Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Um, I guess I'll ask again here:

What systems do the Hauppage 610 USB-Live 2 device work for? Specifically I'm looking for a capture device that works for PS2s, Gamecubes, or Wiis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Hello, super beginner here, and I'm having trouble with even recording basic gameplay.

I'm using a Hauppage USB Live-2 recording device on a PS2, but while I was practicing just playing on the laptop, I found that there is a constant two-second lag on everything I do. I'm not sure if this is simply because of how recording works, and if I should have some kind of second set of components connected to the TV screen so I can accurately play in real time (although this would slightly screw up my plans for live commentary).

Are there any guides to the actual recording of video games, or is there just a really simple answer to this problem?

Thank you. :)

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Okay, so I bought a 3-Way AV Splitter so that I could simultaneously connect my PS2 to my Laptop and my TV in order to record LPs. I'm using a USB Live 2 Recording Device, and when I use it just with my laptop, I get a few seconds of lag, thus why I must use the Splitter so that I can record and play at same time.

Here's where the problem comes in. I'm trying to connect everything together, but the USB Live 2 Device only has female AV Cord Inputs. The 3-Way Splitter also has female AV cord inputs, so there's no way to connect the thing. It did come with a dual male AV Cord, but I have to use that to connect the TV. Is there something else I need to buy now, or is there some complicated wiring technique I need to learn?