Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Weren't there a few videos in the bad games thread? Not the whole thing, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

SelenicMartian posted:

Someone needs to create a thread dedicated to the game. It is the only way to give it the justice it deserves.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Big Scary Owl posted:

Someone please make an LP of Bubsy 3D. :shepicide:
There was one running as a bonus in the D&D thread, no idea how far it got, though.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

SelenicMartian posted:

Got a link to the thread, by any chance?

Actually, hell, are there any LPs of any of the Bubsy games? I remember playing the SNES one as a kid and not minding it, then playing it again as a teen and being all 'what the Christ was wrong with me?'

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Bubsy always reminds me of Ulillillia.

quote:

Having played around in level 2 for nearly 500 hours total (it's my top favorite level of all), I discovered many bugs and secrets during all that time. Ever wonder how you can get on top of that rocket? Want to know the very highest point you can stand on or the highest point you can get to? Care for some mountain climbing or some other side challenges? I demonstrate 5 of my 9 main secrets in this video. No cheat codes are required either (the position cheat is used, but even that is not required). The left speaker has me speaking to explain the various secrets along with a few other remarks. The right speaker plays the original sound track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25bjSoyXlw0

Yes, Uli is troubled. SA Threads that dive into his personal affairs tend to get gassed. You've been warned.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

There was one running as a bonus in the D&D thread, no idea how far it got, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TqoqFDfSbM

This is video one. Wolfshirt ended up making 3 total.
I have no idea how he lasted that long.
I have no idea how any human managed to play or even make that game.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Gildiss posted:

I have no idea how any human managed to play or even make that game.

Accolade published some great games (Star Control 2) but they developed nothing but raw garbage. One of the founders is now making the usual iOS white noise trash games and the other gave up video games for Jesus.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

toddy. posted:

and the other gave up video games for Jesus.

I probably would too if I had to live with the fact that Bubsy was my legacy.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I took a look at the original post of this thread, and I'm seeing quite a few jRPGs that I indeed, do own. Now, I have to wonder from the past experience of others, are those normally done as screenshot LPs, or video LPs? If they're done as video LPs, I know that encounters get rather tedious, so should I show off an enemy once or twice before editing out any further encounters?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

normally screenshots, unless it's an actiony sort of jrpg

if you do do videos yeah, edit down encounters a lot

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I edit out almost all of the actual gameplay unless something interesting happens (nothing interesting ever happens)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Slur posted:

I took a look at the original post of this thread, and I'm seeing quite a few jRPGs that I indeed, do own. Now, I have to wonder from the past experience of others, are those normally done as screenshot LPs, or video LPs? If they're done as video LPs, I know that encounters get rather tedious, so should I show off an enemy once or twice before editing out any further encounters?

Looks like the op hasnt been updated for over a year. I dont even know if futurefriend looks at it anymore. So there are a bunch of requests that have been completed.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Blind Sally posted:

Looks like the op hasnt been updated for over a year. I dont even know if futurefriend looks at it anymore. So there are a bunch of requests that have been completed.
Probably wasn't a good idea to have someone that actively loathes LP's make this thread.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Dryzen posted:

I edit out almost all of the actual gameplay unless something interesting happens (nothing interesting ever happens)

Nothing interesting ever happening is practically the subtitle of that series. :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Niggurath posted:

Probably wasn't a good idea to have someone that actively loathes LP's make this thread.

should we make a new one? i could make and update a new list.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

Nothing interesting ever happening is practically the subtitle of that series. :v:

Woah

Blind Sally posted:

Yes

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Blind Sally posted:

Ah, I didn't notice. Well, I'm going to practice some of the games I saw there anyways and see what happens.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blind Sally posted:

Yes.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

yeah, prolly a good idea. havent really been visiting lp much in a while if there's anything i can do to help shoot me a PM or something

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ok sweet. i'll put together a quick op and go off from where you started.

anyone have a good idea for a thread title?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

neo-new lp request thread

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Radio LP: Only Requests, All The Time

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Soon I'll Also Stop Updating This LP Request Thread

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Ok, I'm gonna start updating the list here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708205&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post443111591

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Requested LP Request Thread?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
10 LPs that they don't want you to know about!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
A List of Every Video Game Ever in the OP

(seriously, why do we need a thread like this?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

thread's done nerds see y'all when this guy gives up

• Locked thread