Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Manatee Cannon posted:

It wasn't hard to get over 60 kills in BF3 on PS3, dunno why it would be different for this game on 360.

That's because we were good at the game :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Captain Pike posted:

Holy poo poo, how does one get 65 kills in a match???

(Oh, this is XBOX One, not 360. Twice the players)

Perfectly feasible on the 360. Pubbies are stupid and only see what's in front of them. As long as you never cap the flag you've hidden your spawn beacon at, they'll never stop to wonder why they keep getting attacked from behind.

Also, silencer. If you're not using one, you gonna have a bad time.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I like Destiny for all the co-op stuff like strikes and what not but the PvP isn't nearly as fun as BF4, I'll definitely keep playing BF4 since it's the only thing like it out there until whenever the new Battlefront comes out. Or Hardline I guess though I don't know how similar a cop/criminal game will be to a military FPS like BF4.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Mustang posted:

I like Destiny for all the co-op stuff like strikes and what not but the PvP isn't nearly as fun as BF4, I'll definitely keep playing BF4 since it's the only thing like it out there until whenever the new Battlefront comes out. Or Hardline I guess though I don't know how similar a cop/criminal game will be to a military FPS like BF4.

Similar enough that it felt like an expansion pack for $14.99.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't think it felt similar as much as much as it felt gutted.

"Have you ever wondered what BF4 would feel like if it looked and played way crappier and most of the fun poo poo in Battlefield was missing in favor of a poorly thought out gimmick? Preorder now and get the sad trombone weapon"

I actually thought Hardline looked cool until I played it. Unless they end up doing some major work on it before release, that amazing gameplay trailer is hilariously dishonest because the beta sucked. BC2 Vietnam was 10 times cooler than that and it was a $15 expansion.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

So the krew ain't jumping ship to Hardline right? I can double dip on BF4 once I get a PS4 without you assholes abandoning it when Hardline comes out right? :arghfist:

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to get it, but I'm leaning towards no. BF4 will probably be it for me until 5 or whatever is after.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

yellowcar posted:

So the krew ain't jumping ship to Hardline right? I can double dip on BF4 once I get a PS4 without you assholes abandoning it when Hardline comes out right? :arghfist:

I'm not touching Hardline. I'll be waiting for you my love.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If I get a Battlefield game with the PS4 whenever I eventually upgrade (Bloodborne is my deadline, gotta have one before that's out) it'll be Hardline. But probably gonna just wait until BF5 or Battlefront if the main series is skipping next year.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

NESguerilla posted:

I didn't think it felt similar as much as much as it felt gutted.

"Have you ever wondered what BF4 would feel like if it looked and played way crappier and most of the fun poo poo in Battlefield was missing in favor of a poorly thought out gimmick? Preorder now and get the sad trombone weapon"

I actually thought Hardline looked cool until I played it. Unless they end up doing some major work on it before release, that amazing gameplay trailer is hilariously dishonest because the beta sucked. BC2 Vietnam was 10 times cooler than that and it was a $15 expansion.

I'm expecting they will do a lot of work on it. Keep in mind that the Beta was back around June and they pushed the release date of the game back at least 3 months; most likely more. We all know about the general :dice: bullshit, but I'm a little optimistic from what I've been reading about the game and EA's new mindset as of late.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Charles Martel posted:

I'm expecting they will do a lot of work on it. Keep in mind that the Beta was back around June and they pushed the release date of the game back at least 3 months; most likely more. We all know about the general :dice: bullshit, but I'm a little optimistic from what I've been reading about the game and EA's new mindset as of late.

It was amazing to be in the beta and have people typing in "I can't believe they are selling this DLC as a full game" and "This game is just a Battlefield 4 mod" over and over and over. The concept that this was basically the E3 demo people were going to play one round of made available to people who were pumping hours into it was completely lost on them. Some even seemed to believe they paid for it.

Still not getting that game, though, I want tanks and planes and conquest mode.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So did pretty much all the BF4 shootmans 36bro's switch to PS4 rather than the 'Bone? I don't see a lot of you on my friends list anymore :smith:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm on the bone as is Mail, Saggy, Nicko and the Dino dudes. Destiny is fun but the pvp gets stale fast so I won't be leaving bf4 anytime soon. Is there any concrete information about Battlefront or is it just something that Disney might let happen?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
On the plus side, we're getting all of the physics bug fixes made for Hardline dropped into BF4, so that's nice.

My KDR just broke 3!

Nick - did you know you're #78 in the world for KDR on the 'bone?

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 16, 2014

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beastie posted:

I'm on the bone as is Mail, Saggy, Nicko and the Dino dudes. Destiny is fun but the pvp gets stale fast so I won't be leaving bf4 anytime soon. Is there any concrete information about Battlefront or is it just something that Disney might let happen?

Battlefront is a thing that is happening, EA bought the rights to future Star Wars games and DICE LA is apparently already doing some work on it according to one of the PC guys who is friendly with a dev.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also it's been announced and there is a trailer from E3 so you don't really need an EA insider for confirmation.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Battlefront has the potential to be so awesome with the most minimal effort from DICE.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
This is really the only video I could find with stuff actually from DICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIbB2zlpg4

Looks awesome and it's supposed to be FPS plus third person mode available like the earlier Battlefront games.

Honestly I had no idea DICE wasn't involved in the first 2 since they seemed so similar to Battlefield.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

If I get a Battlefield game with the PS4 whenever I eventually upgrade (Bloodborne is my deadline, gotta have one before that's out) it'll be Hardline. But probably gonna just wait until BF5 or Battlefront if the main series is skipping next year.

Bloodborne is Feb. I still play a little BF4 between TLOU and will only play Hardline when I get it free, like Density. You could get TLOU and that'd get you to Xmas 15 for Battlefront, and next year has the Division too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah, I know about Bloodborne. Pretty excited that it's so soon and there's still the last Dark Souls 2 DLC to play later this month. I am definitely getting TLOU Remastered, and even though Destiny looks kinda boring I'll probably end up getting that too (maybe as a bundle). Hopefully The Division is good but we'll see!

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Counterpoint: I've been having a lot of fun with Destiny. If it's not your thing though that's cool.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Beastie posted:

Good to know that there is still a crew! I'm just super hesitant on actually going through with a 'Bone purchase. Ya know, because of all the hate it gets.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If that's where your friends are and where the games you want to play are being released then just get it. Who cares if people don't like it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not going to Dreamcast. Each update it gets better and a bit faster. Exclusives have never been a deal breaker for me, and I have never been able to get the hang of Sony controllers.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

My friends are on the Bone and I have no complaints. I like it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

GramCracker posted:

Ya know, because of all the hate it gets.

It's a fine system and has only gotten better with it's continuing monthly updates. It's slightly underpowered compared to the PS4 and games obviously don't look nearly as good as the PC versions, but graphics don't make a game. Buy what makes you happy.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/0...85&sf31309963=1

Yay they're buffing suppressors and PDWs. Everything's coming up HML!

Oh no! They're getting rid of ghost riding.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Charles Martel posted:

It's a fine system and has only gotten better with it's continuing monthly updates. It's slightly underpowered compared to the PS4 and games obviously don't look nearly as good as the PC versions, but graphics don't make a game. Buy what makes you happy.

I think my issue is I have yet to see any games that make me sit up and notice.

Shooty-Mans 4 on the 'Bone is great because of the better graphics and 64 players.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Again??? gently caress off, :dice:

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Observations for today:

- Why does the Chinese Support guy wear a scary halloween mask on his head? (He has big lady hips too lol)

- 'The Gold Coast' Resort & Hotel should fire their sign-designer. Arial is not an acceptable font for a big impressive hotel sign!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Pike posted:

Observations for today:

- Why does the Chinese Support guy wear a scary halloween mask on his head? (He has big lady hips too lol)

I've been wondering this for a year. What is up with those masks on their heads?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/0...85&sf31309963=1

Yay they're buffing suppressors and PDWs. Everything's coming up HML!

How else are we supposed to discourage campers on our team?

Hey this thing seems to be fine, let's tweak it. :dice:

Also, I found the worst PSN name:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Apparently it's their fix for those fun deaths where you get run over by your own vehicle.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Going back to Titanfall from this makes me appreciate server browsers so much more. While Titanfall is fun, it's very bizarre sense of matchmaking makes it unplayable sometimes. If I had a BROWSER to choose which matches to participate in, I wouldn't keep getting flung into matches against stacked teams and also into the same two servers over and over again despite alternating between 3 different regions.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

I've been wondering this for a year. What is up with those masks on their heads?

It looks kind of like a blast shield, just not one of the fancy welding mask looking ones that are stapled to the russian hat.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Apparently it's their fix for those fun deaths where you get run over by your own vehicle.

this happened to me on paracel thursday before you went afk. wanted to jump out and gun down a stinger wiener, but got ghost rode by my chopper. just about sent controller through my tv.

i'm starting to really like the mini gun + guided missile wombo combo. takes some getting use to vs infy (did have some nice snipes on that flood zone round), but being able to mow down every air vehicle is pretty good, and being able to help out more against ground vehicles is a plus. also, it's criminal just how unbalanced flood zone is for the choppers, us side has way more cover and poo poo to hide behind.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

this happened to me on paracel thursday before you went afk. wanted to jump out and gun down a stinger wiener, but got ghost rode by my chopper. just about sent controller through my tv.

i'm starting to really like the mini gun + guided missile wombo combo. takes some getting use to vs infy (did have some nice snipes on that flood zone round), but being able to mow down every air vehicle is pretty good, and being able to help out more against ground vehicles is a plus. also, it's criminal just how unbalanced flood zone is for the choppers, us side has way more cover and poo poo to hide behind.

I knew you'd come around. It's not as easy to kill infantry with (but still pretty easy) but against light armor and other air vehicles it's a blast.

I tried the guided missile on Golmud, it was fun. Wasn't really getting shot at a lot so I'd probably go back to heatseeker on open maps if I kept getting cheesed in the air.

Hang back on Golmud and just hunt down jeeps with your minis. It's so fun.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 21, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

They're ballistics masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz_SjahiAnM

Doesn't help if you're not wearing them! :downs:

Bratfink
Feb 20, 2013
I was hoping to keep my awesome post count at zero but I need help with the Goon leaderboard. I have been removed presumably for inactivity and the self registration isn't working. (Yes I have read the instructions and tried several times to be sure)

Is there anyone who can lend a hand ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bratfink posted:

I was hoping to keep my awesome post count at zero but I need help with the Goon leaderboard. I have been removed presumably for inactivity and the self registration isn't working. (Yes I have read the instructions and tried several times to be sure)

Is there anyone who can lend a hand ?

Weird, not sure what happened there. Sorry. I'll try to sort it now.

edit: Should be back on there now. Can't see any reason from my end why it didn't work for you. Also feel free to PSN message me or SA PM me if you have site issues and don't want to post about them here.

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 22, 2014

• Locked thread