Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Sexual Lorax posted:

A sassy answer would be "That currently exists in game--abuse the bulletin board at Ithaca until you have enough money to buy anything you want".

More seriously, trying before you buy would take away what I see as one of the game's prime motivators for doing pretty much anything. Personally, I like the way Frontier's setting up their universe so far. They put stuff there, players learn how to use it by trial and error, and players can share information if they so choose.

Speaking of which, I'd like to propose the first Guild Navigators group effort: making some kind of trade spreadsheet for the more space truckin' (come awn) minded of us. I don't have a finished product in mind, but I would loving love to have a group updated Google spreadsheet to help me find better trade routes. I'd take the time to update quantities and prices of supply in each system I visit. The demand side would be a huge pain in the rear end to keep up to date, so I'm leaning towards not caring enough to do a drat thing about it.

My current process is to take and rename screenshots of the commodity screens of each new place I visit. It sucks. If the mood in here is that something like this sounds less retarded than not bothering at all, I'll whip a first draft of something together in a Private Games thread and link it here. If the mood is that this is stupid and I'm stupid, throw your rotten vegetables, and I'll keep limping through solo.

What say you, Guild Navigators?

I would contribute to this once they unfuck trading. The spice credits must flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

KiddieGrinder posted:

I laughed. :)

Seriously though that looks awesome. It's got a very early 90's tech vibe to it, I like it a lot. Only thing that bugs me is I can't get an immediate sense of scale. I can't tell if the thing is supposed to be super huge or the size of a midsize car. I can imagine a person lying down inside the center of it, like a floating tanning bed. :confused:

When I first looked at it I figured those blobs were swimming pools and it was literally supposed to be cruise liner sized and in essence.

Now I'm not sure if they're just a fancy paintjob or what. Still, I think its like cruise liner sized, yeah.

Welcome to Fhloston Paradise!

Its gonna be HOT HOT HOT!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Near the keel looks like a line of windows with the cockpit being at the tip of the bow. So I would estimate the size of a mega yacht.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wasn't that on the size comparison chart that showed up in a newsletter a while back?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

The spice must flow :)

Also there's that app that does the work for you, so you don't need to take screenshots or build a database. Or at least it worked last I checked.

Where's that link...

Last I checked, Frontier slammed that door pretty hard with Beta 2.

I even made a small effort towards OCR of commodity screenshots to automate it. Now I understand why the background of that screen is so busy. poo poo don't OCR so well, to put it mildly. I'll let consensus simmer here a bit before making that Private Games thread.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Mr Darcy posted:

You wanna post a screenshot of your outfitting screen?

I jumped to another system which let me trade my 2nd tier armor to the stock one, and that apparently fixed it. I guess I needed to be 15+ tons under maximum engine capacity? The funny thing is that after flying back to Styx and buying the upgrades I wanted, the game was fine with letting me buy the same armor.

Now I managed to sell my small sized multicannons and put a couple of medium overcharged gimballed ones in their place. They really tear poo poo up, a shield-less sidewinder dies in around half a magazine.
I put some overcharged gimballed beam lasers in the small slot and they suck; they keep missing the target when they do manage to hit it takes them ages to strip shields. I think I'll just put some burst lasers there instead.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sexual Lorax posted:

Last I checked, Frontier slammed that door pretty hard with Beta 2.

I even made a small effort towards OCR of commodity screenshots to automate it. Now I understand why the background of that screen is so busy. poo poo don't OCR so well, to put it mildly. I'll let consensus simmer here a bit before making that Private Games thread.

Ah yeah, duh. I'm not thinking.

And the aberration and warping is probably going to make OCR really hard--- Oh wait, duh, just don't play in VR. Still really hard though...

Hey man if you wanna set up an excel sheet then I can try to add to it :)

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Zaphod42 posted:

When I first looked at it I figured those blobs were swimming pools and it was literally supposed to be cruise liner sized and in essence.

Now I'm not sure if they're just a fancy paintjob or what. Still, I think its like cruise liner sized, yeah.

Welcome to Fhloston Paradise!

Its gonna be HOT HOT HOT!

The upper deck appears to be a golf course? (???) (what)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Stanko-Prussian posted:

The upper deck appears to be a golf course? (???) (what)

Haha, it does. But if you look at the sideways/under shot, you can still see those pools/golfcourses at an angle.

So its just like a really really loving weird style of window tint.

My guess is they were going for some kind of organic / literally Orca style paintjob, which didn't quite work out completely.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Zaphod42 posted:

Haha, it does. But if you look at the sideways/under shot, you can still see those pools/golfcourses at an angle.

My guess is they were going for some kind of organic / literally Orca style paintjob, which didn't quite work out completely.

Whoa you're right, I didn't notice that at all.

What an odd paint/tint job. :what:

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Zaphod42 posted:

I suspect it might be supposed to be reflections of whatever's around it before it was trimmed and put on the grey background, but now i really want it to be a golf course.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Zaphod42 posted:

The spice must flow :)

Also there's that app that does the work for you, so you don't need to take screenshots or build a database. Or at least it worked last I checked.

Where's that link...

this one works for me http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

it also tells you how many jumps to a certain system based on your maximum Jump Range

of course sometimes it's wonky, and tells you to buy 20 titanium in a station that only ever has 1 (I guess it's the game's fault rather than the app's), but it mostly works fine at least for the worlds near the starting area

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 16, 2014

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Don't Ask posted:

I jumped to another system which let me trade my 2nd tier armor to the stock one, and that apparently fixed it. I guess I needed to be 15+ tons under maximum engine capacity? The funny thing is that after flying back to Styx and buying the upgrades I wanted, the game was fine with letting me buy the same armor.

Now I managed to sell my small sized multicannons and put a couple of medium overcharged gimballed ones in their place. They really tear poo poo up, a shield-less sidewinder dies in around half a magazine.
I put some overcharged gimballed beam lasers in the small slot and they suck; they keep missing the target when they do manage to hit it takes them ages to strip shields. I think I'll just put some burst lasers there instead.

Yeah, the game acts weird at times. After I'd upgraded my thrusters I bunged in what I thought was a better frame shift drive.

My jump range went down from Viper default to about 5 light years

Then it wouldn't let me get out of station mass lock range, even at 100km distance. And of course the station didn't have any other drives I could use.

Logged in the next day and the range was up to 12.79 light years.

I am sorta hoping it'll go up again when I log in today.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TorakFade posted:

this one works for me http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

it also tells you how many jumps to a certain system based on your maximum Jump Range

of course sometimes it's wonky, and tells you to buy 20 titanium in a station that only ever has 1 (I guess it's the game's fault rather than the app's), but it mostly works fine at least for the worlds near the starting area

elitetradingtool.co.uk is hand curated through manual data entry, someone has to pore over commodity screens and enter the numbers and commodities for each station by hand. It is bound to be a bit off.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mr Darcy posted:

Yeah, the game acts weird at times. After I'd upgraded my thrusters I bunged in what I thought was a better frame shift drive.

Then it wouldn't let me get out of station mass lock range, even at 100km distance. And of course the station didn't have any other drives I could use.

This seems to be a bug relating to upgrading the FSD. When I bought a new FSD for my Eagle I was stuck in a permanent mass lock and had to quit and start again before I could jump. The issue has never reappeared.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

This seems to be a bug relating to upgrading the FSD. When I bought a new FSD for my Eagle I was stuck in a permanent mass lock and had to quit and start again before I could jump. The issue has never reappeared.
Every time I upgrade the FSD I have to quit to the main menu and then load back in the game for it to work properly.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Edit: ^^^^ drat you, Kropotkin :argh:

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

It happens every time you upgrade the FSD in beta 2. I say that, I eventually stopped checking to see if it still happened and now just quit to main menu every time I upgrade the drive.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

radintorov posted:

Every time I upgrade the FSD I have to quit to the main menu and then load back in the game for it to work properly.

I want to say that it didn't happen when I had a Cobra, but I honestly can't remember if I upgraded the drive. Or assuming I did, that I didn't have to quit out for some reason straight after.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Darcy posted:

I want to say that it didn't happen when I had a Cobra, but I honestly can't remember if I upgraded the drive. Or assuming I did, that I didn't have to quit out for some reason straight after.
Unfortunately I never upgraded the FSD on the Cobra before I decided to go back to the Eagle (which I'm loving, now that it has some range), but the FSD never all the times I upgraded it on the Sidewinder and when I did it on the Eagle a few days ago, I noticed that the jump distances in the Outfitting screen also didn't update so I just quit and loaded back in without even bothering to launch.
And speaking of the Eagle, I'm shocked that I manage to fly it with all the stuff I put on it despite still using a class H Power Plant: I really need to find a better one.

E: and managed to find one. A Class G Power Plant. Oh well, it's still an additional 0.8MW of power. :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 16, 2014

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Hey other Rifters, my VR is being delivered today, what is the process of getting the dk2 up and working in elite? Do I still need to pause the service?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Didn't it used to be that when you crashed your ship, you came back at whatever station you last docked at? When did this change?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Slimy Hog posted:

Didn't it used to be that when you crashed your ship, you came back at whatever station you last docked at? When did this change?

I was actually going to ask - how do you change your "home" station, which is really the same question I suppose.

Not that I mind ending up back in an Eranin research outpost every time I die, it's a good location, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll think that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
You come back at the last station you docked at (which annoys me because your escape pod is supposed to take you to the closest station) unless you choose "free sidewinder" in which case you end up back at Azeban Orbital.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Well, I went and did it. All you pewpew mans shooters are welcome to start your own thread. :sicknasty:

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Mr Darcy posted:

had almost the exact same experience with a cobra frame shift drive upgrade

Upgraded drive (c4 F to c4 D), jump range went from 9.7 to 9.2 LY :(

Undocked, couldn't get out of masslock.

Relogged, could get out of masslock fine, ship showed 20LY range!! Jump didn't work.

Relogged, no masslock problems, new range 12.9 LY. Has stayed stable there.

TL;DR: I think things are buggy for a couple relogs when you upgrade your frame shift drive in sometimes.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
Demand for coffee, another constant in the universe.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Sexual Lorax posted:

Well, I went and did it. All you pewpew mans shooters are welcome to start your own thread. :sicknasty:

What perfect timing, since I just finished this..

Second Impressions - Zorgon-Peterson Hauler - Get In The Van

I'll be perfectly honest, the Zorgon-Peterson Hauler - known as the plain 'Hauler' or affectionately called the 'space van' or 'bread van' - is probably the least.. let's say 'exciting' ship option currently in the beta. Priced at an affordable 24,000 credits, the Hauler is a dedicated transport ship, and the third-cheapest ship in the game (directly after the free Sidewinder and the zippy budget fighter, Eagle).

Appearance

I'll be entirely honest - the Hauler looks like the Space Shuttle had a baby with my father's old Ford Transit. The craft's basic shape is a fat, wedge-like shuttle with short stubby wings and stabilizer fins near the rear end of it. From the running lights, maintenance panels and exposed cabling along its sides to the ladder rungs, handles and attachment points for cargo straps festooning its hull and even its thick, stout landing grippers, the ship has a very distinct aesthetic . It's not fancy or sophisticated - it gets you where you need to go, when you need to go, and brings all your luggage with it. In a universe full of sleek futuristic space fighters, the Hauler has a distinctly civilian, get-it-done feel to it - it almost feels like it wouldn't really look out of place sitting at a modern parking lot right next to an eighteen-wheeler. The default paintjob is a simple and neat cool grayish white, with the lift and control surfaces and the lower half of the hull painted black, very much reminiscent of the Space Shuttle.

Cockpit

The Hauler's cockpit is.. well, big. It's spacious and feels like the cab of a van or a small truck. The dashbopard is done in light gray and creamy-brown plastic, sculpted into rounded, smoothed shapes, with circular AC vents jutting out the top. The side panels appear to be full of little sealed compartments for stashing tools, small packages and the like, while the floor and most other horizontal surfaces have rubbery-looking pads for a stable grip. A number of LED-illuminated handles make an appearance on the walls and the ceiling, presumably to make zero-G navigation easier. Neat, clean and utilitarian.

The canopy, meanwhile, is relatively wide but not particularly tall - rather like the windscreen of a truck. It curves a short distance to the sides of the cockpit, but doesn't extend far upwards - instead of canopy glass, looking up gives you a view of what looks like a big sturdy AC console. Paired with the cockpit's position at the very nose of the craft, it makes your peripheral vision rather limited - you can still well enough see where you're going, but it can be difficult to estimate what's going on towards your sides, let alone underneath or above you. Keeping an eye on a fast-moving target can be a challenge in a Hauler, but that can be forgiven considering the ship's status as a dedicated transport/merchant vessel.

Handling

For the local equivalent of a van - or perhaps a pick-up truck - the Hauler handles surprisingly well. Fresh off the shop floor, a Hauler weighs a mere 36 tons, that including the 4-ton fuel tank. A closer examination indicates that the default thruster array on the ship (class 2, grade H) is rated to optimally handle 48 tons of mass - even fully laden, the stock Hauler can retain its full mobility. As the thrusters can handle up to 72 tons of ship in one go, there's plenty of room to expand before you need to start worrying about thruster upgrades.

Speed-wise, the Hauler is, predictably, on the slow end. At the default 2 pips of engine power the ship tops out at a leisurely 138 meters per second. Shunting full power to engines brings the ship up to an even 200 m/sec, and hitting your boost kicks you momentarily up to 285 m/sec. As for its size, the Hauler is roughly the width of a SIdewinder, if noticeably longer and somewhat taller. Surprisingly, the ship's lateral and vertical thrusters feel pretty juicy compared to the main array, making maneuvering the ship into dock a fairly straightforwards process. Despite its relatively low size and mass, it does suffer from a more limited turn radius compared to other options, particularly when at full thrust - it's recommended to give a certain level of thought to approaching narrow spots like station entrances, especially when carrying a full cargo load.

For long-range travel, the Hauler's default frameshift drive can handle a maximum jump of 9,87 light years in one go - dropping noticeably down to 8.08 LY when fully loaded. With an optimal mass rating of 84 tons, the default frameshift drive (CLass 2H) is the Hauler's greatest hobble - it can be mitigated, to a point, by limiting the amount of fuel you choose to carry and stripping out excess equipment, but upgrading the frameshift drive should be your first priority in a Hauler. (Sadly, while hopping up a rate or two is cheap - a rating-G frameshift drive for a Hauler will only set you back about 5,000 credits - the higher ratings get expensive fast.) The 4-ton fuel tank will get you up to six max-range jumps in one go before needing a refill.

The one most noticeable thing about driving around in a Hauler is the engine noise. When operating, the Hauler's multiple thrusters produce a rhythmic pulsating hiss-whine - perfectly manageable when idling, but with active maneuvering, the shifting frequencies produce an effect like muffled whispering, mumbling or chanting. Honestly speaking, it can be a little bit creepy to the unprepared pilot.

Hardpoints

The Hauler is clearly not intended for combat, and this is reflected by its weapons loadout. The ship's sole small weapon hardpoint sits in a drop-down 'chin' mount underneath the belly of the ship - it's actually located behind the front landing gear, near the center of the hull. Positioned so far back along the ship's flat belly, the mount's upward arc of fire is highly limited. Having just one weapon mount in such an awkward position makes the Hauler highly unsuitable for combat, and the vast majority of Hauler pilots choose to simply stick with the default loaner pulse laser or remove the weapon entirely in order to lighten the craft.

The ship's two utility mounts, meanwhile, sit at the very back corners of the ship - one on each side, sitting on the top back corner of the hull, right above the wings. Having two hardpoints gives you a bit more wiggling room when it comes to specializing your ship - although in the current game, most options for utility equipment are fairly useless to the average Hauler pilot. A heat sink launcher may come in handy for pilots intent on using the Hauler's cargo capacity for smuggling illicit goods. Of course, chaff launchers and point defense turrets are very much an option for the pilot worrying about being forced to tangle with pirates - however, the mounts' position right above the wings - and underneath the slightly outwards-slanted stabilizer fins - makes their arc of fire highly limited above and practically nonexistent underneath the ship.

Fitting

Of course, the Hauler is meant to haul cargo around - it's reflected in the name alone. For a ship its size and price, it's also well-equipped to do so. Besides the usual equipment (in mostly class 2 and 1 mounts) the Hauler comes with two class 3 internal compartments, one class 2 internal compartment, and one class 1 compartment. Respectively, these come pre-loaded with two class 2 (4-ton) cargo racks, a class 2 shield generator and a basic discovery scanner.

Actually outfitting the Hauler is a simple process, really. Currently, the Hauler is fit for exactly one duty (it's all in the name, really) and thankfully, there's some space for improvement here. While the default Hauler configuration has twice the cargo capacity of a Sidewinder, it's easy enough to further double by replacing the class-2 cargo racks with class-3 ones - at 10,563 credits apop, upgrading the cargo racks might nearly double the ship's price, but they will also double the profit you make in it per trip. Replacing the frameshift drive with a more powerful model will, of course, open up more of the galaxy to you and should probably be on even priority with the upgraded cargo racks. You may want to also consider replacing your discovery scanner with a 2-ton cargo rack for a bit more trade profit.

Armament-wise.. the brutal truth is that the Hauler is best served by keeping far, far away from anything even resembling combat. With half the firepower of a Sidewinder, on a bulkier, less agile, slower frame, the Hauler is a sitting duck against anybody willing to bust a hull for credit or entertainment, and should be treated as such. If you absolutely want to mount a better gun on it, you could consider a turreted weapon and try to maneuver yourself so you're facing your belly towards your opponent - though the sheer bulk of the Hauler would make it a juicy target in return. Honestly, if you want to play combat, get an Eagle - you'll pay two thirds the price for a much, much more maneuverable craft and literally three times the potential firepower.

A further check against the Hauler in combat is the fact that the ship's default class 2H shield generator is rated optimally for a 25-ton vessel, and has a maximum rating of 50 tons. While the Hauler's default configuration fits (barely) in the shield generator's maximum range when fully loaded up, improving the cargo racks will push the vessel over the shields' maximum threshold.

On a more pleasant note, the ship's default configuration actually uses up only about 75% of the generator's maximum output - having that much 'extra' power to play with makes fitting the improved frameshift drive (and potentially a better shield generator, if you want to play it safe) much easier. Upgrading the reactor won't hurt, but it'll likely be unnecessary for most purposes.

One thing to note is that the Hauler's spacious cargo hold and sole weapon hardpoint may make it a cheap and cheerful mining ship, once mining is implemented. You could fit a mining laser on the weapon hardpoint (and possibly ore sensors in the utility mounts?). However, as we have literally no information on how mining will actually work in the game, it's all speculation at this point.

Putting it all together

While unsuited for combat, the Hauler makes for a trusty workhorse in the stable of a trader beginning his or her career across the stars. It's not flashy, awe-inspiring, exciting or glorious, but it does give a steady paycheck to work towards the more interesting options in the game.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Remote User posted:

Demand for coffee, another constant in the universe.
Also fish. Everybody wants fish for some reason. Never chips though. :v:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Drake_263 posted:

What perfect timing, since I just finished this..

:holy: Hauler! :holy:

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.

Drake_263 posted:

Second Impressions - Zorgon-Peterson Hauler - Get In The Van

:words:

These are great, keep'em coming. That is unless when your new stick gets here you'll be too busy flying around to bother with the rest of the ships.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Hey other Rifters, my VR is being delivered today, what is the process of getting the dk2 up and working in elite? Do I still need to pause the service?

I can answer your questions in the VR thread so as not to pollute this one too much.

Yeah you need to kill the process for Elite to work, otherwise its pretty easy just get in-game and then set it to render to your secondary display, Rift needs to be in extended mode.

Last I checked anyways. I need to get in space again soon...

Elite is one of the best VR games and just kinda "works" out of the box the way you want VR to. That said make sure you put your video settings a bit lower than you're used to, the game is still in beta and rendering stereo 3D is gonna be hard on your system, and you really really want a fast frame rate or you'll feel lag when you turn your head.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 16, 2014

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I'm thinking of grabbing a hauler and completely dumping the shield and weapons. Throw all pips into engines all the time. Replace everything with more cargo space.

And then make sure I'm always carrying some Tea and Coffee, since doing so seems like it will be a constant supply of free money to meet the desperate folks who need that stuff and need it now.

What's the other stuff people have noticed there's often an "emergency" demand for on the bulletin list?

On another topic:
How long should the game take to close out? I've taken to just killing it with task manager, because otherwise it just seems to sit there, open, forever.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
I guess this is the hauler page, so I'll post this shot of one that showcases how awesome the lighting in this game is, even at a more subtle level.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I just lost 800k by downgrading from Railguns to multicannons and the refund didn't occur. Reminder to ALWAYS sell your weapons before downgrading.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm thinking of grabbing a hauler and completely dumping the shield and weapons. Throw all pips into engines all the time. Replace everything with more cargo space.

I'm using this setup - 16 cargo + extended FSD. Works well.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Remote User posted:

These are great, keep'em coming. That is unless when your new stick gets here you'll be too busy flying around to bother with the rest of the ships.

Bloody Wanker could you put links to these writeups in the OP?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This game is so much cooler with a HOTAS it isn't funny.

Outfitting a ship is a little daunting when you don't know what all these guns are or exactly what the different mods are (over-charged is fairly obvious, so is scatter-shot, but I don't know how gimbals work in this game). Is there a rough outfitters guide out there for upgrading? All the guns I've seen so far that are affordable don't really seem to be upgrades to my basic Loaned stuff at all. Is the main part of what makes a gun 'better' the letter-rating it has, and the rest is really just fitting specs?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Unzip and Attack posted:

I just lost 800k by downgrading from Railguns to multicannons and the refund didn't occur. Reminder to ALWAYS sell your weapons before downgrading.

So that's what happened to all my money :downs:

Make sure to make a ticket.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So that's what happened to all my money :downs:

Make sure to make a ticket.

Yeah I didn't realize it until almost an hour later when I went to upgrade my FSD and had like 4 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Pierson posted:

This game is so much cooler with a HOTAS it isn't funny.

Outfitting a ship is a little daunting when you don't know what all these guns are or exactly what the different mods are (over-charged is fairly obvious, so is scatter-shot, but I don't know how gimbals work in this game). Is there a rough outfitters guide out there for upgrading? All the guns I've seen so far that are affordable don't really seem to be upgrades to my basic Loaned stuff at all. Is the main part of what makes a gun 'better' the letter-rating it has, and the rest is really just fitting specs?
Gimbals mean they track the target, as opposed to fixed which only fire at a single point. Beyond that you just have to faff around and guess.

• Locked thread