Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, I exclusively use my iPad for all Battlelogging functions: server browsing/joining, kit setting, commandering, etc.

Can you use it for your minimap like they promised?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Samurai Sanders posted:

...More anecdotal evidence tonight that the game chooses when to crash based on how well you are doing.

Right?! Same poo poo in Bad Company 2. Your team getting it's rear end pounded and mercilessly camped? No problem boss, I'm good to go.

Did you just manage to steal the enemy helicopter in a close game? TIME TO CRASH MID-ESCAPE FLIGHT

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Just picked this game up. How do I find goons to play with?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So whatever that annoying island map is, on Rush you can swim to the enemy carrier and steal their awesome boat. It makes defending a *lot* more fun.

Hell, you could probably drop a beacon back there. It lets you run across the whole carrier.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Dantes posted:

+1

Also, learn to let go. Anything armored moving in means you are spotting the vehicle and then moving out, nothing in your tool box does more than scratching their paint and your useful tools, like smoke, requires brains and coordination. Pubby engies won't bother with your medkits anyway and once the vehicule is down you can always come back to try to heal them (good luck with that).

FTFY

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

10 Beers posted:

Are all DICE games like this at release?

To a degree. BF 1942 was pretty bad at release.

I don't remember it being *this* bad however.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Ularg posted:

No. It does not take a lot of skill to fly a helicopter well. Really, and I've put an hilarious amount of time in flying Helicopters. You learn not to faceplant as soon as you lift off and then you learn how to aim. You then go to use tricks that every single player that spends 2 matches in a helicopter will learn to do. Like faking flares.

If you think the above encompasses flying "well" then you're not a good pilot.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

crondaily posted:

Balanced vehicle miniguns to do more damage versus infantry.

It's a start. Now they need to buff vehicle 50 cal damage, it's just pathetic compared to BF3.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

RCarr posted:

Edited the link, try now!

Nope, wants me to log in

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I just got this for the Xbox One. Is there a list of other gamertags somewhere?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Lumpy posted:

I'm with you Captain Log. I can't kill a loving thing in this game.* I fire three bursts, get a ton of hit indicators, and the guy whirls around and drops me, and I see he still has 40% health on the kill-cam.

Maybe it's just me, but this kind of frustration is normal in a new FPS. Think about it, you don't know the maps. This means you don't know the many, many "run/drive/fly across here and you probably will be killed" spots on each map. You don't have a good sense of where the control points are in relation to each other. For me the maps are still a complete mystery.

Add to that, learning brand new shooting mechanics. The PP2000 isn't the same as it was in BF3, but you're still used to it only taking a 7 round burst to kill a guy. You don't know what guns suck and which ones are best for your play style.

Basically, thinking back I can remember being frustrated with every new FPS I've played. Eventually (60-70 hours in) I get better and the frustration goes away.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
If anyone wants to get angry at video games with me on the Xbone, hit me up.

Going be playing GTA in the meantime.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
There really is no point to flying helicopters right now. The moment you leave base you've already got 3-4 people firing missiles at you.

And what the hell is with the overheating on the little bird guns? You can't even destroy a RHIB boat without overheating.

Nick hurry up and get an xbone. Rolling in armored columns is a blast.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 30, 2013

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
They never expect you to double back.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Samurai Sanders posted:

Its deliberately designed so the only way to check your loadout outside of a match is through the smartphone/tablet app.

Yeah.

YOU WILL USE BATTLELOG AND YOU WILL LOVE IT. THIS IS OUR GOOGLE+

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Not watching unless it includes the mavjav griefing

That's being saved for the 8th.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Sorry nick,tried to join you on BF3 right now but EA online is hosed.

Hurry up and get Xboned, I need my fellow tank autist.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

How are goons communicating on Xbone? I heard party chat was kind of hosed at first, are people talking in-game or are parties working now? Is it still possible to jump into friends' Live parties like you could on the 360?

It works, it's just awkwardly set up. By default, party chat is off, so when you join a party you have to turn chat on to be heard/hear others. I guess they didn't have time for a lot of UI testing.

On the plus side, party chat is really high quality, even compared to the 360 which did party chat really well. If you're just in a party with one other person, it sounds like you're listening to NPR when they talk.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Lowtax posted:

Is anybody here capable of playing more than one consecutive multiplayer game without the screen going black and locking up? It does this after every single match for me.

I'm also Xbone, when I can actually get into a match, there are no crashes and every map change goes smoothly.

However actually getting into a game is a crapshoot.

If I press Join it will:

1. Do absolutely nothing and give me no feedback that I pressed a button; OR
2. Briefly dim the screen like it's about to try to join, before going back to the menu with no feedback that I pressed a button; OR
3. Put me in queue, then kick me back to menu with no error message or feedback that I pressed a button; OR
4. Tell me the game is not available or I have no connection to EA Online.

Eventually I've been able to join up and play even with every combination of the above, it just takes me cussing a lot and constantly trying over and over to rejoin.

:siren: :siren: In other news, my old lady is out of town tonight and I'm tired of GTA V, so lets play BF4.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Whoa - you can double tap STAFF shell and main gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oYmr8ACHvk&t=136s

Has anyone checked, does this work with Cannister again?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Whoever posted that staff shell/ sabot video, god drat. I was wrecking armor all over the place last night.

Good to know. I still haven't had a chance to try it out.

It works. The SRAW looks hilariously fun.

I don't think I like having a Commander in game. It's too easy to get spotted. Every loving time I try to back rage, I get spotted by the drat commander UAV and chased down.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 5, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So I tried the Staff Shell/Regular gun thing, and it didn't seem to let me fire quickly one after the other. Am I missing something?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

OhDearGodNo posted:

There's a video I saw called "how to SRAW" and I have now become a SRAW god. I love this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEtorrXcBLs

This coupled with an hour I spent at the test range was helpful. Shot down 3 helicopters in one match.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Barudak posted:

Entered a match last night with a dude in a helicopter on the other team just harassing the hell out of us so I grabbed the igla and just kept popping shots at him. Unfortunately it seems like if two missiles don't hit together at the same time helicopters are almost unkillable so I only managed to kill him twice. End of game K/D score for him: 85-2

TAKE MISSILES YOU FUCKSTICKS. HE WAS MURDERING YOU. STOP PLAYING RECON.

Get the SRAW. Practice for an hour on Training Ground. Destroy chopper gods with impunity.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Woweewowwow battlefield made me angry tonight.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

See?! I had your tank down to 39 health before you could even return fire on me. I sat there mashing the fire button to finish the tank off, not a drat thing happened. That pissed me off like you wouldn't believe.

I'm glad you capped that so I know I didn't imagine the bullshit on that kill.

:siren: Attn: Everyone. Beelze is not exaggerating. The SRAW is magic against helicopters.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 7, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

GramCracker posted:

Xbone guys - How is the step up from 24 players on 360 to having 64 player mayhem?

It's a *lot* harder to be an unkillable solo badass.

In BF3/BC2, I could easily take points by myself. Everyone was spread over the map so at most you'd have to kill 3-4 people at a time.

Now if I'm trying to defend/attack by myself, I often run into groups of 6-8 people. Tanking? 32 people on the other team means at least 4-5 guys with SMAW/RPG/JAVs will be taking shots at you at the same time.

It's a lot more unforgiving if you don't work well with your team. My playstyle was frequently "f you all, I'm going my own way", which worked well on 24 player maps. Now it just gets me killed a lot.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

GramCracker posted:

Thanks for the insight guys! I'm having a huge internal struggle as to whether or not I want to build a new bad rear end PC or get the Xbone.

Personally as someone who spends 9 hours a day in front of a computer at work, the thought of going home to play video games on yet another computer was a turn off.

I'd rather chill on my couch with the Xbros.

The game is wayyyyyyy prettier on PC though.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Lazyfire posted:

Not to reignite the PC Master Race debate, but do you live in the mid 90's where wireless KB/M combos don't exist and you can't hook a computer up to a TV?

No, I live in a tastefully decorated home that I'd rather not look like a tacky college dorm.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
A console blends. It might as well be a DVD player. A PC tower does not (though HTPC's are starting to look pretty snazzy). KB/M on the coffee table, just ugh.

Seriously, I might as well just get a TV tray, a bunch of hungry man meals and start Tivo'ing CSI.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 7, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beelzebozo posted:

I love you so much. :allears:

Never leave us.

Right back at ya buddy.

Another convert to the cause!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

red19fire posted:

Are you guys leading with the SRAW, or keeping the crosshairs on the target helicopter? It usually gets close then spins in circles around the helo until it self-destructs. I also have the world's worst controller, so it'll usually twitch off-target at the last second before impact.

I think if you switch weapons from the SRAW ADS, the rocket will go to the last spot that was painted by the crosshairs, even if it's a vehicle. I've given up on a missile, only to get a vehicle kill a second later. I've also had one rocket come back towards me by losing a vehicle behind a building corner.

VVV :aaaaa:

Watch the video. I also spent an hour practicing on Training Ground (married life whee)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

I hate snipers so very, very much, so this was good stuff.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Good games last night. Sorry I bailed after Operation Locker.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

yellowcar posted:

TOW missiles work just fine!

Is there a better anti-armor button than the TOW on the murder boats? It's just so slow.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

yellowcar posted:

Personally I run TV missiles on the murderboats. You can fire off relatively quickly and can bombard enemy murder boats across the map.

Hmmm. The only thing about that is it would be useless if you run into another murderboat up close.

Also, wow, I've only just started using them, but there is basically no point in using reverse on these things is there?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

404notfound posted:

The MAV's attack destroys equipment like spawn beacons, ammo/health boxes (no points for these), and enemy explosives. If you blow up an explosive close enough to an enemy, it'll kill them. A guy and his friend on opposite teams puts this to great effect here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfFv6xOULOQ

In short, the friend on the enemy team places C4 next to his own allies (the MAV pilot's enemies), and the MAV blows the C4 to kill all the useless wookies. The snipers can't do anything to the friend because they're on the same team.

That's glorious.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
http://sdrv.ms/19jjIhS

It's so nice to have zoom optics without having to give something else up.

Beelzebozo posted:

In related news, HML, it is on my bucket list to vape some nugs while enjoying a film at the Alamo Drafthouse. Should that ever come to pass, shall I ring you and your man to join me?

Definitely. Not a Butt Numb-A-Thon though. I can't do 16 hours straight of Lord of the Rings, catered meal or no.

Oh and for anyone who wanted to see how bad QuickShotz was, here's him magdumping his auto-sniper and missing every round before getting killed.

http://sdrv.ms/1fkGDw4

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 11, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Phallosaurus I hope you know you stabbed my boyfriend, who only plays Civ 5 and will now never play a First Person Shooter.

Monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

bringer posted:

Your boyfriend killed me 3 or 4 times in a row. :(

No that was me. Then I convinced him to try it and he got shanked and totally lost interest.

• Locked thread