Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Lazyfire posted:

I've been seeing some interesting GIFs of BF4 where stuff isn't loading or objects like bushes and other plants are popping into reality at like ten paces. The example that stuck with me was from the PS4, but it apparently happens on the PC and Xbox as well.

I like triangular gatling guns, but the best is when you sometimes get a ironsight glitch on the M249. ADS that bitch and there's just a flat pyramid where the sight would be and you can't see poo poo.

I've also had the AK-12 disappear completely apart from the sight and magazine. That was fun to watch my guy slamming magazines into a invisible gun. Given the choice between random crashes and wacky graphic glitches, I know which I prefer. :allears: I hope to unlock the mortar soon and start firing invisible shells, that was a fun glitch in BF3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

DiverTwig posted:

Holy poo poo! I'm top of the PS4 leaderboard in something! It's just support per minute, but damnit, I've always said I'm not the best at shooting mans, but I'll follow you and repair your vehicle, or I'll throw you health and ammo loving constantly.

You're enabling like a dozen other mans to keep killing and blowing things up, they won't be doing poo poo if they die or run out of ammo. Support is my current favorite class because with a LMG you literally get points just for shooting at people because of supression. Plus it never gets old pausing halfway through spewing a storm of bullets, and killing the poo poo out of people who come around the corner thinking you're reloading. :unsmigghh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

yellowcar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7oamJtBpdU

Air superiority with loving helicopters. I don't even know!

I love that one shot of someone obviously flying a jet or chopper, chasing down a infantry dude guns blazing and just crashing into the ground instead. Never have gameplay trailers been more accurate. :allears:

Also holy gently caress. When did knife counters become a thing? I snuck up on a recon dude, he countered my knife and jammed it right back into my dude's gut. :stare:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Enter Char posted:

Knifing people from the front lets them counter you. It's really easy to do, so never knife from the front if you can avoid it.

Maybe that could be added that to the OP? It seems like a big change from other games.

That explains a lot. I was mashing the button because he was getting up and I wanted my precious dogtag steal. Must've turned and risen enough to let him counter. :argh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Green Puddin posted:

Yeah I don't get that mentality. Sure, being a smart recon can have you back sometimes (I preferred recon in BF3 for tugs and my shotgun) but to just back there all day like a little bitch... I don't get it.

In their minds every shot is like this. Compared to uselessly plinking away at someone until they happen to stand still while healing or reloading.

lostleaf posted:

Does the support class have some way of bring down armor? I'm trying to level up the support but its so tempting to jump back as an engineer to blast those smug armor or helicopters.

The airburst will damage anything up to a tank. Not to any noticable degree, but it'll still get you some points, and if you're going to die anyway, might as well scratch the bastard's paint, and if you're lucky you might snag a kill if someone else is unloading on it. For some reason it does hilarious damage to choppers though. It can kill anyone riding outside, and if you get enough hits on target you can even score mobility crits.

Also the mortar. That thing is so much fun. lovely map you don't like? Just drop a ammo box, and drop shells on everything from deployment all game. That thing can mobility crit choppers, and they stay so pleasantly still while turning... :getin: Plus people who don't use it, typically don't know it's remote controlled, so they death-dive their jets and choppers at it, killing themselves over and over while you're sat around the corner. :lol:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Beelzebozo posted:

It slowly regenerates ammo like an MBT cannon. (The mortar is actually surfaced as an emplaced vehicle, rather than an equipment, in this game's stats tracking.)

If you've got a ammo box, you can also 'dismount' the current mortar, then plonk a new one down with the fire button.

It tends to be quicker than waiting for the ammo to replenish. The ammo box isn't for supplying the mortar with ammo, it's to give you a brand new mortar to plonk down when you need all that extra ammo now instead of waiting for it to replenish.

And the pattern of my lockups has finally crystallized now I've played enough to recognize the maps. It's always on loving Dawnbreaker or whatever it's called. :argh:

crondaily posted:

So what's everyone's reason for using the Carbines, is it because it can be used across all classes and has good recoil management?

Pretty much. They outrange PDW's so are better to use for a engineer, and the recon starter rifle has so much drop you can literally throw bullets further. Assault rifles I haven't dabbled with too much, but I think carbines tend to have less recoil compared to a compratively minor damage tradeoff. Being able to use them across all classes means you get to use all those sweet attachments too.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Enter Char posted:

Carbines are just as good if not better than assault rifles. Every class can use them, and at close to mid range there is near as much no difference. They kind of makes the assault kit not worth playing, because all the other classes have more fun toys and can use pretty much the same guns.

Assault just doesn't have any 'cool' gadgets, but they can literally keep a co-ordinated group alive. For casual play, they do tend to suck.

Lack of a proper anti-vehicle option is mostly why I think. Recon and Support have C4, so you can switch out a gadget and take out those pesky vehicles with relative ease, while still dispensing ammo or throwing sensors around. Assault can maybe scratch the paint on something with a shot from the grenade launcher, but it takes so drat long to reload, and you're giving up either healing or reviving to do so.

Just need to wait until custom servers for consoles pop up and play Locker 24/7 until I hit the service star. :unsmigghh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

404notfound posted:

From this video, it looks like the guy just drops a new one without picking up the old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoY5CGjgBgE&t=125s

Yep, that's all I do when my current one hits zero ammo and isn't regenerating right away. Get up, dump a new one down, then back into the hideyspot to rain more explosive death. :toot: The old one explodes, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do you any damage if you're standing on it or whatever.

limited fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 6, 2013

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Argh, Dawnbreaker is still buggy as gently caress and crashes every single time I play it.

:dice: just needs to fix that one bug and I'll let the rest slide. I'm sick of rebooting my 360 or quitting out of the map every time. :argh:

The only saving grace is that the BF games save your progress mid-map. I doubt the series would've got past BC2 otherwise if you were losing all your progress.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

losonti tokash posted:

People who get super angry about lock on weapons are why I love just lasing a tank or plane and watching the driver have a nervous breakdown trying to avoid it.
Only outdone by watching a chopper full of people veer wildly to the side and smash into the ground in a flaming inferno. I'm sure there's some zen thing about the deadliest weapon being the one never fired or something. :ocelot::confuoot:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

stevey666 posted:

Regular BF2 did not have this feature to my memory. BF2 does have a massive mod (Project Reality) that lets you have positional voice chat.. which does sound awesome and makes me miss playing BF2.

To be fair outside of party chat all you'd hear on vehicle chat would be either-

'Tank over there!'
'loving C4!'
Followed by explosion.
'MINE! STOPSTOPSTO-' Also followed by a explosion.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Robot Danger posted:

I feel really stupid for ordering Premium at this point with the game still crashing. But I saw my friends playing a map I didn't have and I want to be battle buddies.

I can't wait until China Rising becomes general release. Then I can run around knifing all the new recons playing with toy planes. :allears: To be fair the only reason I haven't got Premium myself is because I'm aiming to get a PS4 when the usual launch-stranglehold on supply is lifted, and I'm currently playing on 360. :argh:

Underwhelmed posted:

I had a dude singing christmas carols the other day, the chipmunk christmas song to be precise. That was a really fun (if short) ride.

Got to admit I'd have this Command and Conquer track blaring to anyone who jumps in my gunner seat if I was driving a tank. Major flashback to ordering around a legion of GDI tanks. :black101:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pleads posted:

Flood Zone would be better if you could blow up the tops of the buildings and render them un-usable so idiot pub snipers have to actually do something.
Uhh.. They do. They are used for earning hilarious amounts of points when you empty a airburst at them, or smash them to paste with a mortar. :smug:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ularg posted:

Snipers just aren't fun to fight. Maybe a few maps I can farm them with the airburst but most of the time it's just me getting plinked at or one shot from across the map.

Ugh. Yeah. During one round of Zadov I got so fed up of the PRO SNIPERS camping the top of those towers ( What loving genius decided putting un-openable hatches on the camping spots was a good idea? ) I tossed the shotgun, C4 and motion sensor, grabbed the PLD and MAV, then worked on getting the hang of sniping. We were getting steam-rolled anyway, pubbies decided to abandon the tanks to be stolen, and the missile launcher too. :suicide:

It was kind of relaxing in a way though. Sprawl out, set the drop to 300m, and shoot someone in the head. Then move to a new location after the killcam has played, and blast them in the head again while they aim their own PLD's where I was in a futile effort to find me. :smugdog:

Today's lesson learned - The SRAW can hit the gunship in the air. I shot at it while it was on fire on the Dam and destroyed it for a shitton of points while waiting for my mines to reload from a ammobox. :stare: UAV's even when they swing low enough to be hit, don't give gently caress all points and can't be destroyed, at least by a stinger.

I started lobbing flares around for shits and giggles. It's trippy as gently caress indoors, Locker turns into some sort of crazed rave with all the explosions and gunfire mixed in. :pcgaming:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Snackpack Backpack posted:

If it were a commander asset like the gunship you'd end up with people suiciding so they could spawn in it.

Commander assets are tied to particular control points, so you'd proably end up with world war three breaking out over one capture point. THEN the entire team would suicide to spawn in it, allowing the point to be retaken in a glorious, never-ending cycle of stupidity. :allears:

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I don't remember it being *this* bad however.

I've kind of lucked out, the only game-ending bugs I get are on Dawnbreaker. Otherwise it's just minor things like crazy slowdown when any large-scale destruction is going on, or at chokepoints in Locker. It's pretty weird how it's all the same game but different parts of MP give people grief even on the same consoles.

Did some lazy playing around with the MAV today. It's like a mini-commander mode. I swear the doritos of doom must be extra large or something when you spot with one, because people seem to react to it a lot more often than if you're spotting in person. I was racking up spot ribbons like crazy.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm curious as to why some people can't stay on and others have no issues. I played last night for 3 hours and didn't crash once.

I crash 100% of the time on Dawnbreaker, but as long as I quit out of the matches when it comes up, I don't get problems.

I've picked up a pretty weird new bug after the last update though. If I scroll too far down the server browser and try to join a game, it flashes up a premium advert instead. :psyduck: Which doesn't bloody help because the exclude full servers filter doesn't work either. :argh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Requested_Username posted:

Flood Zone isn't so bad if you're rocking the Lil Birdy. Everyone tends to fight on the rooftops in the middle of the map or snipe from the rooftops of the high buildings, both of whom are easy pickings for your 30mm cannons

Flood Zone is pretty fun, but it floods too much in my eyes. If it didn't submerge points A & C it would probably be about right. It's no fun being unable to use half your equipment and weapons. Getting gunned down from dry land or that one tiny glitched spot in the middle of the water that lets you stand while you're plinking away with your pistol sucks.

Also I'm guilty of being that guy who only plays Metro in BF3 once they fixed the explosive USAS glitch. Getting spawnlocked as the US sucked balls, but on the russian side it was fun plinking people from spawn. When it was a actual back-and-forth fight it was fun and frantic as hell.

I used to stick a scope on a shotgun with slugs and snipe from the russian spawn. So many rage-kicks. :smug:

StevoMcQueen posted:

Is it just me, or did the sp campaign have a recurring theme of falling from great heights (and surviving)?

It's pretty much the staple level-load or level-transition of every modern FPS ever, second only to getting whatever vehicle you're in blown up and surviving, or being saved by awesome hero dude X when you're jumped by a enemy who mysteriously appears behind the door you've just opened. Bonus eye-rolls for the second if it's a QTE, and you still have to mash the button like a maniac until awesome dude X kills the soldier from behind.

limited fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 16, 2013

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Tasoth posted:

SLAM the shallows. Completely changes the way boat players play after they hit those a couple times. It makes A and B on Hainan easier to defend as the battle boats won't sit in the shallows and cap.

Mortars are also a fun alternative. Your average pubbie doomboat will just anchor themselves to rain death on everybody, only moving when someone lobs a missile at them. The arc and speed of firing a mortar means you can land 2-3 shells on them before they realize where the pain is coming from. Bonus :smug: points if you make them panic and beach themselves though.

It does involve getting pretty close to the shore from the mainland though if they're hiding on the other side of the island.

Feenix posted:

Protip: If you spawn in a helicopter already being piloted, there is a greater than 75% chance it is seconds from crashing. DON'T DO IT! ;)

Another protip. AlwaysALWAYS be ready to go down with your vehicle if you're the driver. For one thing you might clinch that last shot that takes the other guy out even as you explode, and secondly if you think being chased around by enemy vehicles is miserable, it's 100x worse when they steal yours too.

Also don't be that jerkass that takes a chopper up to their PRO SNIPER SPOT and loving lands it up there. At least jump out mid-flight so it'll be destroyed and respawn. Chances are someone will either climb or get ferried up, stab you in the back and steal that too.

On the flipside. Steal the poo poo out of enemy vehicles.

Rusty posted:

Funky auto-aim

BF4's auto aim has been the subject of several youtube videos and angry rants. It's broken as hell which is why you'll see recons cracking off perfect shots on the run with sniper rifles.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

TjyvTompa posted:

Does anti-tank mines despawn when you die or can I throw out mines, die, change to repair tool and still have the mines I placed before?

On 360 at least they persist somewhat. I've switched classes entirely and been pottering around the map doing other poo poo then suddenly got points for someone who's rolled over them several minutes later.

There is something that triggers them despawning, be it time or how often you die, but I don't know what it is.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The SOFLAM bug is pretty neat but I spent like three straight games doing nothing but marking and lasering targets and it resulted in maybe four vehicles destroyed.

I did see an astonishing number of players fire missiles into the ceiling and then I guess stop trying out of embarrassment.

It might not entirely be their fault, the lock on in this game is a touch :downs: and will occasionally do dumb poo poo like lock onto empty turrets in the distance instead of the tank aiming it's cannon right at you that also happens to be closer. The PLD is particularly guilty of it.

Got to admit I would be one of those who buys premium, but I'm planning to pick up a PS4 when my 360 finally dies, so it definitely won't carry over. But all the shiny things... :allears: By the way, anyone who's picked up Premium later, do you get the previous free battlepacks, or only what drops while you're paid up?

limited fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 19, 2013

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

10 Beers posted:

Because no one buys this game to play single player? The only reason most of us are playing it is for unlocks or achievements. It would be much better to scrap single player, add a ton of more poo poo to multiplayer, and out a giant sticker on the case that says "ONLINE GAME ONLY".

I think most games have a token campaign mode because online only games tend to get poo poo on in reviews for not having a single player, no matter how god awful it is. Look at Ghosts, the campaign is horrible compared to the other games in the series, yet still got 10/10 100% PUT IT IN MY MOUTH BECAUSE IT'S PERFECT reviews.

To my recollection MAG and Chrome Hounds are nothing more than fancy coasters if you buy them nowadays because the servers literally don't exist anymore. There's probably plenty more though.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pudgygiant posted:

Son of a bitch, I'm never going to get the Igla / Stinger service stars. 175 Igla shots, 7 kills. 90 Stinger shots, 7 kills.

Hopefully at some point they'll make the UAV's blastable. I've hit one, you get a hit marker, but no points like you would if you clip something else.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Beelzebozo posted:

I can certainly see why you wouldn't to use the L2/R2 triggers on the DualShock 3 for… well anything, really. But I've heard that they fixed that for the PS4 controller. Confirm/deny? Or do you have some broader problem with full shoulder triggers in general that extends beyond the mushy, slippery, too-much-depression-depth bullshitty ones on the PS3 controller in particular?

I've got to admit the L2/R2 buttons feel pretty flimsy to me. I'm worried I'm going to break them or they're going to wear out sooner rather than later. Although where I work I've seen more than a half dozen controllers come back with the rubber on the control sticks split instead though. :confused:

I'm also in agreement with the whole touchpad / controller speaker thing. It's cool, but in practice kind of irritating. So far I think only Warframe actually uses the controller speaker for the mission communications.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

moist turtleneck posted:

The best MAV video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-nibK7Y38M

edit: alright MAV fine whatever. I've seen one with a lot of javs but I am not going to find it for you

I've got to admit this video was what made me pick up BF4 for my PS4. I was going to give it a miss because of how drat unstable the game is ( Wanted to at least pay my drat console off before I started putting dodgy software in it ) but if it looks that crazy on the Bone... I was a dumbass and forgot to take my 360 copy to trade in as well. :downs:

Edit: Agh I forgot how painful this game can be when starting out. So used to carbines, RPG's, shotguns, and all the motion sensing stuff on 360. I finally got to finish a game of Dawnbreaker though! :toot:

limited fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 25, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Flechettes own :getin:

I never got around to unlocking slugs. Can you still slap a scope on a shotgun and snipe people with them like in BF3? Even the spawnlocks in lovely Metro games were fun because you could hammer slugs rapid-fire into someone's head using the 870 and a 12x scope.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Scob posted:

lol at people getting mad about this

EA are pretty drat smart about it. Why pay $200,000 for maybe one celebrity when you can bribe a whole bunch of bloggers? No different to bribing review websites, and who 100% believes them nowadays anyway? :effortless:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Lowtax posted:

Companies pay me to not play their games.

How much of that EA BLOOD MONEY did you get to make that video where flying a MAV looks like a ton of fun, mister 'Lowtax' eh? EHHHHHH? :circlefap:

This is hardly bullshittery on the degree of Gearbox and Colonial Marines. :lol: At least BF4's advertising wasn't utter fiction.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Well, at least switching to PS4 won't be a total reset of my progress now. :toot: I am quite disgusted that the maximum scope you can put anything that isn't a sniper rifle is only 4x from what I can tell. :colbert:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Few things delight me as much as murdering useless snipers. The best part? They couldn't stand not being on their rooftop, and kept re-spawning on their beacon. It ended up giving me around 9 kills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9JyWxsPtJ4

God, I stupidly suffered through a Parcel Storm earlier. Seemed like only about 6 people weren't camped on the shipwrecks or the islands waaaaayyyyy off in the corners of the map. I was just hoping to get my FREE BATTLEPACK which I didn't get anyway. Apparently you can only claim them after midday GMT until midnight. :psyduck: Whut.

I can understand normal camping on the smaller maps, but in PS you can't even see the goddamn coastline from those places, let alone any points where actual fighting is being done so you can actually shoot someone. What is wrong with these people? :psyduck:

limited fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 1, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Wow. Updating to China Rising made my PS4 delete Warframe for some reason off my HD. :psyduck: How does that even happen?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Booger Presley posted:

There's that nifty new headshot indicator to let you know when you've been one shot, which in my case seems to be about 80% of the time. Last game I played I was killed 11 times, 10 of those being head shots. Ridiculous. I guess I have a head the size of a hubcap in this game.
The Frostbite engine is the deadliest killer of all. Every time it kills you, it's a headshot. :suicide: Also I want to see bullet trading back in. If only so I don't keep getting killed by 0 health zombies. Also hope the DMR's get something like a fire rate nerf or something. It's getting pretty old already being trigger-mashed to death.

PantsBandit posted:

Apparently I'm in the top 8% of recon players and I never use sniper rifles. Just goes to show that even using numbers as an excuse for camping the entire game is pretty loving stupid.
Only time I ever break mine out is when a bunch of 'em have set up on some obvious perch, and can have fun picking them off over and over again. Otherwise it's a carbine / shotgun all the way. Plus, whoever suggested playing engineer using SLAMS as gimped C4, thanks. Been having much more fun zipping around shooting down choppers and blowing up tanks without having to switch kit. :toot:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

StevoMcQueen posted:

It's sort've the double edged sword of the battlefield series, in that a single person can't carry a team, but a single decent squad can, especially against a team of half assed, disorganised pubbies. At those points it's best to call it a day or prepare to get angry at vidyagames.
The best you can hope for is being the person who finally shoots down that one annoying chopper / blows up that rampaging tank / finally dislodges that annoying wookie from that glitched spot he's wedged / flown into.

It might get you a minute or two of progress, but vehicles respawn, and that wookie always finds his way back into that wall somehow...

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm up to incendiaries but I usually just shoot a grenade launcher instead because I am a bad judge of where they are going to land. It's more for the pistols though yeah, I want my burst firing pistol back.
The impact grenades aren't too bad. They'll pretty much explode as soon as they hit something, and you get two. Perfect for lobbing at close range. No pesky timer. Is there even a way to cook/hold grenades like there was in BF3 for throwing?

Chemmy posted:

Titanfall looks kinda poopy.
At least if it turns out to be a sleeper hit we'll get a nice shiny enhanced version on PS4 when the exclusivity runs out on xbone. :toot: I really wish they'd fix commander though. It's unlikely because it's such a niche playmode, but right now the android version doesn't even track progress properly, and on consoles the snap-on is still infuriating.

Hell, my PC can't run the main game, but I'd splash out for a working desktop Commander-app like program so I can work out my God complex by dropping supply crates on wookies.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

quote:

We worked with our character concept artists to design a kit image that portrays the recon’s role as a sneaky intelligence gatherer with a spec ops focus, an image we think the recon soldiers today fit quite well. Sneaky, Urban, Annoying.

Successful balance achieved. People get annoyed whenever they get plinked in the head by a enemy recon, AND when all the friendly recon's sit miles away from combat doing gently caress all. :allears: Urban not so much. Unless you count squatting atop the towers in Shanghai and Zavod being useless.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pleads posted:

I think it's supposed to indicate a "one shot kill", but there's no checks on that so a lot of things technically qualify since it does not appear to take health in to account.

Run over by a tank? Headshot icon
Cruise missile? Headshot icon
Shot by 4 other members of the team down to 1 health and then gently nudged by a 5th for the kill? Headshot icon

It's also the Frostbite engine's MO. Killed after hopping over a 2 inch step? :pcgaming:FROSTBITE HEADSHOT:pcgaming:

I finally put some effort into unlocking the MTAR as well, and heartily agree the posts above. Holy gently caress, it is a murder machine. First time I equipped it I murdered a entire squad in one magazine. :stare: The AK5C can land hits at some pretty surprising distances on single shot as well. Probably won't kill unless someone is stupidly standing still, but it's perfect for making people panic, or making that annoying recon gently caress off while you're actually doing the whole PTFO thing.

I'm also quite pleased with my 5-tag contribution to the ten million. :smugdog: Pretty sure my tag collection is bugged though. It shows that I have all the exclusive tags. Stuff like the beta, reveal, and even DICE staff only tags, but it defaults back to the premium tags when I try to equip them. :(

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

weaaddar posted:

I'd just like to note that the latest patch allows you to now shoot open the hatches to the roof on Zavod 311.

Last night, I shot open the hatch TWICE in one match, each time killing 3 guys sitting on a roof blind as all hell.

Whoa. I'd given up trying to get past those things. And gently caress whoever thought them being a thing in the first place was a good idea. Do you just need to fill the hatch with bullets, toss some explosives at it, or is there a particular part to shoot like a padlock or something?

And chipping in on the gun debate, as far as LMG's go, belt-fed is fun, but I've found the starter U-100 with a silencer on makes it disgustingly accurate even on the move. Sure it's not messy and metal as dumping 200 rounds of hot death :circlefap: but it's nasty, accurate thing while leaning too.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Tasoth posted:

I like the turn around at the end. It seems as if you recognized your work was done and it was time to go do something else.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who can't resist a quick 'For gently caress's sake I'm BUSY!' glance whenever shittily aimed sniper fire is whizzing past. It seemed to work in this case though. :stare:

I wonder if DICE would be open to adding a obscene gesture button just for trolling recons who can't hit poo poo from the hill they're atop miles away from the action. I might try throwing hand flares in their faces tomorrow if I remember. Those things are actually surprisingly fun, sometimes players will either flee in terror like a normal grenade, or just gawk at it trying to work out why some idiot is throwing flares at them. :downs:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Captain Log posted:

Because of this I've played the campaign for practice. It deleted it twice back in December. After checking the internet it seemed the problem fixed itself. I replayed the first three levels of the campaign yesterday and it saved! Hurray!

The campaign is notoriously buggy at this point, and it's not likely to be fixed soon, if at all considering the main focus of the game is the multiplayer. I think the unofficial fix at the moment is either marathon the entire campaign in one go for unlockables, or sacrifice your barn animal of choice each time you go to play it from a save. :(

Big McLargeHuge posted:

Had a good match yesterday being an aggressive wookie and went fierce with the p228 and whatever that default rifle is. I might save wookie as my DGAF option.

Use a carbine or shotgun, grab some C4 and motion trackers. As long as you can get to a ammo box, anything on the ground is a target. Find it with your motion tracker, then shoot it or blow it the gently caress up. :black101: Unless you're some sort of god who kills everything that you can see in one shot as soon as you see it, you're already 200% more useful than the average pubbie wookie.

As a added bonus, your motion sensors will also show your buddies where the badguys are hiding too. :toot:

limited fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 9, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Just don't get distracted by robots.

I don't think I had used the wiz balls at all until we played a few domination games yesterday. They work sooooo much better than just using a TUGS. I think I racked up close to 60 kills with the 870 in a couple rounds.

I keep forgetting they last 20 odd seconds and keep over-throwing them out of habit from the older BC games. The map is empty because everyone is dead, not because it's stopped working you fool! :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Linedance posted:

Commander mode is really, really fun!

I tried to get the battlescreen part of the battlelog app working on android. Does it actually work, or is it broken? All I got was a loading screen over several games, even when I started a fresh one. They definitely need to take the snap-targetting out of the console version, or make a seperate button though. It's loving atrocious.

Evac orders I'm not sure about. They're what pop up those 'HEAVY ENEMY ACTIVITY' timers when you're ingame. I guess it's a awkward way of letting people know there's a fuckton of enemies or tanks rolling in.

• Locked thread