Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Holy poo poo I just got the Engineer Service Star and the Conquest Service Star in the same match while using a 200% XP Boost on top of the already double XP.

It turned into an extra 125,000 bonus

Edit: I went from level 10 to level 15 in one match. Ridiculous.

Daric fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
What's the difference between the regular mine and the slam mine?

I've figured out the slam mines can stick to vehicles but that's the only difference I've seen so far. Can infantry set off the slams?

Also, I like the Stinger better than the AA launcher that you have to hold your lock on. With the Stinger I can fire and reload before the first missile even hits so if they launch flares the second missile's coming too fast for them to launch the flares again. I took out 7 helicopters and 9 tanks/IFVs in my last match between the Stinger and the Slam Mines. I also really like the ACE 52 carbine.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Oh I just figured out that the difference between the mines is that you can throw the M2s further and they stick to things other than the ground so you can put them on parked cars and building walls if you know a vehicle will pass by them.

I was getting the ranking up multiple time thing yesterday but I haven't gotten it today. I was also getting the Engineer and Conquest service stars over and over again yesterday. I think I got each like 3 or 4 times. It was causing me to level up extremely fast.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
God I wish I could get in a game that didn't just crash 5 minutes in. I just had 3 in a row after playing most of the morning perfectly fine.

I'm wasting my 200% XP booster because I can't get in a game that lasts.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I love hitting a jet ski with a javelin missile. You would have been safer swimming buddy.

If I stick Slams to a vehicle and then drive it, will they explode when I get close to an enemy vehicle?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
There's no reason to play anything other than Engineer. gently caress your tanks/boats/planes, I will ruin your life.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Bruc posted:

SLAMs might be my favorite gadget across all BF games. Mines and C4 rolled into one is so awesome, I can't bring myself to level other classes on anything but locker and even on that I am always tempted to gently caress around with the EOD bot.

I tried Jihading with Slams on the hood of a jeep but they don't always explode when you want them to. I rolled up under a tank and then got killed waiting for them to blow up.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
What does more damage, the RPG or the SRAW? Symthic doesn't have launcher data yet.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Just kinda want to rant a little bit.
I wish there were 24/7 servers on the PS4 because, in all the time I've been playing, I've only played Paracel Storm twice and I actually enjoy Operation Locker for unlocking gun attachments but I can't ever play these maps because they just don't come up in the rotation that often. I can sort the servers by map and pick one but I can't tell how long into the game it is so I don't know if there's 40 minutes left or 30 seconds left.

I also wish the MTAR showed up under your progression page. I don't know how far along I am in its attachments and that's annoying.

And most annoying of all, I seem to have some weird sound issue where background noise cuts out and all i can hear are my soldiers footsteps or explosions really loud.

That's it for now. Otherwise I really love this game.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I like Rogue Transmission because when all the snipers get on the towers, I blow up the cables and bring the towers down.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I've been playing Dom to grind out weapon attachments. Flood Zone is still the worst map.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I've crashed maybe 3-4 times total on PS4. I played 10-11 rounds in a row yesterday with no rubber banding or crashing so it's a total improvement for me.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah I haven't crashed yet today and I've been playing pretty much the whole time.

Moved up to Division 1 in the World for SPM, Engineer, and Rocket Launchers so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Tips:
If you are squad leader, use the Spot button to mark points and your squad will get bonus points for capturing/defending them. I don't know why this is so hard. If I'm playing Domination, I just mark whichever point turns into the biggest killfest (B on Locker) and get an extra 2500-3000 points from my squad mates killing people in the general area.

If you are playing Domination, do not try to snipe or use a mortar or do anything else retarded. I just played a match where 3 of my other squad members were using sniper rifles and 1 of them was trying to use the mortar. We were playing Zavod. 2/3 of the points are inside buildings.

• Locked thread