Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
How do I register for the stats site? Can you add me? Origin is Robot_Randall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Beez you should mention that buying premium gives you :frogsiren:20 extra emblem layers:frogsiren:, a gold battlepack a month, exclusive camos and knives, and more specialer dog tags from battlepacks

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Beez. OP. Now.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
:omarcomin:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

BitBasher posted:

On PS4 you lean automatically if you are up against the edge of a corner and face it then hold the aim button. It automatically leans you out to shoot. Let go of aim and you automatically go back behind cover.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works across all platforms. It even works on vehicles, but not on rubble or partially destroyed walls, since it has to be 'drawn' specifically on the level.

Also, for counter knifing, :siren: you can only counter/be countered if both players are standing :siren:. If you're crouching, you don't get the prompt.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You join through Battlelog, under the Friends tab.

To successfully counter a stab, you need to wait for the prompt to appear. There's a giant loving window for this, so unless you get hosed by latency really badly you'll never die from a front knife.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Kingtheninja posted:

Has anyone else been ranking up over and over again? After a map I'll hit the same rank I got in the last game I played. Really annoying. Also how do you set an mcom with an EOD? I have repeatedly approached one and held the normal activation button but nothing happens and it cuts back to my soldier. Am I just being destroyed every time I get there?

If you rank up via ribbons it won't count.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujWAKd8o3r8

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Label Facing Right posted:

God playing this game by yourself when no other goons are one sure is frustrating. I was playing a match on Zavod last night and literally the entire enemy team was on top of the warehouses. I think I could feel my blood preasure rising.

So, I ended up playing with Universe Sandbox the rest of the night watching galaxies crashing into each other and seeing what would happen to Saturn's rings if the Earth was too close by. That game is pretty chill comparatively.

You can jump up on the railing and open the hatch after a bit of finagling.

Or go and capture the 4 other points everyone is ignoring

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Have fun unlocking the UCAV fuckers :cawg:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, this game keeps making me think things that I don't think I was supposed to think. Like, in the Heinan resort, one of the command points is a tennis court. What the hell military value does a loving tennis court have? Why should I even care that the enemy has it and we don't? They can keep the stupid tennis court for all I care.

For more gameplay related questions though, I have two:

- is there any value to leveling up pistols? It's very rare that I get kills with them

- does using the shotgun mod for your assault rifle get you shotgun experience or assault rifle experience?

The Glock and Super Shorty loving own

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Beelzebozo posted:

:siren: DOES NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! DOES NOT READ OP! :siren:

Congrats on being the first such jackass of this new thread. :waycool:

Third post, fucklord :omarcomin:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

a foolish pianist posted:

What does wookie mean?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Well I followed you guys advice and got all 3 jet ribbons in one Paracel Storm match. I'm finding the UCAV to be underwhelming. Probably just need some practice but it's hard to hit anything with this thing. Can't shoot anything nearby because it launches in a giant arc and it doesn't seem to show spot marks so you can't really track infantry easily.

Also, uhh how do I use this bomber poo poo. I mean after standing there for 5 minutes with 10 other guys as enemy after enemy shot us over and over with choppers/snipers/AA vehicles I finally got in and couldn't figure out how to shoot the drat thing.

I'm not sure how they figured out that camping vehicle 'spawns' was a dumb idea for jets/choppers but didn't think that would apply here.

You need to be at least 150 m from you target. Only fire in a straight line and roll and pitch to adjust to your target.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The UCAV is way better once I stopped trying to shoot tanks that were 100 yards away. It flies surprisingly far and does a ton of damage (seemed to blow up the smaller boat in one hit).

Only downside is that it is very reliant on pubbies spotting targets :v:

Aim it towards rooftops and laugh for days

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Beelzebozo posted:

I'm so disappointed in your performance thus far, kiddo, I might write you out of the will. :radcat:

I got like 49 UCAV kills yesterday, are those not humiliation kills?

e: see

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 6, 2013

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Beelzebozo posted:

No, should they be? I haven't used the UCAV yet. Does it meet the following criteria?
  • intended to be used for a non-lethal purpose like spotting, blinding, concealing, repairing, reviving, etc.
  • possible to get a kill with
  • but somewhat-to-rather difficult to get a kill with
Or is it expressly intended to be a killing machine? Or is that the SUAV? What's the difference? Oh god what is all this new poo poo there is an unnecessarily large number of ways to kill people in this game holy crap.

The SUAV lases targets and controls really smooth. It also has 5x the range of the UCAV. It's hard to say either way though. The UCAV is hard to use correctly and has a really long resupply time, whereas the SUAV is nearly instant

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The law is terrible by itself, and never criticals. The only time it's a problem is when 3+ engineers are focusing fire on a tank, but active protection should fix that, or dare I say driving behind cover.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Removing weapons that promote synergy between classes is a great idea and should be done immediately

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Ularg posted:

Oh my God when this game works it's incredible.

How do you guys lord over the map with jets? I'm used to PC controls with jets so I'm not sure how best to actually be useful and not be out turned by other pilots. I've slowly been working on keeping my speed steady while turning.

I really do wish, however, that I could change my vehicle movement controls to always be aligned to the frame of the tank. I hate how the "Front" of the tank and moving forward changes as you move your turret around. Too used to hitting W to move forward and not worry as I turn my gun wherever I please.

1. Remove sidearm from holster
2. Remove safety
3. Press barrel against temple
4. :suicide:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the sraw is possibly the farthest thing from a pubby launcher you loving baka gaijin

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

tehinternet posted:

Oh yeah, guiding a rocket in baby style isn't pubbyish at all fukkin scrub

hey excuse me i gotta go hold my RPG's hand so it can cross the street

FACT: TOW launchers are the manliest way to score kills
FACT: The SRAW is a man-portable TOW launcher
FACT: The SRAW is the manliest way to score kills
fact: im gay

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

bringer posted:

Nope. You don't get points or a kill for killing someone before they accept a revive, just a damage tick to let you know you hit something.

Every time I reventilate someone's dome after they get revived I've received another 100 points

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I enjoy Flood Zone, for the most part. Worst map has to be either Dongbreaker or Hainan. Both are still miles beyond any BF3 map though

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
That looks like a graphical glitch from where a lightpost was knocked down

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

waah posted:

What do you use to blow up the cables?

Any explosive, make sure you hit the couplings.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
It's like the XM25, UCAV, and mortar don't even exist

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Certainly not as bad as what your stats page reflects

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Requested_Username posted:

The night-day effect on Dawnbreaker is cool. Too bad the map sucks hard

It's still loads better than Tehran Highway

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

FateoMcSkippy posted:

If someone tries to knife you a second after you spawn it should go into counter-knife mode, regardless of the direction the guy knifes you from.

Or you could choose your spawns better? There's still spawn protection, but it's only active you you spawn on a point rather than a teammate.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
99% sure that counts as a squad spawn

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lazyfire posted:

The opinions on the game are basically this:

Infantry players: Hooray, we are no longer at the mercy of invincible sky gods any time there is a helicopter on the map!

Jet pilots Helicopters have a hard time shooting us down now, but the maps are pretty small and damage is low. I can kill stuff, but it is more difficult.

Tank/armor drivers: I'm still one of the most important and powerful things in the game, but I need to be more cautious and have a gunner to keep people from hitting me with 50 LAWs at once.

Helicopter Pilots: FUUUUCCCCKKIIIINGG DICE! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO 50-2 IF PEOPLE HAVE LOCK ON WEAPONS!?

It's not just Someguy, a lot of people are complaining about helis being poorly balanced or not strong enough. That hasn't stopped them from killing me on the regular so maybe they should get on the level of the guys shooting me.

someguy isnt truly mad until the p word starts being thrown about

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
if youre being killed by dmrs at close range then its not the weapon youre using being bad. every weapon has at least double the rpm outside of sniper rifles

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Aishan posted:

Haven't seen this mentioned, but IceOrb confirmed it in a game last night: If you use the Handflare grenade from the side-door of a scout/transport chopper, it works as an anti-missile flare and will divert incoming missiles.

:holymoley:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

StevoMcQueen posted:

I haven't had much chance to really try it out, but it's looking like the 1911 might be a big pile of shite. :(

It's p garbo, the CZ-75 fills its role quite nicely though

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

StevoMcQueen posted:

Yeah, just played a few rounds with it, it's minor increase in power doesn't make up for it's piss poor range/accuracy, especially after using the 5-7. Ghost rings made it slightly more viable, and I'll probably grind out the laser and heavy barrel just to see whether it's viable. But pretty disappointed, considering how I could rock the 1911 in BF3 as a main and go toe to toe with assault rifles, and hold my own with it in BC2.

The only pistol you should be using is the G18 anywyas

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Herr Direktor posted:

Did your p229 break?

I found its glorious Aryan brother

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

StevoMcQueen posted:

I tried the Glock but it's accuracy over a distance seemed pretty lacking, so I switched back to the P226 til I got the 5-7. Though I've realised that switching back to defensive perks rather than offensive means the armour boost gives me a degree of survivability against the carbine wielding masses.

Kind've bummed about the perk system though, often find myself running out of pistol ammo and having to steal a dead guys kit for their (usually untouched) sidearm ammo.

step one: pull glock from holster

step two:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

StevoMcQueen posted:

Step three: miss everything, get shot by a sniper.

1911 with laser and heavy barrel is kind've passable, was going positive/breaking even for the last few rounds, but it's a shadow of it's former self. I think I'll give the cz a go next.

the enemy in question is just out of frame. put a silencer and a laser sight on and it wreck everything

numbers dont lie sonnnnnnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
jesus, goons fly off the handle for the weirdest poo poo

i have the date of my grandmother's death, January 4th, 1988 as my clan tag and people seem to get so angry for some reason! it really saddens me because she and I were very close and these people tell me all kinds of hateful things! :(

• Locked thread