Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just saw the gameplay trailer, is there footage of an actual round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iJVTHMZ6EY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYmQE-trVJg

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 15, 2016

red19fire
May 26, 2010

"I'm mad about historically accurate weapon balance."

"why can't I apply modern weapon tactics to 1910-era guns?"

"My Bullet Velocity"

"why can't I tap fire and use my *Recoil Skills* on this turn of the century machine gun that weighs 30 pounds?"

:goonsay:

I just want fun ways to gently caress with recon campers and tanklords. Steam Powered UCAV, Bitch.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 15, 2016

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I just want a battlefield game without annoying bullshit.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

sunday at work posted:

Apparently the new range mechanic they were talking about for BF1 snipers is a sweet spot of range where they can one shot kill to the body...

Pretty much Im liking everything I'm hearing about BF1 less and less, and I wasn't super big on it to begin with.

That said, it's a pretty game.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I was hoping it was going to be a culmination of the 'research' from BF3&4's most popular maps, Metro and Locker.

By which I mean every map being a long stretch of no mans land with a couple of obvious choke points where there is some sort of sparse cover (trench, crater, demolished building), that becomes a huge meatgrinder. These maps can still include vehicles, they will simply be a means to traverse in a straight line towards the enemy spawn.

The next battlefield game can refine this concept even further, and set it during Napoleonic or Revolutionary warfare, with volleys of musket fire and bayonet charges.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

WW1 introduced us to the concept of a meatgrinder, with scores of men running to certain death by withering machinegun fire. Great to see :dice: getting back to the very roots of modern warfare.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I like what they are doing about the vehicles and repairs: I am optimistic that it will reduce tanklords (assuming that there are decent ranged AT weapons)

Or maybe it's just cause I am happy there won't be any choppers flying around at 16-0

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I skipped around the video, the art and sound is great, but nothing really gives me the ol' battle-boner.

It was cool watching the canvas bomber take damage, but stupid to see dudes using it as an in air spawn.

I wonder what drew :dice: to WW1. Was it because it's fairly under represented? In my opinion it's not the most interesting war (apart from politically.)

I honestly would be happier with '42 or Nam. Hell, you want new territory? How about Korea?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chalupa Joe posted:

Sadly I think they've announced this one will still have a campaign

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

StevoMcQueen posted:

I was hoping it was going to be a culmination of the 'research' from BF3&4's most popular maps, Metro and Locker.

By which I mean every map being a long stretch of no mans land with a couple of obvious choke points where there is some sort of sparse cover (trench, crater, demolished building), that becomes a huge meatgrinder. These maps can still include vehicles, they will simply be a means to traverse in a straight line towards the enemy spawn.

The next battlefield game can refine this concept even further, and set it during Napoleonic or Revolutionary warfare, with volleys of musket fire and bayonet charges.

But it's dice so it would be napoleonic with automatic SMGs

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

Chalupa Joe posted:

Oh you mean Bad Company 2?

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Laminator posted:

Makes you think, why can't :dice: jump on the HD remake bandwagon and re-release a prettier BC2...

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

StevoMcQueen posted:

Makes you think, why can't :dice: jump on the HD remake bandwagon and re-release a prettier BC2...

Put me down for a copy of that

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

StevoMcQueen posted:

Knowing :dice: they'd find some way to gently caress it up... Would still buy it though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Laminator posted:

Helicopters and the USAS and SAIGA were annoying bullshit in that game. I love the hell out of BC2 but it is not perfect.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just got Hardline and BF4 in the sales for PS4. If anyone still plays Ps4 hit me with a PM and I'll send ya my gamer tag thing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

StevoMcQueen posted:

Because they want to add horse armor to BF1 :ssh:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

I love that whenever Snoop pops into view, he's just standing around looking at the scenery.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

YESSSSS

Is there a name for the turbo :spergin: dudes who jump everywhere? They're somehow 93-5 on every map, no matter what, and never leave the LAV.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

red19fire posted:

Is there a name for the turbo :spergin: dudes who jump everywhere? They're somehow 93-5 on every map, no matter what, and never leave the LAV.

His Mail Lover?

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 17, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Man there's so much less people playing hardline on ps4 than bf4 😟

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Chemmy posted:

His Mail Lover?

If being in an LAV and going on 80 kill streaks is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

red19fire posted:

YESSSSS

Thank god people can bring bullshit competitive league rules to the public.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Man there's so much less people playing hardline on ps4 than bf4 😟

HL is hated. I play almost every day, but I rarely use the mic these days since my hours are kinda funky. Probly not the best squad mate.

Feel free to add me on PSN tho: Rhenasaurus

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

red19fire posted:

YESSSSS

Lol at no DMRs, what's the reasoning behind that?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fleetwood posted:

HL is hated. I play almost every day, but I rarely use the mic these days since my hours are kinda funky. Probly not the best squad mate.

Feel free to add me on PSN tho: Rhenasaurus

Done!

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Beastie posted:

How about Korea?

God this would be such an awesome move. The UN factor made this a global effort and its that space of easily-balanced WW2 technology with all kinds of proto-modern era technology like jets, early night vision, helicopters and remote weapons.

WW1 is a super amazing and fascinating war tho. Continental Africa, coastal China, islands in the pacific, the middle east, north africa, russia, western europe, the US/Mexico border, the english channel, off the coast of chile, the falklands, southern europe, the balkans... It was many, many, many fronts and many, many kinds of war for many different nations at many stages. Though it took the belligerents years to get sucked into the same nightmare, everyone was fighting someone by 1914.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Laminator posted:

Lol at no DMRs, what's the reasoning behind that?

The high damage is what I'd guess. But I feel the recoil and rate of fire nullifies that. I actually don't see many people use dmrs. Maybe if the infantry combat was less twitchy and slower paced they'd be more popular.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I actually really disliked the DMRs when I first started, but after getting the game mechanics down better I like them a lot. You have to play a lot more conservatively, not sprint as much, use cover a lot more, etc. The SKS is one of my favorite guns, it just feels right when I use it and does what I ask it to.

I just don't get the restriction on them, every single one is a 3-hit kill, they take longer to kill with than rifles/carbines, you lose pretty much every close quarters fight unless you use your sidearm...

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Laminator posted:

I actually really disliked the DMRs when I first started, but after getting the game mechanics down better I like them a lot. You have to play a lot more conservatively, not sprint as much, use cover a lot more, etc. The SKS is one of my favorite guns, it just feels right when I use it and does what I ask it to.

I just don't get the restriction on them, every single one is a 3-hit kill, they take longer to kill with than rifles/carbines, you lose pretty much every close quarters fight unless you use your sidearm...

Yeah but the server owner got killed by them so they're unfair.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love the DMR's. They are deadly if you master them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Sks for life.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does winning a battle affect your xp in any way?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You get a ribbon

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
BF4 is on sale, there are so many low ranks on, every server I join is a slaughter.

Glorious.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Is there a goon group still playing on Xbone? Played on PS4 forever, stopped, now Premium is free on EA Access and I've fallen back into this great game (Conquest, vanilla maps).

GT: Legeidus, hit me up.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ha, i just got bitched out by this Russian guy because i was running around golmud knifing snipers, and then chose to knife a guy who was knifing him rather than 'saving his life'. god drat i love this game.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I love those moments in the middle of a long kill streak when the entire enemy team turns its attention toward your LAV.

Lock-on weapons start appearing, mines are scattered all over the map. Dedicated kill squads of engineers are trying their best to chase you down. They might have had a chance of catching me tonight if I wasn't in their LAV...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Helped a squad mate go 63-0 in a gunner boat last night by spamming my repair torch :grin:

• Locked thread