Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Loving how this looks so far, but just a minor correction with Dailymotion; you can upload up to hour long videos. The other two cons are pretty much true though. I was also wondering if it might be worthwhile to list some trusted website or program to download videos from youtube or Dailymotion or those other sites.

And in regards to gif making, I at least know that a widely used gif making program that is free and fairly simple is gifcam (and there was also a goon edited version that allows for easier frame by frame editing called gooncam). I could also write up the step by step instructions that I've been given for editing and compressing a gif in GIMP, though I don't understand all of it. It's more just regurgitating steps I was given, but I'm more than happy to lay it out and have someone else maybe spruce it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Explosionface posted:

I have something written up somewhere that I was working on a few months ago before I got swamped at work. It was basically MEAT's tutorial in text form with a little extra of why things are done thrown in. Then again, I haven't seen it in months, so maybe it's just a pile of screenshots with no real content.
Haha, I think everything I know I learned from leavemywife who I think in turned learned it from you. So I can leave it up to you, or make up something and use your proper knowledge to fill in why you shouldn't resize with cubic interpolation and what indexed color resampling means.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Is 720p a bit much?
That's fine if you're doing an HD game, it's also good to make sure you're recording at 30 FPS (that'll save you some minor file size and most free video hosts are capped at 30 either way). In the end though, with loseless codecs the file is going to be relatively large; there isn't a way to get around that with the initial loseless file and why you compress the video using Megui or Premiere.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mortimer posted:

Used GoonCam to make this gif, but it's too large.

What GoonCam compression/resolution settings should I use to make my gifs smaller without losing much quality?
Usually I like to run the gifs I get from gooncam/gifcam through GIMP to optimize it a tad bit more; it does lose some quality but it'll give you something smaller without butchering it too much:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

theshim posted:

Extremely dumb basic question: I've got a (ridiculously huge) video file from FRAPS and the audio I recorded in Audacity; what should I use to mash them together? I'll fiddle with audio levels a bit but I'm not really doing any editing to this, I just need to get the audio from the mic onto the video and then compress it down. What (preferably free) program should I use for this, and is there anything else I should know?
So I assume what you're wanting to do is combine the your audio commentary with the video? That's easy enough to do with avisynth and MeGui, but I want to make sure that's what you want to do before I ramble off some simple instructions.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

theshim posted:

This is correct. Just combine my audio with the video and then get it down to a manageable size (right now the FRAPS video is just under 90gb :v:)
Then that's super simple; you'll basically want two programs (that are linked on the wiki and the OP I think): avisnyth and Megui. A basic guide to both are also listed in the OP as well (Megui Guide and Avisynth Guide). Avisynth will allow you to connect and slap together an easy script that you then pop into Megui, and following the guide, will compress the video down into a reasonably sized format and quality.

But your script is probably going to look like:

code:
v=avisource("video name.avi")
a=wavsource("commentary audio.wav")
audiodub(a,v)
The avisource signifies what your video file is, wavsource is your audio commentary (assuming you used wav and avi files), and audiodub will replace the audio in your video with the commentary.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 31, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

EntranceJew posted:

The easiest way to work with audio is to mix and merge tracks in Audacity. VirtualDub has the ability to export a wav from the current video and you can use MeGUI to export just the audio of the original video as any format you prefer. (I prefer flac.) You can import that into Audacity, import the commentary, do any ducking you may need, then export it as whatever format you want. (Again, I prefer flac.) You can then use Niggurath's steps to combine them.
Aye, yeah, sorry forgot to mention the combining of the game audio and your commentary with something like Audacity. But in addition to what EntranceJew said, you can also pull audio straight from a video with Audacity.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I always got the impression with capture devices that you wanted to capture at the maximum bitrate possible since it was going to be lowered quality wise when doing the encoding process through Megui (or whatever). Unless of course a person was just uploading directly from their footage without any editing, but I guess I'm speaking from someone who usually has to re-encode their footage.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

greth posted:

So I'm currently bashing my head against getting Risk of Rain to capture properly -- so far I've tried Fraps (which grabs the data but gives me hellish framerate drops), Hypercam 2 (which gets the video fine but I can't seem to get it to recognize the game audio as capturable), and OBS (which works amazingly with no framerate issues or sound trouble, but dumps in an .mp4, which I'm not sure how to work with).

Any tips for getting this captured easily in .avi, or for good ways to do editing to an .mp4 (even if it's "use <converter X> to get it into .avi format"). I've looked into importing .mp4s into AviSynth stuff, but getting all the codecs to function so it works isn't really working out for me.
Also I think there's a video setting in Risk of Rain (I think it's something about dropping frames) that should get the game to run while Fraps is recording at a more respectable frame rate.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

mateo360 posted:

So what would goons recommend for someone who got a copyright strike and can now no longer upload videos longer then 15 mins. I have gone ahead and created a new gmail and youtube account for the future but I really don't want to do a massive re-upload of the currently run thread and changing all the urls.
From my experience, if it's a single video that's causing this to happen then removing the video will be enough to get you your limit back from 15 minutes. If it's like 30 videos or something, then yeah, that's an issue but a single video should be easy enough to remove cause usually it is something very specific and not every random strike (cause I've got plenty of those but one in particular caused me to lose my limit).

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Pythonicus posted:

Alright, then. This is more or less what I was asking for, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything that would make the video both crisp AND 500mb or whatever. I'll keep trying to get it closer to 1gb even but at least I can stop going insane over it
You could always shoot for 720 instead of 1080? And did you record the video at 30 fps or 60 fps? There's other things you can do outside of lowering the encode quality. But if you're set on 1080, you could try messing with just encoding a set bitrate rather than using the qrf, though I know most don't recommend it in here.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Agent355 posted:

I'm just looking to get some ease of use. I can do really basic stuff in avisynth but everytime I want to do something that I haven't done before the learning process takes me 5 times the amount of time a normal episode does. As a result most of my episodes get kinda homogenous and I rarely actually take advantage of fancy editing even when it's appropriate.

I suppose? I'm looking for something that I can feed raw nasty fraps recordings into and trim, edit, rearrange and easily use effects like split screen or non jump-cut transitions. Without learning how to use and format all of the lines of code in avisynth. Which I realize is possible, but I'm willing to spend a couple hundred dollars to avoid it if possible.
The one I've had the best ease of use with was Camtasia; it doesn't have many presets but it's also a lot simpler to use than Vegas or Premiere. Granted it doesn't take long to learn Premiere or Vegas either, but there's just so much to gently caress up in those other two programs since they have a lot more options to mess with.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 27, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So does anyone have maybe some recommended settings for using OBS to capture? It seems like it's probably got the lowest overhead in regards to system resources but I feel like I could be getting a better picture quality out of it. This is about the best I've gotten so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWxm1Mhvu4. I figured it'd be something close to Megui settings but it seems like it might need something a bit more.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Highwang posted:

It looks pretty rock solid on my end man. Just remember though, OBS records and encodes at the same time so it'll always look somewhat weak compared to a raw recording from DXTory or FRAPS. If you want to make it better, you'll have to increase the bitrate you record at or increase the x264 CPU preset in the advanced settings.

You emulating this or using a capture card?
Emulating; I did end up making a recording at a higher bitrate but I didn't see much of a change after the youtube re-encode. Maybe I'll screw around with the CPU preset a bit. And I didn't have much of a problem with Dxtory, but just for no apparently reason the framerate of the recording would drop like a stone while the game's framerate would be fine.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Also just a mild word of warning with recording off a PS3, but it uses an encrypted HDMI thing and thus it might be good to keep that in mind though I think at this point that both the Elgato and PVR2 had inputs other than just straight HDMI.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

I have this hour long Lagarith encoded video of me playing a goofy Doom wad and I can't for the life of me get it to encode to h264 without dropping a few hundred frames and massively desynching with the audio. I feed the following script into MeGUI:
code:
FFMpegSource2("gzdoom_2014_03_07_02_40_47_378.avi", atrack=-1, threads=1).ConvertToYV12()
The hell am I doing wrong? The original avi is 114017 frames but the preview and final product in MeGUI are 113748 frames (and a previous attempt was 1136something). Both the lagarith version and the h264 one show a running time of 1:03:21 despite the huge difference in frame count.
What happens if you just use avisource?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Usually I find it easiest to export the multiple commentary tracks as a singular 'commentary track' that I then import into another audacity session with the game audio and autoduck that.

VVVVV
Ah, I just got confused when you said to mute the game audio. I thought you were doing that in audacity or something.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 29, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I'm running into a bit of an issue where Audacity has started to pick up audio coming through my headphones (albeit very faintly) and I can't figure out what is causing it; and this is even when the mic itself is muted as well. I've made sure that there's no additional things that could be recording in the Windows sound panel outside of the mic I'm using and I still get something being picked up by the recording. And it was working as of four days or so ago....so I'm a bit lost as to what might be causing it or what other settings I should be looking into. I thought initially it might have been Skype, but even just being by myself now and running a video while headphones are on and Audacity is recording will still cause the video audio to be picked up very faintly. So any ideas?

edit: Also this issue didn't seem to pop up until I was doing a recent stream in OBS, could there have been something changed by OBS that could be causing this?

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 31, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

I know this sounds stupid, but did you turn up your audio recently? Back when I did the Rogue Legacy races, this happened to me, and it dawned on me it was because I had my volume up really high at the time (I was going through an ear infection) and the proximity of the headphones to the mic (like, 4-6 inches) was enough to pick it up. (Just checking the "easy" reasons first)
Sadly it's recording sound even when I have my mic muted/turned off. So it's not picking it up via the mic, but just recording all system sounds even though it shouldn't be picking up stuff in my headphones.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Make sure the correct recording device is selected in Audacity, that dropdown with the microphone.

Also go through the recording devices in Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording and see if anything looks off there.

This is currently both of the menus and as far as I can tell it should be going off the USB mic and everything else is disabled. I've also double checked and made sure all of the 'unavailable' things in the playback menu are disabled. But the issue is still occurring.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I've got two videos, recorded using the exact same settings and when I look at the file information on both, they both having the exact same frame rate. For some reason though, I get an avisynth error saying that the framerates don't match and for some reason, even when I add in a ChangeFPS command to make both match up, it still says they don't match up. Any ideas what could be causing this and how I could go about fixing it? Here is the script I'm using, sans the ChangeFPS command:

code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms-2.17\ffms2.dll")
import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms-2.17\FFMS2.avsi")
FFMpegSource2("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\DisasterPT4Raw1.mp4", vtrack=-1, atrack=-1, threads=1)++\
FFMpegSource2("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\DisasterPT4Raw2.mp4", vtrack=-1, atrack=-1, threads=1)

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Just out of curiosity, could you say the name of the game at least. There could be something game wise that could be fixed or worked on there to help with the issues.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

Nitro Family. It's an asian Serious Sam clone made on the first version of the Serious Engine. It's somewhat janky and not made very well, so while the issue could lay there, I wouldn't know how to bybass it.
Well I downloaded the game, booted it up, and started recording with Dxtory with lagarith and this is what I got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3VLlCeNRI

So I'm not sure what issue you're having with recording or playing the game?

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 15, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

I used Fraps, and it made the game lag hard. But it seems like a got lagarith to work after all, and I'll make another test.

E: Thanks for trying though!
The good news is that I've got Fraps sitting around as well and I made a recording using that, and it was fine as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXo6I0riHOc

Maybe you got a busted copy of the game or something?

VVVVV
Well I'm up to help if I can.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 15, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Xenoveritas posted:

So, looking through the TSF Wiki, I notice that we currently only list five programs for recording: FRAPS, Dxtory, Camtasia Studio, HyperCam2, and VirtualDub. (VirtualDub sucks for screen recording, incidentally. But it does work. Ish.)

In any case, I'm thinking that we may want to add Nvidia's ShadowPlay, as that's matured to the point where it works for the most part. Likewise, Open Broadcaster Software can also be used to record and should probably be mentioned.

Any thoughts on adding these?
I think it'd be good to list, though with the very obvious caveats and limitations given (i.e. needing mid-range to high end Nvidia cards). Would it also be good to add Bandicam, PlayClaw, and MSI Afterburner to the list of recording programs?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

weinus posted:

This seems like a decent thread to ask...

What's the best way of getting files recorded by DxTory into Final Cut Pro for editing?

Everything I've recorded doesn't want to import into FCP, because they are .avi files. Is there a way to transcode the files to .mov so they'll import, without a loss of quality? I've been using the default DxTor codec, but maybe I should switch to the Lagarith codec?

Thanks for any help.
Definitely try switching from the Dxtory codec; lagarith might be a better option or the Fraps codec if you have that around.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Okay, back with more stupidity. I managed to record and hopefully edit the video the way I wanted to using OBS, now I have issues adding the audio. OP workflow thingy tells me I should use Virtualdub to extract it - while this sort of works, Audacity doesn't open the resulting file and if I use the option for loading unprocessed data, it just gives me static.
Virtualdub also refuses to play the file on account of missing an audio decompressor - I went digging around the internet and tried several, but nothing helped so far - I guess what I'm asking is a bit more in-depth description of extracting the audio in a way Audacity would accept it.
You can use Audacity to extract the audio from the MP4 from OBS.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Alright, so I've got a little bit of an issue happening with recording and encoding widescreen off of the Wii with an Elgato. Now the initial recording looks fine and all types of widescreen as seen here:

Original widescreen Wii recording

The problem is that when I end up encoding it in Megui, it ends up coming out in what appears to be 4:3

Encoded Wii recording

Now I've got the Wii to properly be setup for widescreen and 480p, the Elgato seems to have both the input and output as 720x480 (which is apparently the Wii's widescreen resolution), but for some reason after it's popped into avisynth and encoded with Megui it becomes 4:3 with an extra set of black bars. So what am I missing here?

edit: Also for shits and giggles I decided to try doing a resize to a 16:9 resolution in avisynth and it seems to be fine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yBDuMD4BFk

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 22, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

Hello I have a question that I'm pretty sure is about interlacing.

The game is State of Decay recorded with fraps.

I'm using Premeire Pro and exporting with the Lagarith AVI codec, then using megui to mp4 it. When I export the media with Premiere, I have the option to export as progressive, upper first, or lower first. Choosing upper or lower first results in what I'm pretty sure is interlacing, which messes up any movement with horizontal lines, two movement frames spliced together? But progressive seems to show movement with two frames ghosted/blended together, so there's no clear action if I pause on a frame.

The progressive looks a lot better when watching the video, but it bothers me that pausing it results in double-image people or whatever. Is that normal, should I worry about it? I saw the aviscript thing for deinterlacing video in the OP, but I don't really understand if that's what I need to do, or how avisynth works.

Some advice would be appreciated, I wanna get the LP going. Thanks!
Is there not an option to not use any of those options? I seem to recall Vegas had the option of just turning that off when exporting.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

VivaVizer posted:

So if people want to have a guest commentator for a single player game that doesn't have coop, then I assume they need some form of screen share.

Anything is recommended?
Probably streaming is your best option if you want to do live commentary (though obviously there will be a delay), and I'd say OBS is the best route for that and whatever streaming site you prefer.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

ankle posted:

Could anyone tell me if this video look good or bad? I really don't know what I'm doing. Bitrate is 5,000 kbps, I think. Sorry if this is vague!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lbiTn1MGE
It looks fine, though you'd probably be safe with going 2500; 5000 just seems excessive for your final encode. Also it might be worthwhile now to record in 60 fps since youtube allows that for 720p videos.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Sytakan posted:

As a test to see if I can take decent screenshots and figure out the basics, I've been using Irfan View to take screenshots of a game through DOSBox.

However, I've noticed that the more screenshots I take, the slower the game starts running, until it's nothing more than a stuttering mess. I use the hotkey CTRL + F11 to take the screenshots, the game is windowed, and the destination folder is my D drive. I only got about 15 screenshots taken before it began to slow down.

Is this a common problem, or am I just a huge fuckup who missed something obvious?
You might be triggering some hotkey within dosbox itself whenever you're pressing F11? You might want to consider using dosbox's internal avi recording ability and using the videos to take screenshots from as it doesn't really affect dosbox when you do that and the avi files are usually fairly small in size.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I was reading through Mastigophoran's great DS animation avs script and I seem a bit at a loss as to how to do something. Basically the game during conversations and exploration switches to a vertical, book-type setting and while I can get the images horizontal instead of vertical, I also need the images to rotate as well. Basically I need to use the MDS_SideWays but turning the other direction I think? Or this screenshot:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mastigophoran posted:

Hi, the most recent version of the avs has some cool kicken rad new stuff that can do this for you - have a look at the This readme is too long! Tell me the most useful things you added in this new version already! section and the MDS_VStackToRotated and related functions in the manual. I used the zoom plugin, rather than spinner, but it's easy enough (I think?) to change.

If these don't service your needs perfectly in every way let me know, I'm more than happy to help out in any way possible.
The readme was mostly super helpful, my problem was transitioning properly in the script from one thing to another.I think I mostly figured out what the problem was, and apparently it's because I wasn't calling up both the vertstack and the verticalmode. I was only using one or the other. So now I've mostly got it working but I feel like I could possibly make my script a bit easier:

code:
import("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\MastiDS.avs")
raw=avisource("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\The_Nameless_Game_en_32_18324.avi")
raw = raw.ChangeFPS(30)
raw

MDS_SmoothSettings()

MDS_VertStack()

MDS_TopVSlide(raw,611,1006)
MDS_ResetLastframe()
MDS_VertStackA(raw,1006)
MDS_SetVerticalMode()
MDS_RotateEffectSub(raw, 1006,2850)
MDS_RotatedToVStack(raw, 2851)
MDS_ResetLastframe()
MDS_VertStackA(raw,2851)
MDS_TopVSlide(raw,3282,4025)
MDS_ResetLastframe()
MDS_VertStackA(raw,4026)
MDS_SetVerticalMode()
MDS_RotateEffectSub(raw,4026,5376)
MDS_SideWaysGap(raw,5377,7017, gap="10")

crop(128,0,-128,0)
I get a feeling like I'm missing something and that I don't need all these resetlastframe functions, but they seem to be needed after every time I switch from a focus on a single panel back to the side by side options.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 24, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Maple Leaf posted:

So I learned today that using directshowsource and convertfps makes it so that you can't use the dissolve command at all. You can't even try to cheat by making two scripts, one with the video and the other with the edits.

Example:

code:
a=wavsource("audio.wav")
v=directshowsource("video.mp4", fps=60, convertfps=true)
audiodub(v,a)
dissolve(trim(690,17719), trim(19168,42611), trim(44035,0), 30)
The video immediately flips between clips rather than fading to them, much like a normal Trim. The audio, however, dissolves correctly and remains on sync.

I can't take the line out because otherwise the audio will drift. Any suggestions? This is only a minor inconvenience, really, but I'd like to know my options.
If you're using an MP4 then I think most people will tell you not to use directshowsource and instead go for FFMS2. Granted it is an external plug-in so you'll need to do a little bit more to get it running, but it's the way to go.

Mastigophoran posted:

Uhm, well, what you're doing is uh, kinda weird? like if the output that this is giving you is what you want it to look like, then I would write the code to make that happen like this:

code:
MDS_TopVSlide(raw,611)

MDS_SetVerticalMode()
MDS_RotateEffectSub(raw,1006)

MDS_SetHorizontalMode()
MDS_VertStack(raw,2851)
MDS_TopVSlide(raw,3282)

MDS_SetVerticalMode()
MDS_RotateEffectSub(raw,4026)
MDS_SideWaysGap(raw,5377,gap="10")
One of the key features is that you don't need to supply an 'end' point for your effect, eg MDS_TopVSlide(raw,611,1006) - you don't need the 1006 there unless you wanted it to revert to (edit) whatever the last layout was, in this case, VertStack, at frame 1006, to save you from having to type it out, which is why you're having to reset the last frame value all the time, because you're doing a bunch of other stuff at frame 1006, and again at all those other frames.

Is this just what you've managed to get working so far, or the output you're actually after? There's a mix of animated and nonanimated transitions in there, but all of the animated ones are overridden.

double edit: also if you're using the larger rotated layouts you probably want to lose the crop(128,0,-128,0)
Yeah, overall it's giving me what I want; I don't exactly need any animations. And I wasn't sure if I needed an end point in all of the functions of not, I'm a bit poo poo when it comes to some things in functions. The only real issue I'm getting now is with the gap function. It ends up staying too zoomed in and it cuts off the image which you might be talking about with the crop. I uploaded the short video for it: http://youtu.be/SpaLM-t1tL0 How does it look to you?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mastigophoran posted:

Oh god that 3D at the end is almost nauseating for me! Anyway yeah, lose the crop, and maybe try MDS_SideWaysCGap or the default on MDS_SideWaysGap (the gap param is optional) for that bit - you may actually just want to make a custom layout with the 'ahead' looking window centred, and the side one with a gap but running offscreen or something? You could also use MDS_SideWays instead of MDS_RotateEffectSub for the conversation sections - the latter only really only exists for the animated rotation transition that you're not using, or I guess as you are here, fitting it inside a 4:3 window.

edit ps there's a human name in your example's avi path that may be yours, idk if you care about hiding that kind of thing.
Aye, that's my name but it's not too big a deal being there. But you're totally right about the crop and that seems to have fixed the issue with that section. You're massively right though that that part is nauseating, but sadly the game relies on this panoramic view for the movement parts and I'm not totally sure if it's a good idea to limit the view down to one screen. I'm probably just going to try out the default partition in the center and see what people think of that, but I can't even begin to say how great your functions are. They are amazingly professional and they look so clean.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

ZombieIsland posted:

Hey guys, I'm having a really annoying sync problem with my Elgato capture card. I want to capture the audio and video separate, so I am recording the game with the elgato software and my audio with audacity, but when I go to adobe premier and try to sync them both I cannot get them to sync at all. It seems the elgato has a 1 second or so delay. Is there a work around with this or am I just editing horribly.
Also, I tried recording the audio through the elgato at the same time, and while it is slightly better, there is still a noticeable delay.

Thanks guys.
So are you saying that when you capture a video with the elgato that has audio, the audio is desynced? What settings are you using with the elgato and are you using HDMI, or what types of inputs are you using? Honestly if you're wanting the audio from a video, then normally I'd just record a video normally and you can rip the audio out of it later with Audacity.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Psion posted:

OK I have 10 Shadowplay part files I want to spit out into one stupidly long clip - I know it has problems with variable fps so how do I do this properly?

I don't even want to edit, really, just bring in the video and audio from each one in order and join them all into one thing, then output a final smaller than 35 gigabytes.

right now I've got this:
code:
LoadPlugin("c:\path\to\ffms2.dll")
Import("ffms2.avsi")
clip0=ffmpegsource2("part0.mp4", threads=1, fpsnum=60)
[...]
clip9=ffmpegsource2("part9.mp4", threads=1, fpsnum=60)

finalclip = clip0+clip1+clip2+ [...] +clip9

return finalclip
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something obvious before I set my computer to suffer on this overnight? I'm not really that good at merging multiple clips together, I usually miss something, so I'd like to get this right first instead of my typical fumble-around-and-hope-it-works approach.

More specifically, I'm almost certainly not calling the audio properly, but I don't know exactly how to do it.
Well have you actually tried playing the script to see if there are any errors or audio problems that occur? It does appear like your ffmegsource line doesn't really match up with what I normally have, which is:

code:
FFMpegSource2("video file name here", vtrack=-1, atrack=-1, threads=1)
I'd say to try to add in the vtrack and atrack if you do happen to run into any issues.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Psion posted:

I was letting it generate index files while I wrote it up and didn't mean to hit post just yet :shobon:

but, yes. MPC-HC played video, but no audio. Added the atrack and vtrack lines and the audio still didn't play. Maybe I did that wrong, but I had this:
code:
clip0=FFmpegSource2("part0.mp4", threads=1, vtrack = -1, atrack = -2, fpsnum=60)
etc.

I'm wondering if it's all the splices not splicing audio as well as video?
Well from a quick look at the manual for ffmegsource:

quote:

vtrack and atrack are the video and audio track to open, respectively; setting atrack <= -2 means audio is disabled.

So you might want to track atrack = -1 instead of -2? But you could also try to see if even a single mp4 will work first before adding in all the other lines, just to make sure that initial line works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I'm running into a bit of an odd issue with subtitles. Now I've added subtitles to my avisynth scripts before and it's been fine, but for some reason when I'm trying to use them now they'll show up fine when I preview the script in MPC but attempting to view the script in Virtualdub, or encode the script, causes the subtitles to not appear anymore. Any idea what I could be loving up here?

This is the script I'm using for reference (and maybe masti can help me again with something I might be loving up on):
code:
import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MastiDS.avs")
raw= avisource("C:\Users\paul\Desktop\4133 - Nanashi no Game Me (JP)(Independent)_14_31433.avi")
raw= raw.ChangeFPS(30)
raw= trim(raw, 1454, 3022)
raw= TextSub(raw, "C:\Users\paul\Desktop\NanaMeSubTest.rear end")
raw

MDS_Set169WideScreen()

MDS_VertStack()

MDS_TopVSlide(raw, 0)