Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I have a Hauppauge HD-PVR gaming edition. Is there a way to get rid of the delay? Also since I'm building a PC, can I get a capture card for my PC and hook a console to it or is that what the PVR is for? I was thinking about just selling the PVR to put towards a capture card if it was better and didn't have the delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Mico posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. Mine has no delay on the passthrough. Unless you're trying to play the game off the preview window in Hauppage Record in which case you should not have bought an external capture device.

The delay is in the preview and that was what I was wanting to get rid of. I should have clarified.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I still use a standard tv with it, I just was curious more for streams, due to the audio having to compensate for the delay. I guess I could just set a delay on when the recording starts though.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So is there a method to where people I have guesting with me on a stream can just see the game footage? I'm trying to find a way around them just watching the stream muted.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I was doing it for streaming but I didn't know it could go with anything LP. I've just been uploading raw video to youtube for commentary. I'll try Skype screen share and if it just tears my computer up just deal with it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Alright, so I'm using a Hauppage HDPVR 2 Gaming edition, an Asus MX279H and a computer with the following specifications in it:

Processor AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
Manufacturer AMD
Speed 3.2 GHz
Number of Cores 8
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 660
Dedicated Memory 2048 MB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Memory 8.0 GB

Anytime I hook my PS2 up to the capture card and that monitor, the image quality turns incredibly poor and grainy. I've tried hooking it up to just a CRT and it looks fine. Just trying to record off my PVR.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

How are you capturing your PS2? Component, S-Video or Composite? If you're only using 3 prongs, yellow, white and red, there's your problem. That's Composite video and it's poo poo. S-Video is a much bigger step up so try for that at the minimum. That'll also be 3 prongs, white, red and a bigger one with several pins. Component is the best option though. It's five prongs, red, green, blue, white and another red.

I did switch to Component and that is the quality I am getting. My monitor is telling me that the input signal is out of range. Apparently my capture card is putting it out to 480i.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 31, 2016

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

That fixed it. Thank you!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Has anyone had issues with OBS capturing a black screen ? I just built a new PC and when I go to game capture for say Street Fighter V, it captures a black screen unless I do window capture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TheMcD posted:

If you happen to have two GPUs, OBS and the game need to be set to the same GPU in order for Game Capture to work. I had this problem on my laptop where OBS was set to the integrated GPU while the game was set to the dedicated GPU.

It's detecting my 1060 in the settings and that's what I have it set to.