Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

jabro posted:

Is there some voodoo to get premium to be recognized on the PS4? I bought the code through Amazon, redeemed the code on my PS4, but it won't let me download the unlock key. I went to the web store and it was queued for the PS3. I downloaded it to my PS3 hoping it would transfer over on my account but still nothing.

That happened to me for a bit, I went to the playstation website and fiddled with the download history and it said I had purchased it, it just took a few days for it to finally show up for me, I don't know if checking the website helped or if it was coincidence, but it was fixed after I checked that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has anyone else been ranking up over and over again? After a map I'll hit the same rank I got in the last game I played. Really annoying. Also how do you set an mcom with an EOD? I have repeatedly approached one and held the normal activation button but nothing happens and it cuts back to my soldier. Am I just being destroyed every time I get there?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Donald Kimball posted:

is there a better way to get assists on this map? Maybe Support and just spray fart down the halls?

Yes, you answered your own question. Of course that's how you get assists.

red19fire posted:

They're doing double XP for the rest of the day!

…and all day tomorrow and the next day. And if you play on the last day (Thursday) you also get a OMG DICE DEVS ONLY pistol scope you'll never use.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

V for Vegans posted:

That happened to me for a bit, I went to the playstation website and fiddled with the download history and it said I had purchased it, it just took a few days for it to finally show up for me, I don't know if checking the website helped or if it was coincidence, but it was fixed after I checked that.

Yeah, it magically showed up in the PS4 store downloads after a bit. Weird that it would take a couple of hours to show up even when I redeemed it on the PS4.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Has anyone else been ranking up over and over again? After a map I'll hit the same rank I got in the last game I played. Really annoying. Also how do you set an mcom with an EOD? I have repeatedly approached one and held the normal activation button but nothing happens and it cuts back to my soldier. Am I just being destroyed every time I get there?

If it's cutting back to your soldier without you holding down X/square it was destroyed yea. I think you may have to activate it differently with an EoD bot than you would on your soldier though, maybe try holding your torch on it? that seems to be how it activates a lot of stuff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I tried the torch but didnt see a progress bar no matter what i did.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

If the controls are the same as BF3, then you hold circle, I forget what button it would be on Xbox. If you hold the normal activation button it just returns you to your regular character.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
What's the difference between the regular mine and the slam mine?

I've figured out the slam mines can stick to vehicles but that's the only difference I've seen so far. Can infantry set off the slams?

Also, I like the Stinger better than the AA launcher that you have to hold your lock on. With the Stinger I can fire and reload before the first missile even hits so if they launch flares the second missile's coming too fast for them to launch the flares again. I took out 7 helicopters and 9 tanks/IFVs in my last match between the Stinger and the Slam Mines. I also really like the ACE 52 carbine.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Woah, I was playing on that resort level, and the huge hotel started to collapse, as did my frame rate. It turned into a slideshow - disappointing. Game is still amazing though.

On another note does anyone else find the DS4 rumble to be weak?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

henpod posted:

Woah, I was playing on that resort level, and the huge hotel started to collapse, as did my frame rate. It turned into a slideshow - disappointing. Game is still amazing though.

On another note does anyone else find the DS4 rumble to be weak?

Did you only play ps3 before? i feel like the rumble is solid on the ps4 controller, but it may be that I'm used to the 360 controller which had very minimal rumble. When I played the last of us I really noticed a lot of rumble on the controller, so maybe they toned it down for the ps4, but it's still more than the 360.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Kingtheninja posted:

The ranking up twice thing is happening to me a lot too. Can't quite figure it out, but it seems like the game knows the first time that I am not truly "ranked up" even though it shows it onscreen, because I won't get (for example) the Battlepacks for the new rank until I re-rank up.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Oh I just figured out that the difference between the mines is that you can throw the M2s further and they stick to things other than the ground so you can put them on parked cars and building walls if you know a vehicle will pass by them.

I was getting the ranking up multiple time thing yesterday but I haven't gotten it today. I was also getting the Engineer and Conquest service stars over and over again yesterday. I think I got each like 3 or 4 times. It was causing me to level up extremely fast.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Hamburlgar posted:

Anyone up for playing some BF4 on the PS4 with me? Online right now.

And holy poo poo does the Airburst tear poo poo up, it's a beast!

Psn: Hamburlgar

It was fun playing with you and Aishen this morning. Because of my job I play a lot during the day here on the East Coast which I'm guessing is about dinner time fro Brits. If you see me playing just invite me or join my game.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Robot Randy posted:

I'm pretty sure this is how it works across all platforms. It even works on vehicles, but not on rubble or partially destroyed walls, since it has to be 'drawn' specifically on the level.

Also, for counter knifing, :siren: you can only counter/be countered if both players are standing :siren:. If you're crouching, you don't get the prompt.

You aren't entirely accurate. You can counter from a crouched position if they attempt to front stab you.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Also, every time I try to join a friend's game, I get a message that says "No free commander slots". I don't give a gently caress if I'm a commander or not! I just wanna play!

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Are the new China rising unlocks available on PS4 yet? I think they're supposed to be out today or tomorrow and I can't wait to try out some new maps and weapons.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

Bruc posted:

Are the new China rising unlocks available on PS4 yet? I think they're supposed to be out today or tomorrow and I can't wait to try out some new maps and weapons.

Nope still on the way, apparently.

If you can handle it, you can follow the news here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2955065217324596048/

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

I sure do love getting rezzed, dying, and then being stuck in purgatory. It happens at least 60% of the time. Fun!

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
Just thought if have a quick game online and I can't even start it up. I click to play the game in the Playstation menu and get the initial splash screen, my EU account stays there while my US account managed to get past that after about 2 or 3 seconds and then goes to a black screen. This is a downloaded version so I think its hosed and may need a reinstall...

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

yellowcar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7oamJtBpdU

Air superiority with loving helicopters. I don't even know!

Too bad we couldn't get helicopter superiority in BF3 when helicopters were actually fun to fly and good to use. Without below radar for air vehicle versus air vehicle it's literally just going to be idiot with the most altitude spamming the most AA missiles wins.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Slams do not require a vehicle pass over them to detonate. They just have to be within a certain range to trip them. This means you can line low passes, cover objects and shallow passes in the water levels with slams and reap kills.

Additionally, the counter knifing bit is off depending on how bad your ping is compared to the other player. It seems like there are times when I have clearly knifed someone from the side only to walk right into a counter because they managed to turn on their screen before it was initiated. It is also possible to continue turning or shooting during the knifing animation as I have both been shot out of it by my victim and had them turn on me as I was lunging into the final frames of the stab and counter me.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
:siren: unless you are a Premium member, CHINA RISING is, at the earliest, 2 weeks away. :siren:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Feenix posted:

:siren: unless you are a Premium member, CHINA RISING is, at the earliest, 2 weeks away. :siren:

I'm a premium member. Still don't have it.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Feenix posted:

Given the delays and patches, I'm figuring on two weeks for everybody.

Also, I'm interested in playing some tonight, EST time. PSN is phentyn.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

China rising seems to work fine on xbone, probably cause there's only like 300 of us.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Someone won the entire game.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Kingtheninja posted:

If you rank up via ribbons it won't count.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I refuse to believe that actually happened.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

drat, that's like the modern version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wFI9vTqto

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That is almost a perfect 1UP from the BF3 goldeneye video where the guy kills the pilot of a chopper in damavand, and enters it mid air.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
So do most of the multiplayer issues stem from Conquest matches? I played my first multiplayer match and went 14-6 in Domination on Operation Locker. So good with no problems. Now I just need to wait for Premium to go on sale.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
PS4 servers seem hosed right now. Tried to join conquest and got dumped into squad DM. Tried domination and it sent me to TDM instead. Anybody else having issues?

E: it's working now. Just managed to join conquest.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 4, 2013

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Huh, I can't seem to download these maps at all. BF4 on my PS4 doesn't seemed to have downloaded a patch, they don't show up in the store, and nothing in game downloads it, it just tells me to buy premium even though I already have it.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Porkchop Express posted:

Huh, I can't seem to download these maps at all. BF4 on my PS4 doesn't seemed to have downloaded a patch, they don't show up in the store, and nothing in game downloads it, it just tells me to buy premium even though I already have it.

Yeah, pretty much everything is broken again. Even the Create Party screen on the PS4 menu is crashing for me now.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
I seem to be able to play conquest just fine, it just wont download the new maps, or let me play on them.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

How do you find the download for the new maps? I have premium.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
:siren:The PS4 patch with China Rising got delayed. There were still too many issues with it. :siren:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769617349290/

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 4, 2013

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

the truth posted:

How do you find the download for the new maps? I have premium.

I went to the in-game store menu and was able to select a big China Rising tab. It said I already have the item, and asked if I would like to install it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

:siren:The PS4 patch with China Rising got delayed. There were still too many issues with it. :siren:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769617349290/

That is not correct. The patch was delayed. The patch was bug fixes only. The very article you link states that China Rising is out for Premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
It doesn't seem to be out for members without premium but have the launch edition that comes with CR, unfortunately.

• Locked thread