Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying
Great new thread!

Looks like those hotdogs need some bacon! I found lots bacon Easter eggs in the beacon question of the OP. Hooah bacon!

I appreciate the info about the Field Upgrades. That was a mystery to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying
On the leader boards, how is the country flag determined? I see that I'm now American, even though I'm Canadian. It's no big deal, I just wondered if I did something that picked my flag or something? Though I would prefer a pirate flag.... :yarr:

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying

leidend posted:

Can I play conquest without crashing all the time yet? I don't think I've touched this game in December but now I've finished AC4 and only play my new vita when pretending to work.

I'm playing xbox 360, and i find most of the maps are ok-ish now. Dawnbreaker is still xbox-Breaker half the time, and Operation Locker is buggy as hell in the panopticon room (like 3fps when its got a couple of squads in a fire fight) with it occasionally locking. I've taken the stance that real men go down with their vehicle and don't jump maps to avoid a lock up.

Just gotta say that I really appreciate Beelzebozo for this new thread and all the stats tracking stuff. I've managed to find a good group of chill people on 360 who are into chillin' and spillin' (their drinks). Thanks duders! I enjoy the maps and gameplay a lot more than BF3, despite the buggy poo poo. I think if they had delayed and fixed the holes, it would have been a better launch. It's too bad this happened. I'm sure it will get better, but too many people jumped ship and might not go back, which is going to hurt them in the long term. Goodwill is such an underestimated part (and hard to quantify) of any company's value/profit.

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying

Beelzebozo posted:

Just got a mini flood of 9 PC players signing up for the stats site in the span of five minutes. I guess Someguy been a-postin' yonder. Not one of those bastards has donated a single buck to the upkeep either. I think I'm going to make some kind of badge or something to denote site donors. If you have previously contributed and do not wish to be so identified please PM me or email my username at mac period commercial to remain anonymous.

Thanks for reminding us about donations. Just made my contribution so the cause does not pause!

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying

OhDearGodNo posted:

Some of us decided to do the soflam/mav combo on Hianian rush last night, and even with 2 of us firing javs on a lased little bird, couldn't take it down.

To our recon he said they hit. But we didn't get any markers or damage notifications. This happened to me before earlier on in the evening and it seems to only happen on this map.

To whoever is skater hater..you should have stayed with us on flood zone, the next round we raped that squad that had lodged a beacon in a wall the previous round.

Yeah, that was totally satisfying. Thanks for helping with the avenging angel of death round - none shall pass and all that. I realized I hadn't ranked up enough to unlock the Soflam yet when we were playing on Hianian. I missed playing a lot over the Christmas break, so I've got to grind out some unlocks...sorry about that. I tried to PLD that little bitch bird, and then tried to javelin it, but drat it was invincible or something.

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying
One thing I noticed last night was this bizarre glitch where my SRAW wouldn't reload after I fired it off. No matter what. I would cycle through weapons a couple of times, and eventually it would then reload. Anyone else experience this. Maybe it was the ping/connection.

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is it just me being terrible or is the murderboat TV missle extremely hard to steer? It seems like the controls are lagged by a second or so.

I find it incredibly difficult to steer too. Not sure if it's me spazzing out because the controls are suddenly inverted for up and down or if there is that lag. Either way I gave up and go with Zuni missles as tehinternet recommends. I just love the fire and forget mayhem of them. and they are good against artillery and infantry as well.

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying

OhDearGodNo posted:

Welp, dawnbreaker still freezes.

Yup. :argh:

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying

Beelzebozo posted:

This is blowing my mind. Can anyone translate it? For a start, what exactly is a LAGR? :raise:

Agreed, this is nuts. Makes about as much sense as my buddy and I did last night. Drunk Battlefielding it - which incidentally helps with the bugs this game still has. We made a drinking game out of the times the game would freeze or do something wacky. Sorry to any of the xbros that jumped into our party last night. Not only were we terrible, and terribly drunk, but we were stupidly loud. Sitting on a couch with two people, two TVs and both with mic/earphones is awesomely stupid. When you hear your voice it is lagged and it messes up your brain (which was already messed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying
I'm no savant like some of you are at this game. I've been playing for years, on various platforms with various goons and have a great time. I don't usually grief either (like someone posted a couple of pages back), but this weekend I got bangry at some douchebags in rush. This squad on the same team was hogging the murder boat and just cruising with their own squad. Ok, fair enough, but they held back each time to let their buddies spawn, and then just stayed at the peripheral of the map just to get kills. Basically just boat sniping instead of helping anyone of taking objectives.

We weren't advancing, after having steamrollered though to the last set of m-coms, and they weren't covering anyone trying to take an m-com. I messaged them and asked them to cover my squad as we tried for the last m-com. Got message back to stop bugging them, in not so kind words. Our team was hosed anyways, so my buddy and I loaded my jet ski with mslams and helped them into the BF4 afterlife. While it didn't really accomplish anything in the end, it was cathartic. Didn't get any hate mail - yet. I'm waiting for my virgins in the afterlife.

• Locked thread