Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I heard about this game a few days ago, and instantly decided to buy it. But right now I'm waiting for it to come out on Steam in case there's any achievements I won't want to do twice. If it doesn't look like it'll get greenlit I'll buy it from Playism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, no wonder I recognized the name, they published La-Mulana. I guess they know what to publish.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, I was more thinking about waiting in case there's achievements, but you know what, screw it, I'll buy the game this weekend. Or tomorrow. Whatever comes first.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, got the game. I'll just try not to do anything too challenging before it comes out on Steam.

e: Haha, something tells me it'll take me quite a while to actually get above the easiest difficulty, with the way things are going. And to think I once somehow managed to beat NetHack. But that took some hundreds of deaths first too.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 10, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually managed to get pretty far this time. Didn't get the 38h failure achievement at least. In the end I was done in by a Golem. Anyway, fun game, and since I unlocked the Adventurer class by bashing open some fancy chest I'm going to try living off loot as one next game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to see how many kilometers you've traveled? I'm sure sometimes I see something with kms in the UI somewhere, but either it disappears or I'm imagining things, which is likely because for some reason it took me like 2 playthroughs to realize that my HP/SP/Energy are shown right near the center of the screen.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Emong posted:

Should be down near the bottom left of the screen.

Thank you, that's really good to know. I don't know why the UI is confusing me so much. Too much information maybe?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, I beat the Dark Lord just now. It's all thanks to the special dimension where you get the king, as soon as I saw that I just got a Knight with all the charisma perks I could get and went to town letting him burn everything.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think he's talking about something like this:

Start a game, then in the middle of the game make a save. Then finish that game. Afterwards load the save of the game you finished, and finish it again. You don't get Hero Points for that second finish.

Is that what you're talking about?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yikes, there are a lot more perks than I thought there would be.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Will there be an option to get the game's OST somehow? The music makes for nice listening.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind having even more perks. I really like the chef idea. Maybe add to it that certain items like Animal Meat will provide more HP/Energy.

Maybe add Herbalist - Improves effects of herbs. Or does that already exist?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Welp, I guess it'll be a while before I have it all neat and tidy, but it's a start. Thanks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I might have actually encountered a bug, but didn't really think about it because it helped me. Are you supposed to regain ST in the desert? The desert says it drains ST, but I don't notice it doing anything. Does it make the ST recharge more slowly maybe?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the saves have anything to do with the vault.

I think the current saving system is kind of bad. I don't care if saves get deleted when you die or not, but I don't like having to find a save person to save the game. Why not let me save and quit? As is I just pretty much ignore the save feature and play until I win or lose.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When I unlocked the Adventurer I thought it would be my favourite class, but I just suck at using it so much. :( I know I'm still mostly just bumbling around, but it seemed to work with all the other classes I tried at least once.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And now I finished an Adventurer run. All thanks to Queen Frieda (how is she queen if she's the daughter of the king anyway?) and the million holy items I got with her. I even killed the Dark Lord before the 2 mook partners showed up. Now it's time to starve with a FOmar.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just defeated the Demon Lord with all the classes, unlocking a new difficulty mode I'll probably never dare to try (I'm a wuss). I love going as a full-on pro wrestler, and it really fit well with the final class I "beat the game" with.

Now that I can finally bring myself to try the normal difficulty I'll probably Bard it up a lot, since I really like the partners.

e: Punching bones while naked seemed to work quite well.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 27, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, reached the End of the World with the Hero, which of course means I went full on easy mode. I think I understand how to reach the next step, but for that I think I need to know: How do you attack friendly characters? The only option I have is to talk to them it seems.

Also it's nice how apparently the daily public dimension has Frieda maybe 3 times at least, but no holy item sites that I could find.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

maketakunai posted:

You can use skills to hit them (Bash, etc) or I think you can throw stuff at them, but I'm not sure where you're going with that.. No NPCs are required to fight the secret boss, although two of them (maybe one you're thinking of?) have special endings if you defeat it with them in your party..

Oh, I thought messing with those Demon Lord shrines would bring me closer to the secret boss.

e: I really wish there was an English wiki for this game. I'm the kind of guy who when he plays a Rogue-like he wikis everything he can about it so he won't have to replay it too much to get everything. I know that if I tried to learn everything myself I'd give up soon enough.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 28, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Thanks, though that makes some things doubly more annoying in retrospect. Oh well. Now to decide if I should try to do what I just did with all the classes first, or just jump right in and try for gold.

Well, I should probably at least try to redo silver with a real class instead of easy mode first. Just gotta decide who to do it with.

e: Oh, and to explain what I was talking about, I ran a couple of times into this shrine with one guarded entrance, and the guard says they're guarding some kind of thing that's sealing a part of the Demon Lord's power. So I thought that maybe unleashing that power would pave the way to the secret boss fight.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 28, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't suppose you'd at least give some kind of discount for people who paid more than the minimum? That would be nice.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Buy more perks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So you can get more NPCs immediately murdered every game.

Cool.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

That's really helpful, thanks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Powercrazy posted:

Is the "secret" that you grind with a knight or a swordmaster, get good weapon use the dimensional backpack thing, and then just keep using the same weapon and then never replacing the contents of your backpack so that weapon is always available?

That doesn't work. When you get an ending your dimensional storage gets auto-saved (unless they changed that? I haven't played for a long while).

There's no real secret except for saving your weapons for things that need them. Don't waste your holy weapon on wolves and bats for instance.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AnotherGamer posted:

It works, dimensional storage status isn't changed until you actually choose to put your leftover stuff in there when you beat the game. If you don't save it, it stays as it was and you can keep on using the same built-up gear for every run attempt until you actually make some progress. I personally thought most of the holy weapons were pretty pointless outside of triggering one of the endings, they have way too low durability and getting guaranteed criticals isn't that difficult, which is the main reason holy weapons ignore DL's barrier. There's some exceptions though, the staff you get is stupidly useful for Force Users and most of the armor is also pretty useful.

I don't know why they changed that. When I played it would just automatically save your dimensional inventory as soon as you got an ending (i.e. ended a game without dying) so that you couldn't abuse awesome equipment forever.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tamba posted:

- New Classes: Force User, Ninja, Tourist

Uh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll wait for the English release, but this'll probably be one of the few games I buy first thing without waiting for special 50%+ discounts or a bundle.

• Locked thread