Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

PTizzle posted:

Ah well, time to find a new gadget I guess!

That's the spirit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's Friday and i'm a loser with no friends!! Let's play some video games together nerds.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

make all the try hard clans cry because we won't play the objective but still win anyway

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
The ucav nerf would make sense if it was only the first 60 seconds of the round that you went without it to prevent the game starting with a cross map ucav straight into the other teams spawn, especially since the roof rookies aren't in their nerd nests yet, but after that initial minute once everyone has dispersed from the spawn and the roof wookies have decided to be shitlords, the ucav should be available on spawn like it was before the patch.

The idea of following complaints from web forums for fixing their game is stupid, as the only people who will post feedback on those forums are angry people. I've played a poo poo ton of battlefield over the years and am satisfied with the game when it isn't crashing, so I'm not posting on reddit or battle log about how the ucav feels great and the maa is really good at killing mans. Instead, the people who seek out the battlefield forums or post on the bf4 reddit page are the ones angry about stupid poo poo who need a place to vent their nerd rage from forth their cheeto dust encrusted fingertips. The cte is good for finding bugs in the new maps or getting data on whether a new weapon is getting a majority of kills at the desired distance, but the people paid to know how to balance a game shouldn't be attempting to pander to the loud minority of bf4 players complaining on forums because they're too lovely to realize that sniping without a roof over their head may occasionally result in a ucav coming their way.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
After months of GTA, decided to give BF a whirl.

Yeah, no. Bunch of opinions incoming.

The UCAV doesn't affect me as I never used the thing, but I feel your pain. Having to wait a minute to mortar some sniper dug in on a cliff face/inaccessable rooftop is bullshit.

New weapons seem pretty average to mediocre (AN-94 seems no better/worse than other rifles, L86 is hampered by low mag size, haven't tried the grozas enough to really judge, and the mare's leg is too slow to be a really effective sidearm.)

Dunno if it's the weapon overhaul tweaks or the break I've had, but even after a few hours play I seem to get plenty of hit markers and few kills, especially at range, so for me at least the shooting feels pretty broken now. Sure, if I play a bunch, I'll adapt, but I'm really not sure I can be bothered anymore.

Spotting seems even more spotty than before, which leads to hammering the spot button multiple times and getting killed while exposed, so I just gave up after a while.

Gunmaster pistols only is a fun distraction if a) you can find a server running that mode, and b) one team isn't stacked with a clan taking turns to be the 'winner'.

Stuff that hasn't changed: pubbies, getting stuck on random scenery. Oh, and the 1911 killing stuff good, so there's that at least.

While I miss playing with you guys, the crucial difference between this and GTA has been that I don't find myself shouting at my tv anywhere near as much while playing GTA. :(

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pubbies are dumb and bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69akuoPudg

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So now that PDW"s got nerfed what's the new tryhard gun?? Asking for a friend, but be specific.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So now that PDW"s got nerfed what's the new tryhard gun?? Asking for a friend, but be specific.

Mare's Leg

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

PDWs were not nerfed. The p90 is about on par with the P90 from BF3 at this point.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Sunday Shootmans?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Did DICE ever get around to posting a full changelog for this patch?

E: Nvm found it

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
I loving hate jets.

I need two god drat kills toward finishing an assignment and have spent the last three hours disabling about a hundred vehicles without doing enough damage to get a kill, but somehow when I'm in a tank I get hosed by one rocket kills all day long.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

winter.mute posted:

I loving hate jets.

I need two god drat kills toward finishing an assignment and have spent the last three hours disabling about a hundred vehicles without doing enough damage to get a kill, but somehow when I'm in a tank I get hosed by one rocket kills all day long.

Use laser guided, find a paracel storm 24/7 server, explode jetskis and rhibs. Least that's how I got my kills in jets.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
I finally hit a dirt bike two guys were loading up with c4 on Silk Road and got a double kill, now I can move on to something more fun... pistol kills

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Having battlefield withdraws but even though I've been in my new house for a week it's still a week til they can come set up Internet (thanks time warner) and five days till my furniture arrives (thanks government Obama)

I will vent my rage on the pubbies. Perhaps some badmining will be in order

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Having battlefield withdraws but even though I've been in my new house for a week it's still a week til they can come set up Internet (thanks time warner) and five days till my furniture arrives (thanks government Obama)

I will vent my rage on the pubbies. Perhaps some badmining will be in order

I've gotten sooooooooo much work done since you and Nick disappeared. It's great.

I joined a helpful pubbies' full party the other night. They were nice enough, and they were excited about finally being able to tear up the other team with a full party going on.

My favorite line of the night: "Whoever is sniping next to me, watch out, I just got knifed!"

Not something that would ever be uttered by someone in this thread.

Perfectly sums up pubbies though and why the other team continued to dominate us despite thefull party.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3SmUj8vcec

some random activity.

the second clip proves you find the occasional pubbie ready to join in the shenanigans without ever saying a word
and the last clip has to be the most oblivious sniper I've ever seen

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm a dum-dum and still play this game...It's not hardline so I suppose I'm not a complete dum-dum.

:/badjoke:
Shoot some gender specific people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Some clips from the past few days. Didn't really edit them so a few end at weird times but it's not that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AChF4NhTVw0

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

winter.mute posted:

I loving hate jets.
With 38 minutes and 40 seconds in stealth jets, I have a grand total of precisely zero kills. But I do have one kill with the attack jets in 14:18, I think that was a tank with the lock-on rockets you get without anything else unlocked. edit: I think a lot of that was when I was still on the PS3 and the maps were the smaller ones with just one jet per team so there just wasn't anything to shoot at...

TBH I never "earned" a single unlock in any of the helicopters either, that was just from being a passenger with a repair tool in one hand and an RPG in the other for sniping.

...I'm just gonna go LMG-spam Metro. Also ammo, lots of that.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 7, 2015

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I've become everything that I hate in the Littlebird.

I now fly solo, seat switch to fire a stinger at the enemy chopper, seat switch back and peck away at him with miniguns until his ECM wears off, fire both AA missiles at him, seat switch and fire a stinger at him, switch back and fly off into the sunset.

I repeatedly took down a pro-chopper squad the other night with this after you left Sk8er. It was glorious.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
FYI: Attack helicopter now kills infantry post-patch.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

I've noticed that it's easier to kill mans with attack heli zunis lately.

I've also discovered a way to make Locker fun: play the medic reviving at the choke points and go for every single downed team mate. I've been cracking 12,000 points most matches now with a k/d of like 8/3.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

ARACHTION posted:

I've noticed that it's easier to kill mans with attack heli zunis lately.

I've also discovered a way to make Locker fun: play the medic reviving at the choke points and go for every single downed team mate. I've been cracking 12,000 points most matches now with a k/d of like 8/3.
Oh, you mean you get killed by them more often? Cause anytime I get near one, seventeen Stingers, twenty-four IGLA's and the entire enemy air force come out of nowhere and put me on the ground within about fifteen seconds. I can make it about thirty seconds in a jet just because they're faster.

And that thing with Locker is pretty great... except for me it's more like 3/8 just cause if I'm playing like that then I'm not paying attention to getting kills. Beep-beep BZZT... medpack... beep-beep BZZT. Either that or unload LMG's and spam the ammo ribbons.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 13, 2015

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
People just don't fly intelligently. I have no problem staying aloft for most of the round most games. You just have to be hyper-vigilant. Watch your map. Constantly scan the horizon with your heatseekers equipped (it will draw a box around any air units, even if they're well out of range.) As soon as you deploy countermeasures, drop to the deck and fly away as fast as you can.

Stingers really only become a problem when you've pissed off the ants enough that they'll ignore objectives for the sake of shooting you down. I consider that a victory since it means they're no longer able to shoot at my team's tanks.

Semi-auto shottys are ridiculous now. Bad Company 2 USAS levels of ridiculous. I was outshooting assault rifles in TDM the other day.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I bought bad company 2 and the Vietnam expansion in a steam sale today for less than the price of resubscribing to Xbox live and it's great. The best dlc that dice has ever made. It's a shame that dice came out and said that they hated bad company and don't know why people like it so they'll never even try to make a game like it again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah if you have a PC that can run it and a few dollars to throw around, the base game plus Vietnam is about $8 total right now on Steam. Even if some stuff didn't age well (medic revives suuuuuuuuck), the maps are still really good and it's a fun game

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I'd be down for a xbro reunion tour/ bridging the gap between the bros and the butts in bad company

red19fire
May 26, 2010

V for Vegans posted:

I bought bad company 2 and the Vietnam expansion in a steam sale today for less than the price of resubscribing to Xbox live and it's great. The best dlc that dice has ever made. It's a shame that dice came out and said that they hated bad company and don't know why people like it so they'll never even try to make a game like it again.

That last sentence explains so much about :dice: and hardline/bf4

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I haven't like Rush ever since they removed destructible MCOMMs

So many tense battles with the Xbros trying to keep the Port Valdez MCOMM buildings standing in BC2

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

V for Vegans posted:

I'd be down for a xbro reunion tour/ bridging the gap between the bros and the butts in bad company

I tried this during the last Steam sale, but, frankly, BC2 is not as good a game as people like to make it out to be, to the point where I went back to playing BF4 because it didn't feel anywhere near as clunky and unbalanced as BC2.

The fact that they made helicopters less maneuverable and guns do less damage per bullet on PC just slows the game down and makes every match a slog.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I've been having a ton of fun with it today. It's hard to find a server that isn't either completely full or completely empty but when you do get into one it's pretty great. Tap firing on Russians every day.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BC2 has some things that aged really badly but the maps are still way better than BF4 and the guns are still more fun to use. It isn't as good as it used to be (it wasn't when we were all playing BF3, either) but there's still a lot to like about Bad Company 2.

Though I think BF3 is still just an all around better game than BF4 or BC2, although BC2 does a few things better than either.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

BC2 wins over BF4 just because it didn't have a million unlocks that are all the same. I don't need 6 different red dot sights and 4 silencers.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
But this silencer is shaped like a potato! And this laser sight is green! Oh, or you could get the laser light combo for when you can't decide which attachment will give away your position more!

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

V for Vegans posted:

But this silencer is shaped like a potato! And this laser sight is green! Oh, or you could get the laser light combo for when you can't decide which attachment will give away your position more!

I wish they weren't trying to appeal to the tacticool crowd as much, let me play dress up with my man and give him a silly hat instead of gun dress up.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

It's been so long since I played BC2 that I forgot how it's different. :downs: I just remember that one hill on that one jungle map that was always full of snipers, and then getting spawncamped up the rear end.

But I did learn to tank. I ranked it up over a long time just with occasionally LMGing people as gunner (if you're not using the infantry scan thing you're an idiot.) But now that I actually drive the thing I think I've been getting more roadkills than anything else, just from people trying to C4 me, and with the HMG and sabots plus the right countermeasures I'm basically unkillable. Tanksniping helicopters is always a hoot.

edit: Also the EOD bot is rather pleasant when used to punish enemies who dare to t-bag. He only had like 20% health left too, didn't even see it coming. Even better though was cleaning up the snipers on the hill in Firestorm.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 15, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They showed off actual Battlefront gameplay at E3 finally. Looks good except for that battle pickup. I didn't like those in BF4 at all.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

They showed off actual Battlefront gameplay at E3 finally. Looks good except for that battle pickup. I didn't like those in BF4 at all.

I wonder if they'll let you actually pick it up on the first try instead of fumbling around with it for five minutes before it finally sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

V for Vegans posted:

I wonder if they'll let you actually pick it up on the first try instead of fumbling around with it for five minutes before it finally sticks giving up.

• Locked thread