Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

So, I'm getting a PS4 at the end of the month, and BF4 is going to be the first game I get for it. Since I'm a COD refugee I've got a couple of questions:
In COD I pretty much exclusively played Hardcore. I'm reading there's a Hardcore option in BF4, but how does it work? Seems like it's a game/server setup option? How popular is it? Is it a camping snipe fest/more of a camping snipe fest than the standard mode?
I'm really liking the core concepts behind this Battlefield, I played one of the older ones once but since I hatehatehate Domination/Conquest games I never got into it. I was never into K/D ratio or stats or anything in COD, just liked levelling my guns and shooting mans, and it ruled when I actually got on a decent team that somewhat worked as a team in objective game modes. BF4 seems like the game I wanted to play all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Hardcore mode is basically reduced player health, no spotting and minimal HUD.

Seriously, Conquest/Obliteration/Rush is some fun times and really less aggravating than TDM and SQDM (lol), especially if you roll with goons.

There are definitely maps that encourage sniping (Flood Zone, Dawnbreaker, Shanghai) where you would find at least 50% of your team being useless pieces of poo poo on rooftops. The other maps range from boring (Golug, Altai Range, Silk Road) to mediocre (Hainan, Dragon Valley), to holy poo poo this is fun (Zavod, Locker, Rogue Transmission, Guilin).

The thing I don't like about Conquest/Domination, and this is probably coming from COD, is that if one team is even remotely organized it's far to easy for them to cap and lock down all the objectives and destroy the other team (this was my experience with whatever BF it was I played before, and all the COD games). If you aren't on that team, it's really poo poo, and if you are on that team it's really boring. Rush sounds cool, Defuse might be good fun, and CTF is always fun. TDM can be a fun way to pass the time, or really poo poo and annoying. Kill Confirmed from Blops2 was way more enjoyable, especially in hardcore.
I'm really looking forward to trying out the Support and Engineer classes, they look like tons of fun.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tasoth posted:

Or you end up playing it on the Dom/TDM map, where one side can literally build a fortress and lock the other team down around blind angles they can't shoot around without stepping into a hail of gunfire. Or LVGs.

Isn't that what grenades are for?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tasoth posted:

Nope. It's from E/D of the conquest map, the one that starts by the generator room. Both the kitchen exit to cells and the main tunnel have a blind angle that means getting grenades out there exposes you to fortified positions. The enemy can literally hide in the blow out cells with chest high cover and rain grenades/bullets at you. It's obnoxious.

can't you bank grenades off walls, or is the hallway too long for that? Or fill it with smoke and flashbangs?
Forgive my noobishness.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tasoth posted:

So, it's the left hand side, tunnel next to the outside. You see that kink? It's easy for cell side defenders to cover the corner, lob grenades through it and generally make it hard to approach and get your own grenades through. The long tunnel prevents you from side stepping so you can get an angle around it without exposing you to inbound grenades or camping snipers.

Those two nacho cheese dorritos at the bottom? Those are covering the exit from the kitchen. There is only one, but the northward cell, the hall beside it and the stairwell door way can all cover the kitchen exit. And the basement stairs are the only thing that the kitchen defenders have an easy shot at without exposing themselves or having XM/grenades roll into where they're at. I've been told the key to winning on that sized map is to control the outside, but I've been on a team that has controlled the outside and watched us just get steam rolled because the defenders dug in and just let us run right into them.

Aha I see what you mean now. Lots of smoke and high explosive would be my strategy there. Not saying it's a good strategy, but that would be mine.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Hamburlgar posted:

Lasers and sights on your guns won't make you a better player or earn you a higher score. If you're poo poo without them, chances are you'll still play poo poo with them. Hell, you can go 0-0 on your KD and still get the MVP ribbon at the end of the round.

And again, getting a better sight for your gun is what, 10 or 20 kills? You can easily do that in a single round. And you know what, you may even have fun in-between shooting people. You know, like C4ing tanks, hugging people, shooting down choppers, mortaring wookies, jihad jeeping etc etc etc.

this is what I'm looking forward to in the game. Shooting mans is cool fun and all, but mortars and rockets? HELL YES! My main non-gimmick build in CoD was a stinger/strela (or equivalent) + burst assault rifle because there's nothing better than shooting down everyone's killstreaks as soon as they spawn. I can't wait to try out the stinger/igla and javelin and all the other rocket launchers people have just been posting about here, and just generally ruin everyone's vehicular fun. And mortars, holy hell those sound great, because the only thing I like better than shooting down airplanes is blowing up snipers.

not long now, less than a week...

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 23, 2014

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I got my ps4 today.. Well yesterday now... I downloaded and played a shitload of this game. I played through the campaign to get a feel for the guns and play feel. It was terrible, but at least it was short and it only crashed on me twice.
Once that was done I threw myself into the multiplayer. Basically I'm poo poo. I die so much, from so many unseen angles, and it takes so many shots to kill anyone. I don't mind dying lots, but it does get a bit boring spending more time watching the deploy screen than shooting mans.
I wasn't completely hopeless though, I did a fair job as an engineer. I want to like support, but I just don't like the first gun and it's going to take forever to unlock more..
Anyway, conquest was better than I expected, depending on the map. Rush is a lot of fun, and tdm is awesome in a terrible way. Or terrible in an awesome way. It's lame as hell with the opening kits though.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

If you want someone chill to play with and learn the ropes shoot me a friend request: riotingmime1. I'm just starting out too so no judgement here.

I'll probably be adding myself to the goonlist and adding people in a few days. Work.

nummy posted:

If you haven't yet, replay the last mission to get the other 2 unlocks, and then never touch single player again. The M249 is pretty awesome and will be a big help for one of your first guns.

I was actually trying to get the M249, but misunderstood the choice and picked the wrong person! If all I have to do is replay the final mission to get the other unlocks, that's decent.

Laserface posted:

I'm pretty sure 90% of pubbies have no idea how to spot.

I love the spotting thing, especially since I can't see for poo poo and always get picked off from somewhere invisible (usually from behind a rock I just ran past or something), I pretty much just spam the R1 button any time I think there might be anybody hiding somewhere. Or "I saw an enemy jet!", "Enemy helo spotted!". Easy. Not that I can do anything about said jets and helos... come on Stinger, unlock you bastard!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm a fukken n00b, so this news of free pistol and grenade unlocks is pretty darn great because I have nothing unlocked and really wasn't looking forward to trying to get a sweet 5-7 and flashbangs/smokes.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I've literally never managed to be productive with flash bangs. The best I can generally hope for is being quite a bit less effective than a damage dealing grenade.

I can never hit poo poo with frag grenades, at least I can potentially slightly annoy people with flashbangs.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Do IR/FLIR scopes see through smoke?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Touché. I suppose I should add it. Will do.

In other news, Stevo McQueen will be delighted to read that the M1911 is getting buffed (and other pistol balance news).

Oh man a proper 5-7! I've loved that thing since Counterstrike 1.5, even in games where it isn't that great, this buff makes it sound like it's going to be the real deal again.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

woke up early today and got in a game with my friends out in Calgary (7 hour time difference), that was good fun. Nice running around with a squad. After that I had varying degrees of success (the later in the day it got, the less success I was having) just soloing. I had some good fun playing recon, getting loads of points and ribbons. Lots of C4ing tanks and binocular lasing helos. At first I was running with a Carbine, but switched to DMR once I unlocked it to give it them a try. I think what was really killing me and the fun later in the day was my team always getting completely locked down by vehicles. Normally I'm not that bothered, it kind of ebbs and flows, but with no viable anti-tank weapons and the other team generally defending their vehicles well against c4 attacks it started getting lame. I don't know the maps or strategies well enough to be effective using the big anti-tank mine, and I couldn't get close enough to sticky them with c4. I think I died to LMVs and tanks more than I did to infantry.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

osietra posted:

Do we actually get to fight dinosaurs eventually? And how would that actually work? Would there be a full rota of comparative enemies with functioning AI or would one team actually play as dinosaurs? How would the AI work exactly?

Also on some Conquest games I've played, some guys just ride around the edge of the map on quad bikes when they're in my squad. Is that normal? There's obviously a human playing, as he steers etc, but when I spawn on him, he spazzes out.

Practicing for when they make a Motorstorm game for PS4?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

D-Pad posted:

I finally saw one guy mention it a few pages back but the MK Mod 11 is an amazing gun after you get used to it. I've been loving it since way before this patch. It's actually a superb short range gun if you use it right, so the fact that they increased the dmg for long range is hilarious. Trust me, that plague will spread out of hardcore to the other modes and they will end up nerfing it somehow.

The trick is to stick on ACOG/Heavy Barrel/Potato Grip and then learn the timing to pull the trigger in rhythm to the crosshair falling back to neutral (or close to it for headshots if you start out aiming center mass). Once you get it down you should win any encounter where they don't see you first and a good amount of those. This technique even works at longer ranges. I can't count the number of times I've aimed at a sniper that's just a small dot and missed a few times but as soon as one hit I pulled fast three times and dropped him.

I just unlocked this and have been using it on my recon. I can definitely see the potential, it's much nicer than the RFB, but goddamn the iron sights are terrible for that type of gun. Really need some kind of optics and then it'll be good times unlocking the rest of the accessories.
In other news, turns out you can blow up vehicles with the repair tool too?! loving awesome!! Sure I might have got run over a few (many) times, but it's great when you're hiding behind something at a flag and some soccer mom drives their SUV into the flagpole and you sprint out and braze it to pieces. I usually manage to take myself out with the C4 when I can pull off that move, so getting run over or noticed and shot to pieces before I get to the tank isn't much different in that regard. Means I don't have to run recon to blow up tanks anymore. And even though I've got my RPG unlocked now, if the other team has an air force, I can switch to stingers and still take out land vehicles if the opportunity presents.

One question: How can you tell if a target is being laser designated? Is there some indication to the launcher operator that a helo or tank has been lit up?

Oh and might as well add myself to the battlefieldgoons site: King_Dugga
I am still terrible.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

a foolish pianist posted:

I fired up BF4 on my PS4 for the first time since the week before Christmas, and now I'm getting no in-game audio at all. The little music loop that plays as a round ends just repeats for the entire match. Has this happened to anyone else?

this happens to me every so often, anecdotally whenever I deploy as support, but I'm sure it's random. Oddly enough, the times it happened I seemed to do better.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

red19fire posted:

Towards the end of the round I got like 5 marksman ribbons from those doofuses that would not leave the roof at D on Lancang. It's exactly 300m from E, and from the second floors you can hit effortless headshots anywhere they stand on the front half of the tallest building. I just don't get camper babbies that are last-ranked on their team but go 20-15 every round hiding in the same spot. How is there joy in that, endlessly racking up SRR kills?

Also I don't understand how you guys play hardcore matches at all, it's just camper thunderdome at the edges of the map.

to some people, k/d ratio is everything. I think with those people it boils down "I shot more mans than mans shot me, I good at game".

I haven't tried hardcore yet, but other than TDM, there isn't really a game mode suited to it. The maps are too big and too open. It works in CoD because you've got tighter maps, no HUD, no minimap, no heal and not many places you can cover the whole map without it being obvious, plus perks that can make it easy to catch campers unawares. I wouldn't want to try hardcore on Golmud railway on Conquest or something.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

To be fair it's never that fun to look at a negative K/D ratio even if you are playing right. I've been in first place on a winning team and still been kind of embarrassed that I got killed more often than I smoked dudes.

I think the guys that play for no reason other than to camp out and get kills are baffling though. Just go play Beach Head 2002 or something. I think they are just a bunch of people who are conditioned by most shooters that have no goals outside of shooting other guys in the face.

I always figure 1:1 is a good game for me. If I'm ever at the top of the leaderboard, all that tells me is that my team is really crap.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I had so much fun with the XM25 airburst on Zavod in TDM a few days ago. Probably a half a dozen guys on the roofs camping, I'd spot one guy on the edge, lob the airbursts, and get 3 kills. Over and over. If any weapon needs a buff, it's that.

Map chat, every time I play Dawnbreaker, even if we're winning, it just seems like we're losing the whole time. I don't know if it's just because it's so heavy with tanks, or all the snipers on the tops of buildings, or what. I think my favourite maps so far are Golmud, just because of the scale, and it's really pretty, and Zavod with it's good combination of buildings, cover, and open ground. Also I think they nailed the environment really well, it seems like it could be a real place. I'm kind of digging flood zone too in the small TDM/infantry map because it's such a chaotic maze.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

When I fire up the game on PS4, it says there's an ongoing 100% XP Boost event going on, but I'm not getting any extra XP. What the?

it was working fine for me, it gets tacked on after all your points for ribbons and stuff are added up.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Pleads posted:

The MK11 Mod 0 handles so nice but holy poo poo could its ironsights obstruct any more of your view? Going to be a slog unlocking a decent optic.

the first one is ACOG, which isn't bad, but I think a 3.4x would be better. I don't think you get one until late in the tree though, so unless you get one through a battlepack, you're stuck with ACOG if you want any zoom. I know what you mean, hell the canted iron sights don't even block as much I don't think. I think I got my ACOG doing either TDM or Conquest in Flood Zone, either shooting mans on roofs or defending E.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Booger Presley posted:

There's that nifty new headshot indicator to let you know when you've been one shot, which in my case seems to be about 80% of the time. Last game I played I was killed 11 times, 10 of those being head shots. Ridiculous. I guess I have a head the size of a hubcap in this game.

When I get that little notifier telling me I nailed someone with a head shot, I think it's pretty sweet, because I sure wasn't aiming there. It's extra sweet when I'm just hosing the air... sorry, suppressing... with a PDW or LMG.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

even better than shouting that you need ammo and medics when all you're trying to do is spot wookies, is accidentally (I don't even know how I manage this) tapping the HUGE loving TOUCHPAD BUTTON and opening Battlelog right when what you really want to do is fire an RPG at a tank, subsequently eating a face full of ordinance. Why the gently caress would I want to look at Battlelog in the middle of a firefight?? Check that, why the gently caress would I want to look at Battlelog ever? If only there was a way to disable that button.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

EOD bot loving owns. I love that little guy, I had so much fun today driving around, burning people's ankles to death, blowing up mortar trucks and tanks while the hapless driver is trying to figure out why his vehicle is suddenly about to explode. And if it gets killed, no problem. If I get killed, it's still there parked behind enemy lines waiting for me to respawn and start taking flags, burning wookies, and destroying vehicles!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Pleads posted:

I made a pubbie friend when we alternated spamming NEED ORDERS because our awful squad leader was dumb. :unsmith:

Can you decline squad leadership? Sometimes I get lumped with it and it's kind of pointless when your squad is a bunch of roof wookies. Mostly I'm just like, nah I'd rather follow these cool ranch doritos around, they seem like they've got their poo poo together. It's either that or I'm constantly shouting to attack or defend some random objective because the marker is in my line of sight while I'm trying to spot baddies. When I played with some friends it was alright because we could work together on something, or just not bother with it, but I don't have my mic on when I'm just playing solo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Quit, join another game, quit that, play TDM instead, game crashes, turn off playstation.
I'm new to battlefield, but at least in cod higher level just equals played longer, not necessarily played better. I would find plenty of guys who'd maxed out their prestige levels and still played like poo poo/got whooped by chumps like me. I wouldn't put level as any indication of how good people are.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I actually had a pretty fun game (of TDM) on Dawnbreaker today. I think it had something to do with finally getting the Pecheneg unlocked. That thing is a loving brute.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

alansmithee posted:

The SP campaign isn't quite as bad as some people make it out in a vacuum. But when you figure that you'll likely need to replay it 3+ times (unless you just marathon it in one go) it becomes a lot more tedious. Fortunately when you beat it the first time, you can restart the last level to get the other two weapons, and the last mission seems to be the shortest.

Also I'm a bit surprised all the hate the G36C gets, for awhile it was my most used weapon. Also I'm still finding little reason to use anything besides carbines (outside of the occasional sniper rifle usage). They in general just seem flat out better than both PDWs and Assault rifles, and the losses in medium/close range fighting don't seem to make up for the marginal gains at long range LMGs typically have.

Don't do what I did though and start a new campaign thinking I could just select the mission last mission from there. Now I have to play the whole thing through again, so looks like no m249 for me. That's OK though because I've got the pecheneg now and that's all the hits-like-a-truck bullet hose I could want. As for using carbines, they might be good but they're just boring. You get killed by a carbine and it's like "oh gee, shot by some min-maxer with the optimum loadout again, yawn". You get killed by someone using some obscure lmg or pdw or get chased around a room by an eod bot nipping at your heels, now that's interesting!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I love the PKP pecheneg, it is such a monster. I think I may have ruined it with a muzzle brake though, because I think the horrendous muzzle climb was what was giving me all those headshots. Like every kill, at any range, headshot ribbon. I'll play around with the heavy barrel and compensator once I unlock them, see how they go.
Speaking of unlocks, I can't really figure out what to do with the soflam. I haven't got mav yet, and I guess that's fixed now anyway, but what do you do with it? It supposed to auto spot and lock on things, right? Plus nobody takes much notice of lit up aircraft and tanks. I think I might just switch back to binoculars, they seem more versatile.
Mortar is a bit disappointing too, but I think it just needs the right map to be effective, and helpful teammates to spot targets.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chemmy posted:

You need teamwork to use laser guided stuff. Real teamwork not "why isn't anyone doing what I want".

The RPG is versatile and powerful. Most good engineers are using one. If you want to hit a lased target it starts by asking if someone will switch to a Javelin.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Stuff like soflam and mortar would be great fun in an organised squad, support feeding you ammo boxes, engineer taking out all the vehicles, recon sporting and lasing, assault defending the group. Would need good coordination though, and most of the time I'm just doing some random quick matches.

Lazyfire posted:

Unlock the flash hider on the PK Chang and never look back, you can trust me on this I'm like third on the goon leaderboards with the gun. I generally use a red dot and a magnifier on the thing because it is actually really decent at distance kills, what with the 40 base damage and low bullet drop. Pair it with a stubby or potato grip for better rapid tap firing and you'll be accused of hacking in no time.

I'm using the Acog I got in a battlepack for it at the moment, seems to do the job quite well. I'm really liking the various 3.4x scopes on other guns so once I unlock one I'll give it a try too. I was really getting bummed out on Support until I unlocked that gun.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

The RPG owns, you can kill a tank in 2 hits if you hit it straight from behind.

Yeah, it is really good. Thing is I hate tanks, but I also hate helicopters and jets. If only there was a way to carry two launchers. Right now I'm running eod bot and igla on my engineer, but I'll switch to rpg if our pilots are doing a good job harassing the other team's pilots.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Hmm, playing around on battlelog, I'm thinking about switching my DMR to my engineer and either running shotgun or PDW on my recon with spec ops, motion sensors, and c4 for close quarters infiltration sort of thing. Thoughts? Might be fun. I really like how I've got my pp2000 built right now, are shotguns worth grinding? With assault rifles, machine guns, dmrs, and pdws, I just haven't found a slot for them.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Derp, can't use pdw on recon. Shotties it is then.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

bringer posted:

You can't run PDWs on recon, only engineers. Recon can use carbines for automatic fire but that's it.

Also shotguns aren't a grind at all. You should be reveling in the slaughter the entire time or you're doing it wrong. The first one isn't terrible, the trick is to hammer the fire button as fast as possible because it's unlikely you'll get a one shot kill. Once you have the 870 unlocked you've got one of the best shotguns. The M1014 is a nice change because of the high fire rate and fast reload, and between the two of them you can unlock the entire shotgun tree while being a wizard ball throwing, wall hacking piece of poo poo.*

Also unless you specifically need it I would recommend a TUGS and the balls over C4. Plant the TUGS somewhere high traffic, use the balls for watching the edges.

*It's super fun!

It does sound super fun... DMR is good, but I think I'll stick to pdw on my engineer, I just really like playing with my pp.
(I can always switch between the two depending on the map and requirements)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

revolther posted:

I really wish there was some tweak to Conquest that Dice could come up with that promoted teamwork. There are plenty of other game modes that promote playing like a rambo simulator, and Conquest is just a mess with the terrible maps in BF4. Spawning on any squad member rather than just the squad leader reduces any motivation to not run straight into a fray, literally not a single team/squad member has to worry about staying alive or even being an asset so his team can win. It seems like every iteration of the Squad system since BF2 has made it less and less of a teamwork/communication asset and more of a CoD-ish "just keep them constantly in the action". Hell, a proper voice comms or maybe being able to command while playing would probably help.

Some kind of change on the tickets formula or something, like both teams start with X tickets, acquire Y tickets per second by holding control points, players can only respawn on your SL who can only spawn at a friendly CP or vehicle, basecamp equals ticket hemorrhaging, zero tickets equals a loss or something.

More of the maps/game modes should have parachuting in, a commander flyby of troops on a timer or something. Can you even destroy commander assets anymore?

Thing is, that would require organisation. Say you're a useless roof wookie, you and some other random pubbie get lumped into a squad, you get assigned as squad leader. Maybe random pubbie leaves, maybe a few people in a group together join and land in your squad. Now they can only spawn on your rooftop and you don't issue any orders or anything, you just sit there birdwatching through your 50x scope. Best to just leave you up there and let them spawn on each other's locations.
So maybe they need to look at how squads are formed, but I don't think you can control in any meaningful way who or how good your squad leader is.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Cracker King posted:

Playing BF4 "correctly" is nonsense. Is winning the match the only thing you guys care about? I mean, I like winning as much as the next guy but this is still a game. BF4 is like the closest thing to playing with GI Joes (and all the cool poo poo they did in my imagination) as a kid.

With bigger player counts comes a greater range of players. Sure, there will always be recon SNIPERZXxDEATHxxXGokus camping and being mostly useless but I'm always finding people PTFO. And poo poo, I find being in a "battlefield" where I can actively see warfare all around me to be fun by default. Don't say you don't ever look around a map, seeing poo poo blow up and people yelling, and go, 'Yes, I like this."

I don't need other mans if I want to see how many people I can squish with a helicopter.

I was playing one game on zavod not long after I got the game and I remember running in to one of the factory buildings following a teammate when the burning hulk of a helicopter flew into the side and crashed at my feet. Juked around it like nothing and kept running. It was then that I thought "this game is pretty fuckin' badass."

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I had some good games today, and a couple of fantastic games (ace commander, entire team helping each other out, me somehow playing like a champ). Then I decided to play a little tdm to try levelling my shotgun, which didn't go very well, and it just went downhill from there. Back to conquest and I couldn't get anything working, team just running around mostly randomly (or so it seemed). Oh well. Started out well at least. Got the sraw unlocked, which is fun, though I'm still learning how to control it well. Love the build I've got for engineer now, mk11, sraw, eod bot, mechanic. My shotty recon isn't going so great though. Just got the 870 and it's strong, but so so slow. It seems like by the time the draw and shoot animation happens, I've already taken 5 carbine shots to the face.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Snackpack Backpack posted:

We really need to have a full party of people using EOD bots. Preferably on a full server so the pubbjes distract the bad guys. Maybe one person should be on the other team to get a shot of the Botswarm.

I'm down for this, but I'm on ps4. I was botting around burning tanks and mans under the dish on rogue transmission and a squad mate saw how much fun I was having and brought out his own bot. Two bots running rampant was awesome. A whole squad? That would be something to see.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chemmy posted:

How have you not unlocked grenades? Throw them at people.

I can never hit anyone with them :( (or they just run away). Although now with the V40s I can at least huck 'em farther. I'm waiting to get impacts, I'm hoping they'll be better for my left arm girl throwing technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

On PS4 people are absolutely silent. They generally won't even respond if you try to talk to them.

Holdover from ps3 I think, where you didn't get a free headset with the console, and psn access was free for everyone, especially spastic tourettes afflicted 12 year olds (the only ones who bought headsets).

• Locked thread