Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Dubs, everyone in the group has paid up, just waiting on yours and I can purchase it.

Just sent it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Just sent it.

Got it, sir. Will be sending the info later tonight or tomorrow morn.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Madden_bullshit.mp4:

Pardon my high rear end laughter throughout the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkaoLmdMn8

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtMk81iTNNs

Guys I am officially Good at Defense.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 10, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

ShortThug posted:

Well not sure where FG went tonight so I guess we'll try again tomorrow?

Sorry, I'll be around tomorrow morning. If not I'll set myself auto, sorry bout the delay.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:eng101: Pro-tip: :eng101:

Hold L2 + X to taunt.

Demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVHCD7lKNdI

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!

human being Guy posted:

Sorry, I'll be around tomorrow morning. If not I'll set myself auto, sorry bout the delay.

I've got work and won't be home until 5.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I can play at like 5:15 EST and onwards. If this doesn't work out I'll set myself to auto for this week and you can bash me.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Okay let's shoot for 6 pm EST then.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

ShortThug posted:

Okay let's shoot for 6 pm EST then.

I'm trying to get into the league right now but I'm getting this message

"Our servers cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Blah blah, god damnit EA!

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Let me see if I can

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
If you do manage to get in and I can't I'll let ya knock it out against the cpu.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Works for me. Try again?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I've been trying over and over for 20 minutes. Lemme reset my system and see if that works.

e: Yup, still hosed. If I can set myself to auto via the website I'll do that now then update my post so you can rock it.

e2: I have no idea how to do this, I selected "advance week" hoping that would put me on auto but I have no idea.

Dubs can you set me to auto so Shorty can bang this out.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 11, 2014

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I sent you a game invite. See if that works

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

I've been trying over and over for 20 minutes. Lemme reset my system and see if that works.

e: Yup, still hosed. If I can set myself to auto via the website I'll do that now then update my post so you can rock it.

e2: I have no idea how to do this, I selected "advance week" hoping that would put me on auto but I have no idea.

Dubs can you set me to auto so Shorty can bang this out.

Will do when I get home.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

ShortThug posted:

I sent you a game invite. See if that works

Didn't work, this sucks!

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
That's really weird. I guess the game just wasn't meant to be.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Yea, this past week I have been in internet connection hell. I think the only reason I was able to play my game vs Platman in the other league is because I was at a friends place yesterday.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
FG auto'd

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
We're advancing tonight then?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

We're advancing tonight then?

Whenever shortthug gets his game in, yea.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
R2A

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm hoping online now, down for scrimming or playing MUT.

I'll be streaming my various shenanigans tonight and tomorrow (playing hooky from work! :woop:) on https://www.twitch.tv/wampalord

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 11, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'll play. I'm on now.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

WampaLord posted:

I'm hoping online now, down for scrimming or playing MUT.

I'll be streaming my various shenanigans tonight and tomorrow (playing hooky from work! :woop:) on https://www.twitch.tv/wampalord

Aww, you went offline 2 minutes after I joined.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I got the bears this week. I can play whenever. Lemme know what works for you.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
10 pm EST tonight?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

ShortThug posted:

10 pm EST tonight?

I can do that.

E: I got one of these suckers today for under $20 so hopefully i wont sound horrible anymore in chat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0140211201811:s

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 11, 2014

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Cincinnati 41, Cleveland 0

This blowout (seriously, Jason Campbell sucks out loud) was marred by the tragic loss of Giovanni Bernard, the NFL's 3rd leading rusher, to a fractured shoulder blade. He's out 19 weeks, so I'm guessing that means he's done for the year.

Otherwise, the defense caused several turnovers, including a pick-6 by Vontaze Burfict, and the offense played well enough to stay out of their own way, at least until Bernard went down. Dalton had a pedestrian day, brightened by a 50-yard scramble on a badly-broken pass play.

Who has a good speed RB they want to get rid of? I'm offering my first pick in the next draft, if you have someone - otherwise, I might search around and suggest a trade at the start of next week with a CPU team.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, that sucks Muc. Another RB dies. Vikings are solely missing AP's presence.

Summary of Steelers @ Vikings (in London since I didn't post it last night! EA actually modeled Wembley for the PS4 release).

Steelers 0 - Vikings 13

Defense was the name of this game. Neither offense had a banner day. Without Adrian Peterson's presence, Minnesota was forced to rely on a UDFA RB and Toby Gerhart combo, only catching big plays in the run game from newly acquired Terrelle Pryor.

Speaking of Pryor, he showed a very mediocre passing performance. He misfired on all kinds of throws all game, getting bailed out hard by Greg Jennings and Randy Moss on a few miracle jump ball battles, as he tends to airmail passes.

Pittsburgh suffers injuries to both starting CBs, Heath Miller and Big Ben, however Ben will not miss time, which is good news for Pittsburgh. On rookie backup Landry Jones' first snape, he took a sack for a lost fumble.

MN escapes with no injuries for the first game all season.

At the end, MN eeks back up to .500 on the season and finally puts some money in the coffers, enabling MN to resign RE Jared Allen to a team friendly contract, providing some much needed salary cap relief.

Very good game FG - I know it sucks to be on the losing end of a shutout, but you played tough defense as always.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Eh, I had fun either way, and now I have a new speedy WR project to work on. Great game man, shut me out for 7/8 quarters last night, and 8/8 on offense with only my ST getting a ridiculous TD.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Any objections to me trading a 1 (and possibly a 2, and BenJarvis Green Ellis or Rey Malanotgonnaplayhereanymore for a RB on a non-user team?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mucilaginous posted:

Any objections to me trading a 1 (and possibly a 2, and BenJarvis Green Ellis or Rey Malanotgonnaplayhereanymore for a RB on a non-user team?

Nah, go ahead. I trust us all to be reasonable with trades, and you clearly have a need.

Just for reference, I packaged a bunch of middle picks for Pryor, so trading isn't disallowed.

E: One thing you may wanna do if you like to draft, is look at the FA pool for rookies with good stats that have potential. The RB I'm using now is of that vein and he's surprisingly not total garbage.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 12, 2014

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I traded a 2nd for Darren McFadden, since he was on the trade block. Also swapped some junk players to the Jags for junk backups...like Denard Robinson and Ricky Stanzi.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
In the lonely AFC, I have changed the broncos to a power running, conservative passing team.

And dubious, I sent you probably a terrible trade offer, but hey...Osweiler is better than Pryor, right?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

tensai posted:

In the lonely AFC, I have changed the broncos to a power running, conservative passing team.

And dubious, I sent you probably a terrible trade offer, but hey...Osweiler is better than Pryor, right?

I run a very mobile, spread offense. Osweiler would be horrible in my scheme.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Anybody want to play a scrim or whatever I'm on now.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Getting on now. Going to stream at http://www.twitch.tv/shortthug

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Guess I'll shut my stream down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Streaming a human being Guy/Me stream at https://www.twitch.tv/wampalord

• Locked thread