot.ca/

The first Rolling Intentions actual play session can be previewed via the link on the Spirit of 77 website:

http://spiritof77game.com/spirit-of-77-around-the-web/

• Locked thread