Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Someguy has BF4 now.

Between Nick, myself, fastest and someguy, I think we can hit a 200 ticket quota. We just have to believe in ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
bullshit, #1 attack jet pilot joined your side on tranny.

the dude is super good too, wanted to fly against him more but he had someone in the stealth.

and i didn't feel like getting reamed

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 28, 2014

Lunchtray
Jan 24, 2007
I was all of history's great robot actors. Acting Unit 0.8. Thespomat. David Duchovny!
Hey guys. Just picked up BF4 & Premium for $30 Bux on PS4. Looking to get back into shooty-mans and need a new crew as I jumped to Playstation this gen.

PSN: Lunchtrays

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Lunchtray posted:

Hey guys. Just picked up BF4 & Premium for $30 Bux on PS4. Looking to get back into shooty-mans and need a new crew as I jumped to Playstation this gen.

DONT DO THIS TO ME LUNCHTRAYS

I've been trying to not buy a console and I was thinking about you the other day and I miss you okay :allears:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

bullshit, #1 attack jet pilot joined your side on tranny.

the dude is super good too, wanted to fly against him more but he had someone in the stealth.

and i didn't feel like getting reamed

I wondered why you switched teams. I gave up on BF4 after I couldn't get back in party.

Lunchtray
Jan 24, 2007
I was all of history's great robot actors. Acting Unit 0.8. Thespomat. David Duchovny!

tehinternet posted:

I've been trying to not buy a console and I was thinking about you the other day and I miss you okay :allears:

If you missed me so much you'd buy a console... Cause guilt trips you know?

I grabbed the PS4 for a song a couple months back. $350 CDN for the Last of Us bundle via a drugstore points scheme.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tehinternet posted:

please buy an xbone ahnuld we miss you more

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
But I specifically bought a wired 360 controller for my PC arcadey games. I feel like if the bone was meant to be I would have gotten one there.

I dunno. I'm not really poor anymore, maybe I'll get both. Or none.

Miss the XBROS though...

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

But I specifically bought a wired 360 controller for my PC arcadey games. I feel like if the bone was meant to be I would have gotten one there.

Miss the XBROS though...

That reminds me, I'm due a free copy of Nuclear Throne. Do you want that when it comes in? Sort of like a top down insane Risk of Rain.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've heard people compare it to Binding of Isaac.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've heard people compare it to Binding of Isaac.

Not far off. I may just send Ahnuld the video I made of it to sell him on it. If you have a semi decent computer or Mac it's really worth picking up. Binding of Issac perspective but you have an array of weapons and use the mouse to aim. You level up and get to choose a mutation that changes some facet of how you play from then on out and pick up progressively stronger and more bizarre weapons and get faced with more and more super powerful enemies to compliment the weaponry. I've sunk ten hours into it over the last week or so and I'm still not tired of it.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I too just got BF4 + Premium on PS4, that 50% off was a deal too good to pass up.

PSN is The_Maniac_Cop, shoot mans are go! :buddy:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

so stoked new PS4 bros are joining. but PSN is down so i can't add any of you :negative:

E: PSN is fixed. but the game crashed in my first match. Same old :dice:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 29, 2014

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The year of luigi 2014 next next gen and poo poo still fucks up. Personally I find the whole xbone ui especially party/friends is worse and slower than 360. And when I sign in and it displays how many friends are playing each popular game, selecting that takes me to the game page instead of friends.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah taking you to the game page is pants on head retarded and it's still mostly ads but it's come a long way since it came out a year ago and I have high hopes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

tehinternet posted:

there are less reasons than ever right now to own a game console. the convenience is gone and 99% of things worth playing are on PC as well. don't waste your money..

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Lazyfire posted:

Not far off. I may just send Ahnuld the video I made of it to sell him on it. If you have a semi decent computer or Mac it's really worth picking up. Binding of Issac perspective but you have an array of weapons and use the mouse to aim. You level up and get to choose a mutation that changes some facet of how you play from then on out and pick up progressively stronger and more bizarre weapons and get faced with more and more super powerful enemies to compliment the weaponry. I've sunk ten hours into it over the last week or so and I'm still not tired of it.

Yeah dude, I'll take it when my machine is back up.

Cubey posted:

there are less reasons than ever right now to own a game console. the convenience is gone and 99% of things worth playing are on PC as well. don't waste your money..

Yeah... that's kind of where I'm at. I just miss my Xbros. :smith:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

^^^I like how you killed the "convenience" argument by downloading malware and having to do a fresh install. Score one for the consoles.

Cubey posted:

Eh, I'm as big an advocate for people switching to PC as you'll find, but for some people the consoles are going to be the better option for a number of reasons. I'll agree with you that if you already have a decent PC picking up a console is probably unnecessary, though.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Cubey posted:

I got a ps3/4 specifically to watch netflix and dvd's because i didn't need cable. now i basically force myself to play vidya games and a $35 chromecast handles all my streaming entertainment needs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The convenience of a console still exists, especially if you have poor internet considering how big games are getting and how rare boxed copies of PC games have become. You're right that there are less reasons to buy a console over upgrading your computer, but they're still there. PC is better but it's not necessarily the best choice for everyone.

Basically gently caress y'all I wanna play Bloodborne

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Lunchtray posted:

Mash posted:

I too just got BF4 + Premium on PS4, that 50% off was a deal too good to pass up.

PSN is The_Maniac_Cop, shoot mans are go! :buddy:

http://battlefieldgoons.com/register

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Daaaaamn Trays you know better!

And shut up Lazyfire, it said download torrent okay I just want the pirate bay back

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I bit on the ps4 deal too, I have been wanting to try this on a console.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I got BF4 on the PS3 there, if anyone still plays that and wants to add me:

PS3 - Chewbert_D

& I registered with BFGoons too.

Lunchtray
Jan 24, 2007
Yes yes I forgot the bf goons website stuff. It's done now.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
My 24/7 Zavod server is still full. I think I'm onto something.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
makes sense that it's still full cuz it is the only map in the game.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Locker tho

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Punished for the banhammer. Can't rejoin my own drat server.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
it was emptying out anyways.

glad i was able to come back and get my zavod fix though, really hope it fills tomorrow.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
A couple questions:

1) Apparently there are dog tags hidden in the Final Stand maps? I'm seeing entire servers dedicated to dog tag scavenger hunts. Where should I be looking for them and are they in a container or something? What signs should I be looking for?

2) What's the deal with this Phantom program thing? I've had this since launch and not a single clue has been dropped on how to get the Phantom tags.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It's a colossal waste of time for a semi-fun weapon that will get you killed more often than not.

But yes, the tags are hidden around the FS maps. Look for the maps on google images. The tags are mapped out, but they're next to impossible to find. Every time I've found one, I couldn't open the container no matter how many times I knifed it.

I finally gave up and just camped the rail gun instead. It's much more fun than a bow with a long reload that you'll probably miss with. And if you do manage to hit someone, it doesn't instakill unless it's a headshot.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lunchtray posted:

I'm still rolling occasionally and have you on my list from Destiny, xbros never say die

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

A couple questions:

1) Apparently there are dog tags hidden in the Final Stand maps? I'm seeing entire servers dedicated to dog tag scavenger hunts. Where should I be looking for them and are they in a container or something? What signs should I be looking for?

2) What's the deal with this Phantom program thing? I've had this since launch and not a single clue has been dropped on how to get the Phantom tags.

I googled it a while ago because I was curious, and was seeing a lot of phantom dog tags on people and people using bows. Turns out it's a special reward for being a student or unemployed.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I don't know about that. I work full time and with the help of some other people I got that bow without too much hassle. After you find one tag, you don't need any others, but you'll need people who have them in order to take the elevator down into the super secret area!

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

If you're desparate to try the bow but think the whole tag thing is a bullshit waste of time, just do what I do and easily kill the people trying to use the drat thing and pick up their kit.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

ARACHTION posted:

If you're desparate to try the bow but think the whole tag thing is a bullshit waste of time, just do what I do and easily kill the people trying to use the drat thing and pick up their kit.

When I picked up a support kit that had that, I was pissed. At least have the loving courtesy to have an LMG.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Was there some sort of clue or hint I should have been looking for in regards to the Phantom program/tags? I can just look up what to do to get them, but don't like looking up hints unless I absolutely have to and like to earn things the old-fashioned way.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
that clip was great, mail. that dude got poo poo on, he took the bait like a good pubby. wish it had voices so everyone could hear my mlg "go go go" callout.

like how it ended with us driving off into the sunset with another lav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'm not sure what's going on. I have 140 hours in on PC but burnt that out in the first few months. Every time I go back I get bored or annoyed. Now playing it on ps4 I can't stop, and I'm having a blast, and I haven't even hooked up with any goons.

• Locked thread