Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I just finished my first Maniac Inhumane Odyssey run using todays King dimension, and the ending was... foreboding. Is that actually in the game, or is it something to come in the future? Can't seem to find anything about it by googling.

Edit: Oh I should specify, it was the "Kill the Demon lord" ending.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Heavy neutrino posted:

Does anyone have a good dimension on hand for getting the super secret ending? I'm looking for a very early Frieda followed by at least two shrines before ~750km where corrupted lands become bullshit.

When you say "super secret ending", are you talking about Killing the darkness, or is there another, even more secret one?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I don't suppose anyone got any tips for starting out as an Adventurer on Inhumane Maniac mode?
I've noticed that the character models on the main screen get more "solid" if you reach The End with them, so I'm trying to do that with all the classes to see if it has a connection to another secret ending. However, Adventurer is turning out to be quite difficult.

The fact that Agility doesn't give you extra movement turns in Maniac Mode seems to be the main problem, as it makes it way harder for hit-and-run tactics and running away.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 26, 2014

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I haven't played in a while since (I think) I finished everything possible to do in the game, but has there been found anything about (end-endgame spoilers)there being someone else behind the "Darkness Dragon"? One of the endings if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty says that you momentarily see someone manipulating the darkness, but get pulled away before you reach them.

I never managed to find out if there was something more to that, even though I finished the game with every class on the hardest difficulty with Maniac Mode on.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Poison Mushroom posted:

There's two more very different endings. One can only be gotten by marathoning for a loooong time, like 2000-5000 km.. The other requires attacking the left edge with a holy weapon and winning.

Yeah, I've done both of these, but there is another, secret, ending inside one of the other endings if you do it on the hardest difficulty. I think it might be the "normal" Demon Lord one, but it's been a while, so I can't remember exactly. In this ending, when you get knocked out, you see someone manipulating the Darkness, and try to attack him, but get forced away.

I think Heavy neutrino is right though, and that it's a teaser for the upcoming expansion.

Also, a weird detail. You know how the characters on the main screen show up ethereal if you finish the game with them? If you do the 2000km ending with them, they become solid instead. No idea if it means anything though.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 5, 2014

• Locked thread