Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

The stealthiness, unfortunately, does little to distract the cops at street level from Peacock's daring entrance. Still, moving slowly does let Peacock catch up easier, and as such you're able to ascend the building as one unit again.

You can hear The Pathologist's promised helicopter whirring above your head as you pound your legs up the stairs, away from the presumably-approaching cops down below. One good tackle sees the door to the roof slam open, revealing a rather sinister-looking, sleek chopper hovering just a few feet off the ground on the opposite edge of the roof.

A pair of boots jumps from the side door, landing almost delicately in front of you. They're attached to a man.

A very beautiful, familiar-looking man. Who's holding a large machine pistol and pointing it in your general direction. This probably isn't the helicopter The Pathologist promised.

You're still a couple dozen yards away from him, but there's not a ton of cover on the roof. And considering it's the same gun that filled your van full of holes back at VeraCorp, he's probably fully capable of putting just as many holes into you.

You can't help but notice that he doesn't have backup, though there are a number of armored men manning heavy machine guns sticking out the side doors of the helicopter.

"I don't suppose you'd be willing to drop your guns and give up?" He calls, gesticulating with the gun.

I suppose we'll skip the two lazybones in order to facilitate letting the new guys actually start :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 2

"Ah...this would go faster if you carried one of these bags!" Leslie continues to grouse as he drags himself up the stairs. A grousing that immediately stops and opens the door to see--

"Oh. My. God." He stares for a few seconds, letting the bag of drill junk fall to the ground with a *crunch*. "Oh...god..." He's too busy staring to even draw his gun, much less drop it or use it.

"...marry me~. I mean, uh, by gun do you mean my pistol or my pants? I mean, no, who are you?!"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Lancehead FP 1/Refresh 3
Stress [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Major (6):

"Keep your God-damned pants on, Peacock. We'll cooperate." Lancehead drops his rifle and kicks it towards the obnoxiously beautiful man. As he lays down the loot carefully, he switches his comms unit normally reserved for Blancs through the bands being used by local law enforcement. Settling on the CISEN tactical response unit, he barks quickly, "Perps are escaping via helicopter. Be advised, primary suspect heavily armed and handsome. Dangerous! I meant dangerous."

In one motion he scoops up the bag, and dives back into the stairwell. The cops won't be distracted for long, so Lancehead bursts back onto the top floor below the roof. Switching comms back to the Pathologist, he says, "LZ is hot! Tell me you have a plan B!"

Using my Just a Box ability to "utterly confound pursuit with unorthodox tactics"

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Uhhhh... I really don't. The cops are already closing in. You can try and break through the siege line the cops have set up. Or just shoot that dick and steal his helicopter. Or shoot him and his helicopter and wait for mine."

There's a long pause. "We've gone loud. All my plans mostly involve shooting cops."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 2

Leslie still hasn't pulled out his pistol to toss out yet. It's a good pistol, okay? Instead he continues to mack on their would-be captor.

"Hey, remember us from Shanghai? Because I remember you~! Hair blowing in the wind as you leaned out from your armored van and shot at us with your machine pistol. And I know you've been following us for a year at least. What a way to go after someone you love, stalking them for a year and then shooting them with bullets! So how about instead of that, we go downstairs, hit the coffee machine, steal someone's chocolates, and talk it out? I don't want to shoot a pretty face like yours~!"

Time to make sure that everybody knows Leslie is Just That Flaming. That way he can't shoot me :cheeky: Flashy "WTF Peacock?" Go!
[23:17:11] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+3
[23:17:13] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, //-++3 = 3

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Atticus "Finch"

"Oh for Pete's sake" Finch mumbles as Peacock dives away.

Moving at lightning fast speed, Finch draws his gun and without a word of warning opens fire on the ugly man.

Shoot first: 4dF+3 1

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Wellll, I suppose I might be convinced..." The man starts to skirt forward a bit, toward Peacock. Then Finch shoots him several times in the chest. He moves his arm up to defend and takes a couple more rounds to the arm before staggering backward and falling off the edge of the roof.

"poo poo we're under fire!" You hear shouting from the helicopter. "Team leader is down! Return fire!"

The helicopter opens fire with its chaingun on Finch.

Helicopter shoots Finch with Forceful 2!

Everyone is up!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Atticus "Finch"

Calmly dropping to one knee and sliding the large backpack on his back around to his front for protection, Finch takes the time to line up his shot on the chain gunner, placing the sights right between the unlucky man's eyes.

"Fire in the hole" he whispers as he blows the man's head off.

Shoot first again: 4dF+3 4

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Lancehead FP 1/Refresh 3
Stress [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Major (6):

"Bring the chopper to the the top floor. Near the broken windows." Lancehead draws his pistol and shoots out the glass, then moves to the edge. "All units, aim to disable the enemy helo. I'll start loading ours." He readjusts his loot bags, preparing to toss them over. He's not going to be able to jump, so about all he can do is help the others escape.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"gently caress!" The gunner cries, spiraling out the back of the helicopter.

He doesn't make the edge.

The helicopter veers up and away from the roof, apparently in retreat. Until it turns around and you can see the safety lids of the missile pods pop open.

"My pilot is almost there, just hang on." The Pathologist responds to Lancehead. You can just about hear another set of rotors cutting through the city, headed your way. Though whether they're real or wishful thinking on your part is hard to say.

Gunner defends with a -2! :downs:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 2-1

"Finch, why did you...gah!" Leslie throws his arms up in the air in frustration as he races for the edge of the building. For a moment he considers leaping over the side to grab the man...then he reconsiders, wheels his foot around on the balcony edge, and makes a flying leap for the helicopter landing gear. Better hope he hits it!

Quick jump for the departing heli! Go go go!
[16:21:06] <Davin_Valchristmas> !r fudge+2
[16:21:07] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valchristmas, //--+2 = 0
Invoke Gun in my Pants to reroll...
[16:21:46] <Davin_Valchristmas> !r fudge+2
[16:21:48] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valchristmas, -+/-+2 = 1
Aaaaagh...

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

There is a *thunk* as Peacock lands on one of the landing struts... one-handed.

He is just a hair exposed there.

Peacock (or someone aiding him) has to roll something to be able to act again.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Oh and gently caress Initiative at this point, there's only one enemy and they're currently "charging up", so to speak. Let's say that took up their action, so everyone is up.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 1

"Uwaaaaah!" Peacock finds himself rapidly twisting and dangling from the landing gear as it continues to lift off from the building roof. So without any further waiting, he lifts his body up and through the door gunner roof and points his gun towards the pilot! "Shut down the weapons! Shut them down!"

I'm sure somersaulting my way into the helicopter interior counts as a Flashy overcome, yes?
[20:07:46] <Davin_Valchristmas> !r fudge+3
[20:07:47] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valchristmas, -+/-+3 = 2

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"poo poo, alright, alright, you got me." The pilot puts his hands up, leaving the helicopter hovering in mid-air.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Atticus "Finch"

Seeing that Peacock has the pilot covered, Finch stands up and gestures the pilot to land the chopper on the roof.

Finch yells out over the noise of the chopper, "Let's all get on and get the hell out of here, we can add a chopper to payment now." He says before leaping aboard the descending chopper and settling in the rear seat with his pistol carefully trained on the pilot.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Well done my friends! Get back to the hideout and we'll divvy up the loot!"

The sound of sirens and police helicopters are loud, but you're able to evade the bulk of their force in the chaos and make your way back to The Pathologist's warehouse.

You're a little over halfway to your destination, swooping in low over the buildings of Touluca when Blancs' voice cuts into your ear.

"Change of plans team. Command wants you back yesterday. You're to sever ties with your criminal contact and return to the states. Now."

The pilot, unable to hear this conversation, continues to the warehouse and lands on the roof. Before you can disembark a figure crashes through the door leading to the roof from the interior. He sprints up to the cockpit and punches the pilot in the face, knocking him out cold.

Turns out it's Doc. He takes the pilot's headset, puts it on, then gives you a big thumbs up. "Hey guys! How'd it go storming the castle? Where to now? We staying here or what?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Atticus "Finch"

"Who's this guy? Someone I shouldn't kill?"

Finch picks up the pilot and deposits him outside the door of the warehouse.

"Let's pack this up then, drinks are on me."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Since I wasn't very clear you're currently presented with two options: deal with the Pathologist and give him his share of the haul (possibly pissing off Command in the process), or following orders, keeping the money, and returning to the States immediately (pissing off The Pathologist for shafting him).

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Score one for me!" Peacock crows as he practically dances in the passenger compartment. "But why the hell did you shoot that guy, Finch?! I was THIS CLOSE to turning him to our side!!"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Atticus "Finch"

"Who? The stuck up fancy guy? He wasn't your type, Peacock. I'm pretty sure he was going to ask the bloody helicopter to open fire on you rather than lead you to his bead. You should be thanking me." Finch straightens his coat and puts a smug grin on his face.

"Now, what shall we do with this Pathologist bloke? I'm all for following orders and RTBing, but if you have suggestions I'm open to them. That bastard doesn't deserve t his good stuff we stole..."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Lies, I totally had him wrapped around my d--finger!" Leslie grimaces and makes a distressed gesture with his hands. "I should be hitting you right now!"

He stops being petulant and looks thoughtful. "I don't think having friends in command would be very helpful for our case, since they're so subverted by OSIRIS and stuff. We might have to start building our own network."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Well tick-tock, make a decision." Doc taps his foot impatiently, causing the helicopter to rock violently as he hits a yaw pedal.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Alright gently caress it executive decision, we're going home." Doc pulls up and away from the roof and starts flying north, toward the US border.

"Good thing we're so inconspicuous." He says, piloting the large, sleek black attack helicopter loaded with gatling guns and rockets and poo poo. "We should have no problem illegally invading US airspace."

Turns out he was right, it was pretty easy indeed. You destination is an unassuming office park in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Doc lands the helicopter on the roof of the tallest building, totally shielding it from view. Surely no one will see the attack chopper from the street or anything. Also it's not, technically a helipad, more of just a roof.

Whatever, it's probably fine.

"Conference Room C. Now." You haul the bags out of the helicopter and down the fire stairs. Also you're pretty sure Lancehead died or something since he's not here.

"So... that was a fiasco." Blancs does not sound pleased as he enters the conference room.

"I won't go so far as to say clusterfuck, since you did at least return with..." He eyes the sandy duffel bags thrown on the large table that dominates the room. "...some intel, I suppose. But Command isn't happy. You were just supposed to figure out what the hell was happening, and you come back with your contact dead, a bank robbed, and half the goddamn city leveled."

He looks around, sighs heavily and rubs at his temple. "...and lost some of your team in the process. Fantastic. Well, I suppose it's timely that we've procured reinforcements then."

He thumbs a button on his phone, waits a moment, then says: "Alright, send them in."

Alright I'm succumbing to being a railroad DM, Waffleman and Gharbad the Weak have waited long enough :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A young man in his late 20s rolls into the room, kneeling at the doorway and looking around the room. He then places two fingers on his ear. There is nothing on his ear.

"I'm in. Starting mission."

The man gets up, brushes himself off, and clenches his fist.

"Reporting for duty! You can call me R. Special Agent R!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Special Agent R .....or Jimmy Neal

High Concept: Spy Enthusiast Made Spy

Trouble: A Bit Too Into This

Aspect: A Secret To Everyone...Including Me!

Aspect: I Think I Read This In The Manual

Aspect: Professional Driver On A Closed Course

Approaches:

Careful: +0
Clever: +3
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +1
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +2

Stunts:

Scout's Honor, I Swear: When Jimmy is trying to create a cover story, he can spend one FP to create the advantage Deep Undercover to strengthen it.

I Remember This From Groundrise!: Once per session, Jimmy can spend one FP to recall a piece of spy fiction that holds the key to getting out of a tight situation.

I Can Talk My Way Out Of This: When negotiation is an option, Jimmy can use Clever in place of a Sneaky roll.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Aw, I wanted my own criminal network wrapped around my finger," Peacock mutters to himself as he wanders into the room. He looks at the two new people in the room. Not too bad looking, but... "Oh, hey, who're you guys? Let's start with you, R. Are you a good replacement for an underworld contact?" The question is fairly serious, but Peacock's slightly manic grin isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jimmy "Special Agent R" Neal

"That's classified information, Agent."

A beat.

"But no, not really. I can tell you who played every Bond girl, though."

• Locked thread