Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

Yes, there is one. The reward for it is the enemy Commander is heavily incented to mark you as an HVT which permaspots you for the entire enemy team until one of them hunts you down for the sweet point bonus. It's the best killstreak.

OP doesn't care about PC people apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

This is the console thread. Link to PC thread at top of OP.

Just kidding. I love you, Broman. Keep doing your podcast, tia.

I added a section about field upgrades. The first of many dozens of edits to come, I'm sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's good to know someone loves me.

By the by, everyone should endeavor to unlock the MTAR. I found Operation Locker Conquest Large is the best place because the game lasts forever and you get plenty of opportunity to get:
1 LMG kill
1 Assault Rifle Kill
1 Grenade kill
1 Sniper rifle kill

You get rewarded with a 30 round carbine that is just a really stable bullet hose that is quickly becoming my favorite all class weapon.

Feenix posted:

Anyone getting kind of an unusual amount of graphical issues? Im getting weird textures flickering a lot on the terrain (near and far) on Lancang Dam.

I've been seeing some interesting GIFs of BF4 where stuff isn't loading or objects like bushes and other plants are popping into reality at like ten paces. The example that stuck with me was from the PS4, but it apparently happens on the PC and Xbox as well.

Also, you can throw C4 in the water. Totally got a kill on an attack boat and then one of the gunners doing that yesterday.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 2, 2013

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, I have no loving idea. I tried for a while to kill someone with that thing and just couldn't manage it.

You gotta fire it from the hip instead of sighting up and getting a range on the XM. Then just stalk up on some sniper and pop them in the head for being a moron.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Charles Martel posted:

Oh cool, an XBOne thread!

I've been busy with poo poo and only started playing the campaign last night despite getting a Day One console, but I love what I'm seeing so far. 60fps goodness. I just hope the campaign is solid and doesn't completely poo poo itself like BF3's campaign did.

Prepare for the worst.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Someguy posted:

It doesn't seem to be out for members without premium but have the launch edition that comes with CR, unfortunately.

Are you amazed that DICE kept a promise? They said that was the case when the announced premium.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Yes, it will automatically explode. Do not try this in hardcore with friendly fire on though, your vehicle will explode instantly when you start moving.

How have we not used this to troll pubs yet?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I don't expect too much from pubbies. If I'm squad leader I'll give orders for flags that someone is already capping or fighting around. Are they supposed to stop what they're doing and try to win the round? I rarely see people actually follow squad orders unless it's goons.

If only team chat was still in and you could let people know to join the cool dude squad.

E: Pubbies doing stupid poo poo is normal.

I almost forgot what thread this was and was going to tell you the keys you need if you want to All, Team or Squad text chat. I really wish they would work that out on consoles so you could talk to everyone easily.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Snackpack Backpack posted:

At least we can have 8 person parties now. Why would you talk to your whole team instead of just 7 other people? :rolleyes:

Haha, didn't the Xbox 360 offer that same amount of people?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

inSTAALed posted:

Attempting to fly any of the air vehicles makes me feel like a retard. The jets seem borderline useless, and I just suck at keeping the helicopter airborne.

Someguy's outed his alt account.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Pleads posted:

"SHOOT THE loving VEHICLE" when I go recon and spend the round lazer marking all the vehicles which keep killing our idiot foot soldiers.
"MARK THE loving VEHICLE" when I go engi and spend the round chasing down all the vehicles which keep killing our idiot foot soldiers.

Actually, my least favorite thing as a tank commander is when I have an engineer in with me who refuses to get out of the gunner seat and repair me between fights or do what every other gunner in the world does and fire an RPG at the other tank to win the fight.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Someguy posted:

Just jealous you still haven't found anyone as good as me after turning in your cool kid card and joining the master sperg race, eh. Well, you had your chance!

Yeah, poo poo my autism flared up and I had to categorize someone real quick or I was going to go into a tard rage.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So you guys will like this one: If you try to map your jet or helicopter controls to a Xbox360 controller on the PC you basically can't map anything to the left trigger if you want to do any sort of flight controls with the right stick. For some reason the game stealth binds free look to the left trigger as well as the Up arrow on the D-Pad. Even if you completely unbind free look it still happens. I just wanted to replicate my BF3 flying layout, goddamnit.

Also, totally got hate chat because I nailed a mobile AA for a kill by angling my tank shot just right so that it cleared a hill and then dropped on the thing as it tried to get away from me. Guy spammed the chat saying I was hacking.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

In my head I just imagine you singing, "turn arooouuund, briiight eyes. Every now and then I fall apaaart" to each of them. But on second thought you'd probably just give them a, "hey, buddy" (the best knifing catchphrase since 3toes pioneered, "gimme yo fruit cup, bitch!").

You guys, where is 3toes?

He just podcasts now. That and teams up with Drekins to troll people in GTAV if our conversations are accurate.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Fixed that for you.

I figured that was spoken in confidence...

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

10 Beers posted:

Holy poo poo, Paracel Storm on conquest is HORRIBLE!

Your tiny console brain must be firing off wrong. That map is fantastic fun on Conquest Large and there are like six attack boats patrolling the map and not paying attention to the guy with C4 and a quad ramping bikes at them for a half hour.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

waah posted:

Is there anyway to force a new squad so that you can be squad leader? I had gamedotdll playing with me a couple games this morning before I went in to work, and even though I didn't have my mic plugged in, we got a ton of points and ace squad simply because I knew how to give squad orders early and often.

I really hate being stuck in a squad where the squad leader won't do anything, won't listen and just gives up free points. Unlocking stuff is tedious enough as is.

You should be able to to go team setup and there should be a "create new squad" option.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

Wait, so you're telling me that Someguy is actually a representative sample? :raise:

The opinions on the game are basically this:

Infantry players: Hooray, we are no longer at the mercy of invincible sky gods any time there is a helicopter on the map!

Jet pilots Helicopters have a hard time shooting us down now, but the maps are pretty small and damage is low. I can kill stuff, but it is more difficult.

Tank/armor drivers: I'm still one of the most important and powerful things in the game, but I need to be more cautious and have a gunner to keep people from hitting me with 50 LAWs at once.

Helicopter Pilots: FUUUUCCCCKKIIIINGG DICE! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO 50-2 IF PEOPLE HAVE LOCK ON WEAPONS!?

It's not just Someguy, a lot of people are complaining about helis being poorly balanced or not strong enough. That hasn't stopped them from killing me on the regular so maybe they should get on the level of the guys shooting me.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

There is… on Xbone. :smaug:

Seriously though, using Kinect voice commands to activate commorose functions is pretty drat useful. I can make my minimap icon flash the, "yo, heal me" sign to friendly assaults just by saying "need medic" aloud without breaking stride.

The Commrose is actually best used to have conversations between characters by making them yell things at each other.

I know the cool new thing is using the UCAV to grief people, but I still find the old ways are the best ways

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Tasoth posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I missed the MAV HK in BF3 and now I missed the angry sea gull SUAV. gently caress.

It's fine, you didn't want to rack up 2000 free kills anyways.

Also, I guess riding on tanks is now a thing in this game? You may not just slide off or something when moving? New levels of jihad kills may be in order if this is accurate.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Dan Didio posted:

So, according to the game itself, I have fulfilled the requirements to unlock the M249. However, on my Battlelog webpage (which is loving crazy that you have to do that to sort your loadouts outside of a game, by the way) I don't have access to it. Any idea how to fix this?

This really should be in the OP after the PC thread had this pop up every three posts:

Battlelog doesn't always update unlocked weapons immediately, if you go into multiplayer and change a loadout you should see it there. Just go into the test range and do it if you have to.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

WastedJoker posted:

I just learned that if you deploy the soflam then use the mav, if you keep a vehicle in your crosshairs, it will laser designate it even if your deployed soflam has no line of sight.

Destroyed a fuckton of vehicles on zavod just now thanks to helpful team members.

PC bug that may work on consoles. Day crew should give it a shot.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

DiverTwig posted:

Holy poo poo, if this is true I shall be a god! They will erect glorious golden MAV statues with my name upon them. Enemies shall hear the buzzing and fear! None shall go unspotted or designated! I shall be the instrument of sadness and death to those who would dare go up against my squadrons of goons, and that of happiness and victory to those who follow my path of doritos across that which we call... the battlefield.

People are now reporting that simply aiming down sights may start tagging vehicles now if the SOFLAM is out.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I totally ghost rode a Jiquad into an enemy who spawned with the engineer repairing the target tank. Thank god for the spawn system and server text chat.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Rubber banding is a result of someone with a high ping not being removed from the server, at least that's the case on PC.

Uhhh, if you go to Reddit it is clearly stated that the netcode is the problem with this game and that DICE wanted to make a lovely game. I mean, if you can't trust Reddit...

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

thenicko33 posted:

staff shell ruins tank combat. like I don't even want to use mbts because of how much it takes all the fun out of tanking.

i can deal with c4, I can deal with double tapping sraw users, i can deal with the .50 cal and coax lmg being underpowered, i can even deal with the t90s hud being offset, but this is stupidly broken and insanely unfun.

Not to go all PC Master Race on you, but I haven't seen a single STAFF shell in 43 hours of play.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ularg posted:

I use Staff shell on PC. It's a great 1-2 punch with Sabot.

Yeah, but you spent $400 to buy this game a second time knowing it would have problems soooooooo....

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ularg posted:

I also bought Call of Duty so :shrug: I'm having fun on both platforms. I forgot that I only bought a PS4 for Battlefield, drat.

I'm just saying you are a console scrub lord and should probably get used to that title is all.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Clevermuldoon posted:

So how is China Rising? Is it worth the 15 bucks?

Also is there a way to customize your loadout outside of a match?

I thought CR is/was fun, helped by the fact that the things like Dirtbikes and Jeeps spawn infinitely so you don't sit around waiting for a vehicle.

The answer to all things loadout related is Battlelog.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Chemmy posted:

Xbone is worth $100 more than PS4 because you don't need a Facebook account to share stuff.

Yeah, what with the twitch strea... oh, wait, they had to delay that because they forgot to include a h.264 encoder in a modern console somehow.

Let me repeat that: Microsoft said that you could stream to Twitch, but didn't include the hardware to send out video in the format used by the site.

I really hope someone got fired for that one.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I didn't finish that video because I've already seen about a billion people with "VETS AND NOOBS WATCH THIS AND LEARN SOMETHING" videos that all teach the same thing.

I did take a screenshot:

Apparently they aren't remaking Robocop, they're just sending us into the past where that sort of PSA was common.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Yeah it's funny... I've never seen the Staff shell used on PC, not even once.

I go to hang with my buddy who's in town and who's brother got a PS4 and boom, all staff all the time. It gets a free crit even from the front?! Ridiculous.

By the way, holy poo poo is the PS4 controller a loving MASSIVE improvement over the PS3. I...

I...

I flew again. It felt so right with a controller, dancing in the sky, rolling rank twos and rank threes with the garbage miniguns the little bird has. It's a shame they screwed the air balance so much because flying the little bird is more fun now than it ever was; really if they would just take the mobility hit away and cut the repair rate by two thirds, I'd be good with that.

Oh Christmas pubbies :allears:

Yeah, I told you I hooked up my 360 controller to the PC and I can actually fly and hit things like that. Some PC players are gods using the keyboard, but I just can't get my brain to work out how to adjust correctly using it and the controller is the only thing that makes sense.

Also, if you haven't seen the "Platforms" page on the stupid loving stat site:

GOOD JOB XBROS!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

You'll be allowed to rent servers when you can show you are responsible enough to not make a billion "24/7 Locker and Metro 1000 ticket Conquest" servers out of habit.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I just re-installed all the BF3 DLC, so retro night better drat well happen (looking at you, Someguy, Nick and 3 Toes).

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

It sucks because the game plays better and has a better control scheme on PC, but the PC goon community is dead as gently caress and argues over the most retarded poo poo.

E: and as of right now, if I were to get a console it'd be a PS4. Sorry Xbros :(

Dead means larger population and more people on at a time now?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

thenicko33 posted:

come on ahnuld, you know you want a Bone. Do you really wanna miss the day when we ban a full 64 player server?

What's the one day cost for a server? I have some excess points hanging around and I've made my fiancee aware that I'm a 28 year old professional who has a video game date night set up.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Skater h8er posted:

Going after that phantom prospect assignment I've come to love using the hmg on tanks it's the only thing I'm accurate with and can reliably use I really suck with vehicles

HMG is really the best option if you are a tank because about 70% of the time no one wants to gun for you, even in full 64 player servers and you are basically helpless versus infantry without a machine gun of some kind on the tank.

Luckily for everyone, vehicles are now pretty common, they can be found at nearly every point and at least transport only vehicles like ATV/Dirtbikes and jeeps are on a near constant respawn. It also means even more jihad C4 kills.

I no joke like this game better for jihad kills than I do BF3, the lack of motion sensors on tanks and other armor now means I usually get closer to stuff before I get detected and the change to reactive means three C4 may be all you ever need to kill something.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Not having that issue on PC, I just played an hour and a half long match on Silk Road that saw me get 61 kills and the top guy on my team went 120-20.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lowtax posted:

Is anybody still playing (or at least attempting to play) this game on the Xbox One? I don't visit the Games forums much, so I don't know if there's a list of Xbox Live usernames for Goons playing it. If so, feel free to add me (Lowtaxico), because nobody I know plays it and I'm getting kinda bored watching random idiots spawn in the helicopters, fly them above a building, and bail out so they can snipe the entire game.

Wait, sniper taxi isn't the main function of a helicopter?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

Is there a decent 360 playerbase for this still? I'm finally on a decent internet connection again but it seems like most of the people I recognize from the 360 bro servers have moved on to the next gen. Is BF4 worth getting for a current console?

After playing it on the PC and knowing that the next gen consoles (aside from the preponderance of lock on weapons) are close in play and general smoothness I would say hold off and get it for next gen so you get all the features and playercount stuff that makes the game fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Dan Didio posted:

Is it really that bad for some people? I've had about three crashes total and those were before the slew of patches. I had no idea there were still so many issues. Christ, DICE really cocked this one up.

There seems to be this huge disparity between players on all platforms. I hear about people encountering insane netcode issues, crashes before the map loads, visual glitches and so on all the time no matter what system people are on. I thought consoles were supposed to make the experience more uniform, so I can understand the variety of problems people on the PC experience and others don't, but I'll never understand the Xbone/PS4 problems.

• Locked thread