Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

For easy reference, I've made stripped-down text-only copies of the previous request threads one two and three (so you can see (in #2) even the original Avernum requester said Exile would probably be ok)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

ritcheyz posted:

I'm planning to do really in-depth completionist runs of every Halo game at some point in the future, because no one's shown off the immense amount of easter eggs and secrets those games have.
If you want, I can help you with Halo 3, I was also planning on doing an LP for it.
I also have some experience doing easter eggs and trickin and such.

Volty
Jul 25, 2013
Anyone ever hear about a little mech-warrior-esque game for the original Xbox, called Phantom Crash? It's a game I played a lot when I was younger, and it has kind of a lot of early-2000s charm to it, and I'd love to see a playthrough. You'd pilot around this robot and fight other robots, kind of like Armored Core but more in an arena/deathmatch style. I'd love to see a proper job done on it, probably Hybrid screenshots for the story, what little there is.

I even kinda plan on doing it myself in the future, but I'm not sure if I want to put money down on a capture card for it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot LP of Fast Food Tycoon or its sequel, known as Pizza Syndicate and Pizza Connection 2 respectively if you're European.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Lizard Wizard posted:

Pizza Syndicate and Pizza Connection 2

Seconding this based on name alone. Well, name and that the first image that I've seen of this game had ants on a pizza.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dyslexiactic posted:

Seconding this based on name alone. Well, name and that the first image that I've seen of this game had ants on a pizza.

And here's the boxart, at least for the original games:

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Hi I have a request of the Let's Play forum. I really would like to know the Konami code for an upcoming LP I'm working on. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot LP of Fast Food Tycoon or its sequel, known as Pizza Syndicate and Pizza Connection 2 respectively if you're European.
Someone else has heard of Fast Food Tycoon? I used to make the most disgusting pizzas in that game. Who knows, I may do an LP of it after I finish up Tropico.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The Humble Store has a Winter Sale going and it reminded me of something that came up in a discussion in the old thread. Someone should handle Red Faction: Armageddon. I don't really have a desire to go beyond RFII, Guerrilla was completed and put in the LP Archives a while back, leaving Armageddon as the odd game out.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I haven't gotten a lot of response from my earlier post, but I really would like to know what the Konami code is. Is there anyone here who could help me out? Thanks again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mogambo posted:

I haven't gotten a lot of response from my earlier post, but I really would like to know what the Konami code is. Is there anyone here who could help me out? Thanks again.

Oh you were serious? It's Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right. The buttons you press after that depend on your system. Out of curiosity, why didn't you google it?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Seriously? You don't know the konami code? Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, A, B.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

The code is "I can't believe you guys fell for that".

Seriously though, to get back on topic before this goes out of hand I'd like to double the request for Pizza Syndicate/Pizza Connection/Fast Food Tycoon because I remember playing that game as a kid and having so much fun with making the stupidest ant pizzas known to man.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Sure what the hell, I'll give FFT a shot after Tropico. Bullshit AI and some hard as hell money management? No problem, just become a crime lord and launder all ill-gained money from your crime wave while navigating a hella messy menu.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Adding to the Pizza Syndicate request, with the challenge that most of your money has to come through legal means (and no mafia ones, either) :getin:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Niggurath posted:

I wouldn't mind if someone did an LP of Palette. It seemed like a pretty interesting RPG maker game from the 90's that wasn't actually an RPG, but instead was a murder mystery with an interesting gimmick.

Seconding this. I would love it if this game got some more attention.
And since we're in the realm of RPG Maker games, someone should really do an LP of Ib. It's a fantastic little horror game that manages to be truly creepy without having gallons of blood and guts. It would definitely have to be at the very least a VLP, or a hybrid if possible, since many of the scares won't translate well to screenshots.
And now for some totally random requests. Since I just got through watching the Steins;Gate anime and reading the let's play, I would like to see Chaos;Head. I heard the anime sucked, but the VN is supposed to be pretty good.
One last one, that probably no one here has heard of: Treasure Adventure Game. It's basically Wind Waker, if Wind Waker were a platformer. I never managed to finish it, but what I played was really fun.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

youcallthatatwist posted:

And since we're in the realm of RPG Maker games, someone should really do an LP of Ib. It's a fantastic little horror game that manages to be truly creepy without having gallons of blood and guts. It would definitely have to be at the very least a VLP, or a hybrid if possible, since many of the scares won't translate well to screenshots.
And now for some totally random requests. Since I just got through watching the Steins;Gate anime and reading the let's play, I would like to see Chaos;Head. I heard the anime sucked, but the VN is supposed to be pretty good.
One last one, that probably no one here has heard of: Treasure Adventure Game. It's basically Wind Waker, if Wind Waker were a platformer. I never managed to finish it, but what I played was really fun.
Charkie did a VLP of Ib for the Summer Spooktacular thread. It's part of this playlist.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

I've played Treasure Adventure Game. It's free on GoG.com for anyone who signs up. It's quite a bit of fun and has a solid soundtrack too. I never beat it, but some of the bosses started to get quite difficult near the end. It made me wish for a controller, as playing on the keyboard was less than spectacular.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
You know what? Let's make a holiday-themed request for The Grinch on PS1, or its remake Dr. Seuss: How The Grinch Stole Christmas! on the DS. I assume the remake is just as much of a bland, 55%-rating platformer as the original.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pierzak posted:

Adding to the Pizza Syndicate request, with the challenge that most of your money has to come through legal means (and no mafia ones, either) :getin:

That's hardly fair. It's Pizza SYNDICATE.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If it matters, Gabriel Knight 2: Werewolf Boogaloo will be continued in my series LP after Xmas.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you wanted to remove it from the list, crow and I have now completed every level in our Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire LP. We're still going to mess around with cheat codes and look at other facets of the multimedia project, but the game itself is finished.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I'd love to see a screenshot LP of Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360. One was started but abandoned last year, and it's from what I've heard a fantastic game.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TravelLog posted:

I'd love to see a screenshot LP of Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360. One was started but abandoned last year, and it's from what I've heard a fantastic game.

Someone else posts that request once every six months or so. It's like the game is as cursed because I think someone tries every now and again to get it going, but either it never starts or ends suddenly.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I know! Usually it ends just when things start getting good and the plot gets moving.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Someone else posts that request once every six months or so. It's like the game is as cursed because I think someone tries every now and again to get it going, but either it never starts or ends suddenly.
We like to troll LPers that way. :v:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If it's not too much of a hassle, I'd like to see someone have a go at LPing Future Tactics: The Uprising. The basic concept is Worms with humans and aliens and it was interesting enough to me that I unlocked everything worth getting in it. I want to make this game more well-known because it had some pretty nice gameplay ideas and the music from Tim Follin was really fantastic. I would do it myself but my copy doesn't like being in my fat PS2 anymore, and I lack the proper recording set-up to begin with. It was available for the PS2, Xbox, GC, and PC (which was PAL only AFAIK), though I'd recommend to stay away from the PS2 version since those disks were blue on the bottom instead of clear and that type of disk really doesn't like being in slim PS2s for whatever reason.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Since jhaller (warning: he embraced his inner brony) abandoned his Max Payne 3 LP almost a year ago now and it's on the request list, I suppose I'll take a stab at it. I'll do two versions of each video: one with text commentary to preserve the game's tone and one with vocal commentary over cutscenes to poke fun at it. PM me if you'd like to do co-commentary with me and make fun of how super serious the game is (or just post here if you don't have plat I guess)!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 24, 2013

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

CJacobs posted:

Since jhaller abandoned his Max Payne 3 LP almost a year ago now, I suppose I'll take it up and do one of my own. I'll do two versions of each video: one with text commentary to preserve the game's tone and one with vocal commentary over cutscenes to poke fun at it. PM me if you'd like to do co-commentary with me and make fun of how super serious the game is (or just post here if you don't have plat I guess)!

It really is one of those games that could use a good LP to show it off. I had two ideas on how to best approach it. One was to get drunk for each play session to be more like Max, the other was to recommend movies and shows that would be tonally similar to the game. Get the Gringo, Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Elite Squad all come to mind when I played the game. Yes, two of those movies take place in Mexico, I know, but they work alongside the game.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I always felt Payback was a great Not-Max-Payne Max Payne movie. Get The Gringo makes a great companion if you just imagine it's the same character later in life

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cool, I guess I can do that. Maybe get a few people together and have some beers while we riff on the hilarious Mark Wahlberg Max Payne movie. I'll draw up the OP and start recording and stuff; now that I've got some free time and poo poo maybe this one won't got as badly as my last one, update schedule-wise.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 24, 2013

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

CJacobs posted:

Cool, I guess I can do that. Maybe get a few people together and have some beers while we riff on the hilarious Mark Wahlberg Max Payne movie. I'll draw up the OP and start recording and stuff; now that I've got some free time and poo poo maybe this one won't got as badly as my last one, update schedule-wise.

Sounds like a good time. If you are doing this on the PC make sure to show off the insane number of resolutions available. I clicked for almost a minute to get to the 1080p option.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'd love to see an LP of a pair of ancient classics I used to play all the time as a kid but never finished.

The first is Alien Legacy. A game about a human colony "seed ship" that is sent on a decades long mission. Only to arrive and realize a shop was sent later that was faster and actually overtook it, but finding only ruins of a lost colony effort when they arrive. It combined strategy and RPG elements as you try to find out what happened while colonizing the system.

The second game is The Clue! An RPG crime simulator where you plan elaborate heists, follow an an elaborate adventure storyline and try not to get caught.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Demiurge4 posted:

The second game is The Clue! An RPG crime simulator where you plan elaborate heists, follow an an elaborate adventure storyline and try not to get caught.
The German release is freeware, by the way.

It would work even better in a triple LP, starting with C64 They Stole a Million, then The Clue!, followed by its sequel The Sting!.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Demiurge4 posted:

Between this and the bit about there being a German release I could've sworn you were talking about The Sting!.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

It would work even better in a triple LP, starting with C64 They Stole a Million, then The Clue!, followed by its sequel The Sting!.
:flashfap:

Do it. Especially The Clue!, but I'm also interested in the other two if they're similar.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pierzak posted:

Do it. Especially The Clue!, but I'm also interested in the other two if they're similar.
I can't do it, but they are very similar. TTAM is The Clue without the plot, just a series of break-ins. The Sting! is The Clue! with a 3D engine and some other changes. It's available on GamersGate.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

I can't do it, but they are very similar. TTAM is The Clue without the plot, just a series of break-ins. The Sting! is The Clue! with a 3D engine and some other changes. It's available on GamersGate.

Maybe a collaborative thread with three goons playing the games concurrently?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Niggurath posted:

I wouldn't mind if someone did an LP of Palette. It seemed like a pretty interesting RPG maker game from the 90's that wasn't actually an RPG, but instead was a murder mystery with an interesting gimmick.
I put up a test post for Palette in the Sandcastle. I would be grateful for feedback.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

When the time limitation on it passes, I think The Guided Fate Paradox should be shown off.

It's so anime, and yet... I can't stop watching it. :stare:

• Locked thread