Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Unless the payment plan changed today, I had no problem buying the game without needing that bastard Paypal.

Got to the boss the first time and got surrounded by a bunch of bandits and a wandering monster. He was maybe 25%. There will be more Cuckolding.

Some PETA people got pissy and I got flagged with a bounty. I guess they put a number on my head, leading to a guard killing one and coming right at me like a tank. I got charged with killing two innocents who hit me first.

It kept my saves and I beat him easily. I am the first conqueror of Cuckold.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Demicol posted:

Beat the game for the first time. Easy difficulty with a Knight, only took a low-tier spear from the vault that had 20 durability, used my hero points to unlock Pirate and stored a Battleaxe in my vault only to find out the Pirate starts with it :negative:

I'm seeing a lot of different classes mentioned, do they unlock/become unlockable by playing/beating harder difficulties or do you have to do something special?
The game says what conditions are needed to unlock them without needing to spend points.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Defeated Demon Lord again on starter and got 3 points out of it. I really hope the higher difficulties really scale the points or I have to hold back on spending my extra points from something that might be frivolous.

Castrate is a terrible, horrible dimension. Enemies combo up to 4 times and destroy your gear. I lost 5 shields getting to the boss.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Where are these sealed doors to use my key on?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I found a holy weapon and decided to spend all my points on building inventory space to hold lots of buff/vendor items for them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Imps are hell and worse than Demon Lord. Do they ever run out of rocks? It felt good to use two confusion scrolls on them and it turned into a sea of rocks.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Might be good to have something of a ranged attack then.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I do that all the time. Guys just hit multiple times since I am weak.

So loving glad bounties disappear over time. One hour, one save point, and a Demon Lord fighting everyone in the building.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 9, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Awakening makes you easily cross mountains and rivers. Thanks, fairy and Demon Lord.

I am not getting any Hero Points and I went 1000KM after finishing cowbell, which doesn't have Goddess Statues until around 400KM. Found the Queen and she was disturbingly strong. My Effort!

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 12, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a manual?

I look forward to any encounters with the Jade guys. They are a boon to advancing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rebooting the computer seems to fix some issues with the game. I now get HP for my efforts and more classes/perks were unlocked from the start.

Certainly worth the bucks.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Found a bug where moving between two music zones at the right time, will mute it. Fix by reloading a save.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There will be lots more stuff, like hotkeys, when they make a OWH+ patch.
Did you make it to the end of the world? Get going, skippy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Seems like the process of saving your effort after you die is when you will no longer get any more HP. Exit out before the game saves so you won't get robbed of advancing further. You can still change your vault items and get other stuff. I still have not tried to change dimensions for that class, so maybe I won't be screwed out of 150HP.

I got a different form to fill out when I ordered. Maybe because the card wasn't tied to bastard Paypal.

Can the vault be made to hold a bundle of weightless items? You can't do anything with a few arrows.

Looks like the game had a price drop instead of a sale.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 19, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The time-tested health bar shouldn't be named Life then, but it does its job at confusing people.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

booksnake posted:

I thought this was intentional so that you couldn't save at the end of a run, die/clear the game, get Hero Points, reload the save, get more Hero Points and repeat.
It also prevents you from ever getting those points back and now you have a crippled class that costs more effort than you will get out of it. I lost around 300HP testing this bug on two classes and if the game doesn't reset the higher grade that somehow removes the points that should go with it, there will be a shitstorm from people losing 500 or 1000HP on a character. Losing lots of effort over some undocumented feature is terrible game design. No warnings about wasting future HP if you decide to continue from a finished dimension. It has to be a grade saving bug.

It isn't even consistent between saves. You start with everything you had on the character and vault items are the same for that save, even if you made a later save and changed vault items, and get back to the old save. The only thing that gets changed among those saves are the grades.

I have to delete my saves or have that nagging feeling of having 300 fewer HP than I should have for the work. A crippling OCD.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am trying a run with a new dimension and see if I can get my points back. The thing is that everything on a character is saved according to the save state, except for grades. Grades can only get bigger and if you are starting a game and lose out on those points on the only character you like playing, you would be pissed.

Grades work outside the save states where everything is consistent and replaying a finished save state is detrimental to getting more HP.

I tried my broken swordsman and got HP for doing badly. Still lost the extra HP from the last dimension. The difficulty was harder and used a different sprite for it. Maybe different difficulties or sprites get a separate grade? I have work to do.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 20, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am bug-hunting. The reason for this is because I am finding glitches where starting new characters result in me getting no HP at all until I restart or reboot, with success half the time. You people are lucky to never have issues with games, but I am unlucky as hell and so many games tend to glitch badly for me many times. Have you ever played with the music suddenly stopping?

I enjoy growing my vault. It calls for me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mehuyael posted:

Will there be an option to get the game's OST somehow? The music makes for nice listening.
I think they are in the discussions on the Greenlight page. Happy hunting.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Messing around with dying and I got an introduction to some black knight, then some Duke showed up in another dimension outside the castle and kicked my rear end with an army.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The text for Stamina level ups mention +10, but you only get a few points.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Harminoff posted:

Thanks for helping me out!

So I'm really enjoying this game but how do I go about finding more to eat? I seem to run out of energy before anything and rarely find a shop to buy food at.
Eating is not an issue unless you want to use magic.

Lunches are expensive.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I understand people chasing my bounty, but holy gently caress, I getting tired of multiple assholes chasing me for 100KM. The monsters won't even fight them like they are in buildings.

The desert song refuses to play through the area often enough that I turn on my music when I enter the area. The Demon Lord at least gives my some music during that time.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
At some point, you meet a bunch of animals who can kick your rear end, but drop loads of meat.
I never tried a forcer since I really need those sticks that refuse to spawn.

gently caress you, Red Star. I went 1000KM without the Goddess ever giving me a save or a town save and right when I was almost at the end of the world, this rear end in a top hat armored skeleton hit me once for a bit over full health when I took him down to nothing. So much learning experience from that trip.

The game decided to force my character to move diagonally up. Right in front of a crowned, up-arrow Jade guy. Nearly died getting shot up when I opened the inventory and fought to get it to work. Far as I can tell, the fix to it is tabbing out. It also had crippling lag before that happened when a fog was appearing over a lava zone.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 25, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The vault holds your items and deleting your saves would prevent building up an armory and going for an expanded end of the world run with super gear. Makes early holy shrines useful if you started with keys.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Stelas posted:

I've never saved my game once and my dimensional vault is stocked. Saving has no effect on it. It's just there to pause runs in progress, or do some odd savescumming with reloading, I guess.
If I make multiple saves with different vault items, the items in the vault will change according to what that character put in. No mixing of items between different characters. That is how I view how the save system works.

Focus on beating the Demon Lord with each character and try to recruit important sounding NPCs. Things just seem to open up with advancing characters and dying.

I suggest you focus on perks since the very best stuff to vault is late-game Grueling and higher. Managing the Vault early on will drive you crazy and distract you from the many cheap perks. Don't pay for new classes and read how to unlock them.

The Quality Whetting stones make weapons more durable and stronger. You find a bunch of them on high difficulties. The item that repairs gear is usually from the Black Market. Shield repairs are rarely in higher difficulties.

If you are worried about durability, you can throw almost anything for astounding damage.

Boxes take a couple hits to open, iron chests take a good bit more and can use an axe, and red boxes need maximum force.

Christ is King!

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 26, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Unlock every class and go for the end of the world at 2000KM, and go past that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Throwing stuff at skeletons easily wrecks them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Baldbeard posted:

How badly does jerryrigging damage a weapon in the long term? I found a badass axe, and it's sitting at 14 durability, and I've literally never seen the legit repair scrolls.
Those scrolls are 1k KM Grueling difficulty and very rare in Black Markets. Forget having a badass armory unless you drop a bunch of whetstones on something. Expect to get another badass weapon in another run or two. Focus on dropping whatever upgrades you want on weapons. You want to save the repair scrolls for Holy items.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you are fast enough and have the right items, it seems you can remove the Demon Lord much sooner if you freeze him at the edge of the darkness.

Anyone know if you can cook meat by burning it?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 31, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Ghosts are great at fighting, but they die rather quickly in dungeons.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
All I know about armor is below 6 means lots of pain. The 30% is probably damage reduction on hit and the 70% is maybe block chance.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I know the game hates when I am downloading something. Try to open the menu and tab out.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is OWH+ going to be the release or will it be the same game? Will saves transfer over to Steam?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you are the sort of person to suddenly improve after leaving a game alone for weeks, you are doing yourself a favor.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mindblast posted:

Ok so I just started out and did a run on easy, see how it's like. Really enjoyable but I wonder how to deal with identifying items. I realise the game is built around using gear you don't know the stats of, it's just not feasible for a low level knight to carry a full spare set even with the extra load capacity from easy. Guess I'm paranoid my poo poo will break while fighting a nightmare beast or something.

Should I just use perks to up base int for the knight? I didn't have a lot of luck finding the identify npc. Probably the rng being rng.
Beat the game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Triangles are going to cause problems. Never fight a Red Star.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Playism is giving out keys through the download section.

It was easy.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 28, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Got my first banned screenshot from this game because censoring the text was not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The stuff you see in this game can be the most depressing things you see in games for simple sprites. The replays made me feel terrible when everyone is being so nice to you and then scroll offscreen.

• Locked thread