Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
does anyone still play this game on xbox one ??? did I just waste $20?!?!????? :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laminator posted:

does anyone still play this game on xbox one ??? did I just waste $20?!?!????? :dice:

I still play, I'm just working a lot for 7 more weeks

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Laminator posted:

Is this Stevey?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Beastie posted:

Is this Stevey?

no it's me laminator

Any of the old Bad Company 2 krew play? It makes me mad that they never made anything close to ATVs loaded with C4 in BF3 and BF4

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I've dabbled the last couple of days on the xbone after a few months. Holy poo poo they wrecked the game. C4 now sucks, ucav now sucks.. Can't use rocket launchers when being a passenger... All I'm left with is a regular war game in which I've lost the minor skill that I had (if any).

Most fun moment from this game has been flying bitch in raskolnikovs little bird with unlimited SRAW ammo. Or maybe rocket ATVs, or C4 ATVs (where the passenger drops the C4 on some motherfuckers).

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I really hope that was a recon in the vid.

Bf4, dunno, haven't really been wanting to play it. Its improved a lot since release, but even then, eh, I'd rather pirate people in elite. Zavod is great fun, but other than that its just not as much fun compared to 3 or bc2.

Definitely can't wait for bf5 though.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Laminator posted:

no it's me laminator

Any of the old Bad Company 2 krew play? It makes me mad that they never made anything close to ATVs loaded with C4 in BF3 and BF4

I remember you! Most of the PS3 BC2 krew moved on to greener pastures. I think it's just basically me and Manatee now. We're on PS4 though.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Laminator!

I still play a few rounds a week but I usually avoid squad play because I don't want to wake the baby once I start cussing into the mic. I've for sure seen an uptick in Krew members on BF4 since Christmas and the new Outbreak map is pretty slick.

(Rhenasaurus)

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I usually play late night on the east coast. Just jihad until i get kicked, gently caress everyone. I seriously think the only people left are tanklords, skylords and recon babbies.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

The C4 reloading time nerf killed most of my fun. The chaos C4 creates was pretty much the main draw for me. Now I kinda just throw smoke and flares into crowds and then run in, guns blazing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I miss being able to shoot rockets from helicopters. Having a Stinger and a Javelin on the same chopper was devastating but also a hell of a lot of fun

red19fire
May 26, 2010

They nerfed all the tools that could make 1 guy effective against armor, snipers and helicopters. And wouldn't you know it, the first hour of every session I play is trying to find a match that isn't one side getting steamrolled by X0X_MLG_NINJA_0X0 CLAN.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

red19fire posted:

They nerfed all the tools that could make 1 guy effective against armor, snipers and helicopters. And wouldn't you know it, the first hour of every session I play is trying to find a match that isn't one side getting steamrolled by X0X_MLG_NINJA_0X0 CLAN.

quote:

Server Rules: No Stinger/No Igla

Invariably the top guy on the leaderboard is 19-2

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

I miss being able to shoot rockets from helicopters. Having a Stinger and a Javelin on the same chopper was devastating but also a hell of a lot of fun

Talk about aggravating. I play infantry 90% of the time, so all my equalizers were shat on.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Yeah, this iteration of Battlefield definitely isn't as fun as the past few I've played. Seems like it's much more kill harvesting (24/7 OPERATION LOCKER) and getting stomped on by helis. Firefights are way more quick and it seems easier to die. I remember having shootouts with people where we would both burn through our primary and secondary weapons and have to use knives or whatever, but in this game it's like you see an enemy and die instantly. Just not finding myself wanting to come back and keep playing, more getting frustrated and quitting after a match or two.

And yeah what the hell is this no Stongers/Iglas crap? Sorry, but since all the recons are laying on a rock staring through a scope, not using SOFLAM or targeting, I'm not gonna let you blast me into an oblivion.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Stinger Mountain still pisses people off to no end. It's great.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
If you're not in an LAV, you're playing wrong.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

spog posted:

Invariably the top guy on the leaderboard is 19-2

19-2? Top of leaderboard? I don't understand

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Sorry, I mean when you join a new server and the first thing you notice is a Little Bird strafing the poo poo out of everyone. The pilot is always the top player on the opposing team and sitting at 19-2, while everyone else on the game is around 3-4.

You might as well quit at that point - not even worth trying.

You can't even get the satisfaction of getting kicked for breaking the 'no stinger' rule cause it's impossible to take down a chopper in any of the urban maps.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Any Xboners around to play shooty mcmans a bit and try to have fun even though they're nerfed the fun stuff?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I'll be on over now foe like an hour or so, then in the evenings this weekend. EA name is LLJK-Laminator, GT is TheGohnComplex.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

When are you back?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
By summer time. I check this topic every so often when I have Internet access so I'll keep an eye out for any new games you guys jump on but I'll definitely want to get a few rounds of this in for old times sake.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

By summer time. I check this topic every so often when I have Internet access so I'll keep an eye out for any new games you guys jump on but I'll definitely want to get a few rounds of this in for old times sake.

I'm pretty much it in BF4. Nick has decamped for Elite Dangerous (I got to try that with an Oculus Rift BTW Nick), everyone else has gone to other shooters. I'm considering Rainbow 6 Siege in a month or so when it's on sale, but its just not Battlefield :(

Ark Evolved was fun for a short while, but it's not skill based (the permanent lag is so horrific that the FPS aspect is more luck than anything else). To succeed you have to be willing to grind more than the other competing tribes, and I just don't have time for that poo poo.

Overwatch looks cool, but it's only releasing a few months before BF5 so doubt I'll get into it.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 20, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Don't pay full price for siege but it's loving amazing. The maps are free and the season pass gets you new operators. Siege is legit fun, I have yet to play a competitive fps quite like it.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
64 player rush is good

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

SquirrelGrip posted:

64 player rush is good

:yikes:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

Don't pay full price for siege but it's loving amazing. The maps are free and the season pass gets you new operators. Siege is legit fun, I have yet to play a competitive fps quite like it.

Is it worth picking up just above half price? Saw you and Yanni playing a bunch, and the local brick and mortar game shop has it on sale at the moment. Fallout 4's become a drag, and I'm done with BF4, but I'm on the fence as to whether to try Siege for my shooty mans (doesn't seem like a lot of customisation), or maybe wait and pick up The Division, which I'm also a little undecided on (liked the betas, but worry about longer term playability).

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Beastie posted:

siege is really really really fun. they have made a drat fun game, and its pretty unique given the special abilities all of the operators have. biggest caveat is make sure you have people to play with, cause trying to organzie pubbies is herding cats

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

siege is really really really fun. they have made a drat fun game, and its pretty unique given the special abilities all of the operators have. biggest caveat is make sure you have people to play with, cause trying to organzie pubbies is herding cats

Good 'cos I caved in and bought it on the way home because tomorrow is payday and I need something new to play.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well BF5 is rumored to be set in WW1. If that turns out to be true, I might finally put down Bad Company 2 and move on to a new FPS game; at the very least I'd love to give it a try.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Cubey posted:

Well BF5 is rumored to be set in WW1.

I really hope they're not that dumb. That sounds really terrible.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

They're just making the entire game based around sitting in one spot and not moving so they can appeal more to the sniper crowd.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

2143 or bust imo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Biplanes and really weird-looking tanks are totally my poo poo, so it doesn't sound terrible to me v:shobon:v

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

yellowcar posted:

I remember you! Most of the PS3 BC2 krew moved on to greener pastures. I think it's just basically me and Manatee now. We're on PS4 though.

Im still here, playing with rhenasarus, Panzer and his kid, Manatee.

Im SpeKeD, Id like to play with more Goons.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Cubey posted:

Biplanes and really weird-looking tanks are totally my poo poo, so it doesn't sound terrible to me v:shobon:v

So Codename Eagle then?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I think it's a good time for another WWII BF game, not sure what they would do for weapon unlocks and stuff since all the crazy optics and poo poo didn't exist back then.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mustang posted:

I think it's a good time for another WWII BF game, not sure what they would do for weapon unlocks and stuff since all the crazy optics and poo poo didn't exist back then.

It'll be like how black ops was set in the 60s, but had 'experimental' red dot optics.

Or my crazy social studies teacher that thought the CIA invented compact discs in the late 50s, but didn't allow the technology to officially exist until the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

yellowcar posted:

2143 or bust imo

or BC3. If the next installment is vanilla BF5, I'm out unless the wrinkle is that it starts at the moment BC3 ended or it's about the environmental meltdown that led to 2142.

edit or or or,,,

• Locked thread