Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Nothing is more common/more annoying than harpies.

Especially since they spawn all the drat time in deserts and you can't outrun them unless you're filled to the gills in agility. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Scalding Coffee posted:

Imps are hell and worse than Demon Lord. Do they ever run out of rocks? It felt good to use two confusion scrolls on them and it turned into a sea of rocks.

But they can only attack in eight directions. Stay out of a direct line from them and you'll force them to come to you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Might be good to have something of a ranged attack then.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

Might be good to have something of a ranged attack then.

That's not what he means - just move so that they're not in a straight line to you and they'll approach instead. If you're set up like this:

code:
..I
X..
then just move right once. Since the imp doesn't have a diagonal or straight line to you he'll walk up next to you instead, letting you beat him up. When you're cracking open a fault, do so at a space where the imp can't directly target you and they'll walk right into your sword instead.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I do that all the time. Guys just hit multiple times since I am weak.

So loving glad bounties disappear over time. One hour, one save point, and a Demon Lord fighting everyone in the building.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 9, 2013

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there any back and forth with the dev on this game? Is he still actively developing it?

It'd be nice if we could assign skills to hotkeys directly. I appreciate the streamlined controls greatly, but it's a little cludgy to hit up the menu every time you want to lockpick/bash/etc.

edit: And how the heck do I get a Bard off the ground. I have yet to find even a single npc who will join me, and they just suck rear end in combat, even bringing along stuff from my vault.

victrix fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 9, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game sounds fun. Any chance it will ever come out on Steam?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Tollymain posted:

This game sounds fun. Any chance it will ever come out on Steam?

There's a very good chance it will based on their prior greenlight submissions:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198746495

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I wonder how possible it would be to mod this game. I tried to use the Wolf RPG Editor to peek into those .wolf files in the game's directory but I couldn't really get anywhere without being able to speak Japanese.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

victrix posted:

edit: And how the heck do I get a Bard off the ground. I have yet to find even a single npc who will join me, and they just suck rear end in combat, even bringing along stuff from my vault.

The bottom-left soldier in the castle—the one who remarks on whatever level of charisma you have—might be useful to talk to for a bard.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Max Peck posted:

The bottom-left soldier in the castle—the one who remarks on whatever level of charisma you have—might be useful to talk to for a bard.

He just says 'my place is here' and ignores me

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

victrix posted:

He just says 'my place is here' and ignores me

Talk to him with higher charisma

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
You have to be on Afternoon Stroll or harder in order to recruit party members :)

There's also a perk that'll start you off with a pet, pick it up if you're a Bard.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

victrix posted:

Is there any back and forth with the dev on this game? Is he still actively developing it?

I don't see you having much luck there unless you can speak Japanese.

quote:

And how the heck do I get a Bard off the ground. I have yet to find even a single npc who will join me, and they just suck rear end in combat, even bringing along stuff from my vault.

One of the three daily special worlds will always have a guaranteed companion. You can also use a certain perk, or talk to the guard in the castle with enough charisma.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I heard about this game a few days ago, and instantly decided to buy it. But right now I'm waiting for it to come out on Steam in case there's any achievements I won't want to do twice. If it doesn't look like it'll get greenlit I'll buy it from Playism.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Mehuyael posted:

I heard about this game a few days ago, and instantly decided to buy it. But right now I'm waiting for it to come out on Steam in case there's any achievements I won't want to do twice. If it doesn't look like it'll get greenlit I'll buy it from Playism.

Heroics is steadily climbing the Greenlight charts and Playism already has two games lit, so I don't think you'll have to worry about not making it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You also get a key when it comes out on Steam anyway, so its well worth grabbing now

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, no wonder I recognized the name, they published La-Mulana. I guess they know what to publish.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

victrix posted:

You also get a key when it comes out on Steam anyway, so its well worth grabbing now

Yeah, basically. Playism delivered on keys for La Mulana, they're good for it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, I was more thinking about waiting in case there's achievements, but you know what, screw it, I'll buy the game this weekend. Or tomorrow. Whatever comes first.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

victrix posted:

It'd be nice if we could assign skills to hotkeys directly. I appreciate the streamlined controls greatly, but it's a little cludgy to hit up the menu every time you want to lockpick/bash/etc.

We are actively working with Smoking Wolf on the game. Right now the current version is just squashing bugs and fixing localization errors.

As far as adding features, Smoking Wolf is actually working on One Way Heroics+ right now, which adds content and improvements to the UI. The release for OWH+ is a ways out, though. (Hotkeys are among the big changes)

Speaking of which, we uploaded a new build this morning, so if you go to your Playism account page, you should see "Windows Update available" in red if you have yet to download it. (NOTE: the auto-patching system in the game will not update you to this version of the game)

Mehuyael posted:

Oh, no wonder I recognized the name, they published La-Mulana. I guess they know what to publish.

We pride ourselves on the content we put out. :)

Mehuyael posted:

We're only 6 days into our GL campaign, and we're 95% to the Top 100. I have faith that we'll get greenlit pretty quickly, much like EF-12 and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae in the last batch.

thetrin fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 10, 2013

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Do you have patchnotes for this latest change?

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Reiterpallasch posted:

Do you have patchnotes for this latest change?

It's just text bug fixes. Biggest change was a bug where the "overweight" text remained even when the player was under the weight threshold.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is there a way to play the update while maintaining the playtime counter from playing the previous version? I love little things like that in games.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

thetrin posted:

We are actively working with Smoking Wolf on the game. Right now the current version is just squashing bugs and fixing localization errors.

As far as adding features, Smoking Wolf is actually working on One Way Heroics+ right now, which adds content and improvements to the UI. The release for OWH+ is a ways out, though. (Hotkeys are among the big changes)

That's great to hear, thanks.

Finished the game with the Bard on Grueling, thanks for the tips (turns out you can't recruit that starting guard without at least +1 charisma). I took the pet, him, and Dosey and managed a clean run through.

Spoilers!

Poor girl :( Also got to talk to the Demon Lord. Poor dude :(

At least she got to come with me as a faithful puppy :unsmith:

Looks like I still have the TRUE POWER of evil to discover. I hope it has five forms and five different boss musics.

Have a decent Force game going on Grueling + Wicked enabled, the high power of their basic nuke makes surviving early doable if I'm careful, just gotta watch out for situations where running is difficult when I have no escape items.

No luck with the few Adventurer starts, I'll give them a shot again later, and I unlocked the Hero class to try.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

iastudent posted:

Is there a way to play the update while maintaining the playtime counter from playing the previous version? I love little things like that in games.

I don't think so. Sorry. :(

I would love to be able to get the auto-patch system working with the English version, but there are a lot of variables that might break by fixing one thing. One more thing for the bucket list!

victrix posted:

Spoilers!

Poor girl :( Also got to talk to the Demon Lord. Poor dude :(

At least she got to come with me as a faithful puppy :unsmith:

Looks like I still have the TRUE POWER of evil to discover. I hope it has five forms and five different boss musics.

That whole segment of the ending bums me out every time I play it. Hell, it bummed me out when I was editing the text. It's bittersweet. :smith:

thetrin fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 10, 2013

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

iastudent posted:

Copy the folder "Save" from the old version and replace the one in the updated version. It carried all those stats and unlocks over for me.

Edit: Wait, never mind. it's just that I need to actually throw something else afterwards. Also, I don't know if this qualifies as a bug but (endgame spoilers) I threw a Holy Moon Sword to kick off the secret boss fight, and then tried to Buddy Tablet the Demon Lord afterwards. It didn't work the way I was hoping. I did it the other way before (Tablet, then attack the dragon) but I guess when you do it out of order something doesn't trigger right because the Demon Lord won't show a conversation option to recruit her. Also, Adventurer class can jump over Demon Lord Shrine guards! Best class.

(When you carry over a Demon Lord's Coat to get past their awful awful earlygame)

booksnake fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 10, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, got the game. I'll just try not to do anything too challenging before it comes out on Steam.

e: Haha, something tells me it'll take me quite a while to actually get above the easiest difficulty, with the way things are going. And to think I once somehow managed to beat NetHack. But that took some hundreds of deaths first too.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 10, 2013

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This game would be brilliant on mobile, is there any hope for a 3ds or vita release?

edit:

:haw:

victrix fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 10, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually managed to get pretty far this time. Didn't get the 38h failure achievement at least. In the end I was done in by a Golem. Anyway, fun game, and since I unlocked the Adventurer class by bashing open some fancy chest I'm going to try living off loot as one next game.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Seconding the hope for a portable release here. My 3DS would be happy with this game on it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wanted Dragon with an up arrow?

How hard could it be, I have 180 hp, great armor and a shield.

Dead in one shot :eng99:

Maniac mode is hard :saddowns: I have yet to clear it on Grueling.

Think I'll turn Maniac off and load up on the goodies I've been stockpiling to go for a 2000km run.

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!
It turns out Bard is pretty silly when the black knight regularly melees for 1000 damage without you using ballad. :v:

Not that any other class couldn't do the same I guess but they'd have to take Charisma perks to actually snag him. On the other hand, in return, they'd get level gains that weren't complete rear end because hoo boy, Bard stats are pretty fantastic if you enjoy having like five billion intelligence and charisma and no strength.

Social Dissonance
Nov 25, 2002

hey guys lets ride

Jowy posted:

It turns out Bard is pretty silly when the black knight regularly melees for 1000 damage without you using ballad. :v:

Not that any other class couldn't do the same I guess but they'd have to take Charisma perks to actually snag him. On the other hand, in return, they'd get level gains that weren't complete rear end because hoo boy, Bard stats are pretty fantastic if you enjoy having like five billion intelligence and charisma and no strength.

I actually did my first Grueling/Maniac clear with a bard and the king. I just treated myself as the flesh bag that stuck around so the king could do his thing. I probably would have done better if I had focused on using magic, but I didn't find many fortune tellers.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

victrix posted:

This game would be brilliant on mobile, is there any hope for a 3ds or vita release?

edit:

:haw:

Fun fact: We wrote this loading screen from scratch especially for the English version, to compensate for the fact that the dimension names are often impossible to pronounce. (The Japanese dimension names were all phonetic kana)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hmm. You can use a Buddy Tablet to get some backstory from the Demon Lord, but it seems that the Demon Lord has some history with the king and the queen NPCs. Is there a dialogue tree/special goody for bringing the two together? Alternatively, does anyone have a seed for a world where the King spawns early, so I can test it out?

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Uuuuuugh I swear the game just outright hates Force Users for me, from feeling kinda weak until level 10 when I can grab Paralyze to ripping my energy apart whenever it can with back to back Deserts, snowfields and the like.

Will beating the game with all the classes without using the vault unlock something? I'm tempted to just break into my vault and grab a few things that would make my early game suck much less.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Social Dissonance posted:

I actually did my first Grueling/Maniac clear with a bard and the king. I just treated myself as the flesh bag that stuck around so the king could do his thing. I probably would have done better if I had focused on using magic, but I didn't find many fortune tellers.

The King? I thought there was only Dosey/Galtz/Frieda/Panty/Guard D.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 11, 2013

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
What are the shrines guarded by Temple Guards for, and why would you ever want to bash your way into them to enhance the demon lord's power? Is there any good reason to do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Apparently, nobody else has tried Dimension Zxbmaz:

• Locked thread