Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 2

For just an instant, Peacock frowns at the boot pressing against his wrist. So they really were professional...and they had him at a disadvantage! But as he pulls himself out from under the table--doing his best to keep the rest of the civilians concealed--and fluffs out his jacket--in a motion which he hopes looks like chucking his gun--he smiles again. The fellow did look rather cute...

"Oh, hello there, you handsome Slavic bear," he chuckles in the most feminine way he can as he puts his hands up. "You look like you work out a lot. What's your name~?"

As he lilts his voice on the last word, he lifts up his head, making his Adam's apple very clear.

I guess I'm breaking out Do I Make You Nervous sooner than I thought! Fluster the blond gunman! (Empathy): 4dF+3 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

"Is, uh..." The man scratches at the thick stubble creeping towards his own neck. "Is Leonty. You?"

Leonty takes 1 composure stress and the Major Consequence "Uh...What was I doing again?" to shave 4 off the attack.

He counterattacks with his own Empathy attack at 2!

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Twobit - 1 FP

poo poo, he mutters, as he can't find a sample. Just have to go with something less subtle to keep 'em in here.

Rigging a few components in his larynx to a sinusoidal oscillator and filtering his ear mikes through a compressor, he begins emitting a attention-getting deafening sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2a4u-PWlqI

Crafts +6 (making myself constantly emit a very loud 1000 hz sine wave and filtering my cyberears from the effect): 4dF+6 8

---

Please add I AM VERY VERY LOUD to me.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I'm pretty sure I heard the video with my computer on mute and my headphones unplugged. It's that loud

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Sorry, bit of a clusterfuck following my Plan of Study meeting, post soon-ish.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

First, I defend vs. the Empathy attack! Defend against Empathy! (Will): 4dF+1 1...okay, 1 mental stress.
Phys: OOO
Ment: XOO

Peacock feels a twinge of guilt at stringing the man along like that, but it passes as soon as he remembers that he has a Kalashnikov. There's nothing to feel guilty about...okay, maybe there is, a bit.

"Oh, just call me Leslie. Sooo, Leonty," he continues as though nothing had happened, sliding off his suit jacket as he speaks with hand motions that say "it's a bit warm in here". "You look smart, you look pretty, what's a fellow like you doing running with a group like this? You can be honest with me...~"

That last roll should have been Rapport, but they have the same level, so no matter. Let's try to get an aspect out of Leonty, specifically, with Rapport! Hey there, Leonty! (Rapport): 4dF+3 3

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

Lancehead FP 1/Refresh 3
Pulling Knopf into the stairwell, Lancehead grabs the hysterical man by the shoulders and turns him around. "You need to get out of here, Mr. Knopf. We are here to make that happen. You wanted protection, you've got it." He looks into the older man's eyes, nods, then loosens his grip. "Welcome to Sigma Protocol. Pay attention, stick with us, and we'll get you out of this in one piece. We clear?"

Empathy: 4dF+2 2

Knopf shakes his head. "Hell no. I dunno who you are, for all I know you work for those assholes that crashed my party. I'm going downstairs and I'm getting security in here. I don't know what the gently caress is happening and quite frankly I'm getting sick of this poo poo. A couple days ago I read an email I guess I wasn't supposed to read and now there's all kinds of dicks with guns all up in my business. You want me to come with you? Go shoot those fucks. That'll be a start."

Knopf's defense roll was a 2! He remains unconvinced!

"Is... uh...!" He nervously chuckles to himself over the deafening screech. "Is good money... I suppose!" He takes a not especially surreptitious glance downward. "What, uh... what brings you here!"

He falls unconscious. So does everyone else.

Except that lead guy. He mostly just yells obscenities. Then sprays machinegun fire everywhere.

Success! You have placed the "Yeah yeah, in a minute!" Aspect on Leonty!

Leonty defends against the sonic attack! He takes 3 composure stress!

Leonty attacks Leslie with Rapport! -2! :saddowns:

Actually, I'm not mathematician but I'm pretty sure Leonty is down for the count.

The terrorists as a group roll defense against the sonic attack because math is hard so gently caress it let's do it all at once! 0 for 6 Stress! They collectively fall to the ground having taken the Serious Consequence "gently caress ME THAT'S REALLY LOUD!"

The only one left is the Leader Guy! He defends with a 2 for 4 composure stress! He shaves that off with the consequence "LOUD NOISES!"

Leader Guy shoots at Twobit! Guns of 3! Defend against that poo poo!

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 29, 2014

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Twobit - 1 FP - Phys 1☑ 2☐ 3☐ 4☐

The ear-piercing sine wave wobbling back and forth through his fleshy face continues as he dives away from the machine gun spray...

Athletics +3 to dodge bullets!: 4dF+3 2

...and only barely gets out of the line of fire, his left leg's motor grinding against his pelvic joint.

---

I take 1 physical stress.

Uh, a bit after the fact, but if we interpret my loud noise as an attack, I would have only gotten a +6 rather than a +8 (due to the Grafting Experience stunt providing a +2 to creating advantages on myself).

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Xiaolong

While the talkers talk, the doer does. Or whatever the saying is in English.
thinks Xiaolong as he creeps carefully around the outside of the party. There is a piercing noise, but it mostly bounces off the concealed earplugs he has been wearing in case of gunfire. Soon, he is in position.

A hand snakes out, groping for a certain Leader's sidearm, seeing as the dweeb is distracted shooting like an idiot. First rule of dealing with armed opposition: get armed...

KPrime, +/+/+2 = 4 Stealth to sneak up and totally jack that dork's other gun.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Lancehead FP 0/Refresh 3
Physical [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3
Mental [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3
Mild (2): Moderate (4): Major (6):

"What security?" scoffs Lancehead. "We didn't see any, and we weren't walking into your party heavily, conspicuously armed. I don't like your odds if you pick them over the guys not gunning for you. Good news is that at least someone's armed up here which means any moment now, my team--"

Twobit's oscillation is suddenly audible even from across the floor, and Lancehead continues: "--should be making their play. Get to the next floor down and someone will meet you, I'll help get your partygoers out. Lock this door behind me."

Lancehead slips out the stairwell door and jogs towards the party floor. He says to Boo through comms, "Package headed down the stairway towards you. Intercept if he doesn't stop, be nice but keep him in sight. Tough love is not authorized; chase if you have to. You're the ninja, figure it out."

Scooping up a .45 pistol from a fallen gunman, he ejects the magazine, removes one bullet, and replaces it with the spare tranquilizer round he keeps in the bottom of his pack of cigs, all while creeping towards the gun battle between Twobit and the Leader. Crouching about ten feet away, he loads the round back into the weapon, aims carefully, and fires, hitting the leader square in the back. The blunt force knocks the man forward as the miniature syringe delivers its payload. Now to keep him occupied until he drops...

Sneak Attack: 4dF+4 3
Hit him with the aspect I Feel Asleep, and any dealt physical stress is non-lethal

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Between the disarm attack keeping him distracted and the decent shot dealt by Lancehead, the leader goes down like a sack of bricks, leaving you all (except for Boo) alone in a ballroom with a lot of panicking ex-hostages. Wesson is gone. Penny isn't answering comms.

From here you can see across the courtyard to a set of elevators that extend back down to the ground floor. Knopf has apparently gotten in one of them and is heading downward. Coming up the other elevator is another cadre of heavily armed men. As they pass, the armed men begin gesticulating wildly and hammering at buttons.

Knopf has apparently decided to attempt escape on his own.

Looking down to the entrance you can see several large trucks pulling up and encircling the building. More and more moderate-to-heavily-armed men are pouring out of the beds and into the building.

No sign of the cops.

...This is not going great.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 30, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Lancehead FP 0/Refresh 3
Mental [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3

"Twobit, turn that poo poo off and stop those drat elevators, both of them. Boo, tell me you see this. You, let's get these people safe." Lancehead adds this last to a secretary who is among the hostages; he stows the gun, sheds his jacket, and kneels before her. "The cops aren't here yet. Who do I yell at to get them deployed? If you don't know, who here does?" He turns to the floor. "This is an open question. Sooner I know what precinct is your private security, the sooner I can have them here doing what you pay them for."

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Twobit - 0 FP - Phys 1☑ 2☐ 3☐ 4☐

Reconfiguring his throat to something less grating, his voice slightly desyncs from his lips. He grabs an SMG from one of the downed attackers.

"Yeah, I don't think the cops are going to show up if they haven't already. They are probably in on it. The only way we are getting out of this," he says, "is by escalating the situation until the authorities can't ignore it."

He twists his left pinky, revealing a built-in lighter. A ember starts glowing.

"I can make the jump to the rooftop nearby. I'll carry the civs there after we get this place lighted up. That will stop the elevators."

---

Declaring a nearby rooftop. (-1 FP)

Do I have to roll to set the building on fire? :)

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

Lancehead FP 0/Refresh 3
"The cops aren't here yet. Who do I yell at to get them deployed? If you don't know, who here does?" He turns to the floor. "This is an open question. Sooner I know what precinct is your private security, the sooner I can have them here doing what you pay them for."

"The cops are our security," the original secretary answers. "We pay good money to have their response time down to under five. There's gunshot sensors in drat near every room, including this one. I think your friend is right, if they're not coming by now they're not coming."

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

"I can make the jump to the rooftop nearby. I'll carry the civs there after we get this place lighted up. That will stop the elevators."

You can definitely make that jump, but carrying the civillians one at a time is going to be a hassle, and will eat up quite a bit of valuable not-getting-shot-in-the-face time.

quote:

Do I have to roll to set the building on fire? :)

This is never a question you need to ask.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Lancehead FP 0/Refresh 3
Mental [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3

Doomsayer posted:

"The cops are our security," the original secretary answers. "We pay good money to have their response time down to under five. There's gunshot sensors in drat near every room, including this one. I think your friend is right, if they're not coming by now they're not coming."

"Seems someone paid more," he muses. Grabbing an assault rifle himself, he launches a rapid series of questions over comms. "Doc, where are you and your van? Twobit, can you start the fire in a different room please? Peacock, did you or Wesson park the APC, and where is it from here? Where the hell are Wesson and Sterling anyway? Xiaolong, do you have all the gear you need? We need to move out. Twobit, once you've set the fire, take the civilians downstairs; keep them a couple floors above ground level so they can get out quick once the gunmen get past. Boo, are you at the elevators yet? Wesson, come in Wesson? Wesson? WESSON! drat it." He takes a breath

He tells the secretary, "You look like you've got your head on straight; keep these people in line. Keep them moving, keep them calm; keep them following Agent Twobit's instructions. If there are bad guys are around, definitely keep them quiet." Lowering his voice, he adds, "You deal with them yelling at you all day; this is your chance to yell back."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Boo

"Ow! Stop yelling--what are you trying to do, make me as deaf as you, Grandpa?" Jo pries open a door to get a quick pick and continues shimmying up the elevator shaft. "I'm still in the shafts, but I can get wherever, fast. Where do you need me and who do I gotta kill?"

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I talked with Radioactive Bears in IRC and he was going to do a thing, but I dunno where he went.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Peacock smirks as Leonty and the rest of the terrorists fall over from Twobit's screeching. "Too much for you?" he laughs as he secures his pistol, then picks up a RPK-looking number from one of the downed gunmen. "Boo, if I were you, I'd get out of the shafts...ooh, such a fun word...because there's a lot of baddies that are going to come up it! I might be able to slow them down a bit, though...I mean, since the police aren't coming anyways!"

He checks the chamber on the RPK, grabs a few extra magazines, walks up to the window, then turns and says "you all might want to cover your ears. Unless you like deafness. Just saying!"

Then he smashes the window with the butt of the RPK and opens fire on the gathering shooters below. "AHAHAHA, SO THIS IS WHAT TWO HANDED WORK IS LIKE!"

Let's use Shoot to place an aspect like Sprayed and Preyed or Heads Down! on the approaching baddies.
[19:29:17] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+4
[19:29:18] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, -+-/+4 = 3

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I'm gonna give Radioactive Bears a little while longer to do his thing, assuming he's not dead :ohdear:

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
Doc Austerlitz
Fate Points: 2

The shrimp and rice was delicious, by the way. Not that anyone would know. Everyone else was doing something important, and Doc just waited in a nearby alley, drumming on the steering wheel with chopsticks and waiting for the go ahead to skedaddle. Hell, it's a white op. That's probably code for easy.

Finally, Lancehead's voice breaks through Doc's haze of Chinese food and Rush. “poo poo, what? Why do we need the van? Did you murder a guy?” Doc looks around conspiratorially across the road to the target, and sees a bit of a perimeter. “Oh? I'll be right there.” Black vans, black coats. The rainbow colored van in the alley couldn't be more different. Who did these guys think they were, painting everything black? You hit somebody with a van like that, and no one would even know it was you. Amateurs.

As shrimp and rice addled as Doc is, even he can see when something's up. A bunch of unmarked black vehicles and gunmen without uniforms mean that either the folks surrounding the building aren't police, or they are some kind of Super Police, beholden to no one. Either way, that's the sort of thing that earns you a visit from the Vansterlitz. The dial on the radio turns to max as Rush begins getting louder and louder from the Van's stereo system, and Doc guns the engine. A few of the men surrounding the building can hear, and look around confused. It grows louder. They begin looking to the dark alley the Vansterlitz is parked. The headlights are switched on, surprising most of them, and the radio reaches a peak in volume.

Then all hell breaks loose. The van barrels forward and some of the gunmen have the good sense to dive aside. The same cannot be said for their poor vehicles. You don't get in as many collisions as the Doc without making sure you can drive away from them. Black metal buckles and snaps under the garishly-painted pressure of the Van, and like a comet the Doc speeds past and straight for the lobby. The doors explode inward, and the windows shake, crack, and shatter into the air like so much glitter. If anyone was in the lobby before, they probably won't be for long if they know what's good for them.

The van brakes, and lurches on the polished floor as it slides into position. It's not too big a deal, for a fancy corporate lobby. Doc's been dragged out of much nicer places. A front desk, a few plants, and a big open space. But something off to the side catches Doc's eye, a big empty room that doesn't look quite right. A freight elevator. Jackpot. “Alright, I think I see something off to the side of the lobby, so you guys just wait up there. The cavalry is coming soon!” Doc spits over the radio, the sounds of Rush and the panic outside fighting to drown him out. Wait...

Who's that coming down in the people-elevator?

---

Using Drive +2 and Caress of Steel to park a van in that lobby. Doc will do this via manslaughter and ramming any obstacles in his way. After that using a Fate Point to declare that there is a freight elevator not far from the lobby, large and strong enough to hold a full-size van.

Parking in the Lobby (Via Ramming) +1
- Invoking Rolling Probably Cause -1 Fate Point, +2
Total: +3

Declaring Freight Elevator near the Lobby, -1 Fate Point
Total: -2 Fate Points (0 Left)

Other than that, I'll just wait until this dude we're finding comes to me, pick him up, than find you guys up on the 32nd floor, if no one has any objections.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 2, 2014

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Between the mass vanslaughter and Leslie's spraying of gunfire on anything and everything you have done a remarkably effective job of confusing the poo poo out of the bad guys. It is complete and utter chaos as they seem to be assuming that a small army of private security has been led in a counter-assault against them.

poo poo's pretty crazy.

Knopf has probably reached the ground floor by now on the other side of the building1, but as of right now you've lost sight of him.

1: For reference, the building is an elongated C-shape, Knopf has descended the elevators at the other end of the building, hence how you were able to see him from the ballroom.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Lancehead FP 0/Refresh 3
Mental [ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3

As Peacock grins his "now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho" grin, Lancehead bolts from the room, trying to make his way around to the far side elevators while Peacock fires on them. "Boo, get down to the ground floor to meet with Doc. You're both in charge of getting Knopf in the van and keeping him there. We can still make it look like he got killed in the firefight; it'll give the cops an excuse to not look too hard tomorrow. Xiaolong, find that drat APC and bring it up here with the freight elevator. We're gonna need a way to get the hostages out, and Doc's driving is just not suited for civilians."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Boo

"Got it." With a flick, the kyoketsu-shoge pops free and falls neatly into her waiting hand. "You hear that, Doc? How is the situation down there?" She lets go off the ledge, falling silent as a whisper. "Whatever. I'll be there in like five seconds."

Getting down to the ground floor to reconnoiter with Doc Austerlitz

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Doc Austerlitz
Fate Points: 0

Doc wheels the van around, and carefully backs it into the large freight elevator. He throws a chopstick at the control panel, and the door shuts with an ominous click "Change of plans, Boo, I'm heading to the roof. I figure it'll be easier to get to the other side of the building from there. Do you think you'd be able to land on an elevator car?"

---

Heading to the roof, probably gonna collapse it under the the Vanterlitz once we're near our target's position. If you have any better ideas, the time for them has probably passed.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Radioactive Bears posted:

Doc Austerlitz
Fate Points: 0
Heading to the roof, probably gonna collapse it under the the Vanterlitz once we're near our target's position. If you have any better ideas, the time for them has probably passed.

This is correct. I don't know if your initial plan called for it, but gunviolence, explosions, and ramping poo poo are the plan now!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 2-1

*click* *click* *click*

"What, no more bullets?" Leslie sighs and yanks the magazine out. He chucks it onto a pile of empty, dirty magazines, then looks for a fresh one to no success. "...okay, no more bullets. Fine. I need to get one of these..." He pulls out his pistol and seems to cheer up. "Right, okay, Xiaolong, bring up the big gun, and then we can cut a big hole in these guys!"

Then, on a sudden lark, he starts gathering up the weapons from the dropped gunmen, then calls out to the civilians.

"Anybody here know how to use one of these?"

It's kosher to give the civvies a bit of resilience by arming a few, right?

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"Okay, so I can either set the building on fire, and that will probably make most of the elevators reset to the recall floor, or I could not, and we have a bunch of guys with much more mobility. How badly do we want the van?"

He aims his weapon at the closed doors, ready to fire upon seeing hostiles.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 2-1

It's kosher to give the civvies a bit of resilience by arming a few, right?

I can't think of a single way that could go horribly wrong. :v:

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

"Okay, so I can either set the building on fire, and that will probably make most of the elevators reset to the recall floor, or I could not, and we have a bunch of guys with much more mobility. How badly do we want the van?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of fire but shutting down the elevators would result in a distinct lack of ramping and quite frankly I don't see how you'd be able to live with yourself :colbert:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Radioactive Bears you going on a ramping spree or what?

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Doc Austerlitz

Doc turned down the music for the elevator ride, and waited for Boo. Something thumped on the roof, and knocked twice. Probably Boo? The doors opened into the windy night air and the Vanterlitz jumped to action. Doc began accelerating toward the other end of the building, avoiding most of the various utilities and installations on the rooftop. Most, not all. Bits of metal and plastic dashed themselves on the grill of the van. His target was clear. Some careless builder must have left some loose boards propped up on an air conditioning unit by the roof's edge, in a rough approximation of a ramp.

How could Doc resist hitting it? He was sure his van could take it, no matter how many floors he jumped, and he shot off toward the wood boards. He launched like a rocket and even from high up he could hear the confusion from people below. His stomach did a tumble as he felt gravity grow loose and heavy around him, and the van began to spin in the sky.

Calling the Vanterlitz majestic as it tumbled through the night air wouldn't be right, but to Doc it was like an eagle in flight. He had a stray care through the jump for Boo, clinging to the roof. Oh well, she was a ninja. The boxy rainbow crunched down, wheels to the ground, and half it's weight crushing the hood of a black van while gunmen panicked and fled. The wheels spun and smoked as Doc tried to get back into gear, spinning toward the building he'd just jumped off of. He aimed for the largest window he could find.

It was not quite big enough. Drywall and glass crumbled and crashed against the dented dusty van as the wall fell inward. Doc just laughed and gunned the van as hard as the engine would allow. The headlights flickered and shook on a lone man. Knopf. “GET IN THE VAN!” Doc yelled over the van's broken whine, wheels spinning and a ninja somewhere on the roof. “Doc to everyone else! We have acquired the target and are making our way to you. Get to the first floor and maybe stay away from any walls or doors. Or windows.” With Boo helping Knopf inside, Doc tightened his grip on the wheel and prepared to get through this building one way or another.

With the van facing a solid wall, it wasn't going to be a smooth ride...

~*~*~*~

RAMPIN' IT! With a +2. This van is not going to have a great day. Everyone try and get somewhere safe!

Orokos

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 9, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

It wasn't hard for her to make her way to the freight elevator, but time was of the essence, so she took the quick way down. Of course, every kid in Cherry Blossom gets pushed out of a tree by age 8 as part of their training, so falling down an elevator shaft was nothing by age 21. She hit the roof of the van with a thud, her fall cushioned by secret ninja techniques. Sorry, love to tell you how it works, but it involves magnetjutsu.

As Austerlitz puts the van into gear, Jo drives her ninjaken into the roof and sits atop the van in a crouching position. They plow through wall after wall as she prays this place is to code and she's not breathing in a lethal dose of asbestos and cutrate, rat poison-rich, Chinese drywall. Quietly, she thanks the wisdom of her ancestors for, in their infinite foresight, including a facemask as part of the uniform. However, even with all that it wasn't so bad until that psycho decided to ramp the AC units. Banging on the roof, she shouts "No! gently caress you, Doc, gently caress yoooooooooooou!" She drives a kunai into the van at the last moment and as she's holding on for dear life, at the very apex of the jump, she thinks to herself, "This is pretty loving cool."

Finally, the Deathvan comes to a stop and Jo pulls her ninjaken from its steel and shag-carpeted sheathe and rolls off the van, leaving the kunai behind. Ushering the VIP in, she leans over to Austerlitz. "Nice driving." She brings the tip of her blade up to the Doctor's throat. "Next time I'd like to be inside the van, though." She gets into the passenger seat. "Let's get the gently caress outta Dodge."

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Doc Austerlitz

"Oh boo hoo hoo, I'm a ninja and I hate fun stuff." Doc mimes rudely.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Sorry for the delay! Should be a post from me tomorrow!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Knopf rolls into the back of the van, hitting the wall with a *thud*. "WHAT THE gently caress DO YOU THINK YOU-" He's cut off by the sound of something roughly van-sized driving through a wall and then subsequently met with a hail of gunfire, letting in an uncomfortable amount of light. The RPC crashes into the lobby just in time for the rest of the team to pile in, shouting a combination of of profanities and variations on "DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!"

Doc throws the van into reverse and speeds back into the courtyard under yet more gunfire. He gets the wheels aligned and speeds off into the city, but not before you catch a glimpse of the leader of the troops. You know he's the leader because he's not wearing a helmet.

Also, he's magnificent:

He's gesticulating at the van with one hand, firing a machine pistol with the other. Never have you seen such a majestic and handsome man trying to fill you full of several hundred holes.

Finally the gunfire has died away and you seem to be more or less okay. The glow of the streetlamps flicker in stacatto over your faces and over Knopf's terrified form.

"Who are you? What do you want with me!? Why do you want to kill me!?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Before I post, can I confirm who is where, now? Are Peacock and co still in the building, or have they made their way down in the other vehicle? Because I totally want to try macking on that guy in the middle of the gunfight :cheeky:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Nah I kind of made an executive decision and assumed you all got in the van considering you, like, lit the building on fire and poo poo. The hostages are secure, Knopf is secure, mission accomplished! :toot:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Well in that case...

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 1+1

"Ooh-la-la, did you SEE that man?!" Leslie is practically dancing as he grins widely. "So cute with those long locks, and that jaw! Ah, why does he have to be on the wrong side of us? I wish I could meet him face to face! We could embrace each other under the Shanghai moonlight in the snow, and then I'd start taking off his coat--"

Compelling Model Marksman to be kinda-sorta obsessed with the enemy leader and thus useless for talking to Knopf, for at least a round. Unless the entire scene is over?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Be still my beating heart, I do love a man with a Mac-10 and a commanding presence under fire." She kicks the back of Austerlitz's seat. "First you nearly kill me, then you drive away from my next ex-boyfriend!" She sighs and in one smooth motion, drawing her ninjaken and whirls about, stopping with the edge of the blade the mere width of a hair from Knopf's throat. A few whiskers fall. "Tell us everything you know. Who approached you with the list of Sigma Protocol Operatives? Who compiled the list? Who wants is killing Sigma agents? Who wants them dead? What is your mother's maiden name? Social Security number? Quickly now, if we hit a bump, the next question might be 'What is your blood type?' "

Interrogating with Provoke +1 = 3

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Sig-sigma protocol!? What the hell are you talking about? Let me out of this drat van!"

Knopf's eyes glance to the side, apparently trying to judge his own next move.

Knopf takes 1 Composure Stress!

Davin Valkri posted:

Well in that case...

Leslie "Peacock" Dorien FP 1+1
Compelling Model Marksman to be kinda-sorta obsessed with the enemy leader and thus useless for talking to Knopf, for at least a round. Unless the entire scene is over?

Nah, works for me! I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin
FP: 2

Jo just sighs. "Oh well, playing hard to get. But Momma always said that once you begin an interrogation, establish dominance and never back down. Now that I think of it, Momma gave the same advice with men and dogs, too." With a solid kick, the van door slides open. "We're going to have some fun--Doc, get ready to give it the gas when I give you the sign, got it?" She takes Knopf by the collar and using the kunai she left in the roof from earlier, the both of them are soon surfing the Vanterlitz. "Fun, isn't it?" Jo is standing up now, arms wide, her ninja onesie billowing in the wind--and Knopf barely staying on as she holds his collar. "Not bad, eh, White Collar? But it could be better." She stomps the roof and they speed up. "Oh yeah, baby! Can you feel it? That's speed, that's danger, that's two and a half tons of German-made steel under you and we just let it loose!" Jo lets her grip slip from Knopf's collar to his tie and the man is now standing on the van at a forty-five degree angle. "Can you feel it? Now tell me about that list of names and that operative who approached you or we're going to see how fun you really are!"

Burning a Fate Point to create a Van-Surfing aspect. It's great fun--except when it's pants-shittingly terrifying. Provoke+1+2 = 4

• Locked thread