Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I really love this game. It's such a simple but well-executed concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, best tip for saving weapon durability: Wooden arrows cost no weight, are dirt cheap, and do pretty decent damage when you throw them if your Strength is even mediocre. Stock up on them, and you can take out weak enemies as they approach without so much as denting your sword.

THIS. The biggest game-changer for me mechanic-wise was figuring out you don't need a bow to shoot arrows, just toss them (with a melee weapon equipped for when the monster closes in). This increased my early game survival rate exponentially on harder maps, especially with Adventurers, who can just throw arrows and dash away from 90% of threats until you get some decent equips.

(I only do "true" runs or whatever the game calls maps where you don't use the vault, cause I find it more fun that way. If you use the vault then just do whatever, the game isn't that hard with items)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Powercrazy posted:

I may try this. I usually get Master of Unlocking, and a bunch of agility, is that all I need for arrows to be effective?

Well, the whole point is that running+throwing arrows is only to keep you alive until you get whatever items suit your build. It's a really common item that steamrolls 90% of early enemies,* irrespective of your stats (I don't even know if agility affects thrown arrows to be honest), so you can use whatever perks you normally do.

It's particularly useful for the Adventurer class cause they only start with a piece of poo poo 2 power dagger and no other useful combat skills. It also weighs 0, which is amazing for early on when you don't have enough carry capacity for poo poo-all. But if you're playing a Force User or something you're better off just spending the turn meditating than throwing crappy darts. Depends on the run.

*(provided you have room to run)

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 29, 2014

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I once played one of those special maps that spawned Duke Galtz early for recruitment.

Problem was his spawn zone was also right outside the starting castle, which was surrounded by lava. As soon as the king stopped talking he would die instantly :lol:

• Locked thread