Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
what makes the law broken is that there's really no counter to it and it reloads insanely fast. it may do only 21 damage a pop, but when you have something that can't be avoided other than by putting a decently sized building between it and you (yes, this thing can hit you behind cover), and when you have multiple people spamming it, that's when you start to see how broken it is.

the only thing that you can do to get some "immunity" from it is by using ir smoke, but the only thing that will do is disable the auto-tracking for two, maybe three seconds.

the sraw is also equally broken, especially when you do the thing where you fire multiple rockets in the air before targeting a tank, but atleast that can be cockblocked by the aps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
it's official, obliteration is the best mode in the game because of one reason: you can go into the enemy base and loot the gently caress out of it. zavod, no vehicles in our base other than a quad or two. I grab one, gun it to there spawn and what do I find? mobile aa, main battle tank, and a chopper just sitting there. I felt like a kid in a loving candy store.

someguy even put slam mines on the enemy attack chopper and as soon as they spawned into it, kaboom.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 8, 2013

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
yeah, plus it makes me really miss laguna alta spawn camps. it was hilarious when we were all gathered around one spawn point just knifing them as the spawned in.

it's a great way to punish terrible players that want to snipe from spawn.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
glad i'm not the only one that hates paracel shitstorm.

the only semi-redeeming thing about it is pirating and spawn camping on obliteration.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
the new maps really don't seem balanced well for 12v12 on conquest. i have a feeling that it's going to be just like armored kill was on conquest, not enough vehicles and too many flags that are spaced very poorly apart.

they should have made them more like caspian or kharg with 2-3 tanks per side, 1 chopper, and since the stealth jets are poo poo, have only one per side, plus the mobile aa. then have the maps only be four flags instead of five to sort of give the fighting a more centralized location while still giving players an option to flank around the center points and back cap.

they seem better on obliteration mainly because there's better vehicle distribution and the fighting is WAY more centralized.

edit: the game still freezes a poo poo ton. good patch, dice, good loving patch.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 18, 2013

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
staff shell bullshit is really starting to get on my nerves. everyone seems to run it and it's always the lovely players that run it too, and they still get shiteth upon.

this really shouldn't be in the secondary weapon category. what dice needs to do is move it to the primary shell category and it'd be just fine, but being able to rapid fire it and a high velocity shell (aka sabot) means you're not going to be able to effectively maneuver into cover if you don't have aps ready. it's so stupidly cheap and it nearly breaks tank combat, especially on some of the maps with longer sight lines.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
just wait until you unlock zunis and aps.

have fun going toe-toe with most vehicles that aren't mbts, and even then you could still do some serious damage to them.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
staff shell ruins tank combat. like I don't even want to use mbts because of how much it takes all the fun out of tanking.

i can deal with c4, I can deal with double tapping sraw users, i can deal with the .50 cal and coax lmg being underpowered, i can even deal with the t90s hud being offset, but this is stupidly broken and insanely unfun.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
speaking of fat choppers, i really miss the days when arnold would fly me around on wake island with it.

below radar combined with fatty really made the tears flow from pubby eyes.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I'm gonna bitch about staff shell some more, so I hope you guys don't mind.

It turns terrible tankers into amazing tankers. Some idiot gave me a perfect side angle, I shoot him, but even though I have better positioning and aim, he can still out dps me with his garbage crutch shell.

Such bullshit that ruins tank battles.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
the only bad thing about turbo-tapping the spot button is that this game has a cool down on it. I think like three taps in a row within a few seconds will send it into cooldown mode.

and yeah, broman, I should be on for retro night. I might even have enough ms points to renew the server for it. can't wait to get my ban-dick wet again, been itching to use it.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
500% ticket firestorm cq

we're gonna appease the mountain one last time.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Is it sad that I'm looking forward to being in a tank with Someguy and Nicko while Arnuld yells a lot? Because I'm pretty pumped.

ahnuld left us for pc (though me and hml are willing to bet that he's going to come back to us), and scrubguy is going through a midlife crisis where he thinks that getting a ps4 is the right choice.

edit: got hatemail from a staff shell bitch. just about made my day.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 28, 2013

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

tehinternet posted:

It sucks because the game plays better and has a better control scheme on PC, but the PC goon community is dead as gently caress and argues over the most retarded poo poo.

E: and as of right now, if I were to get a console it'd be a PS4. Sorry Xbros :(

come on ahnuld, you know you want a Bone. Do you really wanna miss the day when we ban a full 64 player server?

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Someguy posted:

don't worry I'll be around for the foreseeable future on the 360 to carry your scrub rear end through the scary videogame, assuming you stop being a baby and play a game mode other then rush on default maps, which is like the worst thing in this game

dunno, when they added the time limit to obliteration it removed any fun that I might have had from that mode. now the only way I can have fun on it is sitting behind the other teams base just spawn camping them for 20 mins. I'll play the new poo poo tonight if you're on.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
game froze AGAIN as the round ended.

I'm out for tonight.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
k the whole thing with the hand flares cock blocking stingers and other missiles, has there been any confirmation that this actually works? I was thinking a support dude could toss a brobox onto a scout chopper and basically be able to have infinite flares by simply seat swapping, tossing a flare out the door, and then back to the main seat. It basically would work like the flare glitch did, except with a few more steps.

Someguy, you really need to test this and see if it works.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
other crap like the javs and the hvm super launcher do the thing where previously fired missiles will reacquire their target if you point at something.

I personally think it's a really broken feature that I hope gets nerfed, but whatever, it hasn't really affected me too much, but that's probably because not a whole lot of people really know about it.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Someguy posted:

I prefer to think of it as 21,000 less players to kill, thanks :arghfist:

fiddy thousand players is still a ton of players though, and I'm sure that number will probably go up as more people migrate over to the Bone.

I'm not 100% sure when I'll get mine though. I had a nasty car repair just before Christmas so that set me back a bit, but it shouldn't delay me too much. Probably anywhere between April and middle of the summer at the latest, but I'll definitely be there by the fall.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I'm doing an early preview of retro night tonight. Server is up and it's slowly starting to populate. You nerds should get on and have some actual fun banning people with me.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Someguy posted:

some dumb, mad at a videogame company group of spoiled babies are DDoSing the EA servers under the guise of 'trolling' right now, hope none of you were interested in playing the game for the next little while

[url][/url]

I guess this explains why I am having trouble populating the server tonight. I kept getting errors when I first started it up and it took loving forever to get dudes to join, and even then it only stayed full for one round of conquest then everyone quit and it refused to fill.

Whatever, it was worth it. The two rounds that I played (Damavand rush and Caspian conquest) were loving fun as hell. My beautiful tanks and jets are so much fun to use, even though I'm rusty as hell with the jets now.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Whoa - you can double tap STAFF shell and main gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oYmr8ACHvk&t=136s

Has anyone checked, does this work with Cannister again?

yeah dude, right now sabot and staff shell combo is extremely broken. like really loving broken to the point where I don't want to tank until it's fixed.

another thing about sabot, I was looking at some numbers last night, and to my surprise it does the exact same damage as the ap shell against other vehicles. I always thought it did less damage as a trade off to how fast the shell travels, but nope, same damage. The only difference between it and the ap shell is velocity and damage vs infantry. AP is better for infantry, but if you're like me and you don't rely on your main shell to kill infantry, then AP is pointless and you would be better off running sabot.

HE shell vs the other two without autoloader, it actually does less damage per second because of the 4 second reload between rounds. If you run HE with autoloader, it cuts the 4 second reload down to 3, and then you'll start to outdamage the other shells with it.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 4, 2014

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I wonder if we'll be able to ban/disable commander when rent-a-servers roll out.

they just need to get rid of the stupid hvt thing and give UAVs a longer cooldown to prevent spamming.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
hvt is great as long as you're not trying to back off so you can repair or if you're not trying to come up behind a group of tanks/dudes that wouldn't otherwise know you're there.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
the menu system on the spawning screen is really dumb on consoles. I can see how it would work just fine on pc, but it's a pain on consoles. I've missed vehicle spawns because I'm fumbling with the joysticks trying to select my tanks, and it's even more annoying when everything is spawning in and the cursor is jumping around to vehicles I don't care about.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
zunis are great on the boats as long as you don't go up against someone who spams TVs from the boat spawn.

Since TVs aren't blocked by APS anymore (hopefully that's a bug and not intended behavior), and considering how you can kill the other attack boats from the other side of the map, long before they even have a chance to even fight back, you run TVs.

so yeah, until dice hopefully fixes TV missiles altogether, you want to run them, otherwise you'll just get out gunned by people sitting in spawn launching unblockable missiles at you.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

Have we secured a server for Dick Punch Saturday: The Revenge!? Looking forward to dropping some poor pubbies with the Xbro crew again after playing with Ahnuld and Hellbender tonight and many a pub tear was shed, which will hopefully carry over to DPS.

I'm gonna renew the server, I have enough points for it. I'll be on around 4/5ish pst.

I only have one demand, I'm gonna clear the ban list, and by tomorrow night, when we're all done, that list better be loving full.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
mail, reactive on tanks is borderline worthless. It doesn't completely block damage like it did in BF3 and I am almost 100% positive that it can't be repaired. The only thing that it does is increase the damage threshold required to get a mobility hit. For example, I think it takes about 30something damage from the side with an AT launcher for a mobility, but with reactive, it'll be around 35ish. It's not very good, because you can still get mobility hit if it's a good 90% hit with an RPG or SRAW (I don't think SMAWs do enough damage to score one with a 90% hit and reactive).

Better off running maintenance or if you run HE shell, autoloader.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
apparently with the new patch stealth jets turn faster than attack jets, and there's little difference, if any at all, in turning radius between each faction's stealth and attack jets (i.e Su50 being able to do laps around the Fail35 and the J20) now.

It's about time that each of the factions stealth and attack jets are the same in terms of performance. Using the Flanker in BF3 was unbearable because of how much better the F18 was.

Dice finally has done something right with this game. Baby steps, maybe by 2015 this game might be out of its beta state.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
locked up.

gently caress this game.

edit: renewing the slaughterhouse indefinitely this Saturday. We're gonna start having fun again.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 17, 2014

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
golmund rush, if you sit down the middle of the map between the first set of mcoms and the attackers spawn, you can tank snipe the chopper before it takes off.

dice always seems to find a new way to amaze me.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 19, 2014

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
it'll only fire at you if you're spotted though.

still incredibly loving stupid, but that makes it very slightly more bearable.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
Mail, is the mountain on Firestorm still glitched??

I need to know if we're going to be able to sacrifice heathens on a 64 player server to the gods.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
Even with the Zuni buff, stupid players are still gonna run the stupid smart rockets. Prepatch they were still the best option, so I don't know why Dice seems to think the other ones were better.

staff shell is still gonna be broken because of double tap, the nerf to the 25mm guns is loving stupid, if they want the 7.62 to be the infantry option, they should atleast give them a slight buff in damage.

Law tweaking is good, AA missile impact push being reduced is good, and the slam nerf is also decent.

Overall, pretty crappy balance patch.

edit: speaking of miniguns overheating, does the belt feeder effect how long you can hold down the trigger before they overheat? On MBTs, autoloader would extend the burst time of both the LMG and HMG, so I'm kind of curious now.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 28, 2014

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Cannot Find Server posted:

Grenades also persist if you leave the game. Not only that, they will kill friendlies, even on normal, if you drop one at their feet and then duck out. It's a fun way to dick over useless snipers.

Actually I'm not 100% sure if this still works in BF4, but I and several other guys used to do it in BC2 and BF3.

I could have sworn I tried it in 4 and couldn't get it to work.

Holy crap though this was hilariously fun to do in BC2. I remember dropping about 6 AT mines onto some idiot sniper, tossing a 'nade and quickly leaving. Me and Mail did a little session of this too before BF3 came out, we spent several rounds griefing our team on rush. So much loving fun to blow up a friendly tank that was sitting out of bounds trying to shell the mcoms.

We should play BC2 again, Cube. Haven't played that in awhile and I have kind of been itching to Gustav spam my way to victory.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So in a fit of boredom I timed how long it takes to kill a tank with TOW vs Zuni rockets in an alphabet soup LAV.

12 seconds apiece. Exactly no difference in how long it took to do it. This was front armor too.

So basically I'm never using the TOW again. I'd rather have Zuni to kill infantry with, especially if they kill enemy armor just as fast as TOW missiles.

you should drop 'soup as well. the damage difference between it and the 25mm vs armor is really tiny, but the 25mm is way better vs infy, which are the bigger threat in this game.

another little trick with zuni's, whenever you spawn into a lav, switch to them and fire off a round. that way you'll have 23 rounds instead of 16.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Snackpack Backpack posted:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-concerns/

DICE comments on balance suggestions they've gotten from players. I like the last one where people were asking for attack helicopters to be more maneuverable so instead they buff the weapons on it.

#4, are they actually serious?

there isn't a big enough :dice: to describe this.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lol just lol at the useless chat window they added.

Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
sorry someguy, my internet decided that it has had enough of bf4 for one night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
rented servers were the greatest thing about bf3.

we would have so much fun banning dudes and giving players the good ole team swap special. not to mention we could filter out the trash maps and bump the ticket count up to 200%, which is something BF4 desperately needs. The rounds are over way too fast in this game, if one team loses flag majority, the round is pretty much over before they even have a chance to fight back. plus i can't go 85-0 (it was on grand bazaar, and somehow my team still lost too) with an lav anymore because the rounds are over within 10 minutes.

once second assault comes out that will probably be the only four maps that I play. the base maps suck, and china rising isn't much better either.

• Locked thread