Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AradoBalanga posted:

I just want to know what amount of illegal substances not only CREATED this design, but then later on approved said design. Seriously, Hinako. What in the name of YHVH made you think that....."outfit"...was a good thing to wear AT ALL? :psyduck:

She wears that outfit because she really likes getting attention from guys. I think at one point she refuses to change into warmer clothes because otherwise she'd just be "another boring girl with glasses."

AradoBalanga posted:

A giant-rear end scarf.

I think.

Probably something for part of her dance routine. Though I can't remember what it's called.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AradoBalanga posted:

So, we have reached the end of episode 3, and this is where the anime went off in its own direction: they let Keita die. In almost the same way as his death clip, tumbling down stairs. After being hit with a big attack meant for Hibiki from Botis, that is. Also, Hinako was already a JPs member by this point, having joined along with Keita. And yes, Joe STILL hasn't been introduced yet in the anime by this point.

Other than that, Keita....is annoying. I get that he's supposed to be the "jackass who gets better over time due to experiences", but his introduction really doesn't leave a lot of room for the player to actually give Keita a chance. Doesn't help that his team in this update doesn't help Keita's case either.

If I recall correctly. He does not get better at all unless you let a certain other character die and it makes him decide to be less of a jackass.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CmdrKing posted:

Seems to have tassles. However I choose to believe, for comedy value, that it's bunny ears.

Hinako is currently the coolest PC, so let's hang out with her.

It's pretty much Bunny ears I have seen an image of him wearing the hood.

Anyway Hotsuin is kind of a prick. Despite being in charge of a government group he seems to be more chaos aligned then Law what with his survival of the fittest attitude.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I actually do like Ronaldo quite a bit. Although Devil Survivor is closer to reasons then Law and Chaos, Ronaldo is the Law character to Yammato's Chaos. Still I like him and prefer him to Yammato.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Yamato is super evil.

Feinne posted:

I still say that Ronaldo's not even a Law character, he's a crazy fucker character. Yamato is the most Law character, despite being in favor of something that superficially resembles what Chaos people like in other games. We haven't actually met a Chaos character yet.

I would still say for sure that Yamato is chaos and Ronaldo is law. But like you I will go into further details later. All that's really clear right now is that Ronaldo wins points over Yamato for not being an evil dick currently.

Also the Poll does not work.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Feinne posted:

I will say from later events that it's possible Botis was just given a general objective and left to his own recognizance as far as how to solve that objective. The Anguished One probably didn't directly order him to harm people, he just didn't say he couldn't and Botis is a loving demon after all.

Botis does however give an impression of being more honorable and less evil the Anguished One's other servant Bifrons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hahah what were they thinking with the eye shadow? Holy poo poo that looks doofy.

It's actually weird eye hair.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well I think Fumi is a legit sociopath along with being a troll. While Otome is a nice girl that happens to be a bit of one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

theshim posted:

Makoto is one of the most straightforward and earnest characters in the game.

This means, of course, that everyone, MC included, must mess with her.

Ronaldo seems fine with her for the most part he just dislikes who she works for.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KataraniSword posted:

Not anything openly pointed out, but he is a little on the :downs: side as a character.

Not that it matters given how well he does the job when the job needs doin'.

Well he acts like :downs: but looks like :geno:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Feinne posted:

Oh is it Ronaldo? Then I'll talk about him too, especially since we've seen him on a map already anyway.

I don't let people die so I was just going by memory that someone noted Yamato shows up in Keita's place. Though, honestly, I'd rather have Keita than Yamato.

When everyone was describing playable characters I never heard who was the worst. Is it Yamato?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 24, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Strange Quark posted:

You're not really missing out on much. Yamato and Ronaldo do show up on the Megrez map depending on who's alive and who you go with, but they're like Makoto in the first map you have with her. They're yours to control, but they have their own demons/skills and are there just to steal exp.

No I mean who is the worst playable character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Keita gets quite a bit of character development if Otome dies. Though I don't want her to die.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yamato was an rear end in a top hat to Kama. Anyway We have not spent any real time with Ronaldo so we should do that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MightyPretenders posted:

Okay, let's review. The plot has advanced to the point where the party is about to split along alignments.

On the Lawful Chaotic end, we have the leader Yamato, the Evil Genius Fumi, and the Brute Keita.
Makoto seems to be on the fence.

On the Chaotic Lawful end, we have the leader Ronaldo and the Medic Otome. Airi is leaning their way (mostly because Fumi and Yamato are sociopaths), and Joe seems to be on the fence.

Hinako isn't joining Ronaldo, and is not a sociopath, so Yamato is out too.
Jungo is in the same boat as Hinako.
Io and Daichi, being ordinary high school students, can clearly see that both sides are too radical to be reasonable.

If I had to pick one side Between Yamato and Ronaldo I would pick Ronaldo because none of his team are sociopaths.

Infact from what we have seen of Ronaldo he has been a nice and reasonable guy for the most part. I know he becomes more willing to do bad things later on but still he is better then Hotsuin.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 5, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Unlike Yamato Ronaldo even straight up said that Yamato's path has it's benefits, but he views it as morally wrong. Yamato refuses to consider that he is not right. Pretty much they had to do this to make Ronaldo seem as bad as Yamato.

Despite this I still like Ronaldo but I do agree that Makato should be saved.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Once again Renaldo seems very reasonable if Naive while Yamato is an rear end in a top hat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BrightWing posted:

Daichi would be a more interesting faction leader if he was more assertive. I think is ok to have "I just don't want everyone killing each other" as a goal, but Daichi being run over by other better characters really doesn't sell it

What I'm trying to say is, I want to like Daichi's path, but it's hard to.

If I remember Hinako more or less serves as the leader of Daichi's path.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MightyPretenders posted:

She was supposed to play an important role in the remake/sequel, but... well, that's vanished into the ether.

It's apparently still alive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

raqibmarvelous posted:

This game looks very different from the first one. I'm still wondering why they chose to release the sequel on DS versus 3DS?

I just hope the 3DS remake is announced again soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So who do we take on next. Yamato or Ronaldo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ApplesandOranges posted:

My guess is that the groups are split up so that there's always one character who can't die in them - so far we've had Jungo and Hinako, and Daichi and Io.

So if that's true, then Ronaldo's faction will probably be Keita/Airi + Ronaldo/Joe, and Yamato's would be Otomo/Fumi + Yamato/Makoto, just based on who's closest to who.

Keita joined Yamato and Otome joined Ronaldo.

Anyway my bet is Joe/Airi and Ronaldo/Otome. Keita/Fumi and Yamato/Makoto.

Out of all of these I would bet Ronaldo's pair is the hardest given that he is always been good at playing to his strengths while Otome is pretty powerful anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

cdyoung posted:

The reason why Fumi didn't run away was A) Trumpeter was killed so she couldn't be floan down, and B) she was on the top of a highrise. Benny caused enough damage to the structure to make it infeasible for her to run away in time. Also, I hated that episode worse then the one where the ENTIRE Law faction was killed unceremoniously in an act of very lovely writing.

Ronaldo is considered the Law faction not the chaos.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't know why Ronaldo chooses death here. He is fine with not choosing death in the neutral route.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 7, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's just as stupid from what I know.

Honestly Ronaldo is not really stupid he is just suicidally stubborn. He already knew he lost and thought your characters had good points and had a good idea. He just was not able to throw his ideals away and so thought the best way this would work out would be to die.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mastema is also pretty cool in SMTIV. Were he is a resonable angel trying to ensure humanity freedom. (Also this is apparently what god wants.) While the 4 archangels are being typical law assholes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Anguished one introduces himself as Alcor in the anime.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's just because he didn't try to dick you over during his actual death. Him jumping to his death however was still dumb. They're both stupid because in Hibiki's path, they could still get what they want. It's just not as simple as asking god to do it for them.

Basically what I'm saying is they're both big dumb babies.

Yammato did Saiduq just blasted him before he could.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tallgeese posted:

Nah, they're okay with that. See SMT NINE, where the Chaos ending is actually more sensible than True Neutral.

Only Law has never had an ending they portrayed as unambiguously positive.

DS1 is pretty much purely positive. Law is much better then the other choices in SJ and in SMTIV it's better then the Chaos ending.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

W.T. Fits posted:

I just meant that it feels more in-character and natural for Yamato to say, "No, gently caress you guys, I'm not working with that monster," and off himself than it did for Ronaldo. Ronaldo going, "Huh... yeah, that world you guys are trying for sounds pretty good. gently caress YOU, I WANTED TO DO IT MY WAY!" and getting swatted like a fly for being stupid enough to tackle our alien star god buddy just seems kind of abrupt and out of left field.

It was actually more like.

"The world you are trying for sounds like a good idea. But I can't throw my ideals away and I won't give up." Tackles Saiduq and gets blown away "Good luck with making your new world" Dies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I remember correctly if Otome (Or was it Jungo) dies Keita actually develops in a decent way.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If Botis and or Bifrons are still alive they are fought here instead of Black Frost.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Yamato's world seemed like pretty poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Feinne posted:

Yeah Ronaldo's just not that bright when you get down to it. He never even realized his mentor was still alive, for one.

That is fine. Everyone thought his mentor was dead and his mentor faked his death. It also does not really matter as Dera-Deka died before he could meet Ronaldo again anyway.

Also for the final playthrough you should spare Botis and Bifrons just so we can see the different scenes with them if they live.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be fair Makato was refusing to surrender so it's not like he in the clip were he just had her beaten and shot her. She refused to give up and told him to shoot her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel like it would make for sense for the Yammato route to be the screw everyone route. Instead of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Keldulas posted:

This is one of those things where I don't quite like the ending just because it's so hideously sugary sweet.

Though a bigger problem for me is that literally none of the PCs make an appearance. In Yamato's ending, they may not have said anything, but the PCs WERE present.

Um Airi, Otome and Joe show up. Airi is one of the civis that says she is going to help the soldiers and jps. If Otome is alive she is one of the people that goes to the injured person and Joe is one of the Jp's people delivering the food.

• Locked thread