Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

limited posted:

I love that one shot of someone obviously flying a jet or chopper, chasing down a infantry dude guns blazing and just crashing into the ground instead. Never have gameplay trailers been more accurate. :allears:

Also holy gently caress. When did knife counters become a thing? I snuck up on a recon dude, he countered my knife and jammed it right back into my dude's gut. :stare:

Counter-knifing is super loving satisfying, though. Always knife from the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Kingtheninja posted:

Has anyone else been ranking up over and over again? After a map I'll hit the same rank I got in the last game I played. Really annoying. Also how do you set an mcom with an EOD? I have repeatedly approached one and held the normal activation button but nothing happens and it cuts back to my soldier. Am I just being destroyed every time I get there?

The ranking up twice thing is happening to me a lot too. Can't quite figure it out, but it seems like the game knows the first time that I am not truly "ranked up" even though it shows it onscreen, because I won't get (for example) the Battlepacks for the new rank until I re-rank up.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

- is there any value to leveling up pistols? It's very rare that I get kills with them

Pistols own, I'm not killing people all the time with them, but I tend to get 1-2 kills per Conquest match with them. And I'm only using the P226. Maybe you already do this, but if you get in a firefight and your main's clip empties, switch to your pistol ASAP and keep firing. You can generally down pubbies with this as they struggle to reload.

Also apparently pubbies are terrible at killing people in or from the water. I dove into one of the canals in Seige of Shanghai and killed 2 people on land from the water with my pistol. Then as I was swimming apparently another dude airdropped into the water behind me and started shooting me from the back with his pistol. His aim was so bad I had time to literally turn around, try to find him in the water, and then empty my pistol clip into him, headshotting him in the process. He 100% had the drop on me, I should have been dead.

So yeah, again, pistols own.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I think "loving SPOT, JESUS CHRIST!" has taken the top spot of Things I Yell at My TV.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I'm curious to see people's opinions on a particular weapon:

MBT LAW - overpowered, or no?

Since I'm asking, I'll put myself out there and say I haven't had much issue with them disrupting game balance so far, so I don't really think of them as overpowered. A friend of mine thinks they're OP. Anyone else?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

404notfound posted:

Protip: if you're like me and keep mashing the right stick too hard while trying to shoot somebody and end up swinging your knife in the middle of a shootout, there's an option to swap knife and crouch. It works extra well, because you can crouch and prone without having to move your thumb away from the right stick.

There's some weirdness when it comes to some non-infantry things, like when piloting a MAV the descend button is now depressing the right stick, but overall it works a lot better.

Thank you. I always feel like the biggest loving idiot when I swing my knife in a gun fight.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

inSTAALed posted:

Woah, had no idea you could use the server browser to connect through the console. That is actually really cool. Will be so much easier to get parties together in games now!

Yeah, the Battlelog stuff on PC is extremely snappy with its response to what you're doing on the PS4, including using the server browser. Pretty handy.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

When DICE fixes one thing they break another. Patch came out for the Commander App and now it runs on my tablet! Had a blast playing that last night.

But I also played Paracel Storm Conquest (a great map, btw) and though I did not crash, I had the SEVERE rubberbanding effect that others have mentioned in this thread the entire round. It was almost unplayable.

Still got 4th on the winning team though. :smuggo:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Chekans 3 16 posted:

What don't you like about it? I prefer the tablet since it barely snaps to squad leaders or objectives compared to consoles. Also dragging and dropping seems a lot faster.

Yeah, to me tablet is waaay better. Although I have noticed that since playing on the tablet I have gotten no Commander ribbons at all. And I know I've fulfilled the requirements for one of them (Gunship) at least once, and I'm pretty sure I should've gotten some others as well. I was getting them on the PS4. Weird.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Holy poo poo, if this patch fixed everything it claims, it could be the big one we've been waiting for.

Of course :dice: and all, so we'll see.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Been at the in-laws' for Christmas, so I've only had the opportunity to play Commander Mode for a week or so.

Yesterday I saw something I've never seen before: I started getting points for "Vehicle Hit." It happened a few times, five points per hit, and I think I got one Vehicle Destroyed. It seemed to only happen on maps where I had Cruise Missiles, but it seemed to happen at random; this wasn't at any point where I had actually launched a missile that might have hit something. Anyone have a clue what this was?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Stiggs posted:

If the enemy commander has launched a Gunship, and then your team take the point that the Gunship is tied to, the enemy Gunship gradually takes damage and explodes. As the commander, you get the points for this. :)

Ah, interesting! Thanks for the heads up on that, that makes sense.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Apologies to whoever tried to invite me to a party this morning. I'm working at home today, which means I have time to dick around in Team Deathmatch a little, but not enough to really commit to any longer games or true team play.

Also I just got that weird non-synching bug where I had no unlocks. I still wrecked face with the base loadouts and got top of my team. gently caress yeah.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I downloaded China Rising a week ago or more, but have yet to play a single map from it. Do I need to filter for it? Shouldn't the maps just add to the regular rotation?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Vanilla and CR maps are separate playlists. So to answer your question, no.

Ah. Well balls to that.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Chamber 9 posted:

Excellent work by goon squad:

Hell yeah, I enjoyed playing with you guys last night. That was my first goon game session for BF4, everyone was really chill. Highly recommended.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

BitBasher posted:

The one I got from a Slim Jim code didn't have that, it had 4 100% boosts in it.

Interesting. I got one of the jerky packages, rather than an individual Slim Jim. Mine had 3 points that I had to redeem on a site, then I got to choose my reward (each of which took a certain number of points to redeem).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I did not realize you could grab videos from Facebook without using an intermediary download website. To celebrate this realization, here's a dumb video of one single complete life of me being a chopper repair bitch.

Mostly boring, but it does feature some fun Stinger kills as well as one of my favorite kills ever at around the 2:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JMN-Mi4OH0

• Locked thread