Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
ill only play atacama if they have jets

not going through that again. that map gave me ptsd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I selected Laguna Alta, Laguna Presa, Oasis and Harvest Day and left the rest blank

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

thenicko33 posted:

ill only play atacama if they have jets

not going through that again. that map gave me ptsd.

Have u heard of ace combat

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Yeah wtf? What kind of masochist actually wants to play Atacama?

Harvest Day, Kharg, Bazaar, Seine Crossing, Panama Canal, Nelson Bay and Port Valdez made my "please remake" list.

Also I know it was a stupid, spread out map, but I loved El Alamein and voted for it.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
look at all these non bc1 playing scrubs

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Wake, El Alamein, Cassino.

Thats it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Also I know it was a stupid, spread out map, but I loved El Alamein and voted for it.

el alamein ain't got poo poo on kubra dam

also gently caress kubra dam

actually gently caress bf2 in general, bf2: mc was better even. i want to see deadly pass and hidden back over anything from any other bf game except for bc2 ones.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 9, 2014

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I selected a bunch out of everything, but including El Alamein, Operation Flaming Dart, Daqing Oilfields, Valley Run, Arica Harbour, both Presas and Alta, Kharg, Seine, and a few others.

But what do I suspect we'll get? Wake, Karkand, something from 3 and maybe something from BC/Vietnam.

StevoMcQueen fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 10, 2014

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Robot Randy posted:

look at all these non bc1 playing scrubs

I loaded this up on the weekend and... There are still enough people playing it to get a decent set of games.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Chalupa Joe posted:

I loaded this up on the weekend and... There are still enough people playing it to get a decent set of games.

Same thing with BC2, even.

Bad Company owns and DICE doesn't even realize how much it owns :smith:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Bad Company owns because:

The story parts are basically wacky hijinks, and aren't trying to be serious drama.
No jets.
Fewer weapons and an unlock system that isn't tedious.
The kits are actually distinct from each other, which bush wookies excepted seemed to promote teamwork better than everyone being able to roll: Carbine/Shotgun, Pistol, Grenades with the only difference being the class gadgets.

That's not to say there aren't problems, but it feels like BF3 and 4 fixed the wrong things.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 9, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bad Company owns because the guns are actually fin to shoot people with, which is generally the most important part of a first-person shooter imo

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Cubey posted:

Bad Company owns because the guns are actually fin to shoot people with, which is generally the most important part of a first-person shooter imo

Never played Bad company, but what was so different about the guns?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

blackguy32 posted:

Never played Bad company, but what was so different about the guns?

You could counter-snipe snipers with engineer guns, or even with rocker launchers if you wanted.

I don't even think I need to go into more detail than that.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

You could counter-snipe snipers with engineer guns, or even with rocker launchers if you wanted.

I don't even think I need to go into more detail than that.

If you've never countersniped a wookie with a rocket launcher in bf4 then you're literally worse at this game than hitler

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Succumbed to the pressure and bought a 'Bone. Just re-applied for the Goon stats page. Looking to shoot more mans now.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

calling it: wake, karkand, bazaar, seinne because the BF community is terrible

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

gently caress it I bought bf4 twice, premium, bf3, bc2, and bf2 just loving give me all the maps.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lawnie posted:

If you've never countersniped a wookie with a rocket launcher in bf4 then you're literally worse at this game than hitler

the demo of bf4 turned me off ever actually buying the game so

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

GramCracker posted:

Succumbed to the pressure and bought a 'Bone. Just re-applied for the Goon stats page. Looking to shoot more mans now.

Puttin' the band back togetherrrrrr

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It's a *lot* harder to be an unkillable solo badass.

In BF3/BC2, I could easily take points by myself. Everyone was spread over the map so at most you'd have to kill 3-4 people at a time.

Now if I'm trying to defend/attack by myself, I often run into groups of 6-8 people. Tanking? 32 people on the other team means at least 4-5 guys with SMAW/RPG/JAVs will be taking shots at you at the same time.

It's a lot more unforgiving if you don't work well with your team. My playstyle was frequently "f you all, I'm going my own way", which worked well on 24 player maps. Now it just gets me killed a lot.

Quoting old me. I was so innocent, so naive. 64 player Battlefield is just as easy, just don't try to take points. Conquest is only for farming kills.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Must be Euro severs or something but about 8 times out of 10 I get into a decent game where everyone plays pretty seriously. Of course you can't avoid joining a steamrolled sniper "defender" team but overall they seem to take it more seriously over there? Any euro goons care to comment?

The 'Merican in me wants to believe it has to do with all the Islamic/Ukraine/Russian clan tags"Training."

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
someguy got his bone, but he doesn't have bf4 yet

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

yellowcar posted:

I more or less think this is exactly what is going to happen. And all of them will be night maps because the BF community should never be left in control of any decisions about this franchise ever.

Except for when they say gently caress hardline because gently caress hardline.

thenicko33 posted:

someguy got his bone, but he doesn't have bf4 yet

Huh, he got banned. I was wondering what happened to him.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Wake Island remakes have been done to death, I would much prefer Battle of Britain or Market Garden.

Coral Sea would be great too if you could actually sink the carriers. The 1943 version in '09 was so inferior, DICE removed the carrier sinking objective and insta-killed pilots upon ejecting, so you couldn't conduct fun rescue missions to pick up stranded people in the bomber any more, in fact couldn't even walk around on land.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yellowcar posted:

Seinne was the best map in vanilla BF3 though. :colbert:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Seinne was the best map in vanilla BF3 though. :colbert:

gently caress that flag with the apartment building where every camper constantly stays on the 2nd floor.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

here's some Final Stand thoughts:
TDM maps are a camping crapfest, and appear to be designed to encourage a camping crapfest.
Conquest maps are pretty drat fun, except for the one that doesn't have a snowmobile, because the snowmobile is awesome. Especially on Whiteout.
Railgun is kind of neat, but the brief times I got a chance to use it, I got killed from across the map by the tank I was shooting at, and missed the rest of the time. Needs practice I guess, good way to get an anti-tank option if you're not playing Engineer.
Decoy + C4 is good fun, there's always someone that comes around sniffing for tags, and then BOOM.
Target Finder... liking it so far in smaller maps (Vanilla TDM), but the jury is still out. Works ok on a DMR, not as useful on the MTAR.
Accipiter... got it once, didn't have a chance to figure out how to work it before I either ran out of battery or it got shot down.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Puttin' the band back togetherrrrrr

Heck yea, bruh! It's been too long since I shotmans with people who know what they are doing (aka Goons).

I played a couple of rounds last night. :aaaaa: Going from 360 to the Bone is INSANE. 360 was SO lovely in comparison. :vince: Literally every aspect of the game is better, from mechanics to graphics and sound.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I'm trying to rally the troops HML. I think you'll see some of us soon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yellowcar posted:

gently caress that flag with the apartment building where every camper constantly stays on the 2nd floor.

That was bad but to be fair every map in vanilla BF3 had something dumb like that. Or it was Firestorm and the entire thing was dumb like that.

Trekkie
Aug 6, 2013

Chalupa Joe posted:

Bad Company owns because:

The story parts are basically wacky hijinks, and aren't trying to be serious drama.
No jets.
Fewer weapons and an unlock system that isn't tedious.
The kits are actually distinct from each other, which bush wookies excepted seemed to promote teamwork better than everyone being able to roll: Carbine/Shotgun, Pistol, Grenades with the only difference being the class gadgets.

That's not to say there aren't problems, but it feels like BF3 and 4 fixed the wrong things.

BF:BC 2 had one of the best quotes from a game ever after that satellite came down and the Sweetwater said something like 'that was the coolest thing I ever saw'.

Think he also had a Hoth quote I really liked.

I was bummed that story line hasn't completed. That was the last BF game I enjoyed the single player. I have yet to bother to finish BF4's story.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Chemmy posted:

I'm trying to rally the troops HML. I think you'll see some of us soon.

Yep, I'm down to play BF4 whenever! Be good to shoot mans as a group again.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

10 Beers posted:

Yep, I'm down to play BF4 whenever! Be good to shoot mans as a group again.

I'd love to play, being from South Africa though, means I got 300ms latency to the States, just pretend I'm a woman soldier.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Right now is a great time to play too. So many really bad pubbies. I find myself getting surprised by 2 or 3 guys and winning the exchange when I should really have lost. Just make sure you aren't on the pubby team, cause redfire and I lost a round 600 or so to 0 despite getting about 20 kills in 10 minutes.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ARACHTION posted:

Right now is a great time to play too. So many really bad pubbies. I find myself getting surprised by 2 or 3 guys and winning the exchange when I should really have lost. Just make sure you aren't on the pubby team, cause redfire and I lost a round 600 or so to 0 despite getting about 20 kills in 10 minutes.

I was already getting sick of that server when you showed up, I was on the worst pub team vs a lot of level 130+ autists. I saw a 136, I didn't know it went that high.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

ARACHTION posted:

I think it's all the cheap Xbox bundles/black friday pubbies that are making it so fun.

Plus BF4 keeps going on sale.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
When are all you Xboners usually playing? I'm on the west coast and usually play late at night so I feel like I'm missing out on the action here.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

When are all you Xboners usually playing? I'm on the west coast and usually play late at night so I feel like I'm missing out on the action here.

Mostly on weekends during the day/early evening at this point. You're only ever on around the time I'm putting on bedtime Netflix.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

red19fire posted:

I was already getting sick of that server when you showed up, I was on the worst pub team vs a lot of level 130+ autists. I saw a 136, I didn't know it went that high.

I've been seeing a lot of players with funky dog tags using bow+arrow on ps4, but I've been out of the game for a few months so they may have always been there.
Also I probably see a lot because I tend to get killed a lot riding around trying to do sick jumps on my snowmobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

bluegoon posted:

I'd love to play, being from South Africa though, means I got 300ms latency to the States, just pretend I'm a woman soldier.

Huh?

• Locked thread